How do you merge two multiple page publisher documents

I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two parts - the first half is
the "news" and the second half is compiled of event notices and fliers.  I
need to be able to join the two multi-page documents, both in Publisher, into
one complete document.  How do I do this?

There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint of
heart
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files, tile
them, drag and drop.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two
> parts - the first half is
> the "news" and the second half is compiled of event
> notices and fliers.  I
> need to be able to join the two multi-page documents,
> both in Publisher, into
> one complete document.  How do I do this?

2
Mary
5/28/2010 9:42:51 AM
Mary,
How about creating a PDF file of the first Publisher file, then a PDF
"appended" file of the second.

Don

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message

> There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint of heart
> http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm
>
> You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files, tile them, drag and drop.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>

> "SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two parts - the first half
>> is
>> the "news" and the second half is compiled of event notices and fliers.
>> need to be able to join the two multi-page documents, both in Publisher,
>> into
>> one complete document.  How do I do this?

0
Don
5/28/2010 11:43:28 AM
I always assume folks want to be able to edit the
files, your way is better if editing isn't an issue.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in
message
> Mary,
> How about creating a PDF file of the first Publisher
> file, then a PDF "appended" file of the second.
>
> Don
>

> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in
> message news:eaOMlok$KHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint
>> of heart
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm
>>
>> You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files,
>> tile them, drag and drop.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>

>> "SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>> I have a monthly newsletter that is created in two
>>> parts - the first half is
>>> the "news" and the second half is compiled of event
>>> notices and fliers. I
>>> need to be able to join the two multi-page
>>> documents, both in Publisher, into
>>> one complete document.  How do I do this?

0
Mary
5/28/2010 11:55:07 AM
Mary,

Good point.

>I always assume folks want to be able to edit the files, your way is better
>if editing isn't an issue.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> Mary,
>> How about creating a PDF file of the first Publisher file, then a PDF
>> "appended" file of the second.
>>
>> Don
>>

>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> There are a couple of ways here, not for the faint of heart
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm
>>>
>>> You can copy/paste or open both Publisher files, tile them, drag and
>>> drop.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>

>>> "SanDee" <SanDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Don

two lists
I have two lists in separate worksheets. The data is almost identical. There is a column for ID and a column for a post code. I need to be able to put all the data into one sheet with three columns. One will list the the IDs and the others will put the two postcodes next to each other. Unfortunately, some IDs only appear in one sheet, some in the other and some are in both. So I will have some records complete and some partial complete. I have tried to use a look-up but I have confused myself. help! bazblazer, I'm not sure I've actually heard a question. I've made an example. ...

How to get two different grouped pivot tables from the same data table?
Hi, I have one data sheet that looks like this: Date Value (=80) 2008-02-01 450 .. .. .. 2009-06-03 From the data sheet (Data) I have created a pivot table grouped by months and years (Pivot 1) with the sum of value. That is no problem. But later when I create one more sheet where I want the data to be grouped by weeks (Pivot 2) the grouping changes in Pivot 1 to weeks too. Does anyone know how to get around this? How can you get for example get one pivot graph showing the sum per week and one per month in the same Excel file using grouping on...

When you move a document to a folder how do u retrieve it back?
How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? Open the folder and open the document - use Save As to save to a different location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, SteveG asked: | How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? ...

Embedding outlook elements in a web page
Hi, I am currently doing some development for a corporate portal and I have a couple of questions about embedding outlook in a portlet. The solution I have found is to use the outlook view activex control in the portlet, but this doesnt really give me what I need. What I would like is to have kind of a summary showing emailaddress, number of unread messages in the inbox, number of open tasks, etc for the logged on user. The activex control only gives me the entire view of the inbox, calendar, etc. So, can the outlook view control be used to show a summary, like Outlook Today, on a webpage or ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

How can I run two powerpoint sessions?
I want to compare two power point presentations on a system with two monitors. Each monitor would have a powerpoint session running so that I could see them side by side. I do not want to run both power point presentation in one session as this, even when maximised only fills one monitor and there is no enough screen space to see the two presentatiosn side by side. This is easily done in both Word and Excell simply by starting a new sessin when the firts one ins minimused. But I cant seem toget Power point to follow suite. With the first presentation minimized, Hold down the ...

Can I do a relationship within the page for ER
hi all, I'm having difficulty where I need to draw my database structure in visio. Using ER design, how I'm going to interlink or make a relationship within the pages. Where each page represent each system. Each page(system) will interrelashionship bvy each others. Anyone can help. Masita ...

Word mail merge

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Cannot access read-only documents.
I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily that I can no longer access. I tried to access these files and I get the following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"". I am on Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files. None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General Tab. Also, there is no longer an author for these three files. All the rest that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General, Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall ...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

how to combine multiple versions of single spreadsheet?
Well, the doomsday scenario has happened - two colleagues working on the same spreadsheet fail to communicate. Each has updated a project tracking sheet at the same time so we now have two new versions. Is there a way of Excel combining the latest data out of each sheet? To clarify: Person X opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version B Person Y opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version C There is a lot of work entailed in updating the sheets but luckily persons X and Y have their own projects so they do not update the same information. Is there a way to c...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Web Site using publisher 2003
We created a website page on Blue Host using publisher2003. It opens fine with Explorer 7 but wont open all items with 8....any thoughts? You'll get better answers here, post your URL, it is always helpful. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D331B8A7-ECAD-4DC1-AF4E-A1B453583120@microsoft.com... > We created a website page on...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Split "Firstname Lastname" text box into two columns, Multiple Aut
Hello, I've got a bibliography data base I'm trying to set up and would like to enter a name, "John Smith" into my form and have it add an entry into my Authors table as Column 1 - John, Column 2, Smith. Also, there are sometimes mulitple authors on any given paper. How can I enter mulitple authors for the same paper? Below is the VBA, SQL code I've been trying to work from. I get an error, "Number of query values and destination fields are not the same" when I try to run it. But it still would 't solve the mulitple author problem even if it wo...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

When sending doc in publisher 2007 the task bar is also shown
When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:11:01 -0700, Dean.C <Dean.C @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc >and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want >the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it That's under the control of the recipien...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Security in Document Control
Hi experts, Could you tell me what facility Excel has for document control. I am aware of sheet protection and passwording etc but is there any way of doing the following: 1. Making the file unsavable (even with a different file name) so changes can be made, printed out and submitted for inclusion in the master file. 2. Having the file self delete after a certain period of time. I just only want one copy of this file in existence, bar backups. thank you Lisa Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel A Boolean) If SaveAsUI = True Then MsgBox "Restriction ...

Can I overlap only two of four data series in Excel Column Chart?
I'm trying to show a range on two of the four data series. Currently if I selected data series and overlap then it will overlap all four data series. Perhaps you want a stacked column chart. The bottom value in the stack would be the minimum value of the range, and the top would be the max minus the min. Format the bottom element to hide it (no border, no area fill), and the remaining stacked item floats from the bottom to the top of the range. Check the link below for more information. Floating column charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html - Jon ----...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...