How do I tile a Text watermark in Publisher?

I'm trying to put a watermark throughout a page in Publisher. I understand
how to create the watermark, but, not how to tile it.

Save the Watermark as a picture. Format, background, click More backgrounds,
browse to your Watermark. This will tile, you may have to do some adjusting of
the size of the image.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"jct734" <jct734@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to put a watermark throughout a page in Publisher. I understand
> how to create the watermark, but, not how to tile it.

0
Mary

How do you make text diagonal in a text box?
How can you change the orientation of text to 45 degrees in a text box? Only option appears to be 90 degrees. You can rotate the text box 45 degrees. Right-click the text box, format text box, size tab. You can rotate WordArt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "elainec04" <elainec04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2847D50-AA44-4EDF-B6CF-F928DC06FE43@microsoft.com... > How can you change the orientation of text to 45 degrees in a text box? Only > option appears to be 90 degree...

TEXT BOX HELP
I have office XP on my computer. When using text boxes, my computer locks up. Is there a fix? I have deleted the program and reinstalled and still have the problem Hi Karen (ksutton@edmurdocksuperstores.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I have office XP on my computer. When using text boxes, || my computer locks up. Is there a fix? I have deleted the || program and reinstalled and still have the problem Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encounterin...

opening Publisher files #3
I can't open my saved Publisher files. I've had this problem before and technical support guided me through this, but I don't remember how. When I try to open a previously saved Publisher file, a dialog box appears that says, "Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file on your hard drive or floppy disk." How do I recover this file? What version Publisher? Windows? What happens when you double-click the file in Windows Explorer? Is the file on a floppy or CD? If so drag it to your hard drive. Right-...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

sequential text and numbers problem
I am trying to save myself an incredible amount of time and could use some help. I am listing a series of cell and need a formula so that I dont have to type each the value. The sequence is as such (the "+" is strictly text and has no mathematical function: 0+73, 0+78, 0+83, 0+88, 0+93, 0+98, 1+03, 1+08, 1+13,... The numbers before and after the "+" change per document but the number after the "+" always increases by 5. Note that the number before the "+" increases by 1 once the numbers after the "+" exceed 100 (so that there...

How to insert text into a cell
I have a sheet full of dates exported from an accounting software package. The dates are in the following format yyyymmdd as in 19810305 for March 5, 1981. What I need to do is change the look of the cell from 19810305 to 03/05/1981. Can someone help me with this. P.S. I tried to format the cells as a date but it just gives me a bunch of #### crap. Thanks BEN Hi Benjamin One way, with your date value in A1 would be =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) Change reference accordingly and copy down the sheet. -- Regards Roger Govier "Benjamin Riley" <Benjamin Riley@di...

Doesnt always reply with plain text
How do I force all my e-mail replies to be in plain text? Sometimes they do and other times they do not. Everyone I deal with are going to plain text messages to help thwart spam. What are the settings for this? Thanks. George You would need to change the settings manually because the reply is governed by the incoming format, to change the format manually check out the Options button "George in Seattle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a91801c43632$19883c80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I force all my e-mail replies to be in plain text? >...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

Can I tile worksheets within a workbook, like one tiles workbooks.
It would often be very convenient to have two or more sheets from the same workbook displayed at the same time (tiled). One can do this with workbooks, but I cant seem to find a way to do it with worksheets within a workbook. Window>New window. Tile these and one set up with one sheet and one another. Two views of the same file. To close, close one window with the 'close' button, maximise the remaining one and save -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tovarish_Dad" <Tovarish_Dad@discussions.mi...

Publisher 2007 03-07-10
Hello-- I am a newbie to creating a website and need help with a few things!! Have searched the Publisher discussion posts with all the key words I can think of but no luck... I have created a multipage website and am getting ready to put it up on-line. However, the graphics for a couple of the pages won't be ready for another week or two and I did not want to wait to put the website on line and see what it all looks like. My question: How can I block public on-line access to a couple of my website pages but still have administrator access for myself? Is this possible...

Pivot text data
Is there a way to organize data based on text fields. Here is what I am trying to do. I have two columns of data, for example, consider the data below: _Day_ _Time_ _Subject_ Saturday 4pm Call you Sunday 5 pm Call me I want to create a pivot report from this data. So that the data would look like this: _Saturday_ _Sunday_ 4 pm Call you 5pm Call me -- sheikhzada ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sheikhza...

How do I register Publisher again on my new computer?
I registered the software online on my old computer, it crashed, I'm installing it on my new computer but online registration says "it's already been registered" and I can't get anyone on the phone...I hold forever. What can I do? I have a legitimate copy sitting here! Please email me at aimelise on Yahoo. Amy wrote: > I registered the software online on my old computer, it > crashed, I'm installing it on my new computer but online > registration says "it's already been registered" and I > can't get anyone on the phone...I hold for...

delete highlighted text and more
how do I delete a highlighted selection using the backspace button and then continue using the backspace without clicking the mouse? I found a lot of threads that address the first part of the question (checking the "typing replaces selection" box in options/edit tab. However, my issue is that I want to continue deleting text by hitting the backspace button. The cursor seems to be limited to the position of the selected text. I have to move the cursor position after deleting the selection (with the backspace button).... I recall that this is possible because i do this ...

How to remove text strings that exceed a certain value within specified range.
I've been looking for a soultion for my issue for some time now and was very happy to find the following resolution posted a little over a year ago. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const nMAX As Long = 910 Dim rCell As Range Set Target = Intersect(Target, Columns(1)) If Not Target Is Nothing Then For Each rCell In Target With rCell If Len(.Text) > nMAX Then MsgBox "The text in cell " & _ .Address(False, False) & ...

Button Text
Can you change the text of a dialog button during run time ? There doesn't seem to be anything about doing it under the MSDN CButton help... -- Lordy "Lordy" <spam@recycle.bin> wrote in message news:MPG.1a8f677777d87d9a989918@text.news.ntlworld.com... > Can you change the text of a dialog button during run time ? I think you can use SetWindowText. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] As mentioned by Jeff, you can use SetWindowText. CButton is derived from CWnd and SetWindowText is a public method in CWnd. Alternativcely, you can use SendMessage w/WM_SETTEXT. -- Ajay K...

outlook viewable text size
Hi- I have an issue where the viewable text size in Outlook is too large- when I open a msg, its normal, what everyone typically sees. But when I create a new msg or reply or fwd an existing msg, the viewable size gets huge. The font size stays the same (eg, 11), but in my msg it appears to be size 64 (font format stays 11 though). Its like looking at a normal sized font through a giant magnifying glass. This first happened when I was editing the viewable size in Word (all apps 2007 on Vista x64). Alt-tab back to Outlook and I must have moved my mouse scroll bar and the font view ...

how to change what text and feilds r sent as a "return Receipt"
Would like to change what is sent when I send a Return Receipt to someone. can't seem to find this anywhere i any documentation Splash wrote: > Would like to change what is sent when I send a Return Receipt to someone. > can't seem to find this anywhere i any documentation The sender of an e-mail with the headers requesting a "read/delivery receipt" cannot specify how that acknowledgement e-mail is composed. Ok, Where is this information pulled from? At two locations email is sent and recieved. when sent from M1 a reead receipt is requested. At M2 the m...

Text to Columns issue
Hi, The accounting program that I use does not have a well formatted excel download, so it is better to dump the data into notepad and then format it. I have created a macro to do the formatting for me. The only trouble is that if I open excel, and I run the macro, if I want to put new data in the file to run the macro on, excel has already converted the data to columns, and my macro no longer works correctly. The only way I can fix it, and have all of the data show up in column A (with | as a delimiter) is close the entire program and launch it again. Does anyone know ho...

how to repeat text
how do I format cells to repeat text after first letter entered - sometimes it does AFAIK, you cannot format a cell to do it. it automatically does this i the entries match with some other entry entered earlier in a contiguou region along the column -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 Hi do you mean the autocompletion feature. If yes it works only if the other entry i...

how to convert a number to text
how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Gary''s Student "CQ" wrote: > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks Hi CQ, You have also received responses to two ogf yoiu previous posts. --- Regards, Norman "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3D953E-19C9-4980-8E93-FA4F2AF3E3C4@microsoft.com... > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks What...

Converting Publisher Files to Adobe InDesign or Other?
Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? Thanks. Nope. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146353310.179083.53630@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe > format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? > > > Thanks. > Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the other format... "ingenious" <chaysster@gmai...

Formatting Numbers as text
We are having a problem with numbers stored as text in Excel 2002. If a cell is explicitly formatted as text, and a number is inserted; then automatic error checking inserts a comment indicating that the number is stored as text and offering to fix it. The fact that this is not an error and the field is actually a text field containing numeric information is immaterial to Excel, it wants to fix the problem for us. On a bright note, however, is that it recognizes the field as text. If a cell is not explicitly formatted as text, and a number is inserted; then Excel assumes that it is a number....

Excel
Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. Can text be typed into a cell with control characters that will force this type of formating? -- mwaller If I understood your question correctly - you might try hitting Alt+Enter in order to go to a new line in the same cell Micky "mwaller" wrote: > Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats > including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. > Can text be typed into a cell with control charac...

trying to email with publisher
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

tile window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All. Then fiddle them manually. Otherwise, you need an AppleScript: http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187 Or a utility: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html Cheers On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote: &...