Project 2007 - Does changing the name of the project work?

I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
fault.Many thanks

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.

For example:
1. Open project file.
2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
3. Save & close file in MS Project
4. ...

--
Denis
http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer

"Ang" wrote:

> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> fault.Many thanks

Hello Ang,

Are you referring to the text in the Project Summary task (line
0)?  By default, the name showing in the project summary tasks is
the file name.

In a quick test with Project 2007 SP-2, renaming the file through
File > Save As did change the data in the Project Summary task
line *as long as I had not manually edited the data*.  If I
edited the data away from the file name (default) and then
renamed the file, the data did not change.  You can always change
the data manually or through File > Properties, Summary tab --
Title field.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 2/17/2010 7:37 AM, Ang wrote:
> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> fault.Many thanks

0
JulieS
2/17/2010 1:20:03 PM
I has just done some further investigation and Microsoft have confirmed that
the activation code I have is invalid.  I apprently need to contact MS
support again.  Are you aware of problems with the activation code which has
been sent in an email from MS being invalid?

"AmiProject" wrote:

> To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.
>
> For example:
> 1. Open project file.
> 2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
> 3. Save & close file in MS Project
> 4. ...
>
> --
> Denis
> http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer
>

> "Ang" wrote:
>
> > I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> > created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> > saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> > fault.Many thanks

Ang,

So, the product is not activated?  This is something that no one
from this newsgroup can assist with.  I would continue to pursue
this through your reseller.

On 2/17/2010 8:52 AM, Ang wrote:
> I has just done some further investigation and Microsoft have confirmed that
> the activation code I have is invalid.  I apprently need to contact MS
> support again.  Are you aware of problems with the activation code which has
> been sent in an email from MS being invalid?
>
> "AmiProject" wrote:
>
>> To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.
>>
>> For example:
>> 1. Open project file.
>> 2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
>> 3. Save&  close file in MS Project
>> 4. ...
>>
>> --
>> Denis
>> http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer
>>

>> "Ang" wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
>>> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
>>> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
>>> fault.Many thanks

0
JulieS

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Change Display Names in Exch '03 to Last,First
In Exchange 2000, you could use ADSI and scripts to change display names for contacts/users from firstname,lastname to lastname,firstname. However, I am working with a new client that has a 2003 Exchange server up and populated, but the GAL shows in firstname,lastname against his will. How can I change this so that the GAL is listed the way he wants without individually modifying each contact/user? -- Lydell Anderson A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA I don't see how it should be any different with Exchange 2003. Modifying the Display name will change how the GAL is displayed. You should be ...

Freezing panes
I'm an trying to freeze my panes, Horizontal only. However, when I choose the row to freeze, it freezes both horizontal and vertical, and it's not the row I want. The same happens when I try to freeze vertical too. It's also both. I run Excel 2002 in Windows XP Pro. Am I missing something? Did I forget to do something? Is there a glitch? Thanks in advance. Kathy L LAPL Hi Kathy If you select for example a5 and do Window>Freeze Panes Four rows are freeze If you select f1 for example Five columns are freeze -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)...

Exchange 2007 + Evolution
Current client has about 50 linux users who want to use Evolution to connect to the Exchange 2007 environment. They are currently using webmail before anyone suggests that brilliant idea. I have been able to get Entourage to work with our CAS, no luck with Evolution. Has anyone had success getting Evolution to connect to a Exchange 2007 environment? ...

Track Change Enables
Hi, When I insert a new item in between two sections, track change is enabled to the sections below the newly added item. But I did not enable the track change. How can I correct this problem? I am using word2003. Thanks! Hi Manuu, Before adding or editing anything in word make sure the Track Changes is turned off. This can be done in two ways: 1) Tools --> Track Changes--> Make sure it is turned off or 2) In the status bar at the bottom there will be a Track Changes icon, you can simply double click on it and it will be turned off. Let me know how ...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?
What is the significance of an insertion point shaped like a fat cross rather than an I-beam? How do I change it? Check your Status bar. When you're in "Edit" mode, the cursor is an "I" beam. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "TrishF" <TrishF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845F6227-35D6-4B0C-A65C-6B577597A2C2@microsoft.com... > ...

