SharePoint default page not loading

Follow
Email
Hi,

After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or 
SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set 
(http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error in IE. If 
I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:

http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 site and..
http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin.

In Alternate Access Mapping I have http://webserver2 already listed for both 
the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any help that 
can be given would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/6/2010 11:00:01 AM
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
3201 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14
Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?

-- 
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error in IE. 
> If
> I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
>
> http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 site 
> and..
> http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin.
>
> In Alternate Access Mapping I have http://webserver2 already listed for 
> both
> the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
>
> Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any help 
> that
> can be given would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks. 

0
Reply Daniel 1/6/2010 4:49:09 PM
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh install and 
webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS setup 
attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it fails with 
the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another machine 
and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine without the 
need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem is....Also 
this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more 
suggestions/ideas?

Many thanks

"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
> 
> -- 
> Daniel A. Galant
> 
> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> 
> "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error in IE. 
> > If
> > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
> >
> > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 site 
> > and..
> > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin.
> >
> > In Alternate Access Mapping I have http://webserver2 already listed for 
> > both
> > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any help 
> > that
> > can be given would be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks. 
> 
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 10:02:01 AM
On Jan 7, 10:02=A0am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh install =
and
> webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS se=
tup
> attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it fails =
with
> the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another mach=
ine
> and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine without=
 the
> need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem is....=
Also
> this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
> suggestions/ideas?
>
> Many thanks
>
>
>
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
>
> > --
> > Daniel A. Galant
>
> > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>
> > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
>
> > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error i=
n IE.
> > > If
> > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
>
> > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 s=
ite
> > > and..
> > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin.
>
> > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already listed for
> > > both
> > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
>
> > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any hel=
p
> > > that
> > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
0
Reply KPS 1/7/2010 11:33:56 AM
Hi KPS,

Thanks for this. However my problem isnt HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon 
Failed problem. I'm getting a HTTP 404 Not Found. When the page loads it even 
asks for mt username and password but still fails to load the page. I have to 
enter http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx

Will this fix still solve it?

Thanks again

"KPS" wrote:

> On Jan 7, 10:02 am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh install and
> > webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS setup
> > attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it fails with
> > the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another machine
> > and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine without the
> > need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem is....Also
> > this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
> > suggestions/ideas?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> >
> >
> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> > > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
> >
> > > --
> > > Daniel A. Galant
> >
> > > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> >
> > > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi,
> >
> > > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> > > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> > > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error in IE.
> > > > If
> > > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
> >
> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 site
> > > > and..
> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central admin.
> >
> > > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already listed for
> > > > both
> > > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
> >
> > > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any help
> > > > that
> > > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
> >
> > > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
> I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
> to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
> the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
> see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
> .
> 
0
Reply Utf 1/8/2010 11:42:02 AM
The disableloopbackcheck should do it.

-- 
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D0507DE1-947C-4A7B-A6FC-8DC20FE621C7@microsoft.com...
> Hi KPS,
>
> Thanks for this. However my problem isnt HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon
> Failed problem. I'm getting a HTTP 404 Not Found. When the page loads it 
> even
> asks for mt username and password but still fails to load the page. I have 
> to
> enter http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx
>
> Will this fix still solve it?
>
> Thanks again
>
> "KPS" wrote:
>
>> On Jan 7, 10:02 am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh 
>> > install and
>> > webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS 
>> > setup
>> > attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it 
>> > fails with
>> > the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another 
>> > machine
>> > and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine 
>> > without the
>> > need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem 
>> > is....Also
>> > this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
>> > suggestions/ideas?
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>> > > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
>> >
>> > > --
>> > > Daniel A. Galant
>> >
>> > > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>> >
>> > > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
>> > > > Hi,
>> >
>> > > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
>> > > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
>> > > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error 
>> > > > in IE.
>> > > > If
>> > > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
>> >
>> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 
>> > > > site
>> > > > and..
>> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central 
>> > > > admin.
>> >
>> > > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already listed 
>> > > > for
>> > > > both
>> > > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
>> >
>> > > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any 
>> > > > help
>> > > > that
>> > > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
>> >
>> > > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
>> >
>> > - Show quoted text -
>>
>> Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
>> I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
>> to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
>> the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
>> see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
>> .
>> 
0
Reply Daniel 1/13/2010 5:36:24 AM
Hi again,

I modified the registry for DisableLoopbackCheck but it didnt work. I still 
have to type default.aspx to get the page up. I had a look at the hosts file 
too but it seems fine.

