Calendar contains corrupt data error 0x8E5E0226

"Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
Calendar
contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"

I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
"Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.

I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
how to address the problem.

Thoughts?

windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

You will need to delete the local copy of the calendar:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars\

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> =
wrote in message =
> "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. =
Your=20
> Calendar
> contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. =
(0x8E5E0226)"
>=20
> I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7=20
> machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then =
used the=20
> "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older =
machine on=20
> the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.=20
>=20
> I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a =
response on=20
> how to address the problem.
>=20
> Thoughts?
>=20
>=20

0
Gary
1/1/2010 2:39:24 AM
Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?

Thanks.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> Calendar
> contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
>
> I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
>
> I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> how to address the problem.
>
> Thoughts?

0
winston
1/1/2010 8:17:01 AM
Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
a new windows 7 machine.

I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.

"...winston" wrote:

> Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
> or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> > Calendar
> > contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
> >
> > I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> > machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> > "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> > the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
> >
> > I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> > how to address the problem.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> .

I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.

Thanks fort he help

"Original Poster 2009" wrote:

> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
> a new windows 7 machine.
>
> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
> > Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an retail
> > or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> >   ...winston
> >   ms-mvp mail
> >
> > "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > "Window Live Mail could not be started. Closeing Window Live Mail. Your
> > > Calendar
> > > contains corrupt data that is forcing Window Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0226)"
> > >
> > > I keep getting the this error when I try to open WLM mail on my Win 7
> > > machine.  When I first loaded WLM on everything worked fine.  I then used the
> > > "Transfer your files" wizzard to move the files off of my older machine on
> > > the newer one and after an update I was then unable to open WLM.
> > >
> > > I have seen this question posted elsewhere but have not seen a response on
> > > how to address the problem.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >

> > .

Thanks for the feedback.

Does this mean you removed WLM and reinstalled without having deleted the Calendar folder or the calendar folder for a respective
Live ID ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

> I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
> issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.
>
> Thanks fort he help
>
> "Original Poster 2009" wrote:
>
>> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
>> a new windows 7 machine.
>>
>> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.
>>
>> "...winston" wrote:
>>
>> > Gary provided the common solution but if I may ask did you perform the transfer from a Windows 7 Release Candidate o/s to an
>> > retail
>> > or OEM Win7 machine or XP/Vista ?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> >   ...winston
>> >   ms-mvp mail
>> >
>> > "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
winston
1/2/2010 5:29:21 AM
I am also on Windows 7, I tried the common solution, unfortunately my
Calendars folder was already empty, so I did a Repair of the Windows Live
Essentials and that did the trick.

"...winston" wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Does this mean you removed WLM and reinstalled without having deleted the Calendar folder or the calendar folder for a respective
> Live ID ?
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "Original Poster 2009" <OriginalPoster2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just tried uninstalling live mail again and it seems to have cleared up the
> > issue.  Previously I tried this but it didnt work.
> >
> > Thanks fort he help
> >
> > "Original Poster 2009" wrote:
> >
> >> Winston, not exactly sure what you mean.  I transfered from an XP machine to
> >> a new windows 7 machine.
> >>
> >> I will try Gary's solution ang get back to you all.

> .

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

Outlook 2000/ ME Error message
When attempting to open any e-mail, I get a "Outlook has caused an error in MS09.DLL Outlook will now close" I can view the message in the preview pane, but not open it. I have downloaded and applied all patches/fixes on both the Windows Update and Office Update websites. I tried running detect and repair to no avail. Any ideas? ...

One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints
Populating a typed dataset from xml document: I created an xml schema (attached below), generated a typed dataset from it, and then programatically I tried to populate the typed dataset by calling its ReadXml method. I keep getting a constraint exception. I have validated that my xml matches the schema using xmlspy. I've included the schema, xml, code and exception information below. I can't figure out why I would get the exception if my xml validates against the schema, and the dataset was generated from the same schema. Exception--------------------------------------------...

