event id 4879 MSDTC Client 2

  • Follow

Hi !

I have a problem with an application on a windows server 2008 r2. This
application works ok on all clients running windows x32. But when I run it on
my server it crashes with event id 4879 MSDTC Client 2 encoured a problem
contacting the server itself. I've tried the binacle to set permissions to
network service also change and tried almost every settings under dtc in
dcomcnfg. I'm no expert at sql and get no help from the developers of the
program. It can be some new securitything in R2 server or is it that it's x64?

Glad for help and tips asap.

Best regards
Jimmy
0