Any more thoughts?


"Daniel A. Galant" wrote:

> The disableloopbackcheck should do it.
> 
> -- 
> Daniel A. Galant
> 
> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> 
> "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:D0507DE1-947C-4A7B-A6FC-8DC20FE621C7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi KPS,
> >
> > Thanks for this. However my problem isnt HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon
> > Failed problem. I'm getting a HTTP 404 Not Found. When the page loads it 
> > even
> > asks for mt username and password but still fails to load the page. I have 
> > to
> > enter http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx
> >
> > Will this fix still solve it?
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "KPS" wrote:
> >
> >> On Jan 7, 10:02 am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> > Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh 
> >> > install and
> >> > webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS 
> >> > setup
> >> > attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it 
> >> > fails with
> >> > the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another 
> >> > machine
> >> > and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine 
> >> > without the
> >> > need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem 
> >> > is....Also
> >> > this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
> >> > suggestions/ideas?
> >> >
> >> > Many thanks
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> >> > > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
> >> >
> >> > > --
> >> > > Daniel A. Galant
> >> >
> >> > > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> >> >
> >> > > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> > >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> >> > > > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> >> > > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> >> > > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error 
> >> > > > in IE.
> >> > > > If
> >> > > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
> >> >
> >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 
> >> > > > site
> >> > > > and..
> >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central 
> >> > > > admin.
> >> >
> >> > > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already listed 
> >> > > > for
> >> > > > both
> >> > > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
> >> >
> >> > > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any 
> >> > > > help
> >> > > > that
> >> > > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
> >> >
> >> > > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
> >> >
> >> > - Show quoted text -
> >>
> >> Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
> >> I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
> >> to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
> >> the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
> >> see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
> >> .
> >> 
0
Reply Utf 1/13/2010 11:51:01 AM
Not really, sorry.

-- 
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:151747FA-A53E-43BD-BFEA-D9C050333EA6@microsoft.com...
> Hi again,
>
> I modified the registry for DisableLoopbackCheck but it didnt work. I 
> still
> have to type default.aspx to get the page up. I had a look at the hosts 
> file
> too but it seems fine.
>
> Any more thoughts?
>
>
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>
>> The disableloopbackcheck should do it.
>>
>> -- 
>> Daniel A. Galant
>>
>> Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>>
>> "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D0507DE1-947C-4A7B-A6FC-8DC20FE621C7@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi KPS,
>> >
>> > Thanks for this. However my problem isnt HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: 
>> > Logon
>> > Failed problem. I'm getting a HTTP 404 Not Found. When the page loads 
>> > it
>> > even
>> > asks for mt username and password but still fails to load the page. I 
>> > have
>> > to
>> > enter http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx
>> >
>> > Will this fix still solve it?
>> >
>> > Thanks again
>> >
>> > "KPS" wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Jan 7, 10:02 am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >> > Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh
>> >> > install and
>> >> > webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, 
>> >> > WSS
>> >> > setup
>> >> > attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it
>> >> > fails with
>> >> > the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another
>> >> > machine
>> >> > and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine
>> >> > without the
>> >> > need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem
>> >> > is....Also
>> >> > this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
>> >> > suggestions/ideas?
>> >> >
>> >> > Many thanks
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
>> >> > > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
>> >> >
>> >> > > --
>> >> > > Daniel A. Galant
>> >> >
>> >> > > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
>> >> >
>> >> > > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> > >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
>> >> > > > Hi,
>> >> >
>> >> > > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 
>> >> > > > or
>> >> > > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
>> >> > > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' 
>> >> > > > error
>> >> > > > in IE.
>> >> > > > If
>> >> > > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
>> >> >
>> >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 
>> >> > > > 80
>> >> > > > site
>> >> > > > and..
>> >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central
>> >> > > > admin.
>> >> >
>> >> > > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already 
>> >> > > > listed
>> >> > > > for
>> >> > > > both
>> >> > > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still 
>> >> > > > remains.
>> >> >
>> >> > > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? 
>> >> > > > Any
>> >> > > > help
>> >> > > > that
>> >> > > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
>> >> >
>> >> > > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
>> >> >
>> >> > - Show quoted text -
>> >>
>> >> Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
>> >> I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
>> >> to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
>> >> the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
>> >> see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
>> >> .
>> >> 
0
Reply Daniel 1/16/2010 9:15:37 PM
I managed to get this sorted with the help of MS support. Turns out there was 
an issue with IIS. Somehow the handler mapping for 'wildcard' broke. The 
easiest fix was to add my own 'Wildcard Script Map' with the details:

Path: *
Executable: <path to aspnet_isapi.dll>
Name: any name you want

Proper fix would be to reinstall IIS but wasnt possible for me as I had live 
sited on this server.

