CInternetFile::GetLength() don't works

Hi,
i've used into my FTP client class, CInternetFile::GetLength function to
retrive a file dimension from a remote file. The problem is that the
function return a different value from the effective dimension. Someone
could help me ?
Thank you in advantage.

Simone
Italy

0
padovanNO (2)
2/19/2004 7:48:07 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

use GetLength( ) method of CFtpFileFind.

"Simone" <padovanNO@SPAMpatrimonium.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i've used into my FTP client class, CInternetFile::GetLength function to
> retrive a file dimension from a remote file. The problem is that the
> function return a different value from the effective dimension. Someone
> could help me ?
> Thank you in advantage.
>
> Simone
> Italy

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/19/2004 8:17:18 AM
There is no guarantee that GetLength() *on the other end* works, or is even
implemented.

"Simone" <padovanNO@SPAMpatrimonium.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i've used into my FTP client class, CInternetFile::GetLength function to
> retrive a file dimension from a remote file. The problem is that the
> function return a different value from the effective dimension. Someone
> could help me ?
> Thank you in advantage.
>
> Simone
> Italy

Working with Excel worksheet in Word document
I need to export an Excel worksheet into a Word document but I need the table to wrap across pages. I tried it using the Paste Special command but that ended up putting the whole thing on one page - and cut off part of the table. I was able to get the effect I wanted by doing a simple cut & paste - but I also want to be able to work with the worksheet after I add it in and have all the formulas work. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. What if you import it twice, and use "Crop" to cover over the right edge on the left-page copy, and the left edge ...

Auto Save Add-In
I recently asked for help on the Auto sAve Add-in that was not retainin the settings after closing down. I was advised to load Service Pack 1/1a. I did this and also SP 2 an 3. However the problem has not been solved and it reverts to "Promp Before Saving" which is very annoying. Any other ideas on correcting this? Thanks :confused -- Charles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CharlesF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 ...

Working with two charts
I am just learning about formulas and need some help. I don't know if this is possible or not. I have two worksheet tables in excel The first is a report that list employees & the columns are: salaries, certification level, and # years employed. The salary in this chart is manually entered based on a salary scale. The salary scale is the other table. The x axis is Certification level and y axis is # years employed. I want excel to take the certification level & # years columns in the first worksheet and enter the salary from the salary scale chart. Thanks for any help DLE ...

Prcess a refund request on a work order
A customer placed an order with us and total sales amount is $61.99. We wrote up a work order for her and she paid in full, $61.99. Later she caceled the order before delivery. We processed her refund request by following steps: 1.) Recalled the work order 2.) Deleted all items, and then pressed tender 3.) Selected pick up entire work order 4.) Changed "the amount to keep" to 0 ...... We were able to credit back to our customer by this way, however, we couldn't find the record. The newest work order receipt only shows sub total, sales tax and total (the amount is 0)....

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Shortcut in Start Menu not working
This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though..... There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows problem. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eawCjI7cIHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This happened once before ...

It worked!
Thank you very much for your help Allen!!! Your site is on my favourite list now ;-) Cristian. ...

Data base Adventure Works
Hi all, I have installed the CRM 3.0 in Portuguese, but I don´t have data base. It exist this data base of "Adventure Works" in form of archive where I can import? Regards, Leandro Ruviere. Hi Leandro, There's information in the Implementation Guide regarding installation of the sample database "Adventure Works Cycle". See this url for the information: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/maintain/20_samdb.mspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Leandro Ruviere&q...

Outlook 2007 ~ no longer working with my ISP
I was able to send/receive emails for my ISP (Optonline) from Oct through Dec 2007. I have Outlook 2007 and Windows Vista. I have followed the ISP instructions repeatedly and have spent quite a bit of time with the ISP help desk. They are not able to determine the reason why I can no longer access my account through Outlook 2007. I was refered to Microsoft for additional troubleshooting. Do you have any suggestions for me? Usually if you select the option to Test accounts there will be some err. msgs "Ani Nazlican" <AniNazlican@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

IE8 does not work, it says: Internet Explorer dejo de funcionar
Hi There; I'm using IE8 on Windows 7 for about 2 months and it worked fine bust 2 weeks ago when suddenly stop working and restart every time I want to open it. I try anti malware software but still the problem. I deactivated and reactivated again but still the problem. I'm usind Firefox but I need IE8, how can I fix it, because doesn't let me reinstall it. Thank you Adan Hi, You either have an incompatible Addon installed (in the past few weeks) (test by running IE8 in no-Addons mode. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explo...

OT: debug and compiling doesn't work right
Hi, this is not about MFC, but about VC++ in general. I have this MFC MDI project where when I run in Debug mode (press F5) and when I break and decide to edit the code, and recompile as is VC++ tells me "several file are not up to date" and it has to recompile, so it shuts down the program, recompiles, and executes again (F5) so I lose the position in the program. Needless to say, it wastes time. In other similar sized projects, it works fine. I edited the time tag on all the CPP and H files to make them "up to date", but still, it doesn't work. What can I do? The...

Invite does not work
When people send me invite I do not get ACCEPT DENY options in my outlook What version of Outlook are you using? "Maxi" <mac_mahesh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1131790301.571065.181340@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When people send me invite I do not get ACCEPT DENY options in my > outlook > I am using MSOL 2002 (10.2627.2625) Can anybody help? Where are the invites coming from? "Maxi" <mac_mahesh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1131794870.984558.33900@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I am using MSOL 2002 (10.2627.2625) ...

