Flash Player for Windows 98

  • Follow

I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
available in newsgroups)
0
Reply Utf 6/15/2010 11:48:52 PM

On Jun 15, 4:48=A0pm, Dan <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Ad=
obe
> has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users. =A0I do
> appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy use=
rs.

> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
>
> (Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
> available in newsgroups)

some one recommended using SoThink.  I use SoThink 2.3 and have
excellent results: full screen and slider control

If fast enough, youtube doesn't even notice you're 'out of date'
0
Reply Robert 6/16/2010 12:23:34 AM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:48:52 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
>has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
>appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.
>
>http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
>
>(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
>available in newsgroups)

Thank you for this.

I had been muddling through, using the BBC iPlayer to listen to
Radio 7 and Radio 4 online, by switching back and forth between
the "normal" and "lower bandwidth" versions.  Until today, this
had always tricked it into using my old Flash player even though
it often /says/ I have to use a later version.  Ridiculous!

But today, I actually couldn't listen to "I'm Sorry I Haven't A
Clue" until I looked to this newsgroup in desperation and found
this article.

The new version works a treat.  Thanks again!

--
Angus Rodgers
0

"Angus Rodgers" wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:48:52 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
> >has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
> >appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.
> >
> >http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
> >
> >(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
> >available in newsgroups)
>
> Thank you for this.
>
> I had been muddling through, using the BBC iPlayer to listen to
> Radio 7 and Radio 4 online, by switching back and forth between
> the "normal" and "lower bandwidth" versions.  Until today, this
> had always tricked it into using my old Flash player even though
> it often /says/ I have to use a later version.  Ridiculous!
>
> But today, I actually couldn't listen to "I'm Sorry I Haven't A
> Clue" until I looked to this newsgroup in desperation and found
> this article.
>
> The new version works a treat.  Thanks again!
>
> --
> Angus Rodgers
> .

Your welcome.  I am glad I could help.