Hope this info helps anyone else who may come accross this issue.

"Mehdis" wrote:

> Hi again,
> 
> I modified the registry for DisableLoopbackCheck but it didnt work. I still 
> have to type default.aspx to get the page up. I had a look at the hosts file 
> too but it seems fine.
> 
> Any more thoughts?
> 
> 
> "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> 
> > The disableloopbackcheck should do it.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Daniel A. Galant
> > 
> > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> > 
> > "Mehdis" <Mehdis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:D0507DE1-947C-4A7B-A6FC-8DC20FE621C7@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi KPS,
> > >
> > > Thanks for this. However my problem isnt HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon
> > > Failed problem. I'm getting a HTTP 404 Not Found. When the page loads it 
> > > even
> > > asks for mt username and password but still fails to load the page. I have 
> > > to
> > > enter http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx
> > >
> > > Will this fix still solve it?
> > >
> > > Thanks again
> > >
> > > "KPS" wrote:
> > >
> > >> On Jan 7, 10:02 am, Mehdis <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >> > Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply and suggestion. This is a fresh 
> > >> > install and
> > >> > webserver2 is the name of the actual computer. After installation, WSS 
> > >> > setup
> > >> > attempts to open the central admin page for me to configure but it 
> > >> > fails with
> > >> > the error saying it cant load the webpage. I've setup wss on another 
> > >> > machine
> > >> > and it loads central administration and the sharepoint pages fine 
> > >> > without the
> > >> > need of me adding anything to DNS....so not sure where the problem 
> > >> > is....Also
> > >> > this is using IIS 7 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise. Any more
> > >> > suggestions/ideas?
> > >> >
> > >> > Many thanks
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> > "Daniel A. Galant" wrote:
> > >> > > Do you have a proper DNS entry for the site?
> > >> >
> > >> > > --
> > >> > > Daniel A. Galant
> > >> >
> > >> > > Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.
> > >> >
> > >> > > "Mehdis" <Meh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >> > >news:189984A4-ADA7-4E8E-B779-5C5257995AB8@microsoft.com...
> > >> > > > Hi,
> > >> >
> > >> > > > After installing WSS 3.0 I find that I cant browse SharePoint 80 or
> > >> > > > SharePoint Central Administration v3 using the URL I set
> > >> > > > (http://webserver2/). It gives a 'Cannot display the webpage' error 
> > >> > > > in IE.
> > >> > > > If
> > >> > > > I want to view either of these I have to specifically type:
> > >> >
> > >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>/default.aspx to view the SharePoint 80 
> > >> > > > site
> > >> > > > and..
> > >> > > > http://<IPAddress of server>:port/default.aspx to view central 
> > >> > > > admin.
> > >> >
> > >> > > > In Alternate Access Mapping I havehttp://webserver2already listed 
> > >> > > > for
> > >> > > > both
> > >> > > > the sharepoint and central admin however the problem still remains.
> > >> >
> > >> > > > Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it? Any 
> > >> > > > help
> > >> > > > that
> > >> > > > can be given would be highly appreciated.
> > >> >
> > >> > > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
> > >> >
> > >> > - Show quoted text -
> > >>
> > >> Are you trying to view the site whilst logged on to the server? If so,
> > >> I've come across this lots of times, mostly with Server 2008. You need
> > >> to implement this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. Don't let
> > >> the out of date technology references put you off. If the serer can
> > >> see the internet then the 'Let MS fix it for me' works well.
> > >> .
> > >> 
1
Reply Utf 3/30/2010 9:05:01 AM
Follow
Email
Reply:
Similar Artilces:

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

default zoom?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Is there a way to set the default view for new worksheets and workbooks (as well as existing ones) to 150%? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343803111_46974675 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 12/16/09 9:37 AM, in article 59baf27e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "glennsnoise@officeformac.com" <glennsnoise@officeformac.com> w...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Default object folders
I was checking to see if "Infected" and "Quaratine" folder ojects are part of Outlook install like Inbox,sent,delete and drafts or are these part of my mail profile? I am trying to test whether or not these folders are created under any profile, but since I have used this profile on a PC that had a virus program installed I am wondering if that were they were created or inserted? No, those are not folders that Outlook creates by default. More likely, = they were created by your antivirus software.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Ou...

