Clear the message queue

Hi,
I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam with
VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell the
CEncThread to encode:
if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
      memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
      g_nFrameLength = size;
      g_bFrameCopied = true;

      ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
The CEncThread will copy the video frame from global memory into local
memory and encode it with jpeg2000 codec:
   if (g_bFrameCopied == true) {
      memcpy(s_szFrame, g_szFrame, g_nFrameLength);
      g_bFrameCopied = false;
   }
  m_Encode.CreateFromArray((unsigned char *)g_szFrame, FRAME_WIDTH,
FRAME_HEIGHT, 8, FRAME_WIDTH, false);
   m_Encode.SetJpegQuality(10);
   m_Encode.Encode(buffer,len,CXIMAGE_FORMAT_JP2);
After closing the program, I get an error at this statement:
::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
I think that there maybe a few messages that invoke video callback function
in message queue after stopping the capturing process and disable the
callback function. So, It still calls PostThreadMessage to tell CEncThread to
work after CEncThread is closed. I want to know how to clear the message
queue???
0
mmlabjs (29)
3/19/2007 2:10:38 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My solution is:
When I close the CEncThread thread, I set a flag:
   g_bExit = true;

   if (m_pVidCap != NULL) {
      m_pVidCap->StopCapture();	 // Stop the processing
      m_pVidCap->Destroy();         // Disable the callback function and
disconnect the driver
      delete m_pVidCap;
   }

   if (m_pEncThread)
   {
      if (::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_TERM_THREAD, 0,
0) == 0)
         TRACE(_TEXT("Thread 0x%02x possibly already terminated\n"),
m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID);
      m_pEncThread = 0;
   }
I insert the following code into callback function:
if (g_bExit)
      return;

"mmlab_js" wrote:

> Hi,
> I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam with
> VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
> OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
> copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell the
> CEncThread to encode:
> if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
>       memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
>       g_nFrameLength = size;
>       g_bFrameCopied = true;
>
>       ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
> The CEncThread will copy the video frame from global memory into local
> memory and encode it with jpeg2000 codec:
>    if (g_bFrameCopied == true) {
>       memcpy(s_szFrame, g_szFrame, g_nFrameLength);
>       g_bFrameCopied = false;
>    }
>   m_Encode.CreateFromArray((unsigned char *)g_szFrame, FRAME_WIDTH,
> FRAME_HEIGHT, 8, FRAME_WIDTH, false);
>    m_Encode.SetJpegQuality(10);
>    m_Encode.Encode(buffer,len,CXIMAGE_FORMAT_JP2);
> After closing the program, I get an error at this statement:
> ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
> I think that there maybe a few messages that invoke video callback function
> in message queue after stopping the capturing process and disable the
> callback function. So, It still calls PostThreadMessage to tell CEncThread to
> work after CEncThread is closed. I want to know how to clear the message
> queue???
0
mmlabjs (29)
3/19/2007 2:18:05 PM
By the way ... if your application is exiting ... you should end the
secondary thread gracefully ...... let it process the messages in message
queue ... post your own custom exit message in the queue ....

"mmlab_js" <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam
> with
> VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
> OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
> copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell
> the
> CEncThread to encode:
> if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
>      memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
>      g_nFrameLength = size;
>      g_bFrameCopied = true;
>
>      ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0,
> 0);
> The CEncThread will copy the video frame from global memory into local
> memory and encode it with jpeg2000 codec:
>   if (g_bFrameCopied == true) {
>      memcpy(s_szFrame, g_szFrame, g_nFrameLength);
>      g_bFrameCopied = false;
>   }
>  m_Encode.CreateFromArray((unsigned char *)g_szFrame, FRAME_WIDTH,
> FRAME_HEIGHT, 8, FRAME_WIDTH, false);
>   m_Encode.SetJpegQuality(10);
>   m_Encode.Encode(buffer,len,CXIMAGE_FORMAT_JP2);
> After closing the program, I get an error at this statement:
> ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
> I think that there maybe a few messages that invoke video callback
> function
> in message queue after stopping the capturing process and disable the
> callback function. So, It still calls PostThreadMessage to tell CEncThread
> work after CEncThread is closed. I want to know how to clear the message
> queue???

