Shortcut key for macro...

I am creating a macro that handles resizing and positioning of an image
pasted into a slide.  Is there a way to create a shortcut key to run the
macro?

Secondly, this macro asks the user to input a string via an inputbox.
How can the TextFrame be selected in order for the string input to be
assigned?

Thank you for any help,
George
0
George

There's no inbuilt way to run macros from the keyboard in PPT

This AddIn may be of interest
http://officeone.mvps.org/ppsctmgr/ppsctmgr_download.html
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"George" wrote:

> I am creating a macro that handles resizing and positioning of an image
> pasted into a slide.  Is there a way to create a shortcut key to run the
> macro?
>
> Secondly, this macro asks the user to input a string via an inputbox.
> How can the TextFrame be selected in order for the string input to be
> assigned?
>
> Thank you for any help,
> George
> .

the key is incorrect 03-04-10
i have the original office home and student 2007 cd am trying to install it to my laptop sony. windows vista but every time it asked me for the key i typed it but in vain it keeps saying the key is incorrec. verify that you have the correct key then retype it. am saying the truth if i told you that i've trying this for more than one year, i took the laptop and the cd to store where i purchased the product, they said to me that i have to take it to sony centre and when i took it to sony they also told me that it's the store responsibility to install the office properly.b...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

macro to change Custom Header info
I have a 12 worksheet - spreadsheet that has an existing Custom Header in 9 worksheets (tabs). I'd like to have a macro that takes the user to one of the worksheet's Custom Header (Left Section), then allows the user to change ONLY the 1st and 3rd lines in the header. The 1st line currently says: Station/Facility: SMA 42-408. I want to be able to change ONLY the SMA 42-408 part of the line. The 3rd line says: Month/Year: July, 2008 I'd like to be able to change ONLY the July, 2008 part of the line. This is what the Custom Header Left Section currently looks like: Station/F...

CD Key #3
My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to activate the software once it is installed. Is there anything that I can do to get the CD Key from Microsoft or bypass this? Thanks. Keith <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer crashed and I had to reinstall all of the > software. I have the Office98 CD that I purchased over 5 > years ago. However, I cannot find the CD Key number to > activate the software once it is installed. Is the...

can we save with macro
I'm a newbie in macro excel. If I want to save the file by using th refference cll e.g. cell c3 = th001 aa1 = 101, I would like to save a new file as "c:\my documents\101th101. Please help me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like sub save_it() dim wks as worksheet dim fname dim path set wks = activeworkbooks.worksheets("Sheet1") fname=wks.range("C3).value & wks.range("AA1").value path="C:\my documents" activeworkbook.saveas path&fname end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm a n...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Macros in 2003
Is it true that file created in Excel 2000 having Macros will not work on Excel 2003. We are facing problem with Excel 2003 with the files which are having Macros and these files were created on Excel 2000. Because of this problem I need to go back to Excel 2000. Anis -- MCSE & CCNA Hello Anis First of all, did you check the macros' security level in Excel 2003? This level must be set to Low or Medium to allow macros'execution. HTH Cordially Pascal "Mohd Anis" <MohdAnis@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FD408CD8-357D-40F9-A97F-3F86...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

Virtual basic and macros
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I need to use virtual basic in excel for macintosh and it is missing in office 2008, so I am stuck with Office 2004. Now it is getting harder and harder to open files that customers send from office 2008. Will there be a new version of Office with support for virtual basic soon? Or, is it possible to have both office 2008 and 2004 on the same computer. I can't run windows on it. Yes, Office 2004 & 2008 can coexist harmoniously on the same system. In fact, you can run apps of both suite simultaneously & toggle ...

Macro question #8
I want a macro to select a row (or cell in a particular row) on a worksheet that corresponds with a value in a cell eg. Cell shows value 5. Macro selects row 5 on another sheet or Cell shows value 5. Macro selects cell at intersection of row 5 and a specific column (say column 2 ?) on another sheet What do I need to include in my macro to do this? Can anyone help ? Regards Ross Bennett One way to select the row: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myRng As Range Dim otherWks As Worksheet Set otherWks = Worksheets("sheet2") Set myRng = Nothing On ...

Enter Key instead of tab
Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >Where in Money 2006 can I allow use of the enter key to move around instead >of using the tab key. It allowed that in money 2001 does it in 2006? Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKeyToMoveBetweenRegisterFields ...

Transferring Macros
I was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer a bunch of macros to 5 other computers? Any help would be great, thanks! Hi Mike Save a file with the macro's as a Add-in and distribute that one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156942&Product=xlw How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97 Or import the module's (or copy the macro's) in the personal.xls file on each machine -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aace01c47963$57d3d480$a401280a@p...