Remove orphan domains for EXCH 2007 install
In a test disaster recovery environment, we have recovered our DC, and would like to remove two child domains that are obviously not reachable. What is the most clean and easiest way to accomplish this? Sorry for the lack of depth to this question, I am fairly new to AD. What we have done is rebuilt our DC, rebuilt an Exchange box, and now on another box we are trying to install a beta instance of Exchange 2007. In order to continue with the install, AD must not see the child domains it can no longer reach. Thanks for your help Gregg On 4 Oct 2006 09:07:20 -0700, "Gregg" <gre...

Outlook 2007 Icon on Start Menu doesn't work
Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for outlook work OK. How can I revert to the original working icon? thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:eZRv9v$hHHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't know what I did but the Outlook 2007 Icon at the top of the Start > menu has changed from the original and when I click it I get Internet > Options, not Outlook....all the other Icons for ...

Reminders in Outlook 2007
When you have a reminder in the calendar in Outlook 2000 (or 2003) you see a liitle clock. In Outlook 2007 you don't. How can I see this clock in Outlook 2007??? Marc ...

break slide link in word 2007
I have Office 2007. Want to break the link to the slides I have in my word doc. When I right click the slide, I only get open or edit, or convert. Could you help me locate the right place to break the link; and if necessary add-in I need for Word and/or powerpoint? -- SLB -- SLB In Word 2007, click the Office button and choose Prepare. To the right you'll see an item "Edit Links to Files" (which appears only when there are linked items in the document). Click that to open the Links dialog. Select any or all of the listed links and click the Break Link button. ...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Out of office not working for e-mail alias
Hello all, I have a user that has set out of office through OWA. It is working for his primary SMTP account, but not for the alias. Any ideas on how I can get it to work for all SMTP addresses for a user. We are using Exhange 2000 SP3 On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:21:16 GMT, "Marc Baker" <mbaker@selectsa.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I have a user that has set out of office through OWA. It is working for his >primary SMTP account, but not for the alias. Any ideas on how I can get it >to work for all SMTP addresses for a user. We are using Exhange 2000 SP3 > ...

Excel 2007 incredibly slow on saving
Hi, I am just trying Excel 2007 for the first time. Saving a file (in compatibility mode) takes around 15 minutes! Savng the same file (about 12Mb) takes 5 seconds in Excel 2003. Clearly I have turned off autosave as this prevented me from working altogether (it takes longer to save than the 10 minute interval between saves). This just can't be right! Any ideas what could cause this? I am using a fast PC (quad-core Xeon 2.3 GHz) with 4Gb RAM. There is plenty of disk space and it is not cluttered or fragmented. Saves are to the local hard disk and there are no links over network co...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Form Modified Date Changes when opens
I am using Access2003 and have two databases, the problem one is newly created in Access2003, the other was created in a previous version, I think 2000, but I believe was updated to 2003 before we purchased it. I make modifications to both. In both databases, I have created buttons that open forms and occasionally change settings on that form (like a background color or control enable/lock parameter). In the newer DB I have noticed that Modified date for several of the forms changes when the form is opened, and there's no pop-up mentioning changed or saving of changes. This doe...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

Want labels of columns to display on each page when printing work.
I am tring to print a work book with many pages and would like to have the titles of my columns display on each page. I have tried the header function and it does not line up correctly with the correct columns. Any advice? Thank you in advance. Allen File>Page Setup>Sheet tab. Go to the "Rows to repeat at top" box and either type in the rows you want to repeat at the top of each page or use the mouse to highlight the rows. "justinlind44" <justinlind44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1035C341-634F-4948-9334-E317C1A1FDB6@microsoft.com......

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

how do I change the default margins
1. Default margins for your Publisher publication? 2. Default margins for your text boxes? 3. Default margins for you printer? 4. Which version of Publisher? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "carroway" <carroway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C62391E-73D8-4146-9E63-15D7A48FDBCC@microsoft.com... > ...

Changes not sticking
I am having a strange issue with a Reporting Service 2005 instance. Whenever I try to change a parameter default on a report by going to report properties, parameters, and changing the default value, the new value stays if I run the report - but if I close my browser and go back to the report, the previous default is there. Also in the same folder I uploaded a report, and then tried to delete it. It looked like it deleted, but when I go back to the folder the report is still there. If I try to delete it, I get an error that it isn't found. However, other people who navigate to...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...