Conditionally prevent a SharePoint list item from editing

Hello all,

I would like to implement the following functionality on a custom SharePoint
(WSS 3.0) list:

When a choice field on a list (always the same one) is set to one particular
value and the list item then saved, I would like to disable editing of this
item, so that it remains unchanged from then on. Other list items (if their
value of the choice field is different, of course), should be available for
editing.
What would be the best way to achieve this? Some Javascript that would
detect the value in the choice field and then disable/hide the fields (maybe
just the Save button)? Or some workflow?

I have one more question, nowhere near as important: I would like to
implement a filter/search functionality on a list but in such a way that a
user could select start date and/or end date and all the items in the list
that (in an appropriate field) have a value between those two dates would
then be shown as the filter/search result. How to achieve that?

Thank you very much in advance,
Hrvoje

0
Hrvoje

Without custom code, I don't how you would do this. SharePoint 2010
workflows will give you the ability to set permissions based upon a column
value, but in WSS 3.0, if possible, you'll need to code it.

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

"Hrvoje" <hrvojev@recro-net.hr> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to implement the following functionality on a custom
> SharePoint (WSS 3.0) list:
>
> When a choice field on a list (always the same one) is set to one
> particular value and the list item then saved, I would like to disable
> editing of this item, so that it remains unchanged from then on. Other
> list items (if their value of the choice field is different, of course),
> should be available for editing.
> What would be the best way to achieve this? Some Javascript that would
> detect the value in the choice field and then disable/hide the fields
> (maybe just the Save button)? Or some workflow?
>
> I have one more question, nowhere near as important: I would like to
> implement a filter/search functionality on a list but in such a way that a
> user could select start date and/or end date and all the items in the list
> that (in an appropriate field) have a value between those two dates would
> then be shown as the filter/search result. How to achieve that?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> Hrvoje

0
Daniel

adding items to calender
I have my budget all set up with the expenses and income. I go to the calender page and do the setup bills and deposits. When I enter a bill into the calender, it automatically adds it to my expense budget and I don't want it to, because I already have that item in the budget. Example: I have $95.00 budgeted for my PPL bill (electric). I go to the calnder, put the PPL bill on the 17th of the month(when it's due). I go back to my budget and now I have PPL listed twice for $95.00. If I erase it, it takes it off my calender. Someone please help and tell me what to do. Thank you. ...

where is the file list?
in my old wmp that came with xp (probably v9 or 10) on the right side of the screen was a list of files queued up...with names and running times. that computer died and i have a new windows 7 laptop...the new wmp is very confusing. when i use skin mode it looks familiar but i can't see the list! also, when i used to downlaod m3u files from archive.org grateful dead site, as each song downloaded, it would appear on the list. how can i access the now playing list while listening? or is that feature gone? (i don't always want to add things to my library...) Go back to Libr...

Today Conditional Format

Stay on current record to edit
I have a total of 4 forms, nested... f0Site, f1Customer, f2PlantSub, f3UnitSub On the main form (f0Site) I have an edit button that when clicked it sets all forms for edit. see below code Me!f1Customer.Form.AllowAdditions = True Me!f1Customer.Form!f2PlantSub.Form.AllowAdditions = True Me!f1Customer.Form!f2PlantSub.Form!f3UnitSub.Form.AllowAdditions = True Me.AllowEdits = True Me!f1Customer.Form.AllowEdits = True Me!f1Customer.Form!f2PlantSub.Form.AllowEdits = True Me!f1Customer.Form!f2PlantSub.Form!f3UnitSub.Form.AllowEdits = True If I am on a sub record of a sub form and click the Edit ...

probs with devising quote system from master list of products
Dear all, I would appreciate any help... I am working with a master price list of products (ColumnA) and uni prices (ColumnB) in a worksheet from which I would like to selec products with prices and compile into a customer specific quote in second worksheet...ideally I'd like to place a marker "X" in Column cells adjacent to the items I want adding to the quote, thus allowin me to review the selected items and then send all "selected" item (those with Xs adjacent to them) over into a second worksheet thereb compiling a quote... Worksheet1 - Product List Column A ...

Getting value from edit control?
How do I get the value from an edit control into its value CString variable? Also, how do I convert from CString to char* ? CString has an overload for LPCTSTR (which depends on whether you are compiled for Unicode or MBCS) so you can pass it pretty easily. If you need to access the buffer directly CString::GetBuffer() returns the pointer to the buffer. Call ReleaseBuffer() when you are done using that point (if you modify it). To assign and retrieve values with the edit control you should create a variable for the control and use UpdateData(). Open the dialog and right click on ...

