Automatic mail sign-in

  • Follow

Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in? I have it
set to hide the window when it is minimized, so that the mail icon appears in
the toolbar. But I don't like having to click on the windows mail icon on my
desktop. Also, if I accidently click 'x' out of the mail window, I gotta open
it again. basically, I wanna set it so that no matter what I'm doing, I can
recieve notification when I get an email without having to worry about
clicking on the icon.

I am using Windows XP.
0
Reply Utf 11/28/2009 7:14:01 AM

Automatic sign-in is the default. If you have disabled it:
Go to Tools, Options, Connection, click "Sign in".

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Myuzik Man" <MyuzikMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in? I =
have it=20
> set to hide the window when it is minimized, so that the mail icon =
appears in=20
> the toolbar. But I don't like having to click on the windows mail icon =
on my=20
> desktop. Also, if I accidently click 'x' out of the mail window, I =
gotta open=20
> it again. basically, I wanna set it so that no matter what I'm doing, =
I can=20
> recieve notification when I get an email without having to worry about =

> clicking on the icon.
>=20
> I am using Windows XP.
0
Reply Gary 11/28/2009 8:29:40 PM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:14:01 -0800, Myuzik Man wrote:

> Is there a way to set up the windows mail to automatically sign in?

Sign in to what? WLMail can be configured to automatically sign in to the
Windows Live Services, but that is not the same thing as signing in to an
email account.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come