Calendar contains corrupt data error 0x8E5E0226

  • Follow

"Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
Calendar
contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"

I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
"Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.

I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
how to address the problem.

Thoughts?

0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 12:25:01 AM

You will need to delete the local copy of the calendar:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars\

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> =
wrote in message =
> "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. =
Your=20
> Calendar
> contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. =
(0x8E5E0226)"
>=20
> I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7=20
> machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then =
used the=20
> "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older =
machine on=20
> the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.=20
>=20
> I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a =
response on=20
> how to address the problem.
>=20
> Thoughts?
>=20
>=20

0
Reply Gary 1/1/2010 2:39:24 AM

Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?

Thanks.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> Calendar
> contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
>
> I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
>
> I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> how to address the problem.
>
> Thoughts?

0
Reply winston 1/1/2010 8:17:01 AM

Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
a new windows 7 machine.

I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.

"...winston" wrote:

> Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
> or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> > Calendar
> > contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
> >
> > I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> > machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> > "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> > the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
> >
> > I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> > how to address the problem.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> .

0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 2:27:01 PM

I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.

Thanks fort he help

"Original Poster 2009" wrote:

> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
> a new windows 7 machine.
>
> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
> > Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
> > or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> >   ...winston
> >   ms-mvp mail
> >
> > "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> > > Calendar
> > > contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
> > >
> > > I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> > > machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> > > "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> > > the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
> > >
> > > I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> > > how to address the problem.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >

> > .

0
Reply Utf 1/2/2010 2:48:01 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Does this mean you removed WLM and reinstalled without having deleted the Calendar folder or the calendar folder for a respective
Live ID ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

> I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
> issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.
>
> Thanks fort he help
>
> "Original Poster 2009" wrote:
>
>> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
>> a new windows 7 machine.
>>
>> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.
>>
>> "...winston" wrote:
>>
>> > Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an
>> > retail
>> > or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> >   ...winston
>> >   ms-mvp mail
>> >
>> > "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Reply winston 1/2/2010 5:29:21 AM

I am also on Windows 7, I tried the common solution, unfortunately my
Calendars folder was already empty, so I did a Repair of the Windows Live
Essentials and that did the trick.

"...winston" wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Does this mean you removed WLM and reinstalled without having deleted the Calendar folder or the calendar folder for a respective
> Live ID ?
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
> > issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.
> >
> > Thanks fort he help
> >
> > "Original Poster 2009" wrote:
> >
> >> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
> >> a new windows 7 machine.
> >>
> >> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.

> .

0
Reply Utf 1/29/2010 5:47:01 AM

(page loaded in 0.143 seconds)