Em dash with Hairspaces

I want to follow the Chicago Manual of Style when inserting an em dash into
text,
which calls for a very thin space ("hairspace") between the em dash and the
letters to the left and right of it. If you insert an em dash between two
letters (or words)
in Publisher, the em dash solidly connects the two. You can of course
manually insert a space before and after the em dash but that's unacceptable.
What's the easiest way to create a modification of the em dash that
incorporates hairspaces on
both sides?

In Publisher 2000 I was able to create an em dash to your description by
opening the Character Map and doing a search for the em dash; it came up,
did a copy and paste into the Publisher page.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Dennis_in_Maryland" <Dennis_in_Maryland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:153EFC0E-50B9-4DDD-94E2-4AB5231CB706@microsoft.com...
>I want to follow the Chicago Manual of Style when inserting an em dash into
> text,
> which calls for a very thin space ("hairspace") between the em dash and
> the
> letters to the left and right of it. If you insert an em dash between two
> letters (or words)
> in Publisher, the em dash solidly connects the two. You can of course
> manually insert a space before and after the em dash but that's
> unacceptable.
> What's the easiest way to create a modification of the em dash that
> incorporates hairspaces on
> both sides?

0
Don

cannot rehome the recepient update service on EM
When I click on browse on the properties box for Recepient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration) What I get is the Operation failed error ID:80004005. from Exchange System Manager.Please is there a way around this error? Your response will be highly appreciated. Platform: Exchange 2003 Server SP1 , Windows Server 2003 SP1 -- Buchi That code is usually a permissions problem. I can't tell you anything more based on what you've posted. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsof...

pick-em sheet
I am trying to make a worksheet for a football pick-em, where I can put the winners in and it will tell me how many wins each person has.I have everyone's name on top and the teams on the side,and put an x on the team everone chooses.Does any one know how to do this? jam ...

entered false em address, can't get into outlook at all
I signed up for a new msn account, forgot my email address, typed in someone else's email address for adding a mailbox to my outlook, and now can't get outlook to open. It asks me to type in the password of this incorrect (other person's) email account. How can I start over? Remove this mailbox from my outlook & enter the proper alias? Thanks! Control Panel | Mail and edit the profile to remove the bogus MSN account. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNot...

If I have a list of numbers, how do I insert a dash in each one?
If I have a list of numbers, 11 characters long, example: 00229603210, and for each number I want a dash behind every 2nd, 6th and 9th number, 00-2296-032-10. Is there an easy way to do this? Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > 00-0000-000-00 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200908 "rayofsunshine969" wrote: > If I have a list of numbers, 11 characters long, example: 00229603210, and > for each number I want a dash behind every 2nd, 6th and 9th number, > 00-2296-032-10. Is there an easy way to do this? Hi, Try this custom format 00...

em from people i dont even know (respond to server ) is what they say
i have the same proplem with people pc help and now i have show all messages and there are a lot of th ...

After clkng an eM link, (in www.)...writng an eM...How to SEND?
there is NO Send icon ... ?? -- Boswell does alt+S send it? what version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Boswell" <bos...

EMS SQL Products
I purchase both Data Import and Export and have been able to retrieve my data files. I want to Import a blank Item Database so that I can start over. What happened is that my database double with blank entries. Have can I import a blank item database? Bill, Backup first. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup. One of 2 ways. Either SO Admin | File | Connect | Query | New | type "Delete Item" and press F5 | this will delete all of the items in the items file. If you have setup and alias or supplier part numbers, this is probably _not_ the way to go. Otherwise you...

HPageBreaks
I have written a macro, which includes the following (and is working just fine): Range("B5").Select ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell But, I cannot figure out how to get rid of the page break when I want to. I have tried: Range("B5").Select ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Delete Before:=ActiveCell And: Range("B5").Select ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Remove Before:=ActiveCell But neither worked. Help!! ActiveCell.PageBreak = xlNone -- Jim "Shane R. Pouch" <srpouch@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:9Qe9i.6505$u56.2823@newssvr22.new...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

Probl;ems with downloaded statements
I have Microsoft money 2003. I am unable to download banking account details into my account folder. The transaction download is there however it doesn't show in the register. I have tried all the advise that is listed on the Knowledge based articles like empty temp internet folder Delete old statements and download a new copy Verify internet explorer settings I tried to repair the money file however the software didn't finalise this and after several attempts this still didn't work Verified file types and reinstalled money I also used the completely remove money advise I ha...

Task on Today Page
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. I had a task that shows up on the Today page but not in any other listing under the Tasks folder. The task also has a subject that is simply a dash on the Today page. When I click on the subject, it does nothing. When I try to mark it complete, it does nothing. After much frustration and troubleshooting, I found that the task was actually assigned to me from SharePoint. The task appeared with the original subject in the task list, which is why I couldn't find it. I was looking for a dash as the subject. I deleted the task in the Tasks list a...

Hyphen becomes em dash
Windows XP Publisher 2003 Whenever I type a hyphen and then hit the space bar, the hyphen automatically becomes an em dash. If I backspace it changes back to a hyphen. This is becoming very cumbersome. Is there a setting I need to change to stop this from happening? Tools, AutoCorrect options, AutoFormat as You Type tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Surelyknot" <Surelyknot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC71AB43-A173-4DC7-933D-ED01210F20F7@microsoft.com... > Windows XP ...

