Some controls can't be activated

I have a Powerpoint presentation that I received from a 3rd party (*.ppt
files). The presentation includes several animations that I *think* are
Shockwave objects. When the file is first loaded, there is this popup
error message: "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated.
They might not be registered on this computer."  When I click on the
object to run the animation, PP merely advances to the next slide,
instead of running the Shockwave (or Flash, or whatever else it might
be) animation.

This behavior happens with this particular presentation on at least the
following systems:  Windows XP sp3 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; Vista
sp2 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; and Windows 7 running Powerpoint 2007.
  The Vista and Windows 7 also pop up a warning about security level,
but I don't have those either of those computers at the moment, so I
can't give the exact error.

On the XP box, the Adobe test page shows that Shockwave 11.5.6r606 is
properly installed. Likewise, Flash 10,0,45,2 is properly installed.

How do I determine what controls PP is complaining about and go about
"registering" them?  Or is this something that the author of the
presentation needs to do?  In the latter case, what do I need to tell
him to do?

--
Lem
0

This relates to an old version of Adobe Flash player on you computer.
Although you may have upgraded your Adobe Flash player within your browser IE
or Firefox etc, Powerpoint might continued to hold on to the old flash
version.  Although you might have upgraded your flash player within Internet
Explorer, Powerpoint might not seem didn’t seem to register it.  Instead it
was could still be using an older flash player and therefore you will
continue get the message:  Some controls on this presentation can’t be
activated.  They might not be registered on this computer.  You will need
manually perform a flash uninstall and a fresh reinstall.
Uninstalling Your Flash Player
For additional details about uninstalling your flash player, I recommend you
refer to this article:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Next, you will need to launch Internet Explorer and go to the adobe website.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
In some cases, you may want to manually download the installer for use
offline.   Consider going to this site and downloading the flash player
installer for manual installations.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Hope it helps

Lem wrote:
>I have a Powerpoint presentation that I received from a 3rd party (*.ppt
>files). The presentation includes several animations that I *think* are
>Shockwave objects. When the file is first loaded, there is this popup
>error message: "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated.
>They might not be registered on this computer."  When I click on the
>object to run the animation, PP merely advances to the next slide,
>instead of running the Shockwave (or Flash, or whatever else it might
>be) animation.
>
>This behavior happens with this particular presentation on at least the
>following systems:  Windows XP sp3 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; Vista
>sp2 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; and Windows 7 running Powerpoint 2007.
>  The Vista and Windows 7 also pop up a warning about security level,
>but I don't have those either of those computers at the moment, so I
>can't give the exact error.
>
>On the XP box, the Adobe test page shows that Shockwave 11.5.6r606 is
>properly installed. Likewise, Flash 10,0,45,2 is properly installed.
>
>How do I determine what controls PP is complaining about and go about
>"registering" them?  Or is this something that the author of the
>presentation needs to do?  In the latter case, what do I need to tell
>him to do?

a1k1do
5/7/2010 4:33:12 PM
Good thought, but NOT the solution.

I downloaded and ran the Flash Player uninstaller from Adobe and then
rebooted. I checked the folder where the the Flash Player files had been
located (%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash) and nothing was left.
Moreover, Secunia PSI, which had picked up the presence of old versions
of both Flash Player and Shockwave hanging around even though Firefox
and IE reported the latest versions, no longer showed the old versions.

I then downloaded and installed the latest Flash Player. I checked in
both Firefox and IE and confirmed that the latest version was installed.

I opened the ppt file and got the same error message. The symptoms I
described earlier are still present.

For good measure, I also uninstalled Shockwave Player. I made the same
checks, and it indeed was completely gone. I downloaded and installed
the latest Shockwave Player. The ppt error is still there.

Any other suggestions?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/7/2010 5:44:12 PM
OK..I'm stumped. for what its worth Shockwave would not be a single embedded
file, it relies on other assets (xtras etc) that would need to be co-located
with the ppt in question.  My only other thought would be to run script to
extract the embedded swf (flash) files if that’s what they are.
Good luck