Cannot add service fee like SHIPPING as a line item in RMA
Hi, all: I am working on a RMA project. There is an option on my webpage that says whether to charge customer the shipping fee. I have to pass this information in the Great Plains RMA transaction. But the shipping dept supervisor said there was no indicator in Great Plains RMA as to include or not the shipping fee. She said I can add Shipping as a line item in RMA. I tried it in Great Plains client and got an error that kit, service fee are not adjustable. Does anyone know how to pass shipping fee info to RMA in great plains? Thanks, George Wu George, It sounds to me like shipping...

Two Condition Vlookup?

The new View Lists in GP 8.0 are too slow with larger data sets.
The view lists are very slow to pull up a large set of records when you first open the window. After the window is populated, then the performance is fine. It would be nice to design this window to pull up the records with a single SQL query instead of getting a list of records with one query and then pulling each record individually with other queries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

Outlook 2007 "sent items" contents invisible
The "Sent Items " email folder in outlook 20007 refuses to display it's contents although I can make it display the number of emails that are present. I forced outlook to create a new pst file, then imported everything from the original pst, and the files re-appeared only to dissapear again the following day. Is there a setting that I've missed that could be causing this ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Les Blake Les Blake <blake.lesREMOVETHISFIRST@hotmail.com> wrote: > The "Sent Items " email folder in outlook 20007 refuses to display ...

List control selction and deselection
For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED, 0xFF) during Initialization For deslecting we need to insert item once again, ie mList.DeleteAllItems() mList.InsertItem() i know this is not a good method, but i didnt get any other options. if anyone know, pls let me know!!! Regards "johnWins" <johnsvakel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ccf2c5c-eb5c-46fd-9bd5-30d89d2048f6@v67g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > For selecting an item from a CListCtrl just call > > mList.SetItemState(iItem,LVIS_SELECTED | LV...

How do I associate task list with another calendar?
I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be reentered? "holyharvester" <holyharvester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A0249B2-3A52-43ED-9509-E65851724BD9@microsoft.com... >I have an extensive task list that shows in one calendar view. I would like > it to show in another. Can I associate it, or does it have to all be > reentered? You first: state your Outlook version. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Only the default task list dis...

Query condition by date range

questions on drop down list
Hello all!!im filling a dropdown list with results from a query as th code shows (i fill the drop down everytime i open the xls file), BU this dropdown keeps all information when i close the file and when run the code again the result is merged into the older, i need to clea the dropdown in this code before i fill it again!!! i tried .Clear bu excel says it doesnt belong to the object class..i dunno what to do > > Sub Auto_Open() > > Const strActiveConnection > "DSN=TURMALINA;Description=TURMALINA;;;APP=Microsoft Offic > 2003;WSID=GENERATOR;DATABASE=JDE_DEVELOPME...

Printing list of emails in Oulook Express
I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to find a way to print, an entire list of email reciepts, so I=20 >don't have to keep them. Can anyone help? >. > These Newsgroups address issues regarding MS Office Outlook. Outlook Express is a component of Windows/Internet Explorer. Post your question where the OE gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer ...

Conditional Field in Queries

Not in List Code
Is there some standard code I can use for a combo box when I need to add an item that does not show up in the list? Thanks in advance See: Adding values to lookup tables at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html The first option discussed in the article shows sample code. It's not generic, because the INSERT can vary so much. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "open a adobe file from a command button" <opena...

SQL Script to set item cost to highest cost for that item on any PO
What I need to do is set the current item cost (on the item properties page) for all my items to the highest cost for each item on any PO ever regardless of the PO status (closed, placed, etc) if it's not currently set to this already. Before I do this I would like to print out a list of changes that will be made. Can anybody help me with an SQL script for this (yes I will back up before doing anything!)? Alex, Assuming you are ok with 0 being set for a cost if the item has never been Ordered, here is a script that should work for you. UPDATE Item SET Cost = ISNULL( ( SELEC...

SOS !! White list on IMF v.2
It seems the white list on IMF v2 is not work any more. All the mails from the white list are still blocked by IMF v2, but it was by pass when using IMF V1. Anybody has any idea ? The mails are generated automatically from customer's program, now all are blocked by the IMF v2. Help ! Help ! Environment : Exchange server 2003 with SP2 running on Windows server 2003. You are using IP Accept lists right? Than check this known "issue" here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Inte...

Data Validation List Additions
I have a column where all the cells are set for data validation. The data is in a dynamic list. On occasion there will be a new entry appear which is not on the list but the data validation is set so that the entry can be made with a message appearing identifying that it is a new entry. There is an option via a procedure to go to the list and add the new entry so that it will be in the list if that entry should ever appear again. What I was wondering if it was possible to have a procedure, perhaps a cell change event to add any new entries every time they appeared without the user doing this h...

Conditional null value