DEADLOCK_ENUM_MUTEX and SQL Server Data Collector

I recently implemented the Performance Datawarehouse on our production server
after running it in our test environment for months with no problems. I am
currently only collecting the 3 basic collection sets. Today 2 'SQL Server
Data Collector' spids got hung and will not rollback. Normally the collection
jobs take about 1.5minutes according to the log. Today though, the
QueryStatisticscollection job was running for over 30minutes and causing the
ActivityMonitor to error. I stopped the collection sets and the associated
jobs. This did nothing to alleviate the problem. The spids that are hung are
reporting a lastwaittype of 'DEADLOCK_ENUM_MUTEX'--they are in a
'killed/rollback' state but are not doing so. This waittype means: Occurs
when the deadlock monitor and sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks try to make sure that
SQL Server is not running multiple deadlock searches at the same time.

I have read the article 'Troubleshooting the Data collector'
( but it has not
really helped. There are no errors in the Datacollector logs. It appears that
the same collection set is running twice when viewing the logs  and has not
stopped and the spids are not rolling back. I have searched for any
dcexec.exe processes running on the server as well as any of the
Datacollector SSIS packages running and there are none.

Is there a way for these spids to die gracefully? I can't really stop and
start the sql agent at this time which I suspect may be one way to do this.
These spids appear to be causing issues when trying to use the
ActivityMonitor since it uses the sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks DMV to show data.
Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!

Restrict Data Entry
Is there any way to restrict the number of characters that can be entered into a cell. I know with Data Validation, that if a character limit is exceeded, one will get an error message. What I would like to do is set up the cells so that once the character limit is reached, the cell won't accept anymore characters and/or some sort of audible warning sounds. Any help will be appreciated. I think that the only way you'll be able to do this is to create a userform with a textbox where you could count the characters. Jonsey wrote: > > Is there any way to restrict the numb...

Excel 2003 This Workbook contains queries to external data
Excel 2003 I get the following message box when opening an excel spreadsheet and displaying an extnernal microsoft query. This Workbook contains queries to external data that refresh automatically. Allows you to click either Enable automatic refresh or Disable automatic refresh. I know this is a new security enhancement and is turned on by default. How do you change the default to off so this does not appear every time ...

Linked Table on server not updating
We've just updated from Access 2000 to 2007. We've recomplied the code and all is working normally. Our problem is our back-end database on the server is not updating from the front end users at their workstations. I've follow MS instructions on how to split a database (304932), which pretty much was the way we used to do it. Out tables are located on the server and our work stations are linked to the tables there. Yet for some reason the server database is not updating. I recently found four records in the workstation that were not on the server. This makes no sense s...

Exchange 2003 OWA Front End Server
Hello everyone, just a quick question regarding best practice for OWA. I have three large sites (about 500 to 700 users per site). In the main site (700 users), I wanted to use a Front End E2k3 Front End server and allow all users in the domain to have access to it. From the main site, i have VPN tunnels built to the other two sites using full T1 lines. My question is whether or not it's ok to use an OWA server as a front end server for remote mailbox stores. So a user that is in Europe would log into a front end server in North America to get to his or her mailbox through OWA. See w...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...

How can I detail Pivot Table data without creating a table (Excel 2007)
Hi.. I would like to know if there is a way to detail pivot tale data without creating a new table, or in other terms, without the need to convert it to a range? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, SkELeTikO P.S. I'm currently using Excel 2007 ...

Exchange server is running out drive space on C: drive
I inherited an Exchange 2003 server with 2 x 36Gb drives - partitioned 10Gb for C: drive and the rest for files ( these 2 drives are mirrored) 3 x 72Gb drives partitioned 135Gb with a 72Gb hot spare. (this is where my mail store is held.) What I need to know,is the safest way to change out the 36Gb drives for larger ones and not lose the partitioning structures excepting to increase the operating ystem drive C: to at least 30Gb. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. What is on the 10GB partition? "Net" <> wrote in message news:1147984760.153...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? >DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname Is used to save changes to the table object itself, not the data within the table. Try: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRec...

How do I not summarize row data in a Pivot Table?
Hi everyone. I have a problem that at first seemed simple, but I can't find the solution. I'm using a Pivot Table to provide a report of my household inventory, having columns of quantity, type (each, pair, set) and description. What I want to do is provide a report to my moving company which lists each item in a row, example, 1 each bed, 1 each cupboard, 1 each table. However, the pivot table summarizes the data and I only get one "1" and one "each", but individual rows for the description, as you would expect. What I actually need is a "1" and an &...

Hi, i am new in Sql express i am trying to create a database in sql but i dont now how can i install the database in other computer or a server programmatically where the other computer have the sql and if is a server what i nead to do . or only what i need is a valid conection ; i use the localhots to identify any clinte machine but i dont now what i need to writh for the servers my conection is look like this as a defualt from MFC hr = _db.OpenFromInitializationString(L"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Data.mdf;Data Sour...

Data Source of Pivot table
Hi NG if i create a Pivot table with the Wizard in Excel 2000 and have my data in a ACCESS 97 table, where can i see the explicit Path and name of the database and the table that are concerned. if the place of the database changes, is it possible to write this change directly into to excel-File via VBA to tell him, that the refresh has to be taken from a different database. maybe the access-table-name could be changed also, on the bassis, that the structure stays the same. Thanks for helping Regards Reiner ...

