How do you curve text in power point?

I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
suggestions?

You can highlight the text then, while it is highlighted, go to format and
click on the drop down menu called, Text Effects.  Once there, scroll down to
the transform option and you should see a few choices for curved text/arching
text.

"matelp" wrote:

> I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
> for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
> suggestions?

changing text
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) In a previous version of excel, there was a open bar at the top that you could click on to edit the text in a cell, rather than retype the text into the cell you were working on. The text from the cell would appear and you could backspace and/or add in additional text that would then appear back in the cell. Any body know how I can get this? What you're looking for is the Formula Bar. Select if in the View Menu. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/19/10 8:37 PM, in article 59bb1451.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, &quo...

Two points with same (X, Y) coordinates in Excel
Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a point on a scatterplot? I ask because I have two points with the same X and Y values, which is causing one of the points to hide under another. Thank you for your help. Jay Format/ Data Point for one of your 2 superimposed points, & choose an appropriate symbol. -- David Biddulph "Jay" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message news:%23gSxc1z8GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around a > point on a scatterplot? I a...

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

Formulas coming up as text
Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get formulas to always calculate. If your formulas appear as text, then you need to first clear the cells before entering formulas. Select the cells, hit Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the file, format the column as General, and try again. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message news:D6AAAAFF-9E92-4947-837F-9FA96984BD4D@microsoft.com... > Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get > formulas to alway...

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

VBA Text Color
I would like to change the text color to Red for a string being returned to a window through vba when certain conditions are met. I can see the vbRed control but cannot get it to work, Object Required. Has anyone been able to change the text color through vba, and how is it set? Mick Hi Mick I don't believe VBA can directly change the colours on a Dexterity field or window. You can use the unsupported but very useful method of pass through Dexterity SanScript to change the colour of the text or the background. I think you already have the company background colour VBA example. I...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

How do I keep text from automatically filling in another text box
When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled independently. Thank you. Click in the test box that you don'e want the text to continue and then click the "broken chain link." "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5E740A-1C10-4DAC-9B78-ED2898E9EEEE@microsoft.com... > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another > text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled > in...

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...

Delete text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can't delete marked text by pressing BACKSPACE Well, since the Mac keyboards I'm familiar with don't have a BACKSPACE key I'm not sure what you're pressing :-) but it's most likely a matter of going to: Word>Preferences> Edit, check the box for "Typing replaces selection". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/9/10 11:15 AM, in article 59bb2874.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IO@officeformac.com" <IO@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version...

Is it possible to display text in charts?
I am creating graphs for results from a survey. Part of this is to graph each individual's response to every question. If a person did not answer a question, I would like "N/A" to appear in the data for the chart. I am not using formulas -- the numbers are typed directly into the spreadsheet. Is there any way to have the text "N/A" display in the chart data? Currently, if I enter text in the corresponding cell, it displays as "0" in the chart data. Thanks! Janine, You can try applying a custom format to those entries that are coming across as zero....

Entering wrapping text
I have two issues when entering text in an Excel cell. I format the text to wrap, and the row height increases to accept additional text as I type. Sometimes this stops happening, and I have to resize the row manually. How do I control this? Also, although the row size increases as I add text, it doesn't seem to decrease if I delete text. Is there any way to make this happen? When I format the text as "general" it displays correctly in the cell (although in the sample pane it displays as ##################). When I format the text as text it displays as ################### in bo...

Using text from cell in a formula
I am trying to use text from within one cell to be used in a formula of another to reference a tab name. See below for example: A B SOG =SOG!F4 I want to be able to reference the text "SOG" for the tab name in the formula. That way I don't have to type the name twice. Peace, CyberSOG Hi try =INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!F4") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <jessemsawyer@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1102436431.127329.289130@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to use text from within one cell...

Word auto text (normal.dot)
Can you add Words auto text (normal.dot) to an Excel Spreadsheet? Excel doesn't have a Normal.dot (like MSWord). But it also doesn't have autotext, either. But just like MSWord, Excel does have Autocorrect--maybe that could work for you. And it does have an autocomplete feature (limited to column by column data entry). You can toggle this setting via: tools|options|edit|check "Enable AutoComplete for cell values" Remember how you toggled this--it can be irritating when you don't want it on anymore. skater wrote: > > Can you add Words auto text (normal.dot) t...

Curve radius
I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any tip at all will be appreciated! I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e., I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to automate curves!!! Thank you in advance! It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential curves are comp...

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

calibration curve
I am setting up a chemistry calibration curve using data below OD reading Concentration ..020 0 ..045 10 ..245 40 etc Plotting in XY scatter chart and get trendline using polynomial function. How can I determine the concentration of an unkown solution ? I want to use trendline data to do this. Put the Conc data in column A and the OD data in B You can have headers ("Concentration", "OD" ) in row 1 Let's say the last row is 10 Select A1:B10, click the chart tool, select XY chart, use the first subtype (ma...

Vlookup and text format
If I have a cell formatted as TEXT and enter a Vlookup function, the cell displays the Vlookup formula rather than the result. If I try to reformat the cell to GENERAL the cell still displays the Vlookup formula. If I clear the cell, format it as GENERAL then re-enter the Vlookup it displays the correct result. Shouldn't I be able to change the format of the cell from TEXT to GENERAL without having to re-enter the VLOOKUP function?? Yes you can. You then have to "re-enter" the formula to, (for want of a better term), register the change. *HOWEVER* ... re-enter doesn't ...

how do i zip an audio and text file together
I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text and separately answer written questions. The two files then must be zipped together before I can send them. I have windows 7 on a new computer and have no idea how to do this. I am still using an old laptop at present but get my wind. 7 next week. I do have acrobat on this old one. Thank you. Put them into a folder and compress the folder (right-click). On Nov 20, 6:31=A0am, Laneyb <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text...

Get text from anather application
want to get to copy or get the selected text from internet explorer i use this code to get the hWnd HWND FgHwnd=GetForegroundWindow(); DWORD lpdwProcessId; DWORD td=GetWindowThreadProcessId(FgHwnd,&lpdwProcessId); AttachThreadInput(td,GetCurrentThreadId(),TRUE); HWND awnd=GetFocus(); and then i use SendMessage to copy the text char buffer[256] = {0}; SendMessage(awnd, WM_COPY,255, (LPARAM)&buffer); its works fine if the application has a simple edit or rich edit box. but i when i want to get the text from internet explorer it doesnt work. Please help me natanr123@vfem...

Exporting excel to text file #2
Hi A, Thank you so much for your help, the While statement and empty is giving me an error. A C Wrote: > "Exceluser" Exceluser.1qzwtn@news.officefrustration.com wrote in > message > news:Exceluser.1qzwtn@news.officefrustration.com...- > > selection Choice1 choice2 > A1 x x > A2 x > A3 x > A4 x > A5 x x > A6 > A7 x > A8 x > A9 x x > > The table abov...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...