webbrowser control: auto scroll + total webpage size

1. trying to scroll automatically a given webpage in a
    webbrowser control (MFC - VStudio 2005).

when using

	HRESULT IHTMLElement2::put_scrollLeft(long v);
	HRESULT IHTMLElement2::put_scrollTop(long v);

it works perfectly for e.g. Google,
but not for e.g.   http://www.onvista.com
found the tip for using the ParentElement, but does not
work either.

Any hints?

2. is there an easy (means: overseen by me) way of calculating the total
    size in
    pixel of a webpage in the webbrowser control. Purpose
    is to capture the complete HTML as an image.

    Something like "ScrollRectangle" in .NET ?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

More control over taxation
I would like to be able to exempt items for different levels of taxation while still using "tax by customer." Rather than taxable or non-taxable, I need to be able to exempt from federal and state separately. Thanks, dan@endurosport.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

ActiveX Controls Newbie
Hi.. I just used MFC ActiveX ControlWizard to create a simple control to use in ASP (JScript) page. When I try to access a property in the control I get "Catastrophic failure".. Is there something important to consider when developing ASP ActiveX controls? Regards, hi, With the information you have provided it is difficult to get the problem. Can you provide more info ? Few things to check up - - the ax is registered - the onpaint is being handled properly hth gangadhar Abed wrote: > Hi.. > > I just used MFC ActiveX ControlWizard to create a simple >...

auto response on e-mail
If I send a message to someone who is out of the office I often get an automatic e-mail reply that says "Out of Office Auto Reply" follwed by a short message of explanation. I cannot find out how to set this for myself and use while I am out of the office. I have tried the Help menu without success and even going on to the Microsoft website and typing in the words does not turn anything up. Help..............! Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] just answered this for another person... Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it...

DPM 2010 & Domain Controllers
Hi All, We're currently evaluating DPM 2010 in order to backup our branch office servers, these are Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Domain Controllers acting as File/Print servers. Are there any known issues/limitations with installing the DPM 2010 Agent on Windows 2003 Domain Controllers? Many thanks, CJ No these versions are supported, please go ahead to protect them. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF77DFC-1B3E-47B3-A51C...

Drop Down List & Auto Fill
I have a workbook with two sheets pertaining to this issue. I have one sheet (A) with a keycode, description, unit of sale , and cost. This sheet has multiple listings of products EX. item code Description Unit of Sale Cost 1/4ply 1/4" BC Plywood Sheet $12.50 Sheet (B) A blank version of sheet A with multiple blank fields for filling in various items and quantities from Sheet A. Item Code Material Sale Unit Estim. Unit Cost Quantity of Units (cont'd) Estimated Cost I want it to where the all the item codes on sheet (A) appear on a drop down menu in a column on Sheet (B). Al...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

SCroll bar on a static control #2
hi friends ,i m drawing image when i m calling this function ...now i have to need a srollbar on where i m drawing the image in a static text control (m_ImageRect).. some one can plz help me i will appriceate ................ void CThumbnailDlg::DrawSelectedImage() { CDib dib; CFile ImgFile; CString strPath; RECT DesRect, SrcRect; strPath=pArray->GetAt(m_nSelectedItem); // read the image file ImgFile.Open(strPath, CFile::modeRead); dib.Read(ImgFile); ImgFile.Close(); SrcRect.left = 0; SrcRect.top = 0; SrcRect.right = dib.m_pBMI->bmiHeader.biWidth;...

Detecting RSS feeds with WebBrowser control.
I was experimenting with the WebBrowser control for detecting when a page has RSS links. Kind of a pain to do that by hand. IE has built-in functionality for that (Alt-J or the Feed Detector icon). Does anyone know if there are relevant higher level functions accessible from the WebBrowser control? "feed discovery" is not present in any class in the framework I am aware of. "rob" <rob@_no_spam_.com> wrote in message news:9r0qr5haabkg3fg5jkni711s9s984kqisq@4ax.com... >I was experimenting with the WebBrowser control for detecting when a > page ha...

ImageList Control
Using 2003, XP Pro. Trying to add images using Microsoft ImageList Control 6.0 According to information I have, you use the .Add method to add an image to the list. The Add method is not available for this control. It does not show up in intellisense and when I code it and run it, it thows the error that the method is not supported for this object. So, how do I add images to an imagelist? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP Hi Dave, It took a while, but I finally got there (XP Pro, Access 2002 - I expect it should work in A2003) ... Dim imlx As Object 'declaring ListImage ...

Right edge of legal size publication cuts off
Does anyone know why (and how to fix)a legal sized publication that looks perfect on the screen and in print preview is losing about 1 inch of text on the right side? Thank you Use the ZOOM button in Print Preview to make it fit on the screen. That is why the Zoom button is there. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Roseann <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Does anyone know why (and how to...

Size of outgoing email in 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7BBC1.00936390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I am sending a new email in Outlook 2007, how do I know the size of = the email? I do not see it and can I do such? --=20 Moe Jones HVAC Service Technician Energy Equalizers Inc. Houston, Texas=20 www.EnergyEqualizers.com ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7BBC1.00936390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-...

Show tabs with data in Tab Control
I have a form with a tab control and several tabs. On each tab I am using a subform. Users will not always have data in the subforms of each tab. My question is can I somehow show them which tabs have data, so that they are not forced to click through all tabs to find where their data is? I have tried using the OnChange event of the tab control to check for data and then add an asterisk to the caption of the tab if there is data. But that causes some nasty flicker when switching from tab to tab. I would like to know if anyone has come up with a more elegent way of showing customizing t...