0
mubi (160)
3/19/2007 2:30:16 PM
See below
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:10:38 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam with
>VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
>OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
>copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell the
>CEncThread to encode:
>if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
>      memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
>      g_nFrameLength = size;
>      g_bFrameCopied = true;
****
THis suggests you are using global variables to communicate with the thread.  This should
be considered a Really Bad Idea.  Since you have to copy anyway, why not copy to heap
memory, pass a pointer to this in via the WPARAM or LPARAM, and avoid the copy at the
target?
****

>      ::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
>The CEncThread will copy the video frame from global memory into local
>memory and encode it with jpeg2000 codec:
>   if (g_bFrameCopied == true) {
>      memcpy(s_szFrame, g_szFrame, g_nFrameLength);
>      g_bFrameCopied = false;
>   }
>  m_Encode.CreateFromArray((unsigned char *)g_szFrame, FRAME_WIDTH,
>FRAME_HEIGHT, 8, FRAME_WIDTH, false);
>   m_Encode.SetJpegQuality(10);
>   m_Encode.Encode(buffer,len,CXIMAGE_FORMAT_JP2);
>After closing the program, I get an error at this statement:
>::PostThreadMessage(m_pEncThread->m_nThreadID, WM_ENCODE_FRAME, 0, 0);
*****
THis seems a clumsy way to implement
	m_pEncThread->PostThreadMessage(WM_ENCODE);
why are you going for the raw API?
*****
>I think that there maybe a few messages that invoke video callback function
>in message queue after stopping the capturing process and disable the
>callback function. So, It still calls PostThreadMessage to tell CEncThread to
>work after CEncThread is closed. I want to know how to clear the message
>queue???
****
You did not get "an error".  You got a VERY SPECIFIC ERROR, such as an access fault,
assertion failure, etc.  In addition, you were told the line on which this occurred, and
you could use the debugger to determine the values of the variables involved.  Lacking all
this critical information, all we can say is that you have done something wrong and should
fix it.

Note that it is your responsibility to terminate the thread cleanly, and your
responsibility to see that the thread does not attempt to send messages to nonexist
windows and that you do not attempt to post messages to nonexistent threads.  This is just
a guess based on typical examples of such problems.
*****
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)
3/19/2007 5:16:16 PM
"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> See below
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:10:38 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> ****
> THis suggests you are using global variables to communicate with the thread.  This should
> be considered a Really Bad Idea.  Since you have to copy anyway, why not copy to heap
> memory, pass a pointer to this in via the WPARAM or LPARAM, and avoid the copy at the
> target?
> ****
That 's a good idea. Thank you.
So, I dynamically allocate a heap memory, copy the frame to heap, and pass
the pointer to encoding thread wia the WPARAM or LPARAM.
Encoding thread gets the pointer, encodes the frame pointered by pointer,
and finally release the heap memory. Right???
> *****
> THis seems a clumsy way to implement
> 	m_pEncThread->PostThreadMessage(WM_ENCODE);
> why are you going for the raw API?
> *****
Sorry, I don't know what's meaning of "the raw API".
Could you explain more?
> ****
> You did not get "an error".  You got a VERY SPECIFIC ERROR, such as an access fault,
> assertion failure, etc.  In addition, you were told the line on which this occurred, and
> you could use the debugger to determine the values of the variables involved.  Lacking all
> this critical information, all we can say is that you have done something wrong and should
> fix it.

