vb for no color or transparent

I have a textbox with a fill color of white.  How do I change it back to
transparent/no fill using vba?  Using ppt 2007.

ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("MainChar").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = ?
--
Mike Mast
Special Education Preschool Teacher

Hi,

You could try,

ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("MainChar").Fill.Visible=msoFalse

Cheers
Andy

On 20/04/2010 14:34, Preschool Mike wrote:
> I have a textbox with a fill color of white.  How do I change it back to
> transparent/no fill using vba?  Using ppt 2007.
>
> ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("MainChar").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = ?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy
4/20/2010 2:10:59 PM
Thanks that did it
--

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You could try,
>
> ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("MainChar").Fill.Visible=msoFalse
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> On 20/04/2010 14:34, Preschool Mike wrote:
> > I have a textbox with a fill color of white.  How do I change it back to
> > transparent/no fill using vba?  Using ppt 2007.
> >
> > ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("MainChar").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = ?
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
>
> .

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

How can I change the background color of an multiline and read only edit box?
Hi: I create a MFC dialog based project. I put a Edit Box on it with read only and multiline propertys. My question is, How can I change it background color from Dark gray to White? "mRbEn" <mrben_2004@126.com> wrote in message news:efssCIRJFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > I create a MFC dialog based project. I put a Edit Box on it with read only > and multiline propertys. My question is, How can I change it background > color from Dark gray to White? > > Handle the WM_CTLCOLOR message in the dialog or formview that contains the control... HBRUS...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

How Can I Edit the Color Palette in Outlook XP Pro ------NOT OE------- TKS
Hello All: I want to add a custom color to the color palette that you find in the New Message Format Menu: (Open New Message) FORMAT --> BACKGROUND --> COLOR Is there a way to do this? MS gives a palette of 16 colors and I would like to change one or all of the colors given. Thanx!!! ...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

Cell colors #2
Excel 2003, sp2 Hi, I want to use a very light grey color in some of the cells in a worksheet. RGB(234, 234, 234) should produce the color I want, but: Activecell.Interior.Color = RGB(234, 234, 234) results in a white color (Colorindex = 2). Can Excel only handle the 56 predefined colors returned by the ColorIndex function? Regards Pete Yep. But you could replace one of those 56 colors with the shade you want. Tools|options|color tab|modify This color scheme will travel with the workbook--it's not an application setting. If you have multiple workbooks that need this, you&#...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

Change Form Back Color?
This may be a simple answer, but how do you change the form BACK COLOR? I want to change the back color to light orange. This doesn't seem to do it: Form.DatasheetBackColor = 13296895 Thanks. G You need to specify the name of the section you want to change the BackColor Header Footer Detail Me.Detail.BackColor = 13296895 -- Good Luck BS"D "garyh" wrote: > This may be a simple answer, but how do you change the form BACK COLOR? I > want to change the back color to light orange. This doesn't seem to do it: > > Form.DatasheetBackColor = ...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

Transparent Static Problem
Hi,I used this control http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/transparentstatic.asp on a dialog as follows: There is a static control and added a variable of CString to it. It works well and shows the text on transparet background, but when I change the value of the CString variable and call UpdateData it shows the text on opaque background. Can anyone please help? You could probably just call Invalidate() or RedrawWindow() to have it redraw or you could try this one that our home-boy Ali wrote. It works pretty well: http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/TransparentStaticCtrl.asp Tom ...

Conditional format: if formula result is #N/A then make text color white? How?
I have a series of cells that I need to graph. In order to avoid false zero values, I've used an if formula, similar to: =if(isnumber(A2),A2,na()) now I'm going to be using this workbook with some non-computer people who are easily confused by stuff they don't understand, such as a bunch of cells with #N/A in them, so I want to use conditional formatting to set the text color in those cells to white (same as background) when the value shown in #N/A. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what I should put in the conditional formatting box to get this to work- cell value = ?? I'...

change font color based on value?
Is there a simple way to test a column's content for its value (date) and assign a color to the displayed date based upon a date range? Yeah, I'm new to Excel; normally a database kind of guy (or would use Crystal Reports and create formula fields that would display the date only if it was within a certain range and assign a font & color to it). Thanks- --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com > Is there a simple way to test a column's content for its value (date) and > assign a color to the displayed date based upon a date range? ...

Dialog color question
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Hello dear reader, I would like to ask you a litle question, and I would appreciate any response, even the slightest help... Please, if you do respond, be clear on evry step that I should do to make the code work. Thank you! Here is the question: How do I change the backround color of a Dialog, by using the OnCtlColor thing? Here is what the thing looks like: HBRUSH CColorTestDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); m_brush = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColor==CT...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...

How to send a email with red color subject
Hi, In Outlook, I could not find a way to change the subject color. When we send email in the company, some emails are important. We would like to show it in different color in others' inbox. Right now, we just put a overdue follow up flag to make it become red. But it send the reminder to receivers (Could we disable this function in Outlook 2000?). Do we have other options to change its color? Thank you. The subject isn't governed by the same formatting characteristics as the body. You can't really apply custom formatting to it. You can set up Automatic Formatting ru...

XML serialization of custom collection class in VB
I have a custom collection ... clFile that INHERITS from NameObjectCollectionBase the problem is, when I try to create an xmlserializer instance i get an error You must implement a default accessor on brWAP.clFile because it inherits from ICollectio I must be having a thick day because I dont have a clue what the error message means. (I have written a defaut property called ITEM in the clFile class 'Classes to abstract a FILE entity that is persisted in the databas Imports System.Xml.Serializatio Imports dalWAP.dalWA 'A worker class to get the data from the Database and save it b...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...