Multi-line list control

Dear all,

Does anybody know how to make a multi-line list control like in Outlook?
A sample code using MFC would be very nice.

Thank you very much in advance.
-Kien Bui

0
Kien
9/9/2004 8:00:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What part of Outlook are you referring to? Outlook is many things, and in the email part
I've never seen a multi-line list control.
					joe

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:00:01 +0700, "Kien Bui" <bhkien at nospam.synerwork.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Does anybody know how to make a multi-line list control like in Outlook?
>A sample code using MFC would be very nice.
>
>Thank you very much in advance.
>-Kien Bui

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)
9/9/2004 3:42:43 PM
The latest version of XTreme Toolkit includes something like this:
www.codejock.com.

I think this one might be interesting to you as well:

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1001/

Tom

"Kien Bui" <bhkien at nospam.synerwork.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Does anybody know how to make a multi-line list control like in Outlook?
> A sample code using MFC would be very nice.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
> -Kien Bui

0
tserface (3865)
9/9/2004 6:40:19 PM
Thank you all,

That 's what I want.
Actually, I want to use a multi-line list control in my Pocket PC
application.

Do you have any suggestion to port this one to Pocket PC?

Best regards,
-Kien Bui

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> The latest version of XTreme Toolkit includes something like this:
> www.codejock.com.
>
> I think this one might be interesting to you as well:
>
> http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1001/
>
> Tom
>
> "Kien Bui" <bhkien at nospam.synerwork.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to make a multi-line list control like in Outlook?
> > A sample code using MFC would be very nice.
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance.
> > -Kien Bui

0
Kien

Grid Control 03-02-04
hi have anybody played with making a csutom page with a CRM style grid control. How to get that working.... A Step to start will be much appreciated Thanks We found we could create our own grid data page, and it plugged in nicely to the existing grid container control. Mike greaterthantwo media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "Apple" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23FQtMKCAEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > have anybody played with making a csutom page with ...

How to draw a selection line?
I want to draw selection lines with 1 pixel width dotted line style. normally it works ok, but the it looks not very good when I zoom the image to a bigger magnification. What I want is like the effect in many popular image processing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop. for example, I make a ellipic selection and draw a dotted line ellipse it looks ok. but when zooming in it still the same as normal ,but in photoshop it became aliasing lines which seems to be composed by several small blocks. Does any have any idea on this question?? any help would be appreciated. ...

Conditional Format in a List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C74169.DCD86850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am creating a Template and need a little help with automatic row = shading.I have the data entry area set up as a list with a total row and = have set up the following conditional format to shade every other row = =3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=3D0This conditional format is only = applied to the data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row. = When I go to the blue asterisk and enter 2 new re...

smoothing lines
In the scatter plot option, lines can be smoothed. what is the formula used for the smoothing, what is the smoothing technique called, and is there any documentation of the calculations used in Excel for smoothing the lines? thanks. AFAIK, the method is unpublished. I've seen various assertions that the method uses cubic splines, though with some tweaks. There are dozens of threads on this in the archive: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* Use "smooth chart" (no quotes) as a search term. Look for posts by David Braden, Jerry W. Lewis and Jon Pel...

Lines and columns in charts
I am trying to create a 'Line - Column on 2 axes' chart with the market share of 5 companies on one Y axis and the total market volume on the other (X axis is months). I want the market shares to be lines, and the market volume to be columns. I can set which axis each series relates to, but I can't change those series to lines if they are columns, and vice versa. Any ideas? You can select a series, then select a chart type from the Chart Type dropdown on the Chart toolbar. Or, create your own combination chart -- Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://www.pel...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

multiple images in list control
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

Can exch2003 distribution list be automatically expanded?
Hi there, For exch2003 & outlook2003, after user compose an email with selecting a dist list from address book, then click send button, how can I configure the system to automatically expand the dist list to a list of users? Well, this could be a strange question, but I really want to do that. Many thanks! This is an Outlook setting. I'd recommend against doing this. If you insist on it, when you add the DL to the To: line, you should notice a little + sign next to the DL. If you click on the + sign, Outlook will warn you that it will replace the DL with a list of members. ...

divider line color in footer template
This is really frustrating. How do I change the default line color in the header and footer templates. The default in my Word 2007 is green. I cannot find any way to change this. Without knowing which build block you've used, I can suggest some things. 1. Change the theme. 2. Home tab - Paragraph group - Borders -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gbernier" <gbernier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29654104-7A03-482F-9FD0-91265FA72656@microsoft.com... > Th...

pull down list appeared
I was typing a word into an Excel 2002 spreadsheet which was part of a table. Not sure what I pressed, but a pull down menu appeared under the cell of all the options I had previously typed in other cells in the same column. This is a bit like when you are typing a name in the 'To' field of Outlook 2002 and a list appears of names you have previously entered. What exactly did I press to get this?! FJD Tools>Options>Edit. "Enable autocomplete for cell values" If you have a contiguous list in the column above your entry point you will get autocomplete. If you righ...