0
mmlabjs (29)
3/20/2007 2:35:13 AM

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> See below
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:10:38 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam with
> >VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
> >OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
> >copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell the
> >CEncThread to encode:
> >========================================
> >if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
> >      memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
> >      g_nFrameLength = size;
> >      g_bFrameCopied = true;
> ****
> THis suggests you are using global variables to communicate with the thread.  This should
> be considered a Really Bad Idea.  Since you have to copy anyway, why not copy to heap
> memory, pass a pointer to this in via the WPARAM or LPARAM, and avoid the copy at the
> target?
> ****
I capture frame from webcam and encode it with JPEG2000, repeatedly.
Callback function copies the frame into global memory and notifies the
CEncThread to process it. In order to reduce the time that CEncThread lock
the global memory, I copy the global memory into its local memory, and unlock
the global memory. CEncThread can process it, at the same time, callback
function can also copies the frame into global memory and again post the
thread message in CEncThread's message queue. Because the speed of encoding a
frame is slow than the callback function notifies the CEncThread, I think
there maybe a few WM_ENCODE_FRAME messages in CEncThread's message queue.
0
mmlabjs (29)
3/20/2007 3:36:05 AM
See below...
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:35:13 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> See below
>> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:10:38 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> ****
>> THis suggests you are using global variables to communicate with the thread.  This should
>> be considered a Really Bad Idea.  Since you have to copy anyway, why not copy to heap
>> memory, pass a pointer to this in via the WPARAM or LPARAM, and avoid the copy at the
>> target?
>> ****
>That 's a good idea. Thank you.
>So, I dynamically allocate a heap memory, copy the frame to heap, and pass
>the pointer to encoding thread wia the WPARAM or LPARAM.
>Encoding thread gets the pointer, encodes the frame pointered by pointer,
>and finally release the heap memory. Right???
****
Right.  See my essay on worker threads on my MVP Tips site.
****
>> *****
>> THis seems a clumsy way to implement
>> 	m_pEncThread->PostThreadMessage(WM_ENCODE);
>> why are you going for the raw API?
>> *****
>Sorry, I don't know what's meaning of "the raw API".
>Could you explain more?
****
You can use MFC methods for many window operations.  MFC is a library built on top of the
WIndows API.  For those things which MFC defines, there is very little reason to use the
Windows API methods;  So there is a PostThreadMessage of the CWinThread class which
already does what you want, but instead of using the method, you call the raw API
function, and consequently have to provide all the parameters which the method call
automatically provides for you.
*****
>> ****
>> You did not get "an error".  You got a VERY SPECIFIC ERROR, such as an access fault,
>> assertion failure, etc.  In addition, you were told the line on which this occurred, and
>> you could use the debugger to determine the values of the variables involved.  Lacking all
>> this critical information, all we can say is that you have done something wrong and should
>> fix it.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)
3/21/2007 1:35:58 AM
See below...
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:36:05 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> See below
>> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:10:38 -0700, mmlab_js <mmlabjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >I create a dialog-based application. I capture video frame from webcam with
>> >VFW and create a UI thread, CEncThread, to encode the frame. The
>> >OnCaptureVideo is invoked when the video frame is captured by the driver,
>> >copy the frame data into global frame memory, and send a message to tell the
>> >CEncThread to encode:
>> >========================================
>> >if (g_bFrameCopied == false) {
>> >      memcpy(g_szFrame, captureframe, size);
>> >      g_nFrameLength = size;
>> >      g_bFrameCopied = true;
>> ****
>> THis suggests you are using global variables to communicate with the thread.  This should
>> be considered a Really Bad Idea.  Since you have to copy anyway, why not copy to heap
>> memory, pass a pointer to this in via the WPARAM or LPARAM, and avoid the copy at the
>> target?
>> ****
>I capture frame from webcam and encode it with JPEG2000, repeatedly.
>Callback function copies the frame into global memory and notifies the
>CEncThread to process it. In order to reduce the time that CEncThread lock
>the global memory, I copy the global memory into its local memory, and unlock
>the global memory. CEncThread can process it, at the same time, callback
>function can also copies the frame into global memory and again post the
>thread message in CEncThread's message queue. Because the speed of encoding a
>frame is slow than the callback function notifies the CEncThread, I think
>there maybe a few WM_ENCODE_FRAME messages in CEncThread's message queue.
****
Which is why it doesn't make any sense to use global memory or locks at all.  If you
allocate a block, you fill it, hand it off to the thread, allocate a new block and fill
it, and no locks at all are necessary!  Lock-free algorithms tend to be better mechanism
than using locks (yes, there's an implicit lock on the allocator, but it is a very quick
lock)
					joe

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)

Help: Messages Disappear from Inbox Current View is set to Message
Hi: We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP Pro SP1. Messages are disappearing from my inbox. I checked google and MS knowledge base. The current view for my inbox is set to message and not unread messages. The only other twist is that I have two accounts one is a pop3 and the other is imap. These accounts have two separate inboxes in their own folders. Any suggestions, TIA, Mariela I would double check your rules to make sure people are not being added to your junk senders list by accident. Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi: > >We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP ...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

Messages in Outbox
I have a user that has received Undeliverable emails that he never sent. He had a message in his outbox this morning that he did not create. I scanned his PC for the latest viruses with no results. Any ideas? Thank you! ...

