Monte Carlo Analysis

  • Follow

Hi all,

Ok, I've searched Google and could not find information on the famous IMHO
Monte Carlo simulation thing for MS Project.  Quick confirmation question: if
I simply write the 3 point estimating in MS-Excel, I would be able to derive
at a simulation of my own right (a manual one)....Thanks for your comments,
or suggestions.

-jp

1
Reply Utf 4/16/2010 8:40:01 PM

jp --

IMHO is the acronym that people use when they want to share their humble
opinion with you.  IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion.  There is NO
company called IMHO!  Re-read the original post when the responder told you
this.  If you are looking for Monte Carlo simulation software for Microsoft
Project, navigate to the following URL and search for Monte Carlo:

http://project.mvps.org/comprods.htm

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"jp" <jp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> Ok, I've searched Google and could not find information on the famous IMHO
> Monte Carlo simulation thing for MS Project.  Quick confirmation question:
> if
> I simply write the 3 point estimating in MS-Excel, I would be able to
> derive
> at a simulation of my own right (a manual one)....Thanks for your
> comments,
> or suggestions.
>
> -jp

0
Reply Dale 4/16/2010 9:01:31 PM

Dummy me!!!!
Thanks Dale.  Do you use Excel for this analysis?

-jp

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

> jp --
>
> IMHO is the acronym that people use when they want to share their humble
> opinion with you.  IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion.  There is NO
> company called IMHO!  Re-read the original post when the responder told you
> this.  If you are looking for Monte Carlo simulation software for Microsoft
> Project, navigate to the following URL and search for Monte Carlo:
>
> http://project.mvps.org/comprods.htm
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services
> msProjectExperts
> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
> "We write the books on Project Server"
>

> "jp" <jp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Ok, I've searched Google and could not find information on the famous IMHO
> > Monte Carlo simulation thing for MS Project.  Quick confirmation question:
> > if
> > I simply write the 3 point estimating in MS-Excel, I would be able to
> > derive
> > at a simulation of my own right (a manual one)....Thanks for your
> > comments,
> > or suggestions.
> >
> > -jp

0
Reply Utf 4/16/2010 9:16:01 PM

jp --

I do not know, my friend.  You'll need to look at the Web site I referenced
in the last response and read up on each of the software applications that
do Monte Carlo simulations.  Hope this helps.  And you are more than
welcome, my friend!  :)

--

> Dummy me!!!!
> Thanks Dale.  Do you use Excel for this analysis?
>
> -jp
>
> "Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> jp --
>>
>> IMHO is the acronym that people use when they want to share their humble
>> opinion with you.  IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion.  There is NO
>> company called IMHO!  Re-read the original post when the responder told
>> you
>> this.  If you are looking for Monte Carlo simulation software for
>> Microsoft
>> Project, navigate to the following URL and search for Monte Carlo:
>>
>> http://project.mvps.org/comprods.htm
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
>> VP of Educational Services
>> msProjectExperts
>> http://www.msprojectexperts.com
>> http://www.projectserverexperts.com
>> "We write the books on Project Server"
>>

>> "jp" <jp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Ok, I've searched Google and could not find information on the famous
>> > IMHO
>> > Monte Carlo simulation thing for MS Project.  Quick confirmation
>> > question:
>> > if
>> > I simply write the 3 point estimating in MS-Excel, I would be able to
>> > derive
>> > at a simulation of my own right (a manual one)....Thanks for your
>> > comments,
>> > or suggestions.
>> >
>> > -jp

0
Reply Dale 4/17/2010 12:36:04 AM

You may also wish to check out Jack Dahlgren's Blackjack macro for Monte
Carlo over on www.masamiki.com.  I've used it to demo the concept of Monte
Carlo pretty effectively.

0
Reply Utf 4/17/2010 3:45:01 AM