How do I blur /soften the edges of a photograph on publisher

  • Follow

I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??
0
Reply Utf 11/11/2009 5:50:01 PM

Home Publishing and Publisher are two different programs. You will need a
photo editing program to do that. I recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements but
there are others.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
> Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
> section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
> result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
> photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??

0
Reply JoAnn 11/11/2009 5:57:50 PM

If you have Word 2007 there is a soften edge utility for photos. Once you
soften the edges you can copy/paste into Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to blur or soften the edges of some of my photographs. My old
> Home Publisher used to do this as there was a "soften" option in the EDIT
> section. I have worked out how to use the fill effects to get  a similar
> result but it doesn't seem to work on inserted photos or when I insert a
> photo into an auto shape. Any suggestions??

0
Reply Mary 11/11/2009 6:26:43 PM

(page loaded in 0.002 seconds)

Reply: