Title In The Slide Not Showing In Outline

I have a slideshow that has "Title and Text" layout in the slides. My problem
is that when I click the "Outline" tab title of some of the slides is not
displayed and I need the title of the slide to be displayed in the outline.

Why is this happening? Thanks for any tips to fix this problem.

On 3/16/10 1:07 PM, UT wrote:
> I have a slideshow that has "Title and Text" layout in the slides. My problem
> is that when I click the "Outline" tab title of some of the slides is not
> displayed and I need the title of the slide to be displayed in the outline.
>
> Why is this happening? Thanks for any tips to fix this problem.

Things I can think of that can cause this:

(1) Nothing was typed in the title area.
(2) The "title area" isn't really the title area. That is, a regular
text box has been placed in the same place as the title area, and the
real title area is blank.

Did you create the presentation? Did you click where it says "Click to
add title" to add the title?

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

title bar
Excel 2000 Is there a way of changing the contents of the Title bar so Microsoft Excel is not part of the bar? I am doing a special workbook for our company and we want just our company name at the top. Thanks Hi Greg, In the ThisWorkbook module of the special workbook paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.Caption = "My Company Name" <<=== CHANGE End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.Caption = "" End Sub This will apply the custom title bar text when the special workbook is the active workbook and will restore th...

Distributions showing credits before debits after Integration
We are running an AP integration of invoices into Great Plains via Integration Manager and are experiencing an issue with the distributions. The distribution amounts and accounts are correct as well as the debits and credits. However, the problem is after integration, the credits show first, followed by debits, but we would like debits to show first followed by credits at the bottom. The only solution we have found to fix this is to hit the "Redisplay" button on the distributions screen after integration. This will put all debits first (on top) followed by credits (at the bot...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

do not show query field that does not contain data
I am attempting to create a query in where any field that does not contain data in relation to the criteria specified will not be shown in the results. I am aware of the show box however this will not show the field whether it contains data or not. Please help. Thank You You cannot show or hide a field in different rows of a query. All rows in a query result will have the same columns. If you want to show or hide entire columns based on whether or not any record (row) in the result has data in that column, you could do so by using some VBA to build the query string on the fly. You ...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

How do I return to 1st slide when not in use?
I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? On 12/8/09 1:55 PM, in article 1DEBBFEC-0713-4A6E-90F5-8138A0BC3C2B@microsoft.com, "mpmb" <mpmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage > after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? Kiosk mode (Slide Show > Set Up Show > Browsed at a Kiosk) includes this functionality, but it has only worked sporadically in some versions. Which version of PowerPoint are you using? ...

Wrong Name showing up in email from Entourage client
I am running Exchange 2003 and have 1 client whose last name is showing up wrong in his outgoing emails. He is running the Entourage with no service packs. I have checked his Windows and Exchange account and I can't find the incorrect spelling issue. Is there a setting within Entourage that might be overriding this? Thanks John Yes. It is set in Entourage preferences on the client. "John" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeWRuSpJGHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am running Exchange 2003 and have 1 client whose last name is showing up >wrong...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Show values from non-subtotaled columns when doing a sub-total?
I am trying to have Excel carry values from non-subtotaled cloumns to show up on the subtotal row. What values are you trying to show? Instead of subtotals, you may find it easier, and more flexible, to use a Pivot Table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Jim wrote: > I am trying to have Excel carry values from non-subtotaled cloumns to show up > on the subtotal row. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech...

Repositining Title on Title Page of Outline
I want to reposition the Title and subtitle, higher on the Title page. The Page Setup/Layout is alreadyin Vertical alignment, and I do not use "blank lines". Once I indicated which line was the Title and which line was the Subtitle, Word placed the Title and Subtitle one inch below the top margin. How can I move the Title and Subtitle higher on the page? Click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and look for empty paragraphs above your title. Also check the formatting of the paragraph for space before it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Problem: the "color fill" in Excel is NOT showing up on the screen
SWhen I click the "color fill" button to highlight a cell in Exel the color is not showing up on the screen, however it shows up as colored in the Print Preview, or if I print. something has been turned off by someone else and I do not know how to reset it so that I can see the cells that I highlight. I have Windows XP. If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 UC2Pyrs wrote:...

BUG: New emails dont show in inbox
Outlook 2007 has been a dog so far. Slow performance on a very fast mahcine, addins that dont work, and now the worst of them all - new messages to my inbox show as being there but do not appear if I'm looking at my inbox. So for example, I've got 3 folders - inbox and then two other subfolders "business" and "farming." My view is on inbox itself. I hit send/receive and I'll get messages. I'll have 2 new messages in inbox, which is bold, but i cannot see them. I have to click on business or farming to view that folder and then when I click back to inbox they...