Running Macros w/vba
How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? Hi not sure for what you're asking but a macro introduction can be found at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alien2_51" <dan.billow"at wrote: > How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? I'm populating data inside an Excel spreadsheet from within a DTS package once the data is there I need run a Macro whcih outputs the data contained in each worksheet to an XML file which I then need to validate against an XSD... I never ha...

Indexing Foreign Keys
Hello, [Across SQL2000 - 2008] Though we are not facing any performance issue with any query, just curious to know whether a non-clust index is necessary for a Foreign key in a OLTP table? I noticed that in our database, some FKs do not have any indexes. I did not yet check the respective query-plan but want to know if its a good practice. tia, AbbA Hi AbbA, The lack of indexes related to foreign key references is a very common problem I see with performance issues in SQL Server. We always go looking for any foreign keys that aren't the left-hand component...

undo a macro
Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can be undone by using the the undo button. -- Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC161A31-95C1-4DC8-9FC2-2AC3F68FF3BB@microsoft.com... > Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or > workbook > can ...

Re-obtaining Product Key for Visio Pro 2007
My company purchased Visio Pro 2007 9/24/08 and I downloaded the app. I used the product key my company sent me but now moving Visio Pro 2007 to a newer laptop. I don't have the original email with the product key on it and uninstalled the app from my old laptop so I would only have one app installed at a time on a laptop. How do I get another product key for the original Visio Pro 2007 my company purchased so I can re-install iit on my newer laptop? Thanks, Theo Van Dyne "Theo Van Dyne" <Theo Van Dyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A732FAB-4BE2-...

Pressing Enter Key closes the application
I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do you know why this could happen? "inbal" <inbal.shefi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165237049.726474.42200@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based > application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do > you know why this could happen? > Annoying, isn't it? When the dialog resource was created, it put an OK and Cancel button, then made the OK ...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

macro disabled
Hi there; well I got a file from a friend which contains a macro, but when I open it a message pop in as the macro is disabled and I should change the security level on my PC. I changed the security level from high to low and opened the file again still I cannot see the macro in visaul basic editor. Would you please let me know what should I do? Thanks Mo. You shouldn't set your level lower than Medium. Can you see any macro names when you ALT+F8? Can you see any modules in VBE? There may be code in the worksheet module(s) -- rightclick the worksheet tab(s) & "View Code"...

shortcuts
How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? Position Outlook and Windows Explorer windows so you can see both. Go to the location where the file is. Right click on the file and drag to the Outlook shortcut bar. You'll get a prompt "Add to Outlook bar" or "Cancel". Click on Add to Outlook Bar. >-----Original Message----- >How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? >. > ...

How to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode ?
Hi I want to get the hardware key path as the instance ID for my WMI event . Here is some WDM function IoOpenDeviceRegistryKey to open hardware key, but I can not get the hardware key path name in the tree of HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum . Is there some way to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode ? Thank you . > Is there some way to get device key (hardware key) path in kernel mode = ? No ways. For instance IDs, create a device interface on your device and use its = string as an ID, this is the classic way. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows ...

Modify Recorded Macro
I recorded the following macro, which basically Merges 2 cells and Alignes the text to the left. However, when recording it always records the cell address(Range("D***:D***").Select. How can i adapt the cell address to something like: ActiveCell - ActiveCell.Offset(0,1).select instead of the particular cell address. I need to run this macro about 1000 times ************************* Sub MergeCells() ' ' MergeCells Macro ' ' Range("D156:E156").Select With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter .Vertic...

Macro confusion
I'm trying to make macro keys that specify a department in the item search and get ready for a name in the search, so I start the macro (ctrl-f3) but it won't let me end the recording until I close the open search window, what am I doing wrong? I tried pausing the recording and closing the windows to no avail! -Jerry It seems like you didn't quite finish the process. You need to ctrl-f3 to start the process, open your window, ctrl-f3 to pause your process, close your window, and then ctrl-f3 one more time to end the macro. The closing of the window will not be recorded. -...

Shortcut Key for delete?
Is there any keyboard shortcut for deleting a row? Instead of right click delete. -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540175 Hi, You can select the row and hold down Ctrl and press - Regards, Bondi Thank you ! :cool: -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Random Macros.
Hi, Does anybody have, or are smart enough to write, an excel macro that will produce random numbers WITHOUT duplicates. I can't see to get my head around this problem Also asked in .newusers. Please don't multipost. You may provide more details on what you wish the macro to produce and where. Regards, Anders Silven "ken ogden" <netadd@tpg.com.au> skrev i meddelandet news:40e1edc2@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi, > > Does anybody have, or are smart enough to write, an excel macro that will > produce random numbers WITHOUT duplicates. I can't see to get ...