Data Transfer
How do I transfer data from Palm Pilot to Outlook 2007? You can try Palm's Hot Sync Manager, but you would have to contact Palm to get support on how to set that up. "pverneh" wrote: > How do I transfer data from Palm Pilot to Outlook 2007? ...

Behavior durring Error.
Hello, I want use this function (or similiar): On Error GoTo myerrorpart myerrorpart: .. .. .. but I want set this in Auto_open() and using this in all macros which I will use Is it possible? Thanks Tom Tom, Help for On Error (put the cursor on it in a statement and press F1) says: Enables an error-handling routine and specifies the location of the routine within a procedure; can also be used to disable an error-handling routine. A procedure is a sub or function macro. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Runtime error starting Outlook
After upgrading from Microsoft Windows ME to xp Home edition I get a runtime error as follows: Runtime Error! Program: C:\progra~1\micros~1\Office\Outlook.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I have removed outlook and re-installed it and still get the same error. If anyone can help I would appreciate a response. ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Statistical tests and data type
I have data in log2 format. I just came across some article which says that logged data should be avoided for statistical tests like T-tests, F-tests or Mann-Whitney tests. I am doing these tests in excel so wondering if anybody who performs such tests regularly in excel can flash some light?? -- miaoj5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ miaoj5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27690 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472073 What was the context of that statement? If the d...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Corrupted PST
Is there any other option to repair a corrupted PST beyond the scanpst tool? To repair a damaged Personal Folders PST file http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm To repair a 2GB Personal Folders or Offline Folders file: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "John Smoothe" <techinfo@todacosta.com> wrote in message news:075d01c3a0f2$67b571a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... Is there any other option to repair a corrupted PST beyond the scanpst tool? ...

LAN data packets size
Hi there, Does anyone have any info on the size and impact MS CRM 3.0 will have on the LAN? Im requesting data packet size if anyone can assist please? Many thanks -- MilitaryMan Not seen any papers mention directly about packet size. I think performance testing is more about the actual response times of the system. Have a look at this link relating to a 2000 User environment (http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/attachment/551558.ashx). Also there is the MSCRM sStress test kit that might be of use to you.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1A25DB7C-5060-417C-86DB-63...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

This palette already contains maximum number of items
Several users are getting the message "This Palette already contains maximum number of items" when logging on. (Not every time that they log on) They are able to click on the "OK" button and log in to GP. Why would it keep displaying this message, and then allow them to log on with no additional messages ? (GP 7.5 SQL 2000) There was a maximum of 20 items that could be added to a palette (when they existed). This is only a warning and basically means there is navigation that is not going to be available to the user because items could not be added to a palette....

How to troubleshoot SharePoint recoveries in Data Protection Manag
There are some common issues we run into when troubleshooting SharePoint recoveries so we decided to post a video that covers how to diagnose common SharePoint DPM recoveries using the various logs that are available. The two areas of focus are insufficient space and incorrect templates related issues. The video covers using the MSDPMcurr.errlog, Traclogs, monitoring logs, and the event viewer for our troubleshooting. You can check it out here: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/02/03/troubleshooting-sharepoint-recoveries-for-dpm.aspx J.C. Hornbeck | Microsoft ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

Fields with data shown empty
Pivot table in Excel 2003. I have several pivot tables where data for a particular field in the database is shown as empty (i.e. not (blank) ) in the pivot report. When this occurs the remaining fields for this records remain populated and are accurately reported. A quick check to the source database shows that the data is still showing despite not showing in the pivot table. What is going wrong and how can it be fixed? have you checked the range of the pivot is picking the date uop. It could be picking the column up, but not all the rows? LossManiac wrote: >Pivot table in Excel...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

excel user data
Is there a file that holds user data such as page break locations that could be transferred to a new machine? AFAIK that would be part of each workbook. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jnewsome" <jmnewsome@gdph.state.ga.us> wrote in message news:d02d01c48aac$1051a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a file that holds user data such as page break > locations that could be transferred to a new machine? NOTE: page break settings are workbook-specific and would be stored with the workbook. For other global stored settings.......... Do a file search...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

to export calendar
if i wantto send my csalendar in an email by exporting it what exactly wouold i have to do? thanks peter ...