Default Ship To Adderss on PO
Using GP 10 Hello, We recently moved our accounting department to a new location where all bills and remittances must be sent. I’ve set up the new address and made it the primary address in the company setup window. Purchased items will still be sent to our old facility. When I tested the functionality with the new address, the PO ship to address defaults to the main company address. I could not find any way to change the default for this. Is there a way? Example: Open a PO, Drill down to the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry, Company main address defaults to the Bill to Address ID a...

Lines per page
I am using Word 2000. I'm writing manuscripts, and need to have the same number of lines on each page. Unfortunately, when line spacing is set to Double, I get 24 lines per page on some pages, 23 on others, and even 22 on a smaller number. Twenty-four lines per page is actually incorrect, as the publishing industry standard with Courier 12-point is 25 lines per page for manuscripts. I can achieve this by setting line spacing at multiple, 1.9, but then I get some pages with 24 lines, and others with 23. Manually correcting by pasting a line (or two) from the next page work...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

how to remove the page break lines in a spread sheet,
Can someone tell me how to change the view bakc to plain spreadsheet without page break lines. I cannot remove the lines with the remove page break because I did not insert page break, but i cannot tell how i got into this view and now i am stuck there. Click on View and then choose Normal. "gypsie g" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to change the view bakc to plain spreadsheet without > page break lines. I cannot remove the lines with the remove page break > because I did not insert page break, but i cannot tell how i got into this > view and no...

change the default font for Comment
Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment function to Arial 9pt? Thanks, Randy Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rduncan wrote: > Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment > function to Arial 9pt? > > Thanks, > Randy ...

new user default database
Why does when I create a new user, it would not point to the DYNAMICS as default database in SQL Enterprise Manager and instead points to Master. I'm on GP9.0 and SQL2000. I just upgraded to GP9.0 Try the following article for an explanation of why you might want to use Master as the default database http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/settingadefaultdatabaseforyourlogins.asp -- Charles Allen, MVP "GP Support" wrote: > Why does when I create a new user, it would not point to the DYNAMICS as > default database in SQL Enterprise Manager and instead...

How to print out every 4th page using Microsoft Word 2003
I have a word document which is 2700 pages long. I need to print out every 4th page onto letterhead. Is there a means to do this? TIA. You could use a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Range.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) Step 4 .PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p" & i, To:="p" & i Next i End With That's assuming that it is just those pages that you want to print, and not the whole document with every fourth page on letter head and the other three pages of each lett...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Change default reply to address
I need to change my reply-to address for a user in Exchange Server running on Small Buisness server 2003. My setup is: ------------- I have a domain in my SBS called "xxx.local", I have a user called "user". I do not have a external domain, so I have setup Exchange Server to use the POP3 connector. I can send & receive email fine, however if the recipient hits the reply button, it shows user@xxx.local, and the reply fails. It needs to be user@myisp.com (typing it in manually works). What I tried: -------------- In Active Directory for the user under "E-mail...

Saving/Loading Xml to/from an Xml file
Hi I have a function called GetXml that returns Xml as expected. I then use: Dim saveFile As New SaveFileDialog and the configure saveFile. Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Also, how could I load the Xml back in to a string using an OpenFileDialog (openFile) or similar? Regards, Carl Gilbert "Carl Gilbert" <cnl@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OHk4WC5qEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Dim writer As System.IO.StreamWriter writer = ...

trial M+Dlx link goes to simtel home page--but where is trial M+Dlx???
Even a search on Simtel for Money doesn't find it. Is it just me??? You'd think Microsoft could afford to host the trial download on their own servers... In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote: >Even a search on Simtel for Money doesn't find it. Is it just me??? > >You'd think Microsoft could afford to host the trial download on their own >servers... > Microsoft has used other suppliers to provide many downloads for years. Akamai was one of the long time suppliers for those downloads from Microsoft. But this is being sent out by Digital River, un...

Comma Style format, default change
I'd like to change my comma for numbers: 1,000.00 to be 1,000 I can change the style in the toolbar icon (modify), but that only works for the current file. when i open another spreadsheet the toolbar icon puts to two zeros back into the right of the decimal point. HOW CAN I PERM. CHANGE THE COMMA STYLE ICON? DAVE You can change it for any new workbooks that are based on a template. Create new workbook with that style. Then save it in your XLStart folder (location varies with versions of windows & excel). Now each workbook you create new will use that as the default. You co...

