slide show stops at first slide

When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What
should I do?
-2

Minnie;

We require a little more information to be able to help with your
presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to
check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on
mouse click is not the only item checked.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> What
> should I do?

0
Michael
2/14/2010 2:20:27 PM
Do you have music in the file?

"Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> What
> should I do?

0
Echo
2/14/2010 3:08:49 PM
On 2/14/10 9:13 AM, Minnie wrote:
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What
> should I do?

There are lots of things that can make this happen. In addition to what
the others have said:

(1) Go to Slide Show > Set Up Show and make sure that all slides are set
to play, not just slides 1 to 1 or a custom show.

(2) Check to see if you have any hidden slides. The easiest way to check
this is by going to Slide Sorter View and seeing if the slide numbers
have a light box with around them with a slash through them. This would
indicate a hidden slide. If you get this, unhide the slides and try again.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

"Michael Koerner" wrote:

> Minnie;
>
> We require a little more information to be able to help with your
> presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to
> check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on
> mouse click is not the only item checked.
>
> --
>   Michael Koerner
> MS MVP - PowerPoint
>

> "Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> > What
> > should I do?

Generally, you need WAV files to make this happen. However, sometimes,
you can put a special header on MP3 files to fool PowerPoint into
thinking they are WAV. Read the details here:

Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
0
David

Cell showing date and time
I have a cell set up as format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss and the contents are 01/01/1995 00:00:00 In the cell below I put 01/01/1995 01:00:00 then fill the cells for a few hundred. After about 200 cells the value shows as 09/01/1995 10:00:01 - in other words the increment being added for each cell is slightly greater than the desired one hour. I assume this is a lack of precision in the cell value. Is there a way of changing this? I am using Excel 2007. Grateful for advice. Enter the first date/time in A1 and in A2 enter: =A2+TIME(1,0,0) and copy down -- Gary'...

PPT 07 from PPT03 imported slides doe not 'insert' slide number
Since migrating to MS Office 2007, my old slides when upgraded to PPT 07 will not allowme to add a page numberon the slides. I have saved the slide show to a new show, I have tried placin gin the field on Master View, I have simply tied the 'button' to insert slide number. I get no results, after multiple multiple efforts. Anyone fiind a work around? I do not need to re-build 60-slides for training just to have a page number. Hi, You need to ensure that the slide number placeholder is set in the master template. Slide master/ master layout/ tick slide number >...

DPM Newsgroup will stop working from June 30. 06-08-10
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get their queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live...

Chart showing rates of increase
I am a trainer and have been given the fictitious scenario described below to test my Excel skills. My question is: What is the best way to build a chart to show the RATES OF INCREASE between Price of Crude Oil and the Cost of Heating Oil for three different companies. Here is he scenario: You are asked to put some learning together for a group of litigation attorneys who will be off site for a trial. They need to learn the easiest way to turn an excel spreadsheet into a chart and put it into PowerPoint presentation. The spreadsheets are not very complex they say. They are tracking...

want liks to work when convert ppt to html without showing the out
I would like to convert a ppt 2007 file to html. I want to require that viewers click through each slide so I don't want to show the outline. However, when I do this there is a problem. When a hypertext link is clicked on and then closed it brings you to the beginning of the presentation. In article <AFFCE372-344A-4707-B544-A64BD5B57FAA@microsoft.com>, Lvk2000 wrote: > I would like to convert a ppt 2007 file to html. I want to require that > viewers click through each slide so I don't want to show the outline. > However, when I do this there is a proble...

Pivot Tables: Unable to Group and Show Detail
I am trying to group a column of dates by year and month, and I've done it before and it's worked fine. But now it's saying "Cannot group on that Selection". I checked the data and it's in date format and there aren't any blank or null values. It seems like this is a bug because I've done it before with the same exact data. Have any of you had this problem? What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Lis Is it possible that some of your dates are actually text that look like dates? Save the file. Then, in a blank cell type =ISNUMBER(A1), where A1 represents one of...