Lem wrote:
>Good thought, but NOT the solution.
>
>I downloaded and ran the Flash Player uninstaller from Adobe and then
>rebooted. I checked the folder where the the Flash Player files had been
>located (%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash) and nothing was left.
>Moreover, Secunia PSI, which had picked up the presence of old versions
>of both Flash Player and Shockwave hanging around even though Firefox
>and IE reported the latest versions, no longer showed the old versions.
>
>I then downloaded and installed the latest Flash Player. I checked in
>both Firefox and IE and confirmed that the latest version was installed.
>
>I opened the ppt file and got the same error message. The symptoms I
>described earlier are still present.
>
>For good measure, I also uninstalled Shockwave Player. I made the same
>checks, and it indeed was completely gone. I downloaded and installed
>the latest Shockwave Player. The ppt error is still there.
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>> This relates to an old version of Adobe Flash player on you computer.
>> Although you may have upgraded your Adobe Flash player within your browser IE
>[quoted text clipped - 41 lines]
>>> presentation needs to do?  In the latter case, what do I need to tell
>>> him to do?

a1k1do
5/7/2010 6:36:36 PM
I might be mistaken but I think aikido (substitute 1's for i's at will) is
suggesting that the shockwave object in PowerPoint may be asking for a version of
the player that's not installed on your PC.

It seems odd that the newer player wouldn't register itself as the new "owner" of
stuff intended for the older player but it's always possible.

Removing the player from your pc and reinstalling (unless you were able to find
and install the version it's after) wouldn't help.  Installing the latest one
when the SWF is insisting on an older version won't get you there, if this is
indeed the cause.

One of us could cobble you up a little macro that'd look at each OLE object and
give you a little info about it.  That might help you narrow things down.
Perhaps it's not a shockwave object at all.

In article <ufw2ozg7KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Lem wrote:
> [...]
> >> instead of running the Shockwave (or Flash, or whatever else it might
> >> be) animation.
> >>
> >> This behavior happens with this particular presentation on at least the
> >> following systems:  Windows XP sp3 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; Vista
> >> sp2 running Powerpoint 2003 sp3; and Windows 7 running Powerpoint 2007.
> >>  The Vista and Windows 7 also pop up a warning about security level,
> >> but I don't have those either of those computers at the moment, so I
> >> can't give the exact error.
> >>
> >> On the XP box, the Adobe test page shows that Shockwave 11.5.6r606 is
> >> properly installed. Likewise, Flash 10,0,45,2 is properly installed.
> >>
> >> How do I determine what controls PP is complaining about and go about
> >> "registering" them?  Or is this something that the author of the
> >> presentation needs to do?  In the latter case, what do I need to tell

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
5/7/2010 6:54:23 PM
I'd appreciate any help in tracking this down, especially because,
apparently, this problem is not unique to me. I could upload the ppt to
Skydrive, but it's pretty big (11.4 MB).

The organization that supplied the CD with the Powerpoint presentation
including the following on its website. I tried the suggestion and it
didn't help, but the version numbers below suggest that you may be on to
something. The ppt file was created on 12/15/08 so it almost certainly
uses an old version of flash/shockwave/whatever. The current version of
the Flash activeX plugin is Flash10e.ocx
<quote>
> PowerPoint/Flash Problems
>
> If you have been trying to use PowerPoint for one of our courses or seminars and receive the error message "Some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They may not be registered on your computer.", try the following few steps from Microsoft Tech Services that should help resolve the problem:
>
> The error message you are seeing is usually related to a flash OCX file not being properly registered on your computer. You could try the following to resolve your issue:
>
>    1.
>       Quit PowerPoint.
>    2.
>       Run the following command (using Start -> in the start search box, type in the following command):
>       regsvr32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx"
>
> Note that the exact path may vary and the command should be applied to any of the following files that exist in the noted directory:
>
>     * flash.ocx
>     * flash8.ocx
>     * flash9.ocx
</quote>

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/7/2010 7:48:56 PM
Try this:

Start a new presentation
Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor
Insert a new module
Copy/Paste the code below into the module

Open your problem presentation
Press Ctrl+G if the IMMEDIATE window's not visible
Press F5 to run the code

Look in the immediate window for the results
You'll get a list of slide numbers and the "ProgID"
or Program ID of each OLE object on each slide in the pressie.

That may give you a hint as to which is causing the issue.

Sub ReportObjectProgIDs()
' Press Ctrl+G to open the IMMEDIATE window
' in the VBA editor
' Results will be displayed there

Dim oSl As Slide
Dim oSh As Shape

For Each oSl In ActivePresentation.Slides
    For Each oSh In oSl.Shapes
        If oSh.Type = msoLinkedOLEObject _
        Or oSh.Type = msoEmbeddedOLEObject Then
            Debug.Print oSl.SlideIndex & _
            vbtab & oSh.OLEFormat.ProgID
        End If
    Next    ' Shape
Next     ' Slide

End Sub

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
5/8/2010 4:48:26 PM
Something happened ... but it's not what we expected. This is the
complete output that appeared in the IMMEDIATE window:

26  Photoshop.Image.8
27  Photoshop.Image.8
27  Photoshop.Image.8

There are 42 slides in the problem presentation.  I *think* that slides
26 and 27 are supposed to have some kind of "effect" that doesn't seem
to be working quite properly, but it's not the type of animation that I
originally was concerned with. Slide 9 is the first slide in the
presentation that has that type of "problem animation."

