Changing the dpi setting when saving a file as a jpg

does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
change the setting?

Thanks,

Lisette
0
anonymous (74740)

Hi Lisette (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
|| to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
|| to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
|| dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
|| change the setting?

You need to be using Publisher 2003.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/8/2004 6:34:12 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> change the setting?

If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).

Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/8/2004 8:19:18 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brian
Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com>!"...
> You need to be using Publisher 2003.

I would tend to assume she is using Publisher 2003, as Publisher 2002 did
not support 150dpi.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/8/2004 8:19:49 PM
I actually am using Microsoft 2002 - and I don't know how
it is 150 dpi (that is what the printer told me when I
sent it to her).  I wanted to see if there is a way that
I can convert the file to a jpg at 300 dpi - but when
I "save as" and use the jpg option it does not allow you
to choice the dpi.  I am going to try and use the pdf
program that you mentioned and if not I will get back to
you.

I assume that if I buy Publisher 2003 that I will be able
to change the resolution on a jpg file?

Thanks so much for your help,
Lisette

0
anonymous (74740)
10/8/2004 11:31:27 PM
"Print" to a .pdf using either Adobe Acrobat (not the
readerr) or Win2pdf (http://www.win2pdf.com) and set the
properties to 300 dpi.

0
anonymous (74740)
10/9/2004 3:08:36 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I assume that if I buy Publisher 2003 that I will be able
> to change the resolution on a jpg file?

Publisher 2002 outputs at screen resolution, which is normall 96dpi.

Publisher 2003 will allow you to increase the resolution to 300dpi, BUT DO
NOT SAVE AS A JPG.

The reason you go to an outside printer is to get a better print quality.
Saving as JPG completely nullifies any possible advantage on print quality
you could get from using an outside printer.

Use PNG or PDF.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/9/2004 8:01:57 AM
How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?

Thank you.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> > does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> > to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> > to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> > dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> > change the setting?
>
> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
>
> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Neophyte (6)
3/2/2005 7:49:14 PM
In Publisher, Right-click the picture, click "save as picture", files of type, scroll
down to .tif, there is a "change" button above the file name selection.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Neophyte" <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
> Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?
>
> Thank you.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
>> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
>> > does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
>> > to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
>> > to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
>> > dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
>> > change the setting?
>>
>> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
>> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
>>
>> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
>> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)
3/2/2005 8:24:37 PM
Thank you.

If I have a picture that is 150 dpi, can I change it to 300 dpi?  If so, how?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In Publisher, Right-click the picture, click "save as picture", files of type, scroll
> down to .tif, there is a "change" button above the file name selection.
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Neophyte" <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
> > Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> >> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> >> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> >>
> >> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
> >> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
> >>
> >> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
> >> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> >> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> >> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> >> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Neophyte (6)
3/2/2005 9:21:53 PM
Neophyte <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> If I have a picture that is 150 dpi, can I change it to 300 dpi?  If
> so, how?

If you find a 300dpi version, sure.

Seriously, 150dpi means that there are 150dpi of detail.
You cannot magically add detail.

Consider: You had $300 (a 300dpi image).  To make space, you threw away
$150, taking you down to $150 (dpi).  There is no magic way to get the $150
back to get $300 again.

Another analogy: Images are like arrays of grains of sand, all different,
arranged into a large grid.
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ

That is a 10x10 pixel image.  At 150 dpi, that is 1/15 inch.
You could increase the dpi to 300 by reducing the print size to 1/30 inch.
The only way to have a 300dpi image at 1/15 inch would be to add extra
pixels

A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????

No-one knows what to add where the question marks are.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/2/2005 9:31:40 PM
sorry for the rest of the replys .. guys if you dont know the answer shut the
F--- up
here is the answer for this ?

open you picture in Publisher  and select all, right click and choose 'save
picture' choose jpg then you will have an option to increase to commercail
300 dpi

good day and your welcome
tom

"Lisette" wrote:

> does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> change the setting?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisette

found the answer <foundtheanswer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> sorry for the rest of the replys .. guys if you dont know the answer
> shut the F--- up

Often discussion between lots of people who don't know the answer can
produce an answer that will work.  If we followed your rules, that would
never happen.  I'll keep on doing what I've been doing.  Please feel free to
flame me if you so desire.

