How do I set up fill in the blank animation?

I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in
the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
answer.  Anyone know how to do this?  Is it possible?  I am using PowerPoint
07.  Thanks for your help.

This may help
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"SF" wrote:

> I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in
> the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
> answer.  Anyone know how to do this?  Is it possible?  I am using PowerPoint
> 07.  Thanks for your help.
-1
SF,
Maybe John has an answer for you:
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html
or
use triggers, basically you make a separate textbox that appears with an
entrance animation, then you draw a rectangle and position it behind the
textbox, finally set the textbox to appear when clicking on the rectangle,
you can do that by double clicking on the entrance animation, timing tab, at
the bottom triggers, under start when clicking on choose your rectangle.

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

Then draw a rectangle the same size as this text box, and set a trigger
animation so that the answer box becomes visible only when the rectangle is
clicked.

You'll have to send the rectangle to behind the text box so that the text
box is visible when the rectangle is clicked, and also making the rectangle
the same color as the slide background will make it look better.

On Jan 8, 8:10=A0am, SF <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that i=
s in
> the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
> answer. =A0Anyone know how to do this? =A0Is it possible? =A0I am using P=
owerPoint
> 07. =A0Thanks for your help.

In addition to the other ways, just draw a rectangle over the words
you want to "blank out" and fill the rectangle with the background
color. Animate the rectangle to exit on click, then it will look like
the word appeared.

For an even better look, you can add a line drawn at the bottom of the
rectangle to represent a "blank", group it with the rectangle and
animate as above.

-Melina
0
Mel

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Need Help Deleting Blank Rows
Greetings: I have a spread sheet with data that has multiple blank rows that I would like to delete with a macro. Each row of data is different with columns that may or may not be blank. Therefore, I cannot search on a specific column to delete the row. Any help is appreciated. -- Thanks in advance...j We need some kind of rule to follow to decide if a row is considered 'blank' or not. If not a single column, then perhaps empty cells in any one of several different colums, as if a4 is empty, or g4 is empty or i4 is empty, then delete row 4 completely, or a com...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Fill Color a Range
I want to fill a range with a color. I know how to do that but I don't know how to keep the grid lines visible in that range. It seems I would need a transparent color or something like that. How can I fill a range with a color that will allow the grid lines to show through? Thank you. The only way is to give the gridlines an alternative colour of their own. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:112bdn5bm4udrff@corp.supernews.com... > I want to fill a range with a ...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...

How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?
I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please help!!! You need to get these settings from your ISP "XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BBA0B0-A04B-41E6-90C3-3CF64D43EBA3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking > for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please > help!!! XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm tr...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...

Best practice for setting default font settings in Word 2007
Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to change the default font settings in Word 2007? For example, if I wanted to change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word 2003? Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and themes? Thanks so much! I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not rely on customizing the Normal.dot template. You should create separate templates for your...

Set Host Name in POP3 Connector
I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no replies :-( Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue? When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600 handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows: Received: by OldServerName.OldCompany.com I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain name so I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers? I would be happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire string. Thank you in advance!! What do you mean...

how do I set up my e-mail?
I cannot set up my e-mail it always comes up error Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. We can't see it from here. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "MaryAnn Moody" <mrmdy@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uBYpnWm5KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx....