How do I blur /soften the edges of a photograph on publisher

I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??

Home Publishing and Publisher are two different programs. You will need a
photo editing program to do that. I recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements but
there are others.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
> Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
> section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
> result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
> photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??

0
JoAnn
11/11/2009 5:57:50 PM
If you have Word 2007 there is a soften edge utility for photos. Once you
soften the edges you can copy/paste into Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
> Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
> section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
> result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
> photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??

1
Mary

Problemen met Publisher converteren naar PDF voor professionele publikaties / problems with converting publisher files to PDF for commercial professional printing use
We experience problems with converting publisher files to PDF. We us MS publisher 2003 with the Acrobat Distiller. Our printing company continuously experiences problems accepting our pdf. We use EPS. Is there anybody there that has experienced the same problem and found a solution? We ondervinden problemen met het converteren van bestanden van MS publisher 2003 icm Acrobat distiller naar pdf formaat. Onze drukker kan met de pdf vrij weinig beginnen en moet elke keer losse bestanden ontvangen en geheel opnieuw gaan opmaken. Heeft iemand hier ervaing mee? Simon SiScho <simon.schoonen@per...

Publisher 97 #5
I have Windows XP and installed my old version of Publisher 97 but it won't read all the pictures on the disk to add to a publication. Does XP have a problem reading older versions even after they have been installed. I have the same problem with other Office products. There are no issues whatsoever in installing Publisher 97 on XP, or for that matter older versions of Office. I would suggest it is an issue with your CD Rom. Try copying the whole installation CD to your hard drive and install from there and see how you go. -- ...

how do I take off the double spacing in publisher
how do I take off the double spacing in publisher High-light your text, format menu, paragraph -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gb" <gb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0695A413-3720-4A33-9EBC-F39F6F9940A0@microsoft.com... > how do I take off the double spacing in publisher ...

Publish with errors
received this error message when publishing changes. Error: cannot find root path for _xslfiles ?? Any thoughts. The file is there in inetpub/wwwroot ...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

Publisher 2000 #5
will Publisher 2000 work with Office XP and Windows XP? Sure will, no issues at all. If for any reason you have any issues, don't hesitate to post back. -- ...

What about Publisher and Frontpage??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am an ex-PC user wondering why Microsoft hasn't made a version of Publisher and Frontpage for Mac. The Macintosh Business Unit is considerably smaller than the team that is responsible for Windows Office. Furthermore, the user base of Mac Office is considerably smaller than that for Windows Office, meaning that more applications can be developed on Windows as there are far more resources available to them. This implies that the MacBU cannot simply port every single application that is part of Windows Office; they ...

blurred pictures
a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any picture) it appears blurred. Go to print preview and it's fine. It also prints ok. I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred, any ideas please? TIA View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't do it, have your friend update his video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:ccofln$i78...

publisher won't comunicate with my printer
Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. What error message do you get? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard > to utter: > > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. > > What error message do you get? > > -- > Ed Bennett - MVP M...

printing booklet from publisher
I have put together a booklet on publisher. I have printed each page double sided however the middle page is blank. How do I re-format the document so that I have text on the middle page. (its a church booklet) Did you do a page setup? File Page setup Special fold Landscape OK Then Publisher will ask you if you want to add 4 pages at a time, answer Yes. As you build your booklet, and you "Insert" pages, it will add four pages at a time. (Above is based on Publisher 2000) -- Don Vancouver USA "Mon" <Mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Sending Publisher 2003 emails through Outllook 2007?
I am trying to send an email generated in publisher 2003 through my Outlook which is 2007. Publisher 2003 will only allow me to send as an attachment. I would like it to be the body of the email. I've check Outlook set up and it should allow for this as it is set as the default program for emails, etc. on the Option / other tab. The version's have to match for some reason it only works if its Pub 2003 & Outlook 2003, and Pub 2007 & Outlook 2007. That being said, its still much better to send it as an attached pdf file, it's the best way to make sure everyone will...

installing publisher 2000
I have a replacement computer with XP and office 2000 installed for my student daughter. I'm trying to install my copy of publisher 2000 but get an error message that publisher cannot find vreg.dll and so cannot install. a search shows the file is in office directory. how do I proceed ...

Word blurs inserted images
Inserted images appear blurred (on screen and in an HTML "save as" form). I am trying to explicitly show pixellated images... but Word blurs everything... it seems to be "trying to help" by anti-aliasing, or something. I've searched for a setting to swtich off but can not find one. Thank you. ...

What extensions can I (save as) in Microsoft Publisher?
I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save as so I can open it??? ..doc .htm??? Thanks Dave djam wrote: >I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save > as so I can open it??? > .doc .htm??? > Thanks > Dave ======================== Maybe your friend would be willing to create a .pdf file for you: Ask the friend to try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and s...

Publisher #69
When will it put online service not as just as software two install it wood great service online. You might make a suggestion to Microsoft. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suggestions.aspx?sitename=CL100570201033&type=0 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "star" <star@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF321FD-D643-45E0-9E4C-F4B318415EBC@microsoft.com... > When will it put online service not as just as software two install it wood > great service online. ...

How to set Outlook as default mail client for Publisher
I have created a document for email merge. When I try to email it gives me the error message To send a publication as an email message you must install and configure Microsoft office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later) as the default email program on your computer. After you configure the email program restart Publisher for the changes to take effect. I am running Outlook and Publisher 2007. I have set Outlook as the email default in Internet options and also within Outlook. Do you have Contact Manager? Help here, although I doubt the articles address t...

Publisher published website content appears on far right only
Does anyone know why when I publish my website using Publisher all of my content 'appears off screen' (ie: all of the content is there but you have to scroll a complete screen width right in order to see it) ? There are no other formatting problems (ie: although shifted right it appears as expected). Publisher preview displays correctly (ie: appears on left hand side as expected). If you would like to see what I mean the site is at www.salesdirectorplus.com Many thanks. Your page starts to load on the left, until GoDaddy starts to load. It appears that GoDaddy may be framing y...

Error when publishing
When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the home page. How can i correct this? thanks, -- Suki Arts by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page in the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server is set up for. what is the file name of your "home" page? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Suki arts" <Sukiarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73E49EC8-3B22-4182-99AB-F56B50CDCB16@microsoft.com... > When i pu...

clipart won't print & Publisher crashing
Hi there This is my first time posting to a group like this, and I'm not a techybod, so please bear with me ... I'm having problems printing clipart using Publisher 97 (from SBE Office 97) on Windows XP Home Edition. What happens is that each time we print something using Publisher, everything will print out ok (including clipart) but we immediately get the "a serious error has occurred and Publisher has to shut down" message. If you then go into Publisher again and print again, the clipart doesn't print - there's just a blank space where the clipart should be (al...

How do you soften edges of a photo?
How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? LBFRD wrote: > How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? ======================== Use digital image editing software. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk LBFRD wrote: > How do you soften or blur the edges of a photo? Using a graphics program. The latest version of Microsoft Digital Image somethi...

publisher cannot open the file #7
We saved a file in Publisher on the network. It's a template we've used for several months. When we tried to open the file again, Publisher detected a problem with the file and stated that if the file could be trusted select OK. Then it could not open the file. Tried the .TMP file, differnet machines, copying, and renaming - no luck. The file is there, but cannot open. Is there a recvovery tool available? Publisher doesn't play well with networks. You could try moving the file to a local drive. No guarantees but it's worth trying. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Pub...

Publisher 2000 #47
Will Pub 2000 run on Vista? And, can I load/run it on the same PC along with Office Student 2003? I have Publisher 2000 running on Vista. I'd suggest creating a new folder and installing Publisher there. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bill7278" <Bill7278@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB07D607-7240-46DD-A986-F0354DF2F6A8@microsoft.com... > Will Pub 2000 run on Vista? And, can I load/run it on the same PC along with > Office Student 2003? ...

How do I get color to the edge of the paper on a poster?
I am making a poster in Publisher, but the color in the picture that takes up half the page is not going to the edges of the paper so it is making a white uneven border around the picture. How can I get the picture and the color to go right to the edges of the paper so that there is no white around it? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. What version Publisher? What are the poster dimensions? Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Publisher wizards
When I start publisher 2000, the microsoft publisher catalog opens and informs me that the wizard files were not installed and to run setup agian to install. The problem is that when I try to run setup, it does not work. If I try re-adding the media content, it goes through the motions and says it's complete. I start publisher and I get the same issue. If I try to repair the install, it keeps asking for Disk 2. I have multiple disk 2's from various purchased of the program and it continues to look for Disk 2. Any clues guys? OFF2000: Error Message: The Feature You Ar...

blurred images
Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture that appears is very blurred. It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or what? please help View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or The fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8231D3CF-7C99-487A-A28F-E7A8CF9B0945@microsoft.com...