Embed Video in Publisher Newsletter

  • Follow

Hello

Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if anyone
knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I currently
put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the document
itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length of
the video), but I would still like to proceed.

Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I leave
this question to the experts to discuss.

Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 11/27/2009 5:18:03 PM

If you do find a way to embed the video it has two drawbacks; the file may
exceed email limitations and not be sent and if it could be sent would
impose an extended downloading time. The receivers of your email may find
this annoying.  I think you have the right idea to have a link in the email
to a downloadable video file.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

\
"Shaddock123" <Shaddock123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if
> anyone
> knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
> Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I
> currently
> put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the
> document
> itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length
> of
> the video), but I would still like to proceed.
>
> Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I leave
> this question to the experts to discuss.
>
> Thanks!

0
Reply Don 11/27/2009 6:06:54 PM

simplest way; put the video up on YouTube, use YouTube's provided embed code

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> If you do find a way to embed the video it has two drawbacks; the file may
> exceed email limitations and not be sent and if it could be sent would
> impose an extended downloading time. The receivers of your email may find
> this annoying.  I think you have the right idea to have a link in the
> email to a downloadable video file.
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>
> \
> "Shaddock123" <Shaddock123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if
>> anyone
>> knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
>> Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I
>> currently
>> put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the
>> document
>> itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length
>> of
>> the video), but I would still like to proceed.
>>
>> Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I
>> leave
>> this question to the experts to discuss.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Reply Rob 11/28/2009 2:25:06 PM

(page loaded in 0.043 seconds)