Edit start and finish dates to include hours for turnkey projects

I am trying to show a project that is runnig 24 hours a day for 2 weeks. In
start and finish colunms I would like to show hours assigned to the tasks
which makes the durations more meaningful. This must also infulence the Gantt
chart.

I am using Microsoft Project 2003.

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please clarify: what do you mean "hours assigned to the tasks"? You mean
you want to show more than just date and also show time of day for the
start and finish fields?  If so see: Menu: Tools/Options, Tab: View,
setting for "Date Format".  Pick something with clock time shown.

FYI, Project stores all date information internally as a number of
minutes. How that information is displayed is based on this setting in
Options.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 10/03/10 16:03, Mark wrote:
> I am trying to show a project that is runnig 24 hours a day for 2 weeks. In
> start and finish colunms I would like to show hours assigned to the tasks
> which makes the durations more meaningful. This must also infulence the Gantt
> chart.
>
> I am using Microsoft Project 2003.

0
Rob

How to format a cell from date to week?
Dear all, How to format a cell date like "2009-12-10" to year /week format "YYYYWW" = 200950? Also how to determine number of weeks between 2 weeks like from 200950 to 201002 = 5 weeks? BR//nginhong You cannot achieve this with cell formatting. Excel does not support weeks in a date format. To change a date to yyyyww, use: =year(a1)*100+weeknum(a1) The number of weeks difference between two of these cells, use: =(int(a2/100)-int(a1/100))*52+(mod(a2,100)-mod(a1,100)) This calculates to 4 weeks, not 5, just as the difference between 201001 and 2010...

Task Dates in notification email are different than in the schedul
Has anyone ever seen the dates in a notification email for a task, showing different dates than in the schedule? I have a situation where the start date in the notification email (Feb. 15) is 7 days later for the task that is in the actual schedule (Feb. 8); the finish dates are the same (March 19)... Thanks. Phillip: It is possible for the planned start date on an assignment to be different than the planned start date of the task to which it belongs. So, what you describe is not likely a bug, but the result of changes made by the users in question. For example, a resour...

editting auto recovery

Dates of Appointments in Outlook 2007
I've recently (two days ago) installed Outlook 2007, and since then appointments sent to me seem to choose their own dates in my calendar. For example an appointment for February 10 2010, sent to me on Nov 21 ended up as one on the day following acceptance of the appointment. Any ideas please? -- rugbyfiddler You need to reset the view. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

BOM & Edit List

date problem
Dear experts, i got a question on date generation : if I input 1-Jun-04 in cell B1 , I would like it to automatically display 1-Jul-04 in cell C1 . If 1 input 30-Jun-04 in cell B2 , it will automatically display 31-Jul-04 in cell C2. any formula can do it ? Thanks in advanced ! Hi C1: =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,1) C2: =DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+2,0) Optional B2 formula (for automatic "last of B1 month"): =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+1,0) -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "m&m" <m&m@choc.com> skrev i melding news:uuioXCs9DHA.2404@T...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

runtime error when starting money 2003 or 2004..
I tried to upgrade from 2003 standard to 2004 deluxe. Installation finished without problems or messages but when I tried to open Money 2004 I got a C++ runtime error "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information". I decided to go back to 2003 but got the same message ("runtime error. Abnormal program termination")!! Even document 305254 in the knowledgebase couldn't help. Any ideas? If that MS KB article doesn't work for you... Try re-registering the ...

Failure to start without CD
I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 Pro system. It has worked well for a couple of years, as does the rest of the office suite. Now, however, on starting Publisher it triggers the Windows Installer and need the CD (SR-2) for a few seconds only beforre its starts normally. Any ideas why? John You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner htt...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Headers starting on page without using section breaks
Is it possible to have headers starting on page 3 without using section breaks? The document is within a program (SIMS .net) where section breaks can cause tags not to work. You can use a conditional field in the header eg. {IF {Page} > 2 "Put your header here"} -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<&g...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Display text as date
Hey guys :) I use this formula =">="&DATEVALUE(Files!D3)+TIMEVALUE(Files!D3) to display and use as filteroption. (Dont ask why I have to do this exercise....) However the formula works all right but the display appears as decimalnumber in this text expression: Actual displayed: >=40170,6145833333 Wanted displayed: >=23.12.2009 14:45:00 I KNOW that there is some way to transform the expression displayed, but have not found anything useful on the web - so far. Are there anybody called to give me a hand on this one? Best regards Snoopy (Wish you a Happy ...

Date Formula Help
Someone here once gave me the formula for converting a Date to the number of the week. In other words 1/16 would be 3 as it falls on the 3 week of the year. Would anyone hapen to know that formula. I lost it. Thanks for the help. Steve Hi Steve! See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm A variety of formulas for use with vary definitions of week number. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Norman, thank you very much this was the artical i was looking for. :) "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> ...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Change date formats on cheque
We are using payable cheques with the stub on the top. We are trying to modify the date to ready dd-mmm-yyyy. I have followed the instructions in https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;871918 except to change the table name becuse I am on 8.0. This will print the month format as "september" what I am looking to do is have it read the alpha short form of the month (ie - Jan, Feb, Mar......) Is there any way to accomplish this? It currently is working and printing the full month. I am just interested in getting the short form of the month to print. ...

Help with computing date\Time between previous record
I am trying to calculate how long it has been from a previous visit. I am tracking visit dates for customers. So I am sorting visit dates by customer. I want to look at a record date and subtract the previous reocrds date from it for all dates in the db. So in the end there is another Field that shows how long it has been bewteen customer visits? Dave K Use in your query: Datediff("d",[firstdatefield],[seconddatefield]) The "D" is for days. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Dave" wrote: > I am trying to calculate how lo...