Embed Video in Publisher Newsletter

Hello

Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if anyone
knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I currently
put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the document
itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length of
the video), but I would still like to proceed.

Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I leave
this question to the experts to discuss.

Thanks!

If you do find a way to embed the video it has two drawbacks; the file may
exceed email limitations and not be sent and if it could be sent would
impose an extended downloading time. The receivers of your email may find
this annoying.  I think you have the right idea to have a link in the email
to a downloadable video file.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

\
"Shaddock123" <Shaddock123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if
> anyone
> knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
> Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I
> currently
> put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the
> document
> itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length
> of
> the video), but I would still like to proceed.
>
> Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I leave
> this question to the experts to discuss.
>
> Thanks!

0
Don
11/27/2009 6:06:54 PM
simplest way; put the video up on YouTube, use YouTube's provided embed code

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> If you do find a way to embed the video it has two drawbacks; the file may
> exceed email limitations and not be sent and if it could be sent would
> impose an extended downloading time. The receivers of your email may find
> this annoying.  I think you have the right idea to have a link in the
> email to a downloadable video file.
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000�
> Vancouver, USA
>
> \
> "Shaddock123" <Shaddock123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> Here is what I want to do.  Wondering if Publisher can do this, or if
>> anyone
>> knows software that can (or assist).  I produce a company newsletter in
>> Publisher, convert it to pdf format and e-mail it out monthly.  I
>> currently
>> put links in the document, but would like to have a video within the
>> document
>> itself.  I realize the file size would be large (depending on the length
>> of
>> the video), but I would still like to proceed.
>>
>> Can Publisher do this?  Will it work when it is converted to pdf?  I
>> leave
>> this question to the experts to discuss.
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Rob

Updated KB Article: Publisher 2003 (834915)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834915 This article describes a Prepress problem when you print to a RIP or to a workstation where page numbers are printed as Page 1 or as Unknown. This article provides a workaround to print each page range as a separate file with distinctive file names. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org ...

Microsoft Publisher Disc #2
How do I install my publisher disc if I have inadvertently misplaced or lost the correct key? Which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "SERGEANT MAJOR RUFF" <SERGEANT MAJOR RUFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C3AFD5-035B-49ED-B50F-BB716A22C449@microsoft.com... > How do I install my publisher disc if I have inadvertently misplaced or > lost > the correct key? If your release is recent, you can download, install and run Belard Advisor. http://www.belarc.com Good luck! "SERGEANT MAJOR RUFF" <SER...

publisher 2003 cannot save..
Hi Guys my daughter's school project, four simple pages, will not save to either USB or hard drive under various names. dialogue box says "publisher cannot save this file" no further comment... useful! It has previously saved to both the USB and the HD, so not sure what has changed. Other apps seem to save as normal. COmputer is a Dell 6400 notebook with Windows XP sp2. THanks, Geoff in Brisbane. Is Publisher activated? Publisher will balk at saving to removable media. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Ma...

How to let Embed Excel WorkSheet support Excel Addins?
Hi Gurus I wrote an application which has an embed excel table. I tried to allow user using "Solver" and "Data Analysis" addins when they working on this table. But when I click on "Solver", it will report an runtime error and "Data Analysis" just do nothing(No dialog popup). I tested this two addins on Microsoft Word (by insert a Excel Table in word document), same problem happened. Is this mean embed excel worksheet can not using Addins? Is there any solution on this? Robin Thanks "Robin Wei" <robin@softwaresecure.com> д���ʼ� ...