I modified your code a little to get some more info.  For each shape in
Slide 9, I printed oSh.Name and oSh.Type. Here's the output, but I don't
know what to make of it:

Slide Index is 9
Shape Name is Slide Number Placeholder 5
Shape Type is 17
Shape Name is Object 10
Shape Type is 13
Shape Name is Rectangle 2
Shape Type is 14
Shape Name is Text Box 8
Shape Type is 17
Shape Name is Line 9
Shape Type is 9
Shape Name is ShockwaveFlash1
Shape Type is 12

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/8/2010 7:17:41 PM
Here's some more information.

First, if I View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox and then click on the
"More Controls" button, both "Shockwave Active X Control" and "Shockwave
Flash Object" are listed.

Second, when I right click on the area of the slide that has what is
supposed to be the animation and select "Properties," the properties
window that pops up is entirely empty.  There also is an entry in that
context menu named "Shockwave Flash Object Object". That leads to a
submenu with two entries, "Edit" (which is active) and "Convert" (which
is greyed out). Clicking on "Edit" results in the error message "An
error occurred during creation of an ActiveX control."

It seems as if the author of this presentation has been a bit too
tricky.  A person connected with the author told me that there should
have been a *.mwv file or files (which he said was "wave files")
associated with the presentation. He said that "the PPT goes out and
looks for the mwv file so if they are in different locations (files)
they can not connect." There was no such mwv file on the CD that I was
given; I'm looking for it.  Is it possible that the Flash movie is not
embedded in the presentation but somehow linked to an external file?
Shouldn't I at least be able to see the reference to such a file?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/8/2010 8:14:41 PM
My mistake ... I forgot that inserted flash objects are OLE Controls.

This might help a bit more:

Sub ReportObjectProgIDs()
' Press Ctrl+G to open the IMMEDIATE window
' in the VBA editor
' Results will be displayed there

Dim oSl As Slide
Dim oSh As Shape

For Each oSl In ActivePresentation.Slides
    For Each oSh In oSl.Shapes
        If oSh.Type = msoLinkedOLEObject _
        Or oSh.Type = msoEmbeddedOLEObject Then
            Debug.Print oSl.SlideIndex & _
            vbTab & oSh.OLEFormat.ProgID
        End If
        If oSh.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then
            Debug.Print oSl.SlideIndex & _
            vbTab & oSh.Name & _
            vbTab & oSh.OLEFormat.Object.Movie & _
            vbTab & oSh.OLEFormat.Object.MovieData
        End If
    Next    ' Shape
Next     ' Slide

End Sub

If you rightclick on the flash object and choose Properties you'll get a list of some
of the other stuff you can look at by tacking their names onto:

oSh.OLEFormat.Objext.

I don't see anything that gives the required/expected Shockwave object version though.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
5/8/2010 10:18:01 PM
In article <eigxYsu7KHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Lem wrote:
> Here's some more information.
>
> First, if I View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox and then click on the
> "More Controls" button, both "Shockwave Active X Control" and "Shockwave
> Flash Object" are listed.
>
> Second, when I right click on the area of the slide that has what is
> supposed to be the animation and select "Properties," the properties
> window that pops up is entirely empty.  There also is an entry in that
> context menu named "Shockwave Flash Object Object". That leads to a
> submenu with two entries, "Edit" (which is active) and "Convert" (which
> is greyed out). Clicking on "Edit" results in the error message "An
> error occurred during creation of an ActiveX control."
>
> It seems as if the author of this presentation has been a bit too
> tricky.  A person connected with the author told me that there should
> have been a *.mwv file or files (which he said was "wave files")
> associated with the presentation. He said that "the PPT goes out and
> looks for the mwv file so if they are in different locations (files)
> they can not connect."

WMV rather than MWV, I expect, but that'd be a linked movie, not a shockwave object, I'd
expect.  But the fact that it's an ActiveX control rather than the Shockwave Flash Object
(the normal way to insert flash) suggests that you've located the problem.

