Duration shown as Calendar Days

Using Project 2003 with a standard calendar and 8 hour days.  My task starts
on Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 28.  The Duration column shows 20 days (20
work days).  Can I show the "duration" (even create a second duration colum?)
as Calendar Days?  In the above task the answer would be 26 days vice 20
days.  Thanks.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm curious what is the purpose of this presentation?

Duration is task duration in working time (not calendar time). That's
the definition.  Check the documentation.

You could create a new custom number field, say, "Calendar Duration" and
use the function DateDiff() to compute it.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 08/04/10 15:43, aesjim wrote:
> Using Project 2003 with a standard calendar and 8 hour days.  My task starts
> on Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 28.  The Duration column shows 20 days (20
> work days).  Can I show the "duration" (even create a second duration colum?)
> as Calendar Days?  In the above task the answer would be 26 days vice 20
> days.  Thanks.
0
Rob
4/8/2010 3:00:59 PM
aesjim --

By default, Microsoft Project measures Duration in working days, as you
already know by now.  If you want to show an alternate Duration measured in
calendar days, you will first need to create a new custom calendar from
scratch (do not copy an existing calendar).  Name the new custom calendar
something like 7 Day Work Week.  On this custom calendar, mark Sundays and
Saturdays as working days with the same working schedule shown for Monday
through Friday on that calendar, such as 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to
5:00 PM.  Then, create a custom task Duration field and name it something
like Calendar Days.  Enter the following formula in the custom field:

ProjDateDiff( [Start], [Finish], "7 Day Work Week")

In the above formula, the 7 Day Work Week item enclosed with double quotes
is the name of the custom calendar you created.  Change this part of the
formula to use your own calendar, if you do not use the same name I used.
Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"aesjim" <aesjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Project 2003 with a standard calendar and 8 hour days.  My task
> starts
> on Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 28.  The Duration column shows 20 days (20
> work days).  Can I show the "duration" (even create a second duration
> colum?)
> as Calendar Days?  In the above task the answer would be 26 days vice 20
> days.  Thanks.

0
Dale

phases duration shows in decimal .
in project plan of project professional many phases showing duration in decimal like 2.23 but we didnt use any task with duration like that in decimal. and all tasks duration values in whole amount . why phases duration showing in decimal . kindly reply me soon. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CABADC.5E37FF20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Sam, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) Two possibilities. I guess you mean summaries of phases. ...

Calendar Issues with O2000 and O2003
I support an environment with clustered Exchange 2000 servers and our users are using Outlook 2000 except one user who is using Outlook 2003 for functionality that she needs for her job. Whenever the 2003 user creates an entry in one of the public calendars, no one with review rights (Outlook 2000 users) can open the calendar at all. But if someone with editor rights opens the calendar in Outlook 2000, everyone can see the calendar with no problems and all the data is there. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks! Christopher Beard wrote: > I support an envir...

Calculating diff btwn two dates how to count only business days
In calculating difference between two date how can one not include weekends and count only regular business days? Jerry - Do a search on "business days". There are literally pages of threads on this topic. Bob Jerry wrote: >In calculating difference between two date how can one not include weekends >and count only regular business days? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:59:01 -0800, Jerry <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In calculating difference bet...

Forwarding Calendar Object in 2007 adds recurrances when saved
Outlook 2007 on Vista Business SP1. When I forward a calendar object (open the object and select forward from the ribbon) I can send it w/o a problem. When I click save and close there is suddenly a weekly occurance of the appt. I have to open the Appt. and remove the re-occurance. Any idea how to stop this? TIA, Matt Is this a new Dell machine? If yes, then remove the Outlookaddinsetup from Control Panel->Add/Remove programs. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/5...

Duration of 1 calendar month??
Greetingns, I want to enter a calendar month in the duration field and the duration is really one month and not only 20 woking days. E.g. start is the 1. April. Duration of 1 calendar month. The end is the 30. April and not the 28. Can I so configurate the MS-Project? Thank you! Michael I'm guessing that what you want is 30 "elapsed" days from 1 April to 30 April? So, just enter "30ed" in the duration field. You can read more about "elapsed" days (which cross over working days as defined by the calendar) in Help. --rms www...

Define Mon as first day of the week.
Hello, I am running a query on sales visits per week when I noticed the 'default' Access setting brings any sunday's date as the first day of the week. I need to define Mon as the first day of the week. How should this be done? I don't know vb and don't know how to get a module to work (my bad, never needed it). Speaking of vb. anyone have any good reference suggestions (other than the 'dummies' series) Best Regards -N Post the SQL statement of the query that you're using. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Nick M" <n_fm@hotm...

Printing Calendar Problems
I have always made small 12 page 4.5 “x 3” wallet-sized calendars in Publisher. Now with XP, when using the calendar wizard in Publisher, I can set the wallet-size up, but it won’t print properly. Usually in the past I would get 4 months per page only using 3 pieces of paper for the entire year of calendars. Now I am only able to print one small monthly calendar per page (12 pieces of paper) with each having the same month printed 4 times on each page. I have looked everywhere for help and cannot figure out why this is happening or how to change it. (Note: I have tried changing the print multi...

