?? deleted ?? folders in Live Mail

Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation won't
be so precise!

When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive
folders: everything OK.

This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed the
application.

Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)

Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???

windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

Hi, Cris.

Is your WLMail - on the View | Show or hide... menu - set to show All
Messages?  Or to Hide read messages?

(Sorry, I don't speak Italian, either, so I'll have to let you do the
translating.)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Cris@galla" <Cris@galla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation
> won't
> be so precise!
>
> When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive
> folders: everything OK.
>
> This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed the
> application.
>
> Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)
>
> Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???

(ARGH!!)  No translation needed for that! <eg>
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Cris.
>
> Is your WLMail - on the View | Show or hide... menu - set to show All
> Messages?  Or to Hide read messages?
>
> (Sorry, I don't speak Italian, either, so I'll have to let you do the
> translating.)
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Cris@galla" <Cris@galla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation
>> won't
>> be so precise!
>>
>> When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive
>> folders: everything OK.
>>
>> This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed
>> the
>> application.
>>
>> Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)
>>
>> Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???

0
Bruce
1/29/2010 4:14:56 PM
Do any folders in the folder list have a > in front of them?  If so
click on that to expand the folder list.

Also in View (ALT+V), Layout, Folder Pane make sure that Show Storage
Folders is checked.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Cris@galla" <Cris@galla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation
> won't
> be so precise!
>
> When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive
> folders: everything OK.
>
> This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed
> the
> application.
>
> Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)
>
> Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???

0
Michael
1/29/2010 9:29:58 PM
I checked: all settings are ok. In the personal folders I don't see any more
the subfolder for arriving mail.
I went to the

"C:\Documents and Settings\Cristiano\Impostazioni locali\Dati
applicazioni\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders"

At this point, using CMD, i make a tree list, and it looks like this:
<<
C:\Documents and Settings\Cristiano\Impostazioni locali\Dati
applicazioni\Micros
oft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders>tree /f
Elenco del percorso delle cartelle
Numero di serie del volume: 00720065-9468:4EEC
C:.
├───Cartella im 42b
├───Deleted Items
├───Drafts
├───Posta in arrivo
│   ├───0Mogliapicc 893
│   ├───CLIENTI
│   │   └───Comune di C 12c
│   ├───ENTI
│   ├───FORNITORI
│   │   ├───ENEL
│   │   └───Telecom Italia
│   │       └───0331-772880
│   ├───IMPRESE
│   ├───PROFESSIONISTI
│   ├───RIVISTE CAT 335
│   └───Z-PERSONALE
└───Sent Items
        09170148-00000007.eml
        1AD0120C-00000009.eml
        2EA92A57-00000008.eml
        38D32BBC-0000000A.eml
        390A4BFE-00000005.eml
        540B63F5-00000003.eml
        649D54FD-00000006.eml
        718005F0-00000001.eml
        744B36E3-00000002.eml
        7B872695-00000004.eml

and see that ony part of the folders i created in WLM is present.

Maybe probably something is wrong in the link between software and mail
database.

Do you know if it's possible to relink the mail DB or extract the mails from
it ??

Thanks,
Cris

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> Do any folders in the folder list have a > in front of them?  If so
> click on that to expand the folder list.
>
> Also in View (ALT+V), Layout, Folder Pane make sure that Show Storage
> Folders is checked.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Cris@galla" <Cris@galla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the translation
> > won't
> > be so precise!
> >
> > When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some archive
> > folders: everything OK.
> >
> > This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then closed
> > the
> > application.
> >
> > Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)
> >
> > Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???
> >

> .

I'm not clear on what you are finding.

Are you seeing folders in the operating system that you don't see via
the WLM interface?  Are you seeing EML files for messages that don't
appear in the WLM interface?

A few things to know:
- If you Move a folder in the WLM interface it does Not get moved in the
operating system
- If you Rename a folder in the WLM interface it does Not get renamed in
the operating system
- If you move or rename a WLM folder in the operating system, that will
screw up WLM.

WLM keeps a database that maps WLM folder names and hierarchy to
operating system folders and hierarchy.

If you find a folder in the operating system with EML files and no
corresponding folder in the WLM interface (taking into account any
folder moves or renames you might have done), then you can create a new
folder in the WLM interface and drag the EML files from the operating
system into the newly created folder in the WLM interface.

--

> [...]
>>
>> Also in View (ALT+V), Layout, Folder Pane make sure that Show Storage
>> Folders is checked.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>

>> "Cris@galla" <Cris@galla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry for my english, because i'm italian and probably the
>> > translation
>> > won't
>> > be so precise!
>> >
>> > When i installed about a month ago Live Mail, I created some
>> > archive
>> > folders: everything OK.
>> >
>> > This morning, I created another folder, moved a mail and then
>> > closed
>> > the
>> > application.
>> >
>> > Later, i reopened it, and all the folders are vanished !!! (ARGH!!)
>> >
>> > Can anyone pull me out of this deep trouble ???

0
Michael

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Junk Mail filter limit
Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? GOne Crazy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? What do you mean by this? Are you asking if there is a message size such that the junk filter will ignore messages that exceed it? Are you asking if there is a maximum size to the words or phrases the junk filter will examine? Are you asking if the filter itself can get too large? What? -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook folders #4
I recently upgraded to outlook 2002 from 2000. I had a non standard folder underneath the Outlook Today tree with all my saved emails. After the upgrade it was missing. Can anyone help me find the folder? did you create a new pst to use? if so, search your drive for the old one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "dave in trouble" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Sent mail issue.
I have had several Emails bouncce back to me that I have not sent. The last one stated that a file (which I could not locate on my computer) was infected with the W32.Netsky.D@mm virus. I could not find the virud either. I have checked my "sent" items list. And there is no record of any of these Emails being sent. Does anybody know what this could be? It is someone who has your address that is infected. Trying to pin it down is next to impossible since these viruses spoof the sender/header/and domain. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Bad e-mail address
Outlook express keeps trying to send an e-mail with an erroneous address. Everytime I send/recieve I get the following message. How do I make it stop? "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'polson@vermontmachinetool.com'. Subject 'Sales Order #100213 Timken Cairo Wheelspindles', Account: 'www.bryantgrinder.com', Server: 'smtp.vermontel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <polson@vermontmachinetool.com>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure...

Missing Inbox, Folders & Address Book
I recently had to have a new hard drive installed. all of my old data was placed on the new hard drive in a folder called OldData. When I bought the PC, it came with Microsoft Office XP preinstalled. But I was not able to find the disks, so I aquired and installed microsoft Office XP 2003. I have two problems: 1) I don't know where to look to find my old inbox, folders, Address Book and anything else associated with my old Outlook environment. I also need to find my wife's data as well. She uses a separate identity. 2) Once I know where it is, I need to find out where to put it in o...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

sharing of folders

Have set up IMAP on my server
I have converted my email server to IMAP. Set up my iPhone with IMAP (was POP) and all the system folders - Inbox, Sent, Trash and Draft were immediately synced. When I set up the account in Entourage, only the Inbox and Sent (as a subfolder to the Inbox) came in. When I go to choose them in the option settings, it can only "see" the Inbox with the Sent subfolder - not the other subfolders. Do we have any solutions please - it has to be an Entourage issue as the iPhone did not have a problem with a clean sync. Thank you for any help. Julian ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Outlook 2002 Advanced Find
When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2002 to locate mail I've archived in a personal folder, I would like to be able to see the folder hierarchy where the mail item was found. Currently, I can only see the lowest level folder, using the "In Folder" column. Is there a way to get this information? ...