LDAP address list
I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global address, what appeared was every user that had been set up in the domain. I checked to verify that the ”hide from address list” was check on those address that I knew should not be on the list and the box was checked. Some of these names are of accounts that have been disabled. How can I control who and what shows up in the LDAP address list? What type of client? James Chong VIDRO wrote: > I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global > address, what appeared was every user that had been...

Control Source in Form Doesn't Display Query
Hi- I just recently moved an expression that I had in only a Form to a Query. The Expression runs great and I renamed the Expression to "Retiree Age:..." On my Form- I go to change my Control Source to "Retiree Age" and the age no longer comes up? I don't know why it won't but any input would be greatly appreciated. I can't leave it in the form b/c I need to generate a number of reports based on certain ages. I really appreciate this: -Anthony Morano Pension Fund Intern <antmorano@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180110430.088206.176650@q75g2000h...

Compare my list to an existing list
I have a list of names approximately 250 rows long in column A. For the most part, they are in the format of [last_name, first_name + middle_initial]... all in one cell. I can modify that, if necessary. Perhaps with a text to columns function. I downloaded a database from the tax department containing rows of data of parcel owners. The owners names are contained in the following fashion: their last names are in column A, their first and middle initials are contained in column B. As I mentioned above, I can get my sheet set up like the first one, or the database set up like my ...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Keep lines when one column equals certain criteria
Thanks for taking a look at this one. I have a worksheet with invoice amounts, payments, voids and adjustments each on a separate line. Each line has an invoice reference in Col F. If Column K has "Adj" in it I would like for it to keep all the corresponding lines for that invoice. Col F Col K 12344 12345 12345 12345 Adj 123456 123456 Adj 123457 123457 I would want it to keep all the lines for inv. 12345 and all the lines for 123456 Thanks Think it would have been better/far easier for responders to gr...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

A list of the 8 highest results...
I have a stylesheet that contains "knowledges". The list looks something like: Knowledges: Accounting 14 Anthropology 25 Archeology 48 Art 35 Astronomy 59 Biology 124 Chemistry 123 Geology 15 History 28 Law 167 Medicine 69 Natural History 89 Pharmacy 198 Physics 20 Note the value next to each "knowledge". This number is a calculated formula that results in a number between 1-200. Now, if it's possible, I would like Excel to produce a separate list of the eight knowledges with the highest values right next to it. Pharmacy Biology Chemistry etc... Any way this can b...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Changing the font of a static control
Hi Group, I am using Visual C++ 6.0 to create a dialog-based application. I need to change the font of a static control to make it bold. Can you please tell me how? I'm trying to do it using OnCtlColor() but the problem is I don't know when should I select the new font out and then delete it, as mentioned in the MSDN for CFont::CreateFontIndirect(). Am I using the correct message handler OnCtlColor()? and if yes, how can I call the newFont.DeleteObject(). HBRUSH CMyDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlCol...

External distribution list
Hi All Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having to create an individual user account under AD. I don’t see this as the best option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file. Thanks in advance. Regards Paul Hi Paul, Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a contact in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant distribution group/s. Here is the MS KB article on the subject: http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

connect line to data points with missing data in between
Hi All: I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero. Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data points. How do I connect the line with missing data points in between? Thanks!! NEVERMIND! figured it out... "ziak" wrote: > Hi All: > > I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many > months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero. > Keepin...

NT Backup Command Line
Does anyone have an example of their NT Backup Command line of the /IS and /DS. Microsofts examples are not very clear and I don't want to fail the backup. Fred One thing you might find easier - if you use NTBackup to create a .bks file that specifies the sources you wish, you can use a batch file that refers to that .bks file - plus any other switches you might like, such as ones to overwrite any tape in the drive, eject the tape after use, etc.... Fred wrote: > Does anyone have an example of their NT Backup Command line of the > /IS and /DS. Microsofts examples are not very...

Merge two lists for side by side comparison #2
I've attached a .jpg to the original message. I basically want to merg my two lists based upon a unique identifier but want to maintain th original coluumns of data associated with each idenitfier. I'v entered as text below but I think it gets garbled when submitted t forum. List A identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 3.99 3 5 4.5 4 10 4.5 5 10 5 List B Identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 4.5 3 5 4.5 6 5 3.99 8 5 3.99 Combined...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...