Running regsvr32 on win7.64.home

Does anyone know of a resource that I can get caught up to speed with
the various flavors of win7 versus installing VB6 apps?  I'm a VB6 developer
who skipped the learning lessons of Vista.   I have just moved to a new Win7
machine and wanted to drop-test some VB6 code to test.  In days past, I've
been able to copy OCX's and other files between machines and register
the DLL's using regsvr32 by hand.

I tried to copy one of ComponentOne controls, the c1sizer.ocx to the
Windows\System32 folder
and could not get the control registered with regsrvr32.

I did attempt to run CMD with Admin privileges, but it would not register,
either
under the command line, nor in the CMD (dos) window.

I am not sure if this is a Windows flavor problem, a user-access problem, or
what?

Is it necessary to have one of the higher levels of Win7.64 to run/install
32bit VB apps?
The documents I've read indicate 32bit will run on 64bit system using WOW,
but I am
not sure if this includes the lowest level home version, or if an upgrade is
necessary.

Thanks for any help,
DanMH

0
DanMH

�
[...]

I would recommend using the installation package for the ComponentOne controls if possible. It will
also install the required design-time licenses for development as well as any dependent files. You
may want to use the Dependency Walker utility in order to determine what if any dependent files are
required.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

When deploying this application you need to make certain to include the dependent files in your
installation package. In addition, shared 32-bit components are installed in the SysWOW64 folder
instead of System when running under a 64-bit OS. The redirection to SysWOW64 is automatic when
using a 32-bit installer.

The edition of 64-bit Windows you are using shouldn't impact your ability to install the component,
but yes you should run the installation as an administrator.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
3/26/2010 12:28:40 PM
32-bit system folder: SysWOW64
64-bit system folder: System32

You couldn't make this stuff up. :)

0
mayayana
3/26/2010 1:49:23 PM
"mayayana" <mayayana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> 32-bit system folder: SysWOW64
> 64-bit system folder: System32
>
> You couldn't make this stuff up. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

0
Jeff
3/26/2010 8:57:11 PM
On 2010-03-26, mayayana <mayayana@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> 32-bit system folder: SysWOW64
> 64-bit system folder: System32
>
> You couldn't make this stuff up. :)

does seem a bit messed up doesn't it...

--
Tom Shelton
0

Regards,
DanMH

"mayayana" <mayayana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> 32-bit system folder: SysWOW64
> 64-bit system folder: System32
>
> You couldn't make this stuff up. :)

0
DanMH

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Automatically run macro

run time error 10-22-03

Excel Continuous Running Total

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Cant Restart XP Home Edt / Desktop doesnt reload / Blank Screen
Thank you All in advance for your responds. My laptop froze and I had to restart it using the on/off button. During the reboot, I saw the windows logo showing on my screen while loading just like normal, however, my desktop never reloaded. Now, It appears a blank black screen after the reloading process. No error messages either. I push the F8 button to access the "advanced options menu" during the restart. I tried safe mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Start Windows Normalls but none of those options worked. I didnt want to get into more technical stuff without...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

e mail home page
When my wife was using Windows mail she did something and lost the box in the LH upper corner which lists the inbox, deleted items, sent items and junk mail. When we open up Windows mail the only thing that opens is the inbox. How do we get this box back so we access the above items. View | Layout | Folder List. Check it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75D54688-7E8F-4B8A-8DA3-525755FB2685@microsoft.com... > When my wife was using Windows mail she...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...

DTM Need help deciding which tests to run.
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right group, so if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. I'm trying to get drivers signed for a USB device, and I'm not certain which category it falls under. The device uses winusb. It is an embedded system for test and measurement that only uses control and bulk transfers. It also has an embedded hub that exposes an additional port for general use. Thank you for your time, Jay Dolan Did you ever get through WHQL testing with winusb and the inf file? I am trying to pass WHQL testing and have encountered 3 errors ...

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files, etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help is appreciated. Backup error: Window...

Help me run a customer report
I need to know if there is a way to run a report so I may get a list of all customers that purchased products in one of our retail departments to send a flyer too in the future. There's a mailing list report in the Reports Library on Customer Source. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "misshettie" <misshettie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

running a macro only if criteria are met
hello all, I have a macro that runs fine, the problem is it relies on user input and will run even if the data received is invalid. I can calculat simple checks to confirm if the user has inputted valid data, an simply set a test cell to either "YES" or "NO". Is there any way I can amend the macro such that if the cell reads "NO the macro stops and gives the user a relevant message, and if the cel reads "YES", the macro runs through as normal. any help/comments will be appreciated. CHEER -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi within you m...

MICROSOFT FRONTPAGE 2003 Running with Windows 7 HOME EDITION
Hi there It looks like the program works up to the point of logging into the website using Frontpage/Sharepoint option. It is my beliefe that Frontpage 2003 comes with everything you need for out of the box solutions. What do I need or what am I missing? Thanks -- Tony Ashlin So, do you actually have a web site with a host and an account set up with them? Don't quite understand what you are asking. What do you mean by "logging into the website"? -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "TonyAsh...

Instance is Running
Dear Sir, Please help me for How to know that SQL Server Instance to which application is running on same computer on which application is running. (i.e. Application & SQL Server is running on same computer). Because in my application, I want to provide few feature only at server level. Thanks, Sanjay Shah select @@servername -- Kevin G. Boles Indicium Resources, Inc. SQL Server MVP kgboles a earthlink dt net "SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD." <sanjay@microbrain.in> wrote in message news:%23n82YTKrKHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gb...

running script with several runs.
Hello. I have Microsoft access 2007. I want to run a script that include many commands. Each command is create table ... How can I run several commands in Microsoft Access 2007 ? Thanks :) Scripts? You mean you wish to execute multiple external vbs files? Or do you mean you wish to run multiple vba procedures? Please post a couple and we will try to guide you. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Mr. X."...