WM_LBUTTONUP message:
H I have a SDI application. In which I am not able to receive WM_LBUTTONUP message. I could get WM_LBUTTONDOWN message. If I open Spy, I could get the messages properly. Could anyone help me to slove this Regard John As you mentioned, you should get it. What does you message map look like? Are you letting the click go inside the view to ensure that you get mouse up message? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2F22455-2AFF-4399-ACBC-1313E5BC518F@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a SDI ...

error message 01-25-10
Event Type: Error Event Source: Srv Event Category: None Event ID: 2019 Date: 25/01/2010 Time: 20:18:15 User: N/A Computer: JOHN-1053SX0NX2 Description: The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 00 00 04 00 01 00 54 00 ......T. 0008: 00 00 00 00 e3 07 00 c0 ....ã..À 0010: 00 00 00 00 9a 00 00 c0 ....š..À 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ 0028: 0...

Clear
Due to a malformed e-mail message or other malformed item in the information store, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may crash periodically. It happens when a staff try to move his mail from exchange mail box to his personal folders. Now I have to restart the services - Microsoft Exchange Information Store every 1 min. I attempt to clean his mail box (not delete) in the exchange server such that to fix this problem. Can you perform an "online backup" of the information store? If this is successful, then the problem is probably related to the structure of ...

Intercompany error message
We are4 running GP V9. We current have 32 companies set up on GP and need to have intercompany relationships set up between them. I have read the "help" and got a little confussed (not being an accountant) the following error is deisplayed when we save or post batches. "At least one distribution amount for a company does not match the corresponding company" When you click on ok the the batch does post without making any changes. Any help would be gratefully recived Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Book Review: C# 3.0...

Multiple Receipt of Same Message
With almost every message I receive 2 to 4 copies of the exact same message over a period of several minutes. Is there something that I can do to stop this so that I only receive each message once? ...

Unable to deliver the message
Dear All, Mail server bounceed back to sender with below error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:SITE:SERVER " The same mail id after few min user able to receive mail ,can I know why this intermittent problem ? I just look event viewer and not noticed any error. Now I increased diagnose level. I am really surprised with this error that too with potential client. Can some one help me to pin point this problem Advance thanks Balaji Hi Balaji, Check this link it may help. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156896 Faz &g...

Can I embed a sound file within the Outlook message
With Outlook Express, I was able to put a sound file as "background" in an email. Can I do the same with Office Outlook 2003? What have you tried? What didn't work? Were there any error messages? By-the-way, the F1 key has never broken anything. "Graceful/Graceless" <Graceful/Graceless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C22C703-E2BC-451B-B740-559DD3DFE751@microsoft.com... > With Outlook Express, I was able to put a sound file as "background" in an > email. Can I do the same with Office Outlook 2003? I could find no ;prompt ...

Outgoing message filtering
Is that possible? How? HaTeTeP I ment, is there a way to restrict one user from sending emails outside the organization. We have a situation with one man who is planing to start working for a company dooing same bussines we are. So i have to find a way to block his outgoing messages. HaTeTeP Well, you could try firing him. :-) On another approach, you could create an SMTP Connector and set the delivery restrictions so that he can't use it. See this KB if you do this, though: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q277872 -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: ...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...

POssible to hide preview pane for "confidential messages"
Normally I have preview pane on - no problem. However I'm currently having an email discussion which I'd rather people didn't know about. Since I work closely with my colleagues, anyone can sit down and see my screen ... rather than turn off preview pane (suspicious in itself, when I've always had it on), is there a way to tell Outlook not to preview confidential messages ? Things are made even worse by the fact that Outlook "helpfully" puts a bloody big banner across the subject saying "Please treat this message as confidential", which can be seen from oute...

Clear data from pivot table
Hello all. Usually when building a pivot table report I throw the data sets in the pivot table a few times to find the best way to show data. So I wonder - is there a way to quickly erase all the data sets so the pivot table is again empty as just being created (so I do not have to select each data set and remove it? Macro or some other trick? The closest I got to the answer was the idea to just create another pivot table from the original data=85but it would be so much easier to click a button and all the data is cleared from the pivot table. Thank you as always people! In Excel 2007 ther...