The Active X control is, I'm guessing, something only someone licensed to use it can make
use of, not something that should be used for distributing flash.  They should be using
the Shockwave Flash Object.

So nice detective work ... I think you've nailed it.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
5/8/2010 10:18:01 PM
Very interesting. When I ran your revised code on the problem
presentation, it threw a runtime error: Method 'Object' of object
'OLEFormat' failed.  Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)'

But it's not your code that's the problem. When I inserted a Shockwave
object into a new ppt file and made that the active presentation, the
code worked exactly as expected.

The run-time error no doubt is related to the fact that, as I noted in
an earlier post, the mystery object that calls itself ShockwaveFlash has
no properties.

It's time to go back to the author of the presentation.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/8/2010 10:58:05 PM
> It's time to go back to the author of the presentation.

Sure sounds that way to me.  Let us know what you find out, ok?

0
Steve

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Workflow in Service Activity: Advanced Find
I do not see the "more actions" menu in an advanced find for Service Activities. Is this by design or am I missing something? The only way I can run a manual workflow on a Service Activity is to open it. ...

Associate an activity to each record of a marketing list
Hi all, If Im not wrong, when distibuting a campaign activity, that activity is assigned to people (record owers or myself). However, I would like the activity to be displayed in the activities of each record of the marketing list. How to do that? Thank you! ...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

WSS and Active Directory
Hi, I am not able to login into to the share point site with any of the domain users. i can login only as an administrator. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Creating a Dynamic DHTML /XML newsfeed Transform http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ee93c0be-7bd1-41c5-9754-14617939cc6a/creating-a-dynamic-dhtml.aspx ------=_NextPart_0001_1F5AF746 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Have you provided permissions to the users. Site actions -> Site settings -> Peope & Groups -> Provide access. Harish K -----...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...

Has anyone here created a control that controlled the content of other controls? I have my own custom ad control (for displaying space ads). I may have several on a page. What I'd like it to create another control that could determine how many instances of the first control existed on the current page, build a list of ads, and then set each control to show a particular ad. Is this practical? Suggestions? Thanks. Jonathan "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:uQ5stZRnKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone...

Controlling drawing objects in Excel . . .
i m trying to do the following. 1) i draw 10 circles, 10 rectangles and 10 ellipses (all are scattering here & there) in excel. 2) i would like to change all the sizes of circles with minimum steps. [Is it possible to control in such a way that a circle is drawn as a master one, and that circle will be copied and copied until required number. When we want to change something to all circles, we will change the master circle, and all other circles will be automatically changed.] If someone knows, kindly explain to me. Thanks & Have a nice day!!! Thaw Htin Oo. Thaw, (Oo?) One...

In macros, an instruction that returns the position of the Active Cell
In a macro, how can I make it return the position of the Active Cell Colum & Line. Or how can I set that position as a Condition; e.g. �If ActiveCell i B7 Then�.� Or �If ActiveCell belongs to Column G Then�.� Thanks in advance for any help. AC -- ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aca's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=385 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187368645 Hi Sub test() Dim ws1 As Worksheet Set ws1 = Workbooks("Tester.xls").Sheets("Sheet2") With ws1 MsgBox ("Cell address is &qu...

Need more than 1208 controls per sheet
Hi, Does anyone know how to go around the limitation of MS Excel, which doesn't let the user, through automation, to create more than 1208 controls (checkboxes, buttons, or combination of two for example) on one sheet?? Thanks much! -- mowali ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mowali's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491476 I don't know whether it is possible to overcome the limit, but I would not use a worksheet where the ...

Enableing SSL for active sync in exchange
I would like to know how to enable the SSL authentication for users using activesync(smart phone users). I see the check box on the smart phone but when i click the box it does not authenticate, when i uncheck it everything works great. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23Ijlp8jEHHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I would like to know how to enable the SSL authent...

Email activities should let us integrate images
Following the cases support team request's, most of the support calls comes in as email with a print screen of the problem. We want to be able to document the case by simply promoting the email in CRM attach it to the case and be able to still view the image that was sent. we are using crm 3.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

MFC Table control or similar control
Hi, I have a MFC dialog database application that returns data which i then put into an excel spreadsheet and display onscreen. Due to license issues i would like to write the data to a user defined control. I would like this control to have a similar tabular look like the excel spreadsheet. It should also have the option on control to print out what data is in the control. I would also like to be able to put a bitmap on the control (Showing a logo). Can anyone give me advice on how what control(s) i should use to accomplish this? Thanks In Advance Macca You could buy a third party ...