My Function SEEK Method doesn't work
I try to search School and Date. but my code doesn't work Can you Tell me my error? Appreciate your help. '--------------------Beginning Code Dim db1 As Database, tb1 As Recordset Dim esvar As Variant tb1.MoveFirst With tb1 .Index = "school" esvar = .Bookmark .Seek "=", [School] & [Date] If .NoMatch Then MsgBox ("This School and Date not Found") Else MsgBox ("This School and Date found and You are need to verification date") Date.SetFocus ...

BUG REPORT: CStdioFile::GetLength() and unix-style text files
Not sure if this is the best place to report this or not. If we should be sending this elsewhere, please notify and we'll do that. We've discovered that when reading unix-style text files (i.e. files using LF to terminate lines instead of CR LF), CStdioFile::GetLength() can cause problems. Specifically, during the below read loop, the call to CStdioFile::GetLength() appears to disturb the file pointer at times, causing it to backup in the file to previously read content. CStdioFile fp; fp.Open("file",CFile::modeRead); CString line; while (fp.ReadString(line)) { // do...

Resource delegates does not seem to work
Hello, I'm trying to setup a resource with a resource delegate, but when a meeting is booked using the resource not fullfilling the policies, no mail is send to the configured delegates (although forwarding is $true). Here is how I have set the calendar options PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-MailboxCalendarSettings -identity delvaux | format-list AutomateProcessing : AutoUpdate AllowConflicts : False BookingWindowInDays : 180 MaximumDurationInMinutes : 10 AllowRecurringMeetings : True ...

After Update Event Procedure will not work
Can someone please help me. I have a form that I would like to have the Sire ID automatically filled in when I select the Sire's name from a combo Box. This is the code that I have. It seemed to work with Access 2000, but I now have Access 2007. Please tell me what I have left out. I don't get anything in the Sire ID field after I leave the Sire field. The combo box has 4 columns, Horses name, Registration number, Other registration number and Horse ID. Private Sub Sire_AfterUpdate() SireID = [Sire].Column(3) End Sub Thanks for any help that you can give me. ...

"General Question"
"General Questions" Newsgroup now gone?? There's Traffic in this room..so..I renamed a database someone else wrote w/ a long Filename w/ spaces. Named it "Budget09"...I made a new Blank DB and Imported all Objects into the new DB. Before giving that a shortcut, I assigned a Form in "Tools - Startup" and it opened fine. However, once the shortcut was assigned..clicking that won't open the DB. I guess I can import into another Blank DB..silly question, how will I shortcut to that new File so it will open?? TIA - Bob It was another LDB open that I...

Disclaimer does not work
Hi there, I have a problem with the SMTP disclaimer. I did follow the 317680 procedure, I've created the script then I´ve registered with smtpreg.vbs. But nothing happens The script was registered in the routing group bridgehead server to avoid the MAPI problem. (All the servers sent SMTP mail to it and the outsise). At the same time I'm using webmail (OWA) to forward mail outside the organization. But the disclaimer doesn´t show up So I don´t understand the problem. Pls -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Help Trouble shooting remote Access
Hi, 1. We run a SBS 2003 R2 system, yesterday for some reason OWA ( & remote work place stopped working) 2. Access to the Internet from inside the network still works fine, as well as exchange ( I did not check to see if I could get to OWA from inside the network - yet) 3. I rebooted the server wilth no avial as well as installing updates and restarting - still no remote access 4. Server was never setup with public SSL key...so I always would get the error message in IN re:The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate auth...

How do I create a Work Sheet diary
Every year in Publisher I create a work sheet diary. I have a template page which I have to keep typing in the dates. The page is a week and each day I type in the date. I keep it on a clip board with this week on view and its specificially designed for our work application. I wanted to find out how I could put in dates automatically. But I think its not possible. Publisher does have an "update automatically", insert, Date and Time, check the box. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bendigobarb" &l...

Is this going to work
Hi, I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box uses this T1 as well. I just got an additional DSL as backup. So basically I now have 2 routers as gateway. Can I connect the DLS router to the same switch as my lan and exchange, then give exchange a second gateway and create a new MX record that maps to the DSL public IP? Thanks No. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB769181-B634-47B7-AFD4-AA3419C1548B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box > uses...

xslt transform not working in .net that works in msxml
Hello Group, I am just about tearing my hair out with this one and thought someone may have some insight. I have a transform that wasn't working so I grabbed the nearest debugger (xselerator) and saw that it works just fine. Now what I mean by not working is that it just silently fails to produce the expected output... no exceptions are being thrown. Xselerator uses msxml 3 so it's not really helping me see the problem in .net 1.1. Given the following xml: <navitem title="Main" level="0"> <navitem title='Welcome' link='someurl.aspx'...

How about an install that works on Win2k3?
Ok, we've wasted a solid week trying to install on 2 separate Win2k3 machines and CRM does NOT pass beyond the install process without stating "Failed to install [MS] [CRM] Server", "Failed to provision your initial business.", "Failed to create organization." "Unknown error. (80041A04)". This is pretty disgruntling to say that absolute least and we're a veteran IT organization. We need an answer ASAP or we're gone and running to another solution for CRM. Nicholas Schoonover It seems to be an issue with some XML interpretation. The...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Help with auto Archive not working
Hi: Hoping someone can help with this..... We have several Outlook clients connected to an Exchange 2000 server. I'd like to have particular folders delete old mail based on how old the mail is. This requirement appears to be met by the 'Auto Archive - Delete files permanently' feature, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions on why? In the AutoArchive tab, I get a message that the administrator hasn't set retention polices - would that be the problem? Thanks for any tips. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Dab <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote: > We hav...