Calander Sharing without details showing
Is it possible to share a calander with someone else and only show them the blocked off hours without any details of the appointments? This person also wants to share his calander normally with his assistant. Running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Only if he marks all of the appointments as private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchang...

propertysheet slide in/out
When I clicked on the different property pages, how to give a sense to sliding in/out? In other words, the next page slowly slides in, giving you a sense you are going to the next step. Somewhere I saw those kind of applications, anybody knows some samples? thanks I think those applications create there own proerty sheets (not using MFC property sheets). I haven't seen any way of overriding that behaviour. "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa9Y68PaEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I clicked on the different property pages, h...

how do I stop my signature from appearing in doublespace
how do I stop my signature from appearing in doublespace? stoweflake <stoweflake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I stop my signature from appearing in doublespace? Use Shift-Enter between lines instead of Enter. -- Brian Tillman thanks Brian, but I've entered in in the signature field correctly, it's just that when it appears in a message, it is doublespaced. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > stoweflake <stoweflake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > how do I stop my signature from appearing in doublespace? > > Use Shift-Ente...

How to update existing Full Name with First Middle Last
Hello, I have existing contacts that have a First Middle and Last name. I am trying to run a SQL script update so that the full name has all three names. It works fine if the contact has all three, but not so well if the contact has only first and last name. I'm using the script: UPDATE contactbase SET fullname = ISNULL(firstname, '') + ' ' + ISNULL(middlename, '') + ' ' + ISNULL(lastname, '') However, when I do this, the full name of the contact will have an extra space if the contact does not have a middle name. For example, it will re...

How to show a Dialog that is in maximed state initially
I am trying to show a dialog when a button is pressed. I know that call Dialog d; d.DoModal(); What else show be do be done in order to show the dialog in a maximized state. I added the properties Minimize/Maximize from the properties . Psl guide. Bhargavi You could use a ShowWindow() call in the OnInitDialog() function for the dialog to show it maximized. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/72szh9c7.aspx Tom "Bhargs" <bhargavi_ks2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1150301229.668141.55560@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to show a dialog when a bu...

slide show stops at first slide
When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What should I do? Minnie; We require a little more information to be able to help with your presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on mouse click is not the only item checked. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F5FACB4-5F54-4561-A7FD-AA3D700642EF@microsoft.com... > When I click on "Sli...

Outlook 2007 has stopped working
I have been running Outlook 2007 reasonably happily. It suddenly stopped working and suggests that windows will look for a solution and then to close the program. When I start the program again it asks if I want to start in safe mode. I have answered both yes and no - the program still won't restart. I then tried repairing the program and reinstalling Office 2007 - to no avail. The other Office Suite programs are working fine - not Outlook. I'm running Vista Home Sorry Vince I am a little more inexperienced than that. Is there not an easy fix/ Reinstalling but I haven'...

Public Folder: Contacs : Deleted Contacts Still Showing Up In Outlook
How could I clean up the Ghost Contact Lists I created when I didn't know what I was doing. I have, hmmm, possibly 15 or so folders that were contact lists in the public folder. Now, since I have a better understanding of what I'm doing with My contact lists, I need to clean up the Folder Names ( which have been deleted ) that show up in Outlook 2003. I see them when I have a message to send out, and I navigate from the TO: button, and drop down where it says Global Address Book. Thank You Have you tried deleting them from within Exchange System Manager? Nue "Jeliaus" ...

Outlook 2003 Add-In buttons stop working after remote desktop connection
All current XP and Office patches installed (not XP SP2 yet). I'm not certain of exactly how to reproduce this because it is kind of random. I have a custom addin and after accessing outlook through a remote desktop connection the addin button stops working sometimes (keeps working at other times). At first I was thinking it was something with my addin, but I noticed that the same thing happens with Import New Assignments from the Project addin for outlook. When you click on the addin button on the toolbar nothing happens - it doesn't cause an error or anything, it's just like ...

