Project 2007 - Does changing the name of the project work?

  • Follow

I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
fault.Many thanks

0
Reply Utf 2/17/2010 12:37:01 PM

To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.

For example:
1. Open project file.
2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
3. Save & close file in MS Project
4. ...

--
Denis
http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer

"Ang" wrote:

> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> fault.Many thanks

0
Reply Utf 2/17/2010 12:54:03 PM

Hello Ang,

Are you referring to the text in the Project Summary task (line
0)?  By default, the name showing in the project summary tasks is
the file name.

In a quick test with Project 2007 SP-2, renaming the file through
File > Save As did change the data in the Project Summary task
line *as long as I had not manually edited the data*.  If I
edited the data away from the file name (default) and then
renamed the file, the data did not change.  You can always change
the data manually or through File > Properties, Summary tab --
Title field.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 2/17/2010 7:37 AM, Ang wrote:
> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> fault.Many thanks

0
Reply JulieS 2/17/2010 1:20:03 PM

I has just done some further investigation and Microsoft have confirmed that
the activation code I have is invalid.  I apprently need to contact MS
support again.  Are you aware of problems with the activation code which has
been sent in an email from MS being invalid?

"AmiProject" wrote:

> To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.
>
> For example:
> 1. Open project file.
> 2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
> 3. Save & close file in MS Project
> 4. ...
>
> --
> Denis
> http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer
>

> "Ang" wrote:
>
> > I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
> > created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
> > saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
> > fault.Many thanks

0
Reply Utf 2/17/2010 1:52:02 PM

Ang,

So, the product is not activated?  This is something that no one
from this newsgroup can assist with.  I would continue to pursue
this through your reseller.

On 2/17/2010 8:52 AM, Ang wrote:
> I has just done some further investigation and Microsoft have confirmed that
> the activation code I have is invalid.  I apprently need to contact MS
> support again.  Are you aware of problems with the activation code which has
> been sent in an email from MS being invalid?
>
> "AmiProject" wrote:
>
>> To avoid lots of guesses, could you please describe your actions step by step.
>>
>> For example:
>> 1. Open project file.
>> 2. Rename file in Windows Explorer
>> 3. Save&  close file in MS Project
>> 4. ...
>>
>> --
>> Denis
>> http://www.amiproject.com Microsoft Project online viewer
>>

>> "Ang" wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried to Change the file name on a Project File I
>>> created but the system did not seem to update the file name once I had
>>> saved the ammendment.  Please can you tell me if this is a known
>>> fault.Many thanks

0
Reply JulieS 2/17/2010 8:05:22 PM

(page loaded in 2.535 seconds)