Organizing WebSite with Large number of User controls(ASCX)
Hi All, We have a web site with large number(more than 1000) of web controls (ASCX). They are basically acting as the pages and calling from one container page. These web conrols are inherited from a common class declared in app_code folder. It also uses some other functionality provided through classes in app_code folder. We would like to reorganize these user controls to a sperate assembly so that the initial compilation time can be reduced. Please provide some pointers for doing the same. What all the precautions I need to take for doing it. Thanks, partysingh <gma...

How do I calculate total weekly hours for payroll in Excel?
I'm having a heck of a time with this...I tried using some of the other suggestions posted but nothing is working for me. For each employee I have a start time and an end time (ex: start 8:00 am - end 2:30 pm). I need to calculate the total hours worked for each employee weekly. I know there must be a simple formula out there somewhere, please help me! Hi, Laura. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/adding_or_summing_time_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "laura6201" <laura6201@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Count Customers by Account Size
I have a listing of thousands of customers and need to count how many fall into specific groups based on the size of the account (how much we sold to them). Example of desired result: <$100K - 50 customers >$100K - 80 customers >$200K - 100 customers >$300K - 90 customers >$400K - 60 customers How would you approach? Suppose in your list the sales figures are in column B I will assume column Z is empty In Z1:Z11 enter 0,100000,200000,....1000000 Select AA1:AA12 (one extra cell); Type =FREQUENCY(B1:B2000,Z1:Z11) and commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER since th...

MSChart control
suppose i created an application with a mschart control, done all the job of drawing and all that, is it possiable in any way to translate the info of the mschart cotnrol to a spreadshit info that excel could import? I succeed in converting the onto from my listctrl to a file excel could read but what can i do with the chart? I thought about not using the mschart control and create my own charting code using the knowen methods in mfc for drawing lines and etc. but again how can i convert to information to an excel shape? ...

Auto Accept Registration Status
I installed Auto Accept, but when I went to verify I get a RegistrationStatus of 2. I ran debug and noticed: <!--Checking registration for confroom@company.com--> <!--url = http://EXCHANGE/exchange/confroom/--> <!--403 Forbidden--> <!--DAVGet returned empty url for inbox--> We only allow access via HTTPS - is there a way to get Auto Accept to perform its check with HTTPS? ...

Waiting for domain controller while on foreign nets
Hi, Scenario: Win2008 domain controllers and XP and win7pro clients. The clients are used in three different network environments, at their own office, at foreign domain network locations and at home. They are only connected to our domain when being in their office. We want these client computers ONLY to search / wait for response from their default domain controller when connected to our office network. A simple check of its leased IP address should tell windows if it currently is connected to the office network and therefore should try to connect to the DC. How can...

Scroll Bar has Gone away Post 2

Adding controls in the Email Form
Hi, I am having some requirement in MS office outlook. I want to add the Radio button in the incoming message form. The mails which are received from the particular mail box should have this control and If users clicks the added radio button the auto reply should be sent to the sender with the body as "Approved". Please help us to get the solution in this requirement. Thanks in Advance, Manikandan R. See the answers to your programming group post. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and...

Webbrowser control:
H I am using CWebBrowser2 control in my VC++ application. I want the contents to be displayed as a fullscreen in the next monitor. Here is the sourc m_pHTMLCtrl=new CWebBrowser2 m_pHTMLCtrl->Create(NULL,ULL,NULL,WS_VISIBLE,the_rect,this,NULL) m_pHTMLCtrl->Navigate(m_strUrl, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) Now I can see the content in the specified rect. But if I use GetDesktopWindow() instead of this, I am not able to view anything. How can display the contents as fullscreen in secondary monitor? I had tried with SetFullScreen(), no use. Regard John Create a dialog which host the webbrows...

webbrowser
Hello: When I insert a webbrowser contronl in vc++ 6.0, the control that generated is ie 4.0 , how can I use the ie6.0 webbrowser contronl in vc++6.0? Thanks It all depends upon which version of IE is installed. This is not a VC6.0 issue. --- Ajay ...

excel 2002
Hi folks, Have a bit of a problem. My company has a daily report using excel where we copy/paste info from an external source into it. when we were using 97, the growth of the file was fine(would go from a 1meg file to a 1.5meg file most times), but now that we're using the 2002 version, the files sizes are getting pretty silly(again from a 1meg file up to a 3-3.5 meg file.) After some testing, it is because of the four worksheets we paste into. We paste into it, run a macro to move that info into the places we want it, then clear the page....yet those pages are retaining the inf...

Creating a control from CFileDialog
How can I obtain a new control from CFileDialog? I need a control identical to CFileDialog except for 'Open' and 'Cancel' buttons, that must not be present. any idea? thanks Mastupristi wrote: > How can I obtain a new control from CFileDialog? > I need a control identical to CFileDialog except for 'Open' and 'Cancel' > buttons, that must not be present. > any idea? > > thanks Derive from CFileDialog and override this virtual function: BOOL CMyOpenFileDialog::OnInitDialog() { CFileDialog::OnInitDialog(); CWnd* pCommonDialog = GetParent...

Easy access to the control specified in a validator's ControlToValidate property
I have a custom validator that inherits from BaseValidator, and I need to be able to access the control specified by the ControlToValidate property. The only way I have been able to find to do this is to recursively use the FindControl method, which can sometimes be inefficient depending on where the control is located. I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to access the ControlToValidate control in a custom validator, so does anybody know of a more efficient way? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ ...