deleted all users from a sub site

  • Follow

We created a sub site to test the different options available in SharePoint
as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause us
problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.

I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own sub
site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...

How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
(or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing with
the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site on
our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

Reply Utf 4/27/2010 4:45:01 PM

One method would be to go into Central Administration and create policy for
the Web Application that contains the site granting the needed permissions.
This will give you access to all sites in the web application, regardless of
the permission settings at the site level itself.

"H0MELY" <H0MELY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We created a sub site to test the different options available in
> SharePoint
> as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause
> us
> problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
> site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
> access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.
>
> I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own
> sub
> site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...
>
> How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
> (or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing
> with
> the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site
> on
> our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

Reply Daniel 4/27/2010 6:36:39 PM

Your second option is to add the user to the Site Collection Administrators
group. This will give them access to all sites in the collection.

"H0MELY" <H0MELY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We created a sub site to test the different options available in
> SharePoint
> as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause
> us
> problems.  For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the
> site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site.  when I request
> access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it.
>
> I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own
> sub
> site...yet I cannot see it or access it.  so I have two questions...
>
> How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do I add a user
> (or two) that will have access to it regardless of who has been messing
> with
> the permissions.  My manager should have access to every single sub site
> on
> our SharePoint site, I just haven't figured out how to make that happen.

Reply Daniel 4/27/2010 7:12:34 PM

(page loaded in 0.035 seconds)