Data Validation #2
Basically there are three categories from which the user can selec from. Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues - servicing - assessing - delay in assessing - call centre - misquote - information - website (no entry required) - brochure I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on th issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue an servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Exce -- Message posted from Hi Pascale check out Debra Dalgleish's site espe...

SQL Study Group Please join for support our SQL Study Group ------=_NextPart_0001_3CECC08E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For those who want to join, the URL is David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) Any views contained within are my personal views a...

Is it possible to Select Data on a Graph/Zoom to it in the Spreads
Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then ZOOM to or HIGHLIGHT that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time. Justin Justin wrote: > Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then ZOOM > to or HIGHLIGHT that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible > and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time. > Justin ------------------------------- You can't exactly do it directly, BUT... Go look at this web page: ...

Outlook 2003, Business Contact Manager and Exchange Server connection problem
Hi - We have Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (BCM is located onsite), connected to a remote Exchange Server. For the past several months we have been experiencing connection problems on 2 of our 5 PC's that use Outlook/Business Contact Manager and Exchange Server. Here is what happens: Outlook often reports that it has lost its connection to the Exchange Server.....even though I can sometimes send and receive email. The "Connection" indicator in the lower right hand corner will even be lit sometimes. However, when this problem is happening, and the user tries to ...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

SQL 2008 and SRS
I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2008 Standard. The consultant who will be doing the SQL work reminded me to install SRS. Is SRS included with SQL 2008 Standard? Thanks, John SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is part of 2008 Standard Edition. RLF "John" <> wrote in message news:%23DpI1bfcKHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to >seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2...

IM with SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 running on SQL 2005. Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL 2000 and insert in in GP 8.0 Possible? Thanks Terry Yes, you can use SQL Server 2000 databases as a data source for Integration Manager with GP 8 running on SQL 2000/2005. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TerryB" wrote: > Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 > running on SQL 2005. > > Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL > 2...

Outlook 2003 changes incoming POP3 server
My version of Outlook 2003 keeps changing the incoming server to "localhost". Each time I want to get email following a re-boot I have to change it to "" and remove "/" from the user name. I connect to the internet via DSL modem. Why does this happen and how do I fix it so it doesn't happen in the future? Regards Ian It is not Outlook, it is your firewall or AV scanner that is changing your server name. Disable the mail scanning option in your product and change your server name back to what your ISP gave you...

Hello, can sombody help me to translate that script in oracle? DECLARE @ID INT DECLARE CURSEURS_JOBS CURSOR FOR SELECT REF_RE_JOB_POSTING_ID FROM DM_RE_JOB_POSTING OPEN CURSEURS_JOBS FETCH CURSEURS_JOBS INTO @ID WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set publishedI = (select CASE WHEN rjpd.internal = 1 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','I')) THEN ( CASE WHEN rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not null and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() THEN ( SELECT 'I' ) WHEN rjpd.start_date is...

Several Clients of mine have hosted servers in datacenters. One of them needed a second VPN connector between the COLO and his Corporate offices. The provider put the PPP adapter on the domain controller, thus multhoming the Domain controller in the segment at the Colo. Now the client could not delete CRM users or add them. In addition to this, he could not restrict the access of any user or change their role. That's when I got a call. I logged in and saw the error, "Contract your administrator". Oh well, I checked the four groups created in the OU and ran Netdiag on t...

Compress seq data from txt-file into 15 min chunks in another file?
Hi I want to compress "tick"-data (ie trades) from a file into another file. In the target file I want to chunk the data into 15 minutes activity (or other number of minutes) and summorise it into date, time, open, high, low, open and volume. I have managed it with days but minutes is harder. I have 3 cells in a worksheet that I have given the names: Sourcefile, Sourcefolder and Targetfolder. And I have added "eod" (EndOfDday) at the beginning of the target file. Below have I put parts of the sourcefile and the targetfile for days for that sourcefile. As I wr...

Retiring an Exchange server
A few months ago, we were a Windows 2000 native domain, with a single Exchange 2000 server in native mode. The children played, the sun shone, and life was good. We recently upgraded our domain to 2003 and Exchange to 2003. The Exchange upgrade was purchasing a new server, installing 2k3, and migrating all users and settings to the new server. Mail floxed, the children played, the sun shone, and life was good. We would now like to retire the Exchange 2000 box, but we are unable to do so. When we shut down that server, users call us a few hours later (not immediately) reporting odd slowdo...

sql statement help
I need to change the itemcode and descriptions to all caps and i need to have all items with a a barcode of 3 of 9 extended. thanks On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:22:03 +0200, miker = <> wrote: > I need to change the itemcode and descriptions to all caps and i need = to = > have > all items with a a barcode of 3 of 9 extended. UPDATE Item SET ItemLookupCode =3D UPPER(ItemLookupCode), Description =3D UPPER(Description), LastUpdated =3D GETDATE() For barcode 3 of 9 extended .. UPDATE Item SET BarcodeFormat =3D <VALUE> Replace value wi...