Shuffling my slides

I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become
random?

You will need to use vba code

Examples here: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00429.htm

and here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/vbasamples.html (scroll down)
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"drock7795" wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become
> random?
Tushar created a free add-in that I have used many times (primarily for
walk-in slideshows of previous day activity at staged corporate shows).
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/powerpoint/randomslideshow/

--
Troy @ TLC
MS PowerPoint MVP

"drock7795" <drock7795@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they
> become
> random?

0
Troy

How to Paste in Powerpoint without losing the format of the slide
When pasting a slide from one presentation to another, I find that I lose the original format or layout of the slide. I have been told that a small icon appears when pasting offering to keep the original format....I just don't get that. I have Powerpoint 2007 for Students, running on Vista. Any ideas? PowerPoint 2007 Try the following:- Office Button (top left hand corner) PowerPoint Options (lower right hand corner) Advanced (on left hand side) then, on the right hand side, under Cut, copy, and paste toggle off or on (as desired) the Show Paste Option buttons box ...

Slide Control
Has anyone used a Slide Control in a form to change a number field up/down and if so how can I do it or where can I download the control. Thanks in advance. Ross Hi Ross, There's a Slider control in the Microsoft Coomon Controls; you should be find it if you look in the More Controls list from the controls toolbox. It's easy to use: after you drag it onto your form, you can get to its properties via the right-click menu, and set its min and max values (and several other properties). Or you can set the properties via code, probably most usefully from the form's Open o...

DashBoard Slides
Does anyone have any information on these In your car? Sorry for the mirth, but please post what you are trying to do. -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at the original www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com See you at PowerPoint Live? www.pptlive.com ------------------------------------------ "Higher Ed" <Higher Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E05E553F-9E6F-4D91-96D2-4EFAD6524BD4@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any information on these 'Dashboard' gener...

How do I shuffle a group of cells randomly in Excel?
generally this is achieved via the use of a "helper"column - another column adjacent to what you want to sort where you type in a function to generate random numbers (e.g. =ROUND(RAND()*100,0) ) and then you change this column from a formula to values (copy it, select it again - edit / paste special - values) and then you sort of this column to get a "random" sort. The column can be deleted once you've sorted. Cheers JulieD "golfmoab" <golfmoab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF26C8FE-432C-40B2-9632-F74DCF1AD70B@microsoft.com...

Saving animations in ppt slides
I have copied an excel graph in ppt. After creating custom animations by series, I edited some of the excel graph series so they do not animate. In other words, lets say I wanted to animate only 3 out of a group of 6 series of data. Whenever I save the file, it reverts back to animating every series in the graph. I want to save with only the three data fields that I need animated and not all of the series. HELP! Is this an Access question? If not, your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access...

Spontaneous slide changes
I have been working on a PPT deck for several months, using MS Powerpoint 2007 and Windows XP. Today, for the first time, I found that slides and animations would advance spontaneously in a slide show. To my knowledge, I have changed nothing to make this happen. I would be grateful for any advice you can offer on how to solve this. Regards, Rob Parkinson Most probably, you have recently set the slides for automatic/timed transitions. PowerPoint moves through slide builds automatically, when the slide has automatic slide transitions. - Chirag PowerShow - View ...

copy a brochure to slides
How do I copy a brochure that I made on to slides for a presentation? ...

How can I prevent publishing "hidden slides" in Acrobat format
I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. Any ideas? AFAIK, if the slide is hidden it won't print unless you tell it. Make sure that when you print the checkmark is removed from the Print Hidden slides. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Lee Miller" <Lee Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234764EA-EC7E-4E52-B2D7-5D3BEB95435E@microsoft.com... > I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. > Any > ideas? ...

after each slide return to a certain slide
I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide? Thanks On 2/22/10 11:01 AM, Mary Sue wrote: > I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the > answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I > need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide? > > Thanks Here are a couple of things to try: (1) If they click on a butto...

Shuffling my slides
I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become random? You will need to use vba code Examples here: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00429.htm and here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/vbasamples.html (scroll down) -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "drock7795" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to shuffle my slides so that they become > random? Tushar created a free add-in that I have used many times (primarily f...

Publisher Slide Show
I have created several publisher documents and I want to put them together in a slide show, how do I do that? Its not anything that is being published to the web, its strictly for a presentation. Should I use PowerPoint and if so... how? Confuzzed wrote: > I have created several publisher documents and I want to put them together in > a slide show, how do I do that? Its not anything that is being published to > the web, its strictly for a presentation. Should I use PowerPoint and if > so... how? Publisher is for creating published publications, and PowerPoint is for ...

How do I get an action button on power point slide to play a DVD?
I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on the 7th slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the presentation. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi, The first thing to do is to create a shape(for instance, a square). Click on the " Links" Tab and click on "Actions." An " Actions Settings" window should appear. Click on " Hyperlink to" and select " to file." Once there select the file you want to play after you press the button...

How do I randomly shuffle the cells in a column?
In Excel 2003, I have a column, say a1-a10, with certain entries. I need to create another column, b1-b10, with the same entries assigned randomly (shuffled) to the cells. Just one way .. Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$10)) Put in C1: =RAND() Select B1:C1, copy down to C10 B1:B10 returns a random shuffle of what's in A1:A10 Press F9 to re-shuffle -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Jason D" <Jason D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36244977-7EE5-436B-8617-59C15310B080@microsoft.com... >...