Finding messages where special characters are used on a store with full-text indexing enabled
With full-text indexing enabled on a 2003 exch. store it is not possible to find a message with the folowing text e.g. "d/a". The slash is not recongnised. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks for the advice On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:28:08 +0200, "Paul" <pcauwe@hotmail.com> wrote: >With full-text indexing enabled on a 2003 exch. store it is not possible to >find a message with the folowing text e.g. "d/a". The slash is not >recongnised. >Is there a way to solve this? > >Thanks for the advice Check the noise words list at \Program Files\e...

Clear outlook and reset for new user
I'm at a new job. I got the fired guy's work station. How do I clear everything out of MS Outlook and reset it for my own use? Start with a new mail profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> Show Profiles For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm Starting with a new user account would also clear the rest of his settings for the entire Windows environment and configured applications. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

clear 1099 history
any one have any scripts to clear 1099 history by vendor or vendor class? Current Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99AYTD = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Life to Date UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' UPDATE PM00202 SET TEN99ALIF = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' Last Year UPDATE PM00201 SET TEN99ALYR = 0 WHERE VENDORID = 'xxxxxxxx' PM00201 is the PM Vendor Master Summary, PM00202 is the PM Vendor Master Period Summary. Life to Date amounts are stored in both tables. Current Year and Last Ye...

Entourage losing messages
I have Entourage clients on a windows SBS 2003 server, and they are complaining that they see messages in their inbox, but when they look back later they have all disappeared. And they are not on the server either, as I logged onto a PC to check. Any ideas? On 11/16/04 7:11 AM, "Andrew Daws MCSE" wrote: > I have Entourage clients on a windows SBS 2003 server, and they are > complaining that they see messages in their inbox, but when they look back > later they have all disappeared. And they are not on the server either, as I > logged onto a PC to check. Any ideas? ...

Remove error message and manage error
I feel a bit ashamed of posting this, but I completely forgot get-qaduser -disable | sort name | % {write-host $_.name -for cyan; Remove-QADMemberOf -identity $_.dn -Group $_.memberof -whatif } This is going to remove all membership of my disable users. some of my user do not have any groups anymore, and so for those user it returns an error: Remove-QADMemberOf : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Group'. The argument is null, empty, or an element of the argument collection contains a null value. Supply a collection that does not cont ain any null values and then try...

error message #99
Just installed outlook 2003 (as part of office 2003) each time it starts get pop-up error "This application failed to start because WINNHTTP.dll was not found. Re-installing program may fix this" I tried re-installing but doesn't help. If I click "ok" on this pop-up several times it will go away and I can use the program but it pops up each time I switch to different module in outlook (calendar, contacts etc.) Anyone know of any help? ...

Intelligent Message Filte archive
HI, I have turned on the Intelligent message filter to archive Spam messages. Is there an easier way to read the contents that having to open each archived message one at a time. It is cathing a lot of the spamed message but since this is new to me, I wanted to be able to check the messages to make sure no "Real: Messages are being caught. I guess I wish there was a quick preview or something like that. Thankls David On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:02:17 -0500, David wrote: > HI, I have turned on the Intelligent message filter to archive Spam > messages. Is there an easier way to rea...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

Recieved two of the same email messages in Outlook
I have an Exchange 2003 Server and am running Outlook 2003 on all my clients. One of my users is recieving duplicate email messages from another user on the domain. The Subjects, text, date/time and sender are all the same on these two messages. We do not have POP3, or anything else enabled, and we do not allow retrieval or sending of email using PDA's. The only method of sending/receiving email is by connecting via VPN, OWA or by being in the office and connected to the LAN. Does anyone know by chance why this user would be getting the same email message twice? Thanks for th...

displaying messages in the Status bar with the Status command
Every night I run a VBA procedure that executes a series of action queries to import data from another database into the back end file of an Access 2003 database. While VBA is running the queries, I'm using using the command Status ("text message") to display messages to inform the administrator of the progress of the queries. However, I find that those Status messages are competing for space with the built in "Running Query _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _" progress bar that Acces displays. And my Status messages are only visible when the "Running Query" prog...

illegal function message when send and receive button is pressed
For the past two weeks I have been getting an illegal function message every time I try to read email. I have a hotmail account attached to my main account. ...