Show a date on a Report
Looking to show the Date in a 2 different text box on my report, If I get these 2 I will work the rest out 1st Day of this month and the first day of next month 1-Jan -2008 and 1- Feb - 2008 Thanks for any help.....Bob For the first day of this month try this formula in a text box: =DateSerial(Year(Now()),month(Now()),1) For the first day of next month try this formula in a text box: '=DateSerial(Year(Now()),Month(Now())+1,1) -- Kevin Backmann "Bob V" wrote: > Looking to show the Date in a 2 different text box on my report, If I get > these 2 I will work the r...

title
How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? In the File menu go into Page Setup, then click on the Sheet tab. In Print Titles select the row you want to repeat. Key in 1:1 if you want the first row. 2:2 for second row. 1:2 for first and second row. -- Regards, Martin "lbierer" wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? lbierer wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? File> Page setup > Sheet look for rows to repeat at the top. Click in that box the click o...

Html shows tags and headers in email
I'm trying to design a website which will send automatic html formatted emails to users. Everyone else says they're coming through ok, but in Entourage '08, all I veer see are the headers and html tags. What am I doing wrong in how I've setup my client? Thanks. "Jeffrey Ellis" wrote: > I'm trying to design a website which will send automatic html formatted > emails to users. Everyone else says they're coming through ok, but in > Entourage '08, all I veer see are the headers and html tags. > > What am I doing wrong in how I've setup...

DOS window title..
Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window title.. I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to display opened file name. Thanks. Bob SetConsoleTitle "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:SF_fd.88$op3.2555@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window > title.. > I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to > display opened file name. Thanks. Bob > > Thanks River, can you give a bit more detailed usage of SetC...

Report showing WTD, MTD, YTD Sales
Hi All, Does anyone have an item report showing:- ItemLookupCode Item Description Item Department Item Category Item Week to Date Sales Item Month to Date Sales Item Year to Date Sales If not can someone share a SQL query to get this information? Thanks, Jason. Jason, I am looking for the same thing. Let me know if you find it. Butch butch@addisoncollection.com "Jason" <jason@techadvantage.com.au> wrote in message news:e$EhLwNNFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Does anyone have an item report showing:- > > ItemLookupCode > Item Description...

Pie Chart not showing 0%
Using Excel 2003 sp3, is there a way to tell the chart not to display 0% values? I have various tables where the values are 0 and they are showing up on the Pie chart as 0% (since I am telling it to display the data as percentages). It shows a thin line and the number 0%. Is there a way to tell it not to display the 0 values in both the legend and the Pie chart? Thanks, Tom You can create helper columns with formulas that will exclude the zeros. You can then base the pie chart on the helper columns. The example below shows how: http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/site/analysi...

Page Titles
How do I put a title on a page that may take up several cells without having to widen a cell? Hi Select the cell and some adjancet cells. Goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and choose as horizontal format 'Center across selection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Linda wrote: > How do I put a title on a page that may take up several > cells without having to widen a cell? ...

How do I center the title of a document?
In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I typed. I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. Please help. On Mar 29, 3:54=A0pm, Marain <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line an= d > type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I > typed. =A0I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. =A0Please help. There is a little icon on the taskbar or ribbon) - th...

added public calendar but no appts show up
A user has added a public calendar to her system but none of the appointments in it show up on her PC and the appointment that she added does not show up on the calendar that others have. Is there a delay in synchronizing? Can I force it? TIA Larry I smell Outlook03 in cached mode... "Larry D" wrote: > A user has added a public calendar to her system but none of the > appointments in it show up on her PC and the appointment that she added does > not show up on the calendar that others have. Is there a delay in > synchronizing? Can I force it? TIA > > L...

CFileDialog does not show Network mapped drives
I have write some simple code,this code does not shows network mapped drives when we run it under system account, otherwise under user account it shows them correctly. Any body tell me why did its behaviour change under system account, and how we can do it under system account. CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE); fileDlg.DoModal(); Regards, CrimeMaster This may be a dumb question, but worth asking. Since mapped drives are stored by user, does the "system account' have the same mapped drives and the "user account". What shows up in Windows Explorer? Tom "CrimeMaster&qu...

Copy a slide in greyscale/grayscale
Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it would appear in Grayscale. I've tried doing this with PowerPoint 2003 and it converts the slide back to colour. Any clues ?? Many thanks. David wrote: > Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide > sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a > slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it > would appear in Grayscale. > > I've tried doing this with Pow...

Reinv Gain from 2003 shows now as gain in IRA
I'm REBUYING a mutual fund in an IRA that I owned years ago. I previously sold it all in 2003 and not problem until I just entered my new purchase info - I'll use simple numbers : In jan 2000 I bought $5000 of xyz - in Dec 2000 it had reinv LT CapGain of $250 I sold it for $6000 in 2001 - OK. Today I bought $1000.of it I enter the info in my register and the gain column shows a GAIN of $250 . The cost is $1000 the value is $1000 = no gain . The $250 is the ReINV LTCapGain from years past. I would like the GAIN column to reflect the current purchase not historical info. I 've ...

Lock an object onto slide
how do i lock a slide so that it cannot be edited? I have a slide that is aligned the way i want it to be, but if i send it to someone else, it is all out of place. HELP ME PLEASE!!! :) Just have a look 12 posts ahead!!! "Britt1017" <Britt1017@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4AB204C2-DBAB-4F08-B9C7-787A50B80E88@microsoft.com... > how do i lock a slide so that it cannot be edited? I have a slide that is > aligned the way i want it to be, but if i send it to someone else, it is > all > out of place. HELP ME PLEASE!!! :) ...