powerpoint text comes up all at once, i need it one line at a time

As i present i want the text lines to come up one at a time, but they are
coming up as a complete slide, how do i solve this please?

On 3/9/10 8:33 AM, EvoR wrote:
> As i present i want the text lines to come up one at a time, but they are
> coming up as a complete slide, how do i solve this please?

Right click on the text box with your bullet points and go to Custom
Animation and Add Entrance Effect. If you need more specifics than that,
let us know what version of PowerPoint you are using.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Converting Powerpoint slides with audio into a movie
Hi there, I am using a PC. Can anyone please tell how I can convert Microsoft PowerPoint slides w/audio (PPT) into video files with audio. Has anyone been successful using QuickTime? Can you suggest a good program to use to complete the version. Thank you. These links should get you started: Convert presentations into Movie files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00057.htm Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "consultant"...

Please help me with altering text in excel
I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I get rid of them without going through each cell One way, assuming source in A1 down Put in B1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"""","") Copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "mark" wrote: > I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I > get rid of them without going through each cell ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a feature that will delete any character y...

Word/Outlook 2002 email merge as plain text
I am trying to do an e-mail merge with Word and Outlook 2002 (all service patches installed). I use the mail merge wizard in Word and select recipients from Outlook through the merge wizard. When I choose plain text, the e-mail sends with nothing in the body of the e-mail and attaches the Word document. HTML works fine. I need to send the e-mails as plain text because the news outlets on my media list prefer plain text or the e-mail gets caught as spam. Any suggestions to get the messages to go as plain text? This used to work and now it doesn't! ...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

PowerPoint and InkOverlay
Hi All, I would like to chanege the line thickness and cursor size of for example felt tip pen. Is it possible to do this? Or if not, is it possible to program this? I've read that powerpoint uses InkOverlay object or such, but I cannot find any properties which bind it's address. Can I fetch current InkOverlay during automation while in slideshow? I've read somewhere that if there are no such properties I wont be able to find it even through a handler. Anyone happens to know if and where can I find property for InkOverlay, InkCollector etc, or if I can fetch these t...

Macro to run daily and delete blank lines as well as duplicate entries.
Hi all, I get a new a spreadsheet every day. It has the month in the filename. This month's spreadsheet is called "June data". In that spreadsheet, there are tabs for each day of the month. The first tab is called 1, the second is called 2 and so on. The source spreadsheet ("June data") and the first tab ("1") has more data than I need. I just need to copy data in 4 columns to a destination spreadsheet. At the moment this is called Revenue Tracker. The Macro is saved in Revenue Tracker. I have already written a Macro to do this, but this is where ...

change slide direction (right to left) in powerpoint
I want to change the slides direction in my powerpoint file from left to right (English) to right to left (Arabic). Not just the direction of the text, but the whole slide. How can I do that? Please help! What do you mean by 'the whole slide'? Surely only text is significant? Or am I having a blonde moment? For general info on using right-to-left languages in Office see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103510211033.aspx Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "bayan" <bayan@discussion...

Enter Text in Several Contacts
I have Outlook 2003. I would like to be able to enter a text note in several contacts at the same time. I sent out a mailing and would like to enter text in 200 contact but dont want to have do it one by one. Thanks ...

PowerPoint 2007 11-25-09
I created a lengthy complex presentation in PowerPoint 2007 using a stock background. After creating it and showing it to the company, the Execs want me to change the background to the company standard. The problem is, they only have a basic blank PowerPoint presentation that everyone uses to build from. How do I get the background elements from the standard presentation into main without redoing all 45 slides? Thanks! Use the master slides "Tracy Walters" <Tracy Walters@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 01FDE97C-00B1-4056-9573-060D7...

More on cutting characters from one cell and pasting into another
Hello again ... on my last request for help I asked how to cut the last 7 characters in a cell and paste them into another cell, (thanks again for the reply) .. I need to do this for the data in a complete column in the worksheet .. I know how to record a macro (am not knowledgeable on vba) .. my question is how do I get it to do all rows in the worksheet? Apologies if this is a really dumb question ... any help as usual would be most appreciated. Abay "Abay" wrote: > Hello again ... on my last request for help I asked how to cut the last 7 > characters in a c...

I NEED AN EXCEL FORMULA
I HAVE A COLUMN OF DATES AND I NEED TO SORT BY THE MOST CURRENT DATE AS IT IS UPDATED, WHAT IS THAT FORMULA? As long as they are in true date format, select the data and do Data / Sort / Descending. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Seasons Greetings and Very Best wishes to all :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "LITTLE1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint 2
I am following on from an older post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/a96af87f70b6657f? I have used Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartppt to try and create a macro that will open a new PPT, copy all th echartsheets and paste as bitmap (to stop people falsifying charts!) one to a ppt slide. My problems are: 1) The macro only seems to work if PPT is already running (despite using Jon's code for creating a New PPT object) 2) The bitmap solution is ok when on screen but I get people asking if their eyes are playing tricks...

Printing many charts on one page
I need to summarise 6 different groups of data from a single worksheet with about 10,000 rows. Using 6 PivotTables I create a summary for each group of data. I now need to create 6 Bar Charts and print them on a single sheet of paper in portrait. It's automating the printing of the charts on a single sheet that I having difficulty with. Comments most welcome. "Johnb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<424901c3e3ef$c77cce40$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > I need to summarise 6 different groups of data from a > single worksheet with about...