> open you picture in Publisher  and select all, right click and choose
> 'save picture' choose jpg then you will have an option to increase to
> commercail 300 dpi

Note that this does only work in Publisher 2003.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

SP2 Issue on Sharing a Money 2005 File
One of the features I was interesting in with Money 2005 was the ability to share the file with another .NET Passport. I can't make this work. First Microsoft Technical support confirmed that having Windows XP SP2 installed causes a problem - I would just get the rotating arrow and no box to enter the 2nd .NET Passport. I then installed Money on 2 different machines with Windows XP SP1, and tried again, even starting with a brand new Money file and new .NET Passports. I was able to go further, but after inputing the 2nd .NET Passport, then being asked to sign in, I got that s...

VBA Help Files #2
Kabel and Dibben - VBA Help files not on my installation CD any further clues as to where I can go on MSFT sites to find and download these files? Will start searching now yet could not find yesterday! TX JHAM Has been a long time since I installed Excel 97 and do not have the CD available. I think I remember that when originally installing the same thing happened to me when I chose the basic install......No VBA help files. Next time around I chose "Custom Install" and the VBA Help files were automatically downloaded and installed from the 'net. If you have the CD try the ...

language setting
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am unable to change the language on my documents. I no longer see the language icon under Tools. How can I change the language? You Can use Tools>Customise to reset your menu so the option comes back. Hit Tools>Customise... and you should be OK from there. Cheers On 25/02/10 1:46 AM, in article 59bb36d1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "jegarcia@officeformac.com" <jegarcia@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am > ...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Saving a Pivot Table
I'm trying to save a pivot table into an older format from Excel 2007. I receive a message stating that the pivot table is too large for the old format. But if I create the pivot table in Excel 2003, with same data source, I don't get any message and the pivot table is generated. Something seems to be wrong with 2007. Are there any solutions to this? ...

File lockout update
Redmond, July 28, 2004, 23:15 PDT Here is the current status on the lockout issue. We are working to restore the original locks on these files. (See my earlier posting for a more detailed description.) It is our expectation that, when fixed, this will not require any downloads (or uploads), but the solution may require a connection to our web site. This was not caused by any download of Money software, and we don't think that a download will be necessary to fix it. We are not sure whether every user will be fixed automatically, or if some manual steps will need to be done. If there are ...

Setting a button caption to bold
Hi All, In VB6 and VB/C++.net I can select a button on a form and change the font property to bold. Is there a way to do the same with VC++6? Regards Colin You can use the class CFont and the function CWnd::SetFont, like the code block below: //---------------------------- CFont font; font.CreateFont(0, 0, 0, 0, FW_BOLD, 0, 0, 0, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_STROKE_PRECIS, CLIP_STROKE_PRECIS, DRAFT_QUALITY, VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS, _T("Arial")); m_wndButton.SetFont(&font); //---------------------------- just a simply example "Col" <usesmob@hotmail.com> w...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Setting up for Yahoo
I need to set up WLM for my Yahoo account. I was able to get my default (Earthlink), Gmail and Hotmail accounts set up I can't get Yahoo to work. It's the free Yahoo account. I supsect that it has to do with the server settings and I'm not getting some thing right. I belive I'm using the newer Yahoo not the Classic. Thanks, Jim -- I believe you have to have Yahoo Plus to do this. WLM can do POP and IMAP and to turn on POP in Yahoo, you have to have the paid version. Dale On Jan 26, 3:17=A0pm, "James" <bald...@remove.earthlink.net> wrote: >...

Change a formula to an acual number

How to hide Save, Save & Close button
Hi, I have created a custom entity and create a IFRAME. This IFRAME has its own save button and I am not using CRM traditional save button because of some specific requirement while saving that can only be achieve in C# coding. My problem is how to hide SAVE, SAVE and Close buttons. If I remove security with Not Write/Update permission this step hides the buttons but my _service.Create() method throws an exception becuase user don't have permission to create new record. Please help, how could I hide save/save and close or save and new buttons Regards Have a look at this blog: ...

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it?
Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? Puneet Arora -- puneetarora_12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389664 you can hide a sheet on the format> sheet menu.Dont know about the password thng tho sorry -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "puneetarora_12" wrote: > > Can I hide a worksheet and set a passwd to unhide it? > > > Puneet...