How do I Merge multiple Power Point files into one

  • Follow

Here is what I want to do ...
1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
and merge them into one.

I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for you help.
0
Reply Utf 3/17/2010 1:49:01 AM

Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste Options
button if necessary.

Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention which
version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file are
in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under Home
tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)

"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is what I want to do ...
> 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point
> files
> and merge them into one.
>
> I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link
> execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks for you help.

0
Reply Echo 3/17/2010 3:12:08 AM

Hi,

try this: http://www.bevsh.de/ppt-master/Slide-Master.htm

--
Thank you very much

PeterS

"Russ" wrote:

> Here is what I want to do ...
> 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
> and merge them into one.
>
> I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
> execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks for you help.
0
Reply Utf 3/17/2010 7:26:06 PM

That link appears to be broken.

"PeterS" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> try this: http://www.bevsh.de/ppt-master/Slide-Master.htm
>
> --
> Thank you very much
>
> PeterS
>

> "Russ" wrote:
>
> > Here is what I want to do ...
> > 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> > 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
> > and merge them into one.
> >
> > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
> > execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks for you help.
0
Reply Utf 3/18/2010 1:54:01 AM

Thank you for your response.

I am using Office 2007.

I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you need
to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007"  which I do not have.

I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having to
"cut and  Paste".  Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 or 7
slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).

"Echo S" wrote:

> Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste Options
> button if necessary.
>
> Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention which
> version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file are
> in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under Home
> tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is what I want to do ...
> > 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> > 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point
> > files
> > and merge them into one.
> >
> > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link
> > execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks for you help.

0
Reply Utf 3/18/2010 2:01:02 AM

On Mar 17, 10:01=A0pm, Russ <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I am using Office 2007.
>
> I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you n=
eed
> to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007" =A0which I do not=
 have.

> I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having t=
> "cut and =A0Paste". =A0Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 =
or 7
> slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
> > Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste Opt=
ions
> > button if necessary.
>
> > Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention whi=
ch
> > version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file =
are
> > in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under =
> > tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)
>
> > --
> > Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> > What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> > Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> > PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> > "Russ" <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Here is what I want to do ...
> > > 1. =A0Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundr=
eds).
> > > 2. =A0On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power po=
int
> > > files
> > > and merge them into one.
>
> > > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the =
link
> > > execute the slide show. =A0I also tried inserting them as an object, =
but the
> > > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> > > Any other ideas?
>
> > > Thanks for you help.

You only need SharePoint server if you want to create a library of
slides. You can browse to a file and insert the slides from that
presentation. But the interface in 2007 isn't as good for doing this
as before (it's not very easy to select all of the slides using the
'reuse slides' interface). I usually end up skipping the 'reuse
slides' function and copying the slides from the source file in slide
sorter mode, and pasting into place into the destination file.
0
Reply Mark 3/18/2010 2:57:14 AM

As Mark explained, you can click that "browse" button in the Reuse Slides
pane and browse to a file. You don't have to use a SP slide library.

He's also right that the pane can be a pain. Right-click a thumbnail in the
pane and choose "all slides" to insert 'em all at once.

> Thank you for your response.
>
> I am using Office 2007.
>
> I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you
> need
> to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007"  which I do not
> have.
>
> I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having to
> "cut and  Paste".  Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 or 7
> slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste
>> button if necessary.
>>
>> Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention which
>> version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file
>> are
>> in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under
>> tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Here is what I want to do ...
>> > 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible
>> > hundreds).
>> > 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point
>> > files
>> > and merge them into one.
>> >
>> > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the
>> > link
>> > execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but
>> > the
>> > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>> >
>> > Any other ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks for you help.

0
Reply Echo 3/18/2010 3:15:19 AM