How can I Excel to re-size when wrapping text in merged cells
How can I get MS Excel to automatically re-size the height of the row when I wrap text in merged cells? Hi you can't. That is one of the drawbacks of using merged cells "Samjoy" wrote: > How can I get MS Excel to automatically re-size the height of the row when I > wrap text in merged cells? Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.h...

Numpty Email Time Stamp Question
Hi all Am I right in thinking that the time stamp on each email routed via Exchange to Outlook will be controlled by the server? Exchange2003, Windows Server2003, Outlook 2003. Users are complaining that replies to messages are being dated before the time of the original message. TIA Phil hi check the date/time/daylight setting in the client computers & server shai -- "TheScullster" wrote: > Hi all > > Am I right in thinking that the time stamp on each email routed via Exchange > to Outlook will be controlled by the server? > Exchange2003, Windows...

embedding text in a function
Hi, I am trying to figure out the proper syntax so that i can type in a function into a cell that looks like this: =AVERAGE(LN('D:\Sample Scenarios\[EuropeanBond.xls]EuropeanBond'!$H$6:$CI$1005)) The tricky part is that the drive letter will change depending on where the file is being read since it will be on a CD, while the entire string is pointing to another file on the CD. let's say i have the user input the drive letter in a cell on a different sheet at Setup!$A$1 how would i properly insert the single/double quotation marks to make this formula work? I have tried a bunch ...

Merging Excel Files into one.
I have Excel 2002 and several Excel spread sheets of addresses I want to combine into one but they have a lot of the same data which I do not want to replicate....how can I merge them and they do not put the same address twice but just keeps one of all? Thanks, Tavis Tavis Copy all to one worksheet then deal with the duplicates by filtering. 1. Copy all to one worksheet. 2. Insert a blank worksheet. 3. Select your full range on address sheet then go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. 4. Check "Unique records only" and "copy to a new location". Your "list...

Powerpoint
I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits our wide screen? You ask in a Powerpoint newsgroup or fourm. "hunt" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60D85DC-F6B9-431C-A631-48D111E77512@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft 2003 with Power point. How do I change the slide size > (without stretching the picture and text) in Powerpoint so that it fits > our > wide screen? I read your query its so simple.If you want change theme with wi...

tables in PowerPoint
I have made a 25"x25 " banner. I want to add a grid that will display on the banner when i print it. I put a 25 x 25 cell table on it, and I can make it fit horizontally but I can't compress it vertically. How can I do that? Atlernatively, is there a better way to put a grid on the banner? I have a picture underneath that I want to show through the grid. Thanks. Change the internal margin of the cells to 0 for top and bottom. You may need to change the font size to something like 2 point (or as small as you can go) also. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www....

Guidance needed with a formula
Very new to working with formulas so here goes: If I have the average of 10 numbers, cells A2-A11, is there a formula that will give me the 3 numbers closest to the average? :confused: -- sroehl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sroehl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472481 Hi! The "simple" way: In B2 enter this formula: =ABS(A2-AVERAGE(A$2:A$11))+ROW(A2)/10^10 Copy down to B11 In C2 enter this formula: =INDEX(A$2:...

I need to bounce back emails to wrong recipients
We currently have a Windows 2003 Small Bussiness server at our office. We have been using exchange as the email server with the server as the main MX record for our domain so we are handling emails directly at pur SBS. As configured by default we are accepting all messages to our domain no matter if it is to a valid recipient or not. My boss lost a couple of messages that were sent to him with errors at his email account (in example browinzek@exa,ple.com instead of browintzek@example.com). So he want to configure the Exchange server to bounce back an email if the recipient is not co...

sorting a column with nums and text alphabetically
Hi, have a excel sheet with a column that contains address details like: 22 Fitzwilliam St Upper 1 Kildare St 54-57 Lower Mount Street 2 Merrion Square 62/64 South William St 38/39 Pearse Street Sean MacBride House what i want to do is sort the street names alphabetically. If i perfor a sort the way it is now i just get all the 1s first then 2s etc but want the street that starts with A first. What I was hoping for was a sort that would ignore numeric data an sort alphabetically on the text Any Suggestions??? Thanks for the help Regards, John Mac :confused -- Message posted from http:/...

PowerPoint Security
If you are looking to protect your PowerPoint presentations from being copied and distributed freely then you might want to take a look at http://www.locklizard.com/powerpoint_security.htm It covers PowerPoint Password Security, Microsoft IRM (Information Rights Management) for PowerPoint, and an alternative copy protection solution from LockLizard. Spam or not, it doesn't even do what it claims to ... it doesn't secure PPT presentations. It claims to secure PPTs that have been converted to Flash. O lordy, I said the "F" word. Now we're in for ...

seperate city, state & zip from one cell
I have a databse which has city, state and zip in one cell (column) If I want to seperate in 3 different columns how to do it ? Thanks much I will appreciate if you can e-mail your suggestion to vikkam@hotmail.com vikkam vikkam@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Depends alot on how exactly they look Post a few examples... Graham ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View a...

Help Gurus! Pivot Table Text as Data
Is there a way to output a Text value in the Data area of a Pivot Table? For example, the pivot table I want is something like this: 5/1 5/2 5/3 5/4 5/5 5/6 task1 brad jeff task2 ann tony mike john task3 clint nick lori task4 tina pat Thanks in advance to everyone. Rafael Rafael, This isn't the purpose of a pivot table. It groups things, and does a calculation for each group (sum, average, etc.). You need to make the table you need yourself. How that's done depen...