Automatic mail sign-in

Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in? I have it
set to hide the window when it is minimized, so that the mail icon appears in
the toolbar. But I don't like having to click on the windows mail icon on my
desktop. Also, if I accidently click 'x' out of the mail window, I gotta open
it again. basically, I wanna set it so that no matter what I'm doing, I can
recieve notification when I get an email without having to worry about
clicking on the icon.

I am using Windows XP.
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Automatic sign-in is the default. If you have disabled it:
Go to Tools, Options, Connection, click "Sign in".

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Myuzik Man" <MyuzikMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in? I =
have it=20
> set to hide the window when it is minimized, so that the mail icon =
appears in=20
> the toolbar. But I don't like having to click on the windows mail icon =
on my=20
> desktop. Also, if I accidently click 'x' out of the mail window, I =
gotta open=20
> it again. basically, I wanna set it so that no matter what I'm doing, =
I can=20
> recieve notification when I get an email without having to worry about =

> clicking on the icon.
>=20
> I am using Windows XP.
0
Gary
11/28/2009 8:29:40 PM
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:14:01 -0800, Myuzik Man wrote:

> Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in?

Sign in to what? WLMail can be configured to automatically sign in to the
Windows Live Services, but that is not the same thing as signing in to an
email account.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Is there a rule to delete a domain from mail server?
Greetings. Is there a rule format to delete all mail from specific junk mail domains in OL 2000 &/or OE 6? Instead of trying to nail all the names from junk domains, I would like to just delete anything from those domains themselves. Thanks for your help. Outlook does no support delete from server, OE might. For best results use a program such as mailwasher. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google....

Outlook 2007 sent mail now showing properly in other mail clients
Being a happy outlook 2003 user I just upgraded to outlook 2007. But I'm experiencing some strange problems which I was hoping someone could clarify... E.g. I send following mail to a Gmail account : Line1 Line2 Line3 When I view the mail via Gmail's web interface I get : Line1 Line2 Line3 As you can see extra lines are inserted after each hard return. Outlook 2003 does not have this problem. Everything looks fine when I view the sent mail from within O2007, but Gmail does not show it correctly anymore. Similarly, a O2007 sent mail containing a bulleted list viewed in Gmail ...

Exporting Contacts
Exporting the address infomration does not record which address is the mailing address... Any way arround this? BK ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Outlook 2003, POP3 mail
Hi Peop's Ref. Outlook 2003 POP3 I've recently started to get a random problem with mails sent as HTML such as newsletters, they display as follows, it does not happen all the time from a given source!. I have checked all PST's with the fix pst tool. e.g. HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_news.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_world.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_rec_logoclass.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct&pPageID=1115&so...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

alternative application to Windows Live Mail?
Hey folks, can someone recommend me a 'mail client' application that will work with my free hotmail live account in any of pop3 or imap protocol,.. besides Windows Live Mail?... I can't use this application because it's minimal requirements are twice the RAM and a faster processor than what I have on my old box... I've tried some 6-7 applications that should supposedly make Outlook Express access my hotmail free account but none have worked, so I hope someone has solved this little problem. Thing is, I could cancel that account and move on to another mail pro...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Spam (mail que delay)
Hi we are getting spam emails and we are using gfi, everything fine but the mails are in que (lot of spam email) how to reduce the delay? is there any block list ip's avilable? so we can block form our IDP. or is there anything we can do more? Thanks Gopi ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

I can not disable e-mail tracking in system settings
Hi guys, Now I am using the MSCRM Server 3.0, and I have the issue about disable e-mail tracking funcation. When I change the choosen from "Yes" to "No" for "Track e-mail" in settings ---> Organization Settings ---> system Settings ---> Email tracking, after I click "Ok", but that options is still keeping "Yes". How can I disable Tracking E-mail function or change the "track E-mail" from "Yes" to "No"? Waiting for your help Thanks a lot & best regards Martin Try adding the 'Publisher&#...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

New E-mails don't notify
Hello all, Some of the people in my office are experiencing this problem. New mail does not show up in their inbox until they click into a different folder, which seems to wake up Outlook into checking for messages. It seems that Outlook just isn't checking for messages until there is user intervention. The symptoms sound exactly like those discussed in 815052, however the pc's with this problem are not using Microsoft Firewall Client program, which is one of the causes of the issue in the article. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I am experiencing the sam...

send mail outlook2000
when i tray to click on the word "new" to send mail i get this massage outlook caused a stack fault in module kernel32.dll at 0197:bff724cl. why? ...