How do I insert only one 11x17 page in a book of 8.5x11 pages?
I have to insert one 11 x 17 page in the middle of a book because it's a fold out map. However, the rest of the booklet is created on regular 8.5 x 11 pages. Is it possible to do this? How do I do it? Thanks! It must be a separate document. You cannot have multiple sizes or orientations in a single Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DannyFolio" <DannyFolio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:962F34F1-F6FE-4FFA-B1B0-459D643DE3B0@microsoft.com... >I have...

page number on graph
How can I change the page number orientation? The chart is landscape, the page number should be verticle when bound into a book? As far as I know you cannot change the page number orientation. However, you could work around this by converting your chart into a graphics format (eg, ..jpg) and then you rotating this by 90°. You may have to experiment a little to see which format gives the best quality. Good luck, Henk "Rita" wrote: > How can I change the page number orientation? The chart is landscape, the > page number should be verticle when bound into a book? ...

Adding Pictures/Web Pages to E-mail Template
I have a html newsletter I'd like to send out with MS-CRM. It was created with Publisher and saved as a single page html file. It contains graphics and text. Is there a way I can create a CRM E-mail template which will allow me to send out graphics that are displayed in the body of my e-mail? Thanks The way to do this is to first put your html page up on your web site - can be tucked away in a fodler on its own if you dont want people to go straight to it. Once you've got the page up there so it can be viewed over the net then: 1. Browse to the page in IE 2. Select all on p...

Sharepoint and GP
At Convergence this year there was a session about GP and Sharepoint (it was GP12 -- How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helps Save You Money with Microsoft Office Sharepoint) and John Dooley gave a demo of some workflow that was between GP and Sharepoint. A customer was created in GP and it would automatically send a business alert to Sharepoint to create a folder for that customer. Was anyone else here sitting in or know about how he did that? I know how to do the alert, of course, and I have a rudimentary understanding of the workflow in WSS 3, but how do the two talk to each other so it makes the ...

Multi-page Print Preview
In previous versions of Publisher, it was possible to see 6-9 pages of a document at one time. The 2007 version appears to be limited to one page at a time. Furthermore, you no longet have tabs at the bottom of the screen for multi-page documents, making it easier to navigate to various pages. Print preview shows multi-pages. You were never able to view more than 2 pages on the publication screen in any Publisher version. The status bar is shown by default in 2007, there isn't an option in view to turn it off and on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

default setting for Lock Aspect Ratio
I need to set the default/startup setting for a picture's lock aspect ratio to ON (checked). I can manually set it to on but the Apply Settings to new Objects box is greyed out so I can't save it as the default setting. I want all my photos to stay in proportion and now I have to fix every one as I use it. I have another machine where it is defaulted to On. Only with autoshapes is the "lock aspect ratio" not on by default, with pictures it is. Might copy and paste your autoshape as a wmf. Do a "detect and repair" if the aspect is not on by default when for...

Windows 7, MS Project, or Sharepoint which to get first
We are planning on getting all 3 but were wondering what questions to ask as to which to get first to start development with. Project Server runs on sharepoint, so you if you are using project server you need sharepoint. Project can run on windows vista, etc. so Windows 7 would not be a requirement. Of course if you want to use project you need to get project too... Sharepoint requires some sort of operating system, so if you have none then you need to buy something - and windows server would be a good starting point. What are you planning to develop? -Jack "chaz...

Home Page Reports
I recently upgraded a client from v8.0 to 9.0. After the upgrade several users pointed out that some reports launched from the Home Page would also launch the GP Help About window. After some investigation, I realized that this only occurs with reports and SmartList favorites that were saved before the upgrade, new reports launch normally. Is there a way to stop the GP Help About window from launching from the Home Page hyperlink? ...

sharepoint backup and restores on sbs 2998
I have the correct registry entries for SharePoint Services 3.0 backup according to the technet documentation; however, SharePoint does not appear as an application on the restore application wizard, only Exchange which is also in the registry. Any clues to how to get SharePoint restore to show up, and more importantly, to know if it is actually being backed up properly? Hi Larry, Backup Methods for WSS 3.0 in SBS 2008 http://blogs.technet.com/b/asksbs/archive/2008/10/01/backup-methods-for-wss-3-0-in-sbs-2008.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ===========================...