Shuffle slides
I want my powerpoint when playing to shuffle all slides (play at random selection and continuously looping) how do i do this? Do you have access to the machine (admin rights)? Can you use VBA code on the machine? Will it be distributed? Completely random order, or a selection of random jumps? You can start here and post back additional questions: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00429.htm Bill Dilworth "hwhelan" <hwhelan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C9EABEC-2893-4D0F-9ABA-CCDAAA56F033@microsoft.com... >I want my powerpoint when playing to...

Slow transition between slides
Hello out there, I am having a problem with changing slides in powerpoint 2007. That is, when I'm in normal or slideshow view it takes almost 5 seconds to change slides! Most of the slides have pictures on them. One suggestion I have tried is to compress the pictures in the presentation, and that has not helped. I've also tried the suggestions on that webpage titled "powerpoint got the slows" and had little success. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks. On the tool Bar when you click on Animations, is there a checkmark in he Advance...

remove line around slide when sending to Word
how do I remove the default shadow behind my slides and the line around the edge of my slides so I can use Send to Word and not have my slides end up with an uneditable hard edge around them? Thanks for any insight. I came up with a workaround. The issue is that when you use Send To Word, the slide goes as an object. What I discovered was that by selecting the object I can choose FORMAT>BORDERS AND SHADING and remove the SHADOW ... BUT!!!! This is ONLY true as long as the object has not been modifiied in any way. That is if I select the object and resize it, then I c...

Can you apply the built-in slide themes to individual slides?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I've just switched over from a PC. I used to be able to apply different built-in slide themes to INDIVIDUAL slides within the same presentation. On my Mac, it will only apply them to the entire presentation. I can't find any way of only applying them to individual slides. Surely there must be a way to do it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. <br><br>FZ Themes are applied to slideshows in their entirety. If you want some slides to use a different theme, you will have to create a separate prese...

Yet another shuffle thread
As of late, I've been noticing some quirks regarding the shuffle mode on WMP 12 and 11. 1) Out of an obnoxious number of songs, it only plays the same 50-100 tracks. (All you need to know is that I have well over the max number of selectable tracks in track view, which is something like 1,234) 2) If in the middle of a shuffled play the user manually changes tracks, it will eventually get back to where it was in the exact same order. 3) If you have anything by the Beetles, it prefers to play these tracks 10+ times more than any other song. And by this, I do mean the same ...

Insert Multiple Pages from Word in Multiple PowerPoint Slides
I have a 10-page Word document (2003) that I want to insert into PowerPoint (2003) While in PP, I went to Insert > Object and then browsed to find the doc. and then I inserted it. But it only inserts the first page of the Word. doc. into the 1st slide. I want it to insert 10 pages into 10 slides. What can I do to insert all the pages? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen In Word, File, you have Send to...PPT If you have use the Style, y'll get one slide per Style part "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F1D7D2...

Shuffling Rows
help!!! How do I shuffle ROWs on microsoft excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wefva00" <wefva00.z7pty@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:wefva00.z7pty@excelforum-nospam.com... > help!!! > How do I shuffle ROWs on microsoft excel? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Sliding Doors
Been to all the links posted on this site. Looking for a sliding door for a room layout, any ideas? What version of Visio? I have sliding doors in 2002 and 2003 Pro. Randall Arnold "JEM" <abc@defg.com> wrote in message news:OZgP9ZDSEHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Been to all the links posted on this site. Looking for a sliding door for > a > room layout, any ideas? > > ...

how do I get 1 soundtrack to play throughout slide-show in p-pt?
I am trying to get a song sound tack to play throughout a presentation, but everytime the slides change, the track stops and starts again...can anyone help me out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAF402.23A30A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good idea to mention the version of PowerPoint your using. See if this = does not work. Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - Pow...

WMP 11 Shuffle
Is anyone having this issue....I used to be able to open under category..."song"..shuffle turned on....select song....rt click ...play all and it would random play through my library...now it only plays the selected song and stops...have tried reloading program....shuffle does work if I select "album"..... ...

How increase interval after last antimation and slide transition?
How to increase the time interval after last antimated action and before the slide transition? Put a rectangle or something off the edge of the slide and animate it at the appropriate time. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "James T. Jacobs" <James T. Jacobs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81409CA1-42A2-4275-A83D-3E82913CA90E@microsoft.com... >...

how do i shuffle the numbers in a table?
Does anyone know how to shuffle the numbers in a table until the user stops? "inkap" wrote: > Does anyone know how to > shuffle the numbers in a table until the user stops? Here's one play using non-array formulas .. In Sheet1 --------- List the numbers in the table (let's take say, 12 numbers) down in A1:A12 (in any order) Put in B1: =RAND() Put in C1: =INDEX(A:A,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$12)) Select B1:C1, copy down to C12 Now, in a new Sheet2 ----------------- Let's say the table set-up is to be a 4R x 3C in A1:C4 Put in A1: =INDEX(Sheet2!$C:$C, ROWS($A$1:A1)*3-3+COL...