How do I set up fill in the blank animation?

  • Follow

I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in
the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
answer.  Anyone know how to do this?  Is it possible?  I am using PowerPoint
07.  Thanks for your help.
0
Reply Utf 1/8/2010 2:10:01 PM

This may help
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"SF" wrote:

> I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in
> the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
> answer.  Anyone know how to do this?  Is it possible?  I am using PowerPoint
> 07.  Thanks for your help.
0
Reply Utf 1/8/2010 2:23:01 PM

SF,
Maybe John has an answer for you:
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html
or
use triggers, basically you make a separate textbox that appears with an
entrance animation, then you draw a rectangle and position it behind the
textbox, finally set the textbox to appear when clicking on the rectangle,
you can do that by double clicking on the entrance animation, timing tab, at
the bottom triggers, under start when clicking on choose your rectangle.

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

Then draw a rectangle the same size as this text box, and set a trigger
animation so that the answer box becomes visible only when the rectangle is
clicked.

You'll have to send the rectangle to behind the text box so that the text
box is visible when the rectangle is clicked, and also making the rectangle
the same color as the slide background will make it look better.

"SF" wrote:

> I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in
> the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
> answer.  Anyone know how to do this?  Is it possible?  I am using PowerPoint
> 07.  Thanks for your help.
0
Reply Utf 1/8/2010 3:04:01 PM

On Jan 8, 8:10=A0am, SF <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that i=
s in
> the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the
> answer. =A0Anyone know how to do this? =A0Is it possible? =A0I am using P=
owerPoint
> 07. =A0Thanks for your help.

In addition to the other ways, just draw a rectangle over the words
you want to "blank out" and fill the rectangle with the background
color. Animate the rectangle to exit on click, then it will look like
the word appeared.

For an even better look, you can add a line drawn at the bottom of the
rectangle to represent a "blank", group it with the rectangle and
animate as above.

-Melina
0
Reply Mel 1/9/2010 3:15:06 AM