slide show stops at first slide

  • Follow

When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What
should I do?
-1
Reply Utf 2/14/2010 2:13:01 PM

Minnie;

We require a little more information to be able to help with your
presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to
check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on
mouse click is not the only item checked.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> What
> should I do?

0
Reply Michael 2/14/2010 2:20:27 PM

Do you have music in the file?

"Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> What
> should I do?

0
Reply Echo 2/14/2010 3:08:49 PM

On 2/14/10 9:13 AM, Minnie wrote:
> When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops. What
> should I do?

There are lots of things that can make this happen. In addition to what
the others have said:

(1) Go to Slide Show > Set Up Show and make sure that all slides are set
to play, not just slides 1 to 1 or a custom show.

(2) Check to see if you have any hidden slides. The easiest way to check
this is by going to Slide Sorter View and seeing if the slide numbers
have a light box with around them with a slash through them. This would
indicate a hidden slide. If you get this, unhide the slides and try again.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

I am working with Power Point 2003
I have inserted MP3 files that i would likwe to play as my slides Transition.
When I go to the slide show, my first slide comes up, the MP# file begins,
but no other transitions happen. I am stuck on the first slide

"Michael Koerner" wrote:

> Minnie;
>
> We require a little more information to be able to help with your
> presentation, mainly the version of PowerPoint your using. You might want to
> check your slide transitions to make sure that advance to next slide on
> mouse click is not the only item checked.
>
> --
>   Michael Koerner
> MS MVP - PowerPoint
>

> "Minnie" <Minnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click on "Slide show", it only shows the first slide and stops.
> > What
> > should I do?

0
Reply Utf 5/13/2010 1:21:01 PM

Generally, you need WAV files to make this happen. However, sometimes,
you can put a special header on MP3 files to fool PowerPoint into
thinking they are WAV. Read the details here:

Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland
0
Reply David 5/13/2010 1:29:08 PM

(page loaded in 0.096 seconds)