Invoices not showing as business income
I have upgraded to money sm business 2006 from 2004 and when I recieve money for an invoice money does not put this into my business income and it looks like I have no income. It worked fine in the 2004 version. What do I need to do to make recieved invoices show up in reports as income? ...

show all price list in HTML bar for each selected item
In RMS client would like to see all the price lists appear when they select an item in the POS screen. MBS says this could probably be done in the HTML status bar but I don't know how to do that. Has anyone else had such a request or done something like this? Thanks ...

Stop interpreting Value as date.
Is there any way to stop MS Excel from automaticaly changing a value in a cell such as "02-04" to "2 April". Even if I format the cell as text, the value becomes the date serial value for "02-04". Hi Either format the cell as text before you enter the information, or put a single apostrophe ' before you type it in. Hope this helps. -- Andy. "Rod Jones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13f2701c44495$d0946ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to stop MS Excel from automaticaly > changing a valu...

Show actual days
I have two tables : CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT]( [ClientKey] [int] NOT NULL, [PgmKey] [int] NULL, [Date_Admit_Program] [datetime] NULL, [Date_Discharged_Program] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_SYS_FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DateLookup]( [DateKey] [int] NOT NULL, [DateFull] [datetime] NULL, [CharacterDate] [varchar](10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [FullYear] [char](4) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [QuarterNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekDayName] [varchar](10)...

Why won't my inserted pictures show up on the screen?
None of my lines or pictures show up on the screen when working with Publisher. They print out just fine, but it's hard to create a decent document if you can't see the border lines or pictures! Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jkcenterprises" <jkcenterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B2AA14-6777-46C6-891B-A929D1F761B5@microsoft...

userform stopping duplication
XL2000 userform is there something I can add to this code that will stop duplication of an item. Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim r As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Parts") With ws If .AutoFilterMode Then If .FilterMode Then .ShowAllData End If End If End With r = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row ws.Range("A" & r).Value = txtPartnumber.Value ws.Range("B" & r).Value = txtQty.Value ws.Range("C" & r).Value = txtdescription.Value ws.Range("d" & r).Value = txtmanufacture.Value ws.R...

Saving animations in ppt slides
I have copied an excel graph in ppt. After creating custom animations by series, I edited some of the excel graph series so they do not animate. In other words, lets say I wanted to animate only 3 out of a group of 6 series of data. Whenever I save the file, it reverts back to animating every series in the graph. I want to save with only the three data fields that I need animated and not all of the series. HELP! Is this an Access question? If not, your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access...

How do I get lines I have drawn to show on the screen?
I have continuously had problems seeing the objects I draw in a Publisher document. It isn't only lines, but circles, etc. I can draw the line fine, it shows as I am drawing it, but once I let go of the mouse it disappears. It is still there, I can click on the line to move it or change it, but it never shows up on my screen. It will print just fine, but I can't see it to make the minute changes needed. This probably is your video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this all...

Exchange 2003 stops responding
Hi, I'm hoping someone would have an answer for this. We are running Exchange on Server 2003. We have several offsite locaitons that connect to us via ISDN and T1 connections. The sites are complaining that after leaving Outlook (2002 and 2003) open for some time, they get a message "retrieving data from server". They lose any information they've typed at this time and they're offline. I've had them reset the timeout setting from 30 to 160 per a MS knowledge base article but that has not helped. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Show zeros after decimal
Hello - For some reason, I am unable to type 0.000 or 0.100 in code. Everytime I do it, it's automatically stripped away to 0.0 or 0.1. Is there a setting or something I need to change? -- Sheldon Sheldon schrieb: > Hello - > > For some reason, I am unable to type 0.000 or 0.100 in code. Everytime I do > it, it's automatically stripped away to 0.0 or 0.1. > > Is there a setting or something I need to change? 0.1 is the same as 0.100 Numbers don't have leading or trailing decimal places. Only strings have. -- Armin "Sheldon...