PocketPC / Windows Mobile Version of Publisher
Is there a PocketPC / Windows Mobile program that would allow me to view Publisher documents on my handheld device? - Thanks, JRD No -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "John R. Dougherty" <JohnRDougherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58ADAD0-DE1E-44AC-802C-EE5F2ACDC260@microsoft.com... > Is there a PocketPC / Windows Mobile program that would allow me to view > Publisher documents on my handheld device? > > - Thanks, > > JRD John R. Dougherty wrote: > Is ...

embed dialog into another dialog
how can be done? thanks what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog just like you would open it from another application. "Mastupristi" <cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net> wrote in message news:20040728165812.00003ab8.cialdi_NO_SP@M_firenze.net... > how can be done? > > thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:50 -0400 "Dave" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > what do you mean 'embed'??? you can open a dialog from another dialog > just like you would open it from another application. I mean that I wand to define 2 dia...

Wordart in Publisher problem
When using wordart on a blank publication and I insert text in the wordart frame. When I return to the blank publication the text does not appear and the frame appears as an envelope shape. The text is replaced by a cross of dashed lines within the frame outline. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Joan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > The text is replaced by a cross of dashed lines within > the frame outline. Try View > Picture Display > Detailed Display > OK -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps...

Opening Publisher 2002 Files
When trying to open a file in a terminal server environment I get the following error. Microsoft Publisher: The file s:\04a.pub cannot be opened. Access privileges have not been given. Publisher 2002 is installed on both Windows 2000 Terminal Servers. Is the file on a network drive? If so, try copying it over to your local drive. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Senior Systems Engineer" <Senior Systems Engineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD4330E-A551-4110-8291-CA117D71FE6B@microsoft.com... > When trying to open a file in a termin...

black backgrounds for video windows
Hi I have made a video for my website in Q Time. When the video opens the 'video box' or 'window' of the actual video, smaller than the screen , opens onto a white background/screen. All the pages of my website are on black background. I can't seem to figure out how to have the video open and play on a black window. Can anyone help? If it would help to see what I'm talking about my website is clarissalewis.com 1. Once you land on the first page, please click "gallery" 2. within the gallery page please click on the second image in the le...

EMBED
How do I copy my chart into a NEW workbook using the EMBED formula? Thanks, FLKulchar You don't, you copy it and paste it. The pasted chart will still be linked to the old data source, so if you want to plot different data in the copied chart, you need to do it a bit differently. Copy the chart and its source data, the whole worksheet, then paste the new data onto the copied worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "F. Lawrence Kulchar" <FLawrenceKulchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

publisher calendar template
I need a template that will allow me to put a yearly calendar (2007 currently) on the back of a business card template (i.e. two sided or even as one part of a folded card template. I'm currently using Pub 2003 but am thinking of the 07 upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated Mike One here, scroll down http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Added not to request" <Addednottorequest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E708E3-E90F-48...

how do i cut and render a video clip in powerpoint
how do i cut and render a video clip in powerpoint -- bridget-one Can you please clarify what you're trying to do? PPT 2007 and prior don't offer any video editing capabilities. 2010 does. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:110FA70C-5630-4647-8BFC-8A8D36B22FF8@microsoft.com... > how do...

Publisher #41
I am unable to insert an Inline picture and wrap text around it. What am I doing wrong? ...

"Publisher cannot complete the operation"
Hello. I posted this in another discussion and was advised that this group would be a better place to ask the following question. So Apologies for cross posting. I'm having a problem using the wizard in Publisher 2000 "Publisher cannot complete the operation" I have Windows XP Home SP3 MS Office 2000 Professional 512MB RAM 35GB Free space on HDD This has only started after Windows Service pack 3 was installed. It was ok with Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP2 I even check for Ms Office 2000 updates once a month, just installed the latest updates yesterday in the hope tha...

Embed GetOpenFileName
Hello, Is it possible to embed GetOpenFileName[dialog] and/or SHGetBrowseForFolder[dialog] into a window/dialog? If yes, could anyone please show some light in this matter! Thanks! _______________________________________________________________________ ...

Embed Sounds
I want to embed a wav file and get it to play without loading Media Player or at least open it minimized. The background music plays without assist so I figured you might be able to play a sound via a hotspot. Probably did not give enough information. This question relates to a web site page. "Herb Mann" wrote: > I want to embed a wav file and get it to play without loading Media Player or > at least open it minimized. The background music plays without assist so I > figured you might be able to play a sound via a hotspot. ...

How to make a MS Publisher file into an Ebook
I have created a manual in publisher and would like to make it into an ebook so that my customers can view it on their computer or download it from my website. Is there any program available that I can transfer or open the file in to create the Ebook? Thanks in advance There is Microsoft Reader. There is developer information here: http://www.microsoft.com/reader/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "RV Refrigeration" <RV Refrigeration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A7F4F0B-0781-4F90-BDB2-0F6783945453@microsoft.com... >I have created a manual i...

Publisher keeps signing off
I use Publisher Deluxe 2002 and it keeps signing off, without allowing me to save what I've done. Any suggestions are appreciated. technicallychallenged wrote: > I use Publisher Deluxe 2002 and it keeps signing off, without > allowing me to save what I've done. Any suggestions are appreciated. More detail is required. What does "signing off" mean? Is it closing without warning? Are there any errors? What happens when you attempt to save? Please post back with more details. One last question are all your drivers up-to-date (particularly your graphics and printer ...

Embed Powerpoint show into a Video
I know that I can put a video into a Powerpoint presentation; however, is it possible to embed a powerpoint presenation into a video? I know how to film a presentation, but I don't know how to embed a presentation! "pointspro1" <pointspro1@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 3CD90BD1-0F96-445C-B552-76527C0B61BB@microsoft.com... >I know that I can put a video into a Powerpoint presentation; however, is >it > possible to embed a powerpoint presenation into a video? Any special way of filming it or just a video camera and ...

MS Publisher 98
Hi all, I have MS-Publisher, but I'am notr sure if it is wise to install in Win XP (home or pro). I couldn't find any help in Microsoft homepages. Could anyone help me with this? Bronson Hi Bronson (aaro_eskola@hotmail.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have MS-Publisher, but I'am notr sure if it is wise to || install in Win XP (home or pro). I couldn't find any help || in Microsoft homepages. Could anyone help me with this? Bronson, Publisher 98 will work flawlessly on Windows XP Home and Professional. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Pub...

Publish to a website
I need to autopublish my Excel workbooks when I save the workbook. However, the publish features will only save my workbook in a small window on the web page (maybe 800 by 600). I want the workbook to fill the whole screen in the web page similar to a normal looking Excel workbook. I'm using 1024*768 monitor. I have set the screen size to 1024 and 96pt in the Excel, tools, web options. If I save the workbook as a web page the web page looks as needed. However, if I use the publish button to enable autopublish it again defaults back to the small size. Couldn't find any he...

How do I restore a deleted File Menu button in Publisher?
All Menus have a File and Tools Menu button from which one then makes more selections relating to these respective buttons. Somehow i have deleted these two major buttons on the Publisher Menu bar and don't know how to restore them. Help? I have tried everything I can think of. I feel very silly... What version Publisher? In early versions of Publisher there are only two options, standard and formatting. In 2003 and 2002 right-click the any tool bar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag file and tools to the menu bar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsof...

Publisher 2007 #6
Publisher 2007 allows you to save groups of items to the content library. Is there a way to share this content library with other users on a network ? ...

Embed a Manifest
Hi all, To embed a manifest into an application, we only create a file with content as below, then add that file into resource of project in VC++? Anything more? <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"> <security> <requestedPrivileges> <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"/> </requestedPrivileges> </security> </trustInfo> </assembly> "...

Writing a book in Microsoft Publisher
I am currently writing a book using Microsoft Publisher and wanted to know how to link the pages of the book together. \the only provisions in publisher is to link four pages together and this does not work for something that is above that number of pages. Since this is named Publisher, I figured one could at least use it to write small or large pubications, with out have to go through ninety gyrations. I need help, or is it that you really can't use Publisher for a publication . For long documents Word is preferable. You will have to link each text box in Publisher, you can link a...