Transfering Outlook EM files from one computer to another
I want to transfer my Outlook email files from a laptop to a desktop using Intellimover. Intellimover customer support says to searh for a file labelled *.pst Would anybody know if I need to look for any other files to transfer over in the process so that my email files are on my new computer? All your email should be in the PST file(s) (might be more than one if you've archived items). "Greg Billings" <billings@myexcel.com> wrote in message news:0d3901c368c1$60ffcea0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to transfer my Outlook email files from a laptop to > a des...

Dashes #2
Every time I try to make a dash, Publisher makes a hyphen. How can I get Publisher to keep the spaces that I insert when I want a dash? i.e. "year - Kuebel-treffen " instead of "year—Kuebel-treffen". oIt is an Auto format option. Go to Tools-AutoCorrect Options. Click on the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Un-check the 'Hyphens (--) with dash' box. You can do the same in Word too (Word Options-Proofing- AutoCorrect Options- uncheck the box that says 'Hyphens (--) with dash'. Misty "T181" wrote: > Every time I try to make a dash, P...

optional hypens showing as dashes
In Word 2007 - when I copy an existing portion of a document to a new file (I use paste special to remove all formatting because I work across several documents with different style sheets and don't want to carry them into my new document), any hyphen inserted in the first document converts to a dash or the symbol that shows for an optional hyphen when you have paragraph marks showing, which then creates typos in the new document. This appears to be a glitch in the latest upgrades to Word as this never occurred in the past. Has anyone else come across this problem and is the...

Em dash with Hairspaces
I want to follow the Chicago Manual of Style when inserting an em dash into text, which calls for a very thin space ("hairspace") between the em dash and the letters to the left and right of it. If you insert an em dash between two letters (or words) in Publisher, the em dash solidly connects the two. You can of course manually insert a space before and after the em dash but that's unacceptable. What's the easiest way to create a modification of the em dash that incorporates hairspaces on both sides? In Publisher 2000 I was able to create an em dash to your...

Help: How to stop em dash replacing hyphen
If I type a hyphen in a text box it comes out as an em dash. How can I prevent this and set it as default? (I don't want the hassle of insert symbol) Thanks in advance for any help. Stuart Reed Stuart Reed wrote: > If I type a hyphen in a text box it comes out as an em dash. How can I > prevent this and set it as default? (I don't want the hassle of insert > symbol) Try looking under Tools > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ Sorted - thanks! Stuart "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@...

Number Format using dashes
I am listing part numbers on a spreadsheet. Some part numbers have dashes (ie. 1-1234) Is there a way to format this as a number with the dash, without changing it to a "text" entry? If I make it a "text" entry, it cannot be sorted numerically. Hi For your example data (assumption: 5 digits, 1 digit before the dash) the custom format 0-0000 will work Frank jldeee wrote: > I am listing part numbers on a spreadsheet. Some part > numbers have dashes (ie. 1-1234) Is there a way to format > this as a number with the dash, without changing it to > a "...

Videos em Flash
Alguem me pode ajudar Como =E9 que posso converter um video normal em Flash. para o colocar on line num site pessoal. ou ent=E3o qual ser=E1 a melhor forma de o colocar online mas no meu site Obrigado Procura um conversor na Internet. "rui" <rmrosaesteves@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:1d9c4824-c282-43c1-8d6b-c8b3fbafc373@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Alguem me pode ajudar > > Como � que posso converter um video normal em Flash. > > para o colocar on line num site pessoal. > > ou ent�o qual ser� a melhor forma de o coloca...

EMS-SupplierID not corresponding
I've searched but cannot find an answer. I used EMS to import an Item excel sheet into HQ(w/MSDE.) Everything works fine except my Supplier does not show up in HQ Manager. For instance: SupplierID is 168. I import the new items' information. When I open the new items' "properties" in HQ manager, the supplier does not appear. I then ran a Item query in HQ admin, and the SupplierId is listed correctly. Furthermore, I doublechecked the SupplierId both by query and by manually adding supplier to product. So the ID is correct, what I am overlooking here. I'...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

EMS Import Error
After making 7000+ enties to my items db, I tried to import them into RMS and getting the following error: "Non-nullable column cannot be updated to Null" Suggestions? Almost all of the columns in the Item table are non-nullable. If you don't have a value to enter, use '' (an empty string) for text values or 0 (zero) for numeric. Most of the date values are nullable, but if not you can either use getdate() or 'yyyy-mm-dd' to set a value. what is 'my items database'? Access? Excel? How are you performing your import? -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber C...

EMS Data Import issues!
Hi there. I have just got a copy of the EMS SQL Data Import wizard to import a catalog of a few thousand items into Store Operations. I tried out the trial version first, importing the first 10 products into the database, and it worked fine, with the new products appearing straight away in SO manager. However, after registering the software I now get the error message "Error - A Share Violation has occurred" when I try to import the same products into the database. Does anyone know how to sort my life out? Cheers in advance. One more thing I wouldn't mind knowing, although it...

automatice e-mail responses , can't turn em off
I have 2 automatic responses to email that I can not turn off in entourage. Please help. I am back at my computer and no loonger in Hawaii. How do I turn off the auto responses and stop alienating people. I am helpless untill I get some one to help as I am a non computer person and need very careful direction on how to disable this . thanks Carrie Entourage doesn't include an auto-reply feature. If you set one up, go to Tools -> Rules, and delete whatever rule you have with an action to "Reply." If you can't find any such rule, then the auto-reply is probably configur...

em dash conversion problems
I am having problems with PC word documents translating to the mac word documants not converting characters like em dashes into quark 5. All I get are regular dashes. how do I set up the program so it reads and converts properly? ...