Auto input days of week
Hi, I'm looking to set up a spreadsheet where users enter new months date in cell A1, I have worked out how to auto input dates down the rest of column A but need to fill in days of week in column B. I'm trying to automate process as not all users proficient with excel. It needs to work for any month. Any help would be much appriciated. -- brom0910 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brom0910's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27416 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

problem accepting appointment invites for public calendar folder
our computer dept setup a public calendar folder for our dept to record staff holiday etc. the computer dept set it up so that when a member of our staff adds an appointment into their calendar and invites the public folder to the appointment, the request is emailed to the manager (and a tentative appointment shows up in the public calendar). however, when the manager accepts the appointment it enters the appointment into their own calendar. the computer dept doesn't think it is possible to set it up so that it confirms the tentative appointment in the public calendar. anyone know other...

combine calendars?
How can I combine two calendars on OL 2003? All my data is in the 2nd calendar, but I can't delete to original one. thx LT Hi LT, You should be able to drag and drop all of the items from one calendar to another after changing the calendar view to "By Category." Please follow these steps to copy everything from one to another. 1. Open the calendar you wish to copy from 2. On the menu bar, click View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category 3. Click on the very first item, hold the Shift key down and click on the very last item (this selects all items in the ca...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Calendar Work Week
Is it possible to have more than 1 calendar with each having a different setting for the calendar work week? For example: 1 to display as Fri - Thurs and another Sun - Sat... (Outlook 2007) Thank you... -- J.T. Kiser No. The setting is global. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH....

Continuation of non-changing dates in calendar?
Hello all, I have a club calendar with all of our members birthdates and anniversaries that I post on our webpage. I also post our campout dates which change from year to year. Because the birthdays and anniversaries do not change how do I continue them in publisher calendar automatically so I do not have to redo them from year to year? All help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Albert amlazon@Hotmail.com (use s instead of z to e-mail me) On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 07:27:36 -0600, Albert <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I have a club calendar with all of our mem...

Calendar Question
Pls, how do I add, what formula do I enter in Row 1, Col B that will add " 'n' buiness" days to a date in Row 1, Col A? Thank You, Wayne Try the NETWORKDAYS function. See help for usage. BTW "Row 1, Col B" is more easily expressed as B1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 22 May 2011 16:04:14 -0400, wgd.roaming@verizon.net wrote: > >Pls, how do I add, what formula do I enter in Row 1, Col B that will >add " 'n' buiness" days to a date in Row 1, Col A? > >Thank You, Wayne > > ...

Defragmentation duration
Hi all, On an Exchange 2007 SP1 server, I've moved some mailboxes to another mailbox database on another SG on the same server. But the source database didn't shrink at all, though a full backup was performed afterwards. According to the docs, it looks like I'll have to umount then run eseutil /D against it to get back some free space (35Gb according to eventid 1221). Is there any magic equation to have roughly the amount of time this operation will take ? The database to defragment is 180Gb. Thanks. Christian On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:06:15 +0100, "C...

Selecting default calendar view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I prefer to have the month view in my calendar, but every day, when first opened, my calendar view needs to be manually reset to Month. <br> How can I select a new default view, and lock it in? On 2/15/10 2:46 PM, jmilty@officeformac.com wrote: > I prefer to have the month view in my calendar, but every day, when > first opened, my calendar view needs to be manually reset to Month. > How can I select a new default view, and lock it in? Entourage should return you to the view you last...

Calendar updates/synchronization
I have a co-worker who has been able to make a calendar appointment from his home PC and when he gets to work and opens Outlook on his work PC, the appointments automatically upload from his inbox into his calendar. I upgraded his Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP, and now the appointments just sit there in his inbox. I can't find any thing in the knowledge base concerning this, or even how to set up this function. Neither he nor I know who set this feature up for him in the first place. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Calendar appointments in triplicate
I sync my HTC diamond with my outlook 2007. Unfortunately due to some mistake in the mobile backup and restore from that software, all my meetings and appointments have got triplicated and have correspondingly transferred in triplicate on my outlook. There is no facility available in mobile softwares to remove duplicate and triplicate outlook entries. Do we have such software or utility in outlook, so I could remove such entries? Regards Dr Alok Modi MD There is software available but its not built into outlook. But you may not need software, unless some appointments were ...

Public folder calendar visibility problems
Exchange 5.5 enviornment in a NT4.0 domain network. Have a couple of admins who are having issues seeing items in calendars within a public folder structure. One day, then can see the calendar and all items in it in one site, but not in another site. Next day, they can see items on the calendars in the site they couldn't see the day before but can now not see items in the calendars they could see the day before. (If that makes any sense) Client is Outlook XP SP-2. Recently upgraded from Outlook 2K. All calendars have default permissions set as "reviewer", though the admins...

public calendar
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Outlook locks up in calendar
I just upgraded my computer from Windows 2000 to XP Pro with Office 2003 installed. Now whenever I go to the calendar and click on an item that has a reminder outlook will lock up. The system has been fully upgraded including all office updates and XP SP2 any ideas? Thanks Gary ...

Sharing Outlook Inbox, Contacts, Calendars
Can anyone recommend a software program that allows users to have access to others' Outlook data .... Inbox, calendars, contacts. We are currently using ShareO on our 3 networked office computers (no exchange server), but it's been acting up since the latest version was installed and we're thinking of switching. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/55537...

Fixed Duration Task Changes Duration
I am scheduling a manufacturing shop. I enter eack task as a Fixed Duration (Not Effort Driven-Unchecked). Why when I do a Level Resources are some of my durations changing.Not all but some. They would go from as example 3 hours to 35 hours. These are tasks that have one resource. This appears to be a bug that never got fixed in Project 2003. Has anyone ever experienced this same problem? And if so has it been fixed in later versions. This is a huge problem. Also, this is a master project with several sub-projects in it. All tasks are "AS Late As Possible" and the sub-...

Shared calendars
Users in my company have shared calendars that when you close outlook and reopen you have to place a check mark in order to view. Is there away to keeping calendars open at all times. -- ray3d84 "ray3d84" <ray3d84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28B79266-29DB-4F9E-A44B-7B2268FC8090@microsoft.com... > Users in my company have shared calendars that when you close outlook and > reopen you have to place a check mark in order to view. Is there away to > keeping calendars open at all times. No need to ask multiple times. Ask once and wai...