How to use intranet instead of companyweb as address?

Hi,

I run SharePoint 3.0 on SBS 2008. By default, the SharePoint website address
is http://companyweb, I want to change it to http://intranet as we used to
have on 2.0 on SBS 2003, however it doesn't work. I added intranet as CNAME
in DNS. When I ping companyweb and intranet, both reply the same IP address,
which is my server's IP. But companyweb display the right page, Intranet
shows IIS7 welcome page.

How can I use Intranet instead of companyweb? Need help!

Thanks in advance!

Lisa
sharepoint.setup-administratio 225 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_A1AA1B95

From the information that you have provided it seems its some thing to do
with Alternate Access Mapping. Please check if AAM is set for that web app:

Go to Central Admin
Operations > Alternate Access Mapping
Edit Public URLs
Under Intranet field give "http://interanet" and Save

Also in IIS ensure you have the Host Header entry for the same site.

IIS > expand Sites
Right click on the respective site > Click Edit Bindings
Click Add
Specify the Host name as http://interanet

Some links about AAM

http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/06/what-every-sharepoint-ad
ministrator-needs-to-know-about-alternate-access-mappings-part-1.aspx
------=_NextPart_0001_A1AA1B95

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang16393{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 From the information that you have provided it seems its some thing to do with Alternate Access Mapping. Please check if AAM is set for that web app:
\par
\par Go to Central Admin
\par Operations > Alternate Access Mapping
\par Edit Public URLs
\par Under Intranet field give "http://interanet" and Save
\par
\par Also in IIS ensure you have the Host Header entry for the same site.
\par
\par IIS > expand Sites
\par Right click on the respective site > Click Edit Bindings
\par Click Add
\par Specify the Host name as http://interanet
\par
\par Some links about AAM
\par
\par \pard{\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}{\*\pn\pnlvlblt\pnf1\pnindent0{\pntxtb\'B7}}\fi-360\li360 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263208.aspx
\par {\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261814.aspx
\par {\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/06/what-every-sharepoint-administrator-needs-to-know-about-alternate-access-mappings-part-1.aspx
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A1AA1B95--

0
ramrk
2/9/2010 1:59:22 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_A1C1F849

Hello Lisa,

As DNS record is pointing to SharePoint Server, it is setup correctly.

There are two things you might need to fix this:

1. Add the host header to IIS in the existing site.
IIS > Select the SharePoint site > Edit Bindings > Add
All unassigned
Port 80
Host Header: intranet
OK

2. Open SharePoint Central Administration site > Operation > Alternate
Access Mappings
Select your site and Click on "Edit Public URL's"
Add your URL in Intranet zone as http://intranet
Click Save.

Try to browse your site and it should work as expected.

The reason why this site is not working is the host header which is not
added in IIS to the SharePoint Site.

Site would work fine without Alternate Access Mapping entry but it will log
an Topology error in appliction event logs and couple of Client Integration
features would not work.

Sunil [MSFT]
------=_NextPart_0001_A1C1F849

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Lisa,
\par
\par As DNS record is pointing to SharePoint Server, it is setup correctly.
\par
\par There are two things you might need to fix this:
\par
\par 1. Add the host header to IIS in the existing site.
\par IIS > Select the SharePoint site > Edit Bindings > Add
\par All unassigned
\par Port 80
\par Host Header: intranet
\par OK
\par
\par 2. Open SharePoint Central Administration site > Operation > Alternate Access Mappings
\par Select your site and Click on "Edit Public URL's"
\par Add your URL in Intranet zone as http://intranet
\par Click Save.
\par
\par Try to browse your site and it should work as expected.
\par
\par The reason why this site is not working is the host header which is not added in IIS to the SharePoint Site.
\par
\par Site would work fine without Alternate Access Mapping entry but it will log an Topology error in appliction event logs and couple of Client Integration features would not work.
\par
\par Sunil [MSFT]
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A1C1F849--

0
sunily

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Identifying Dublicate names and addresses in Exel data base and r.
How does one Identify dublicate Names in an Exel Data base and remove them H see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicate s http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateR ows >-----Original Message----- >How does one Identify dublicate Names in an Exel Data base and remove them >. > ...

What do you use Excel for?

How to insert an address from Outlook 2003 address book ?
Hello, 1) How to insert directly an address from Outlook 2003 address book ? I do not want to make of a mailing but only I want to inserer the fields of my address book punctually without having to pass by the phase of import / export of the address book. 2) How to add a "address book" button in the toolbar of Excel 2004? Thank you for your help !! ...

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy
I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server. All users have been created. When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back automatically. I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses. But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been created, you can then change on a user basis. I have users in the company that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some that use full name. I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those being 2000)...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...