How do I Merge multiple Power Point files into one

Here is what I want to do ...
1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
and merge them into one.

I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for you help.

Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste Options
button if necessary.

Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention which
version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file are
in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under Home
tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)

"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is what I want to do ...
> 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point
> files
> and merge them into one.
>
> I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link
> execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks for you help.

0
Echo
3/17/2010 3:12:08 AM
Hi,

try this: http://www.bevsh.de/ppt-master/Slide-Master.htm

--
Thank you very much

PeterS

"Russ" wrote:

> Here is what I want to do ...
> 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
> and merge them into one.
>
> I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
> execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks for you help.
That link appears to be broken.

"PeterS" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> try this: http://www.bevsh.de/ppt-master/Slide-Master.htm
>
> --
> Thank you very much
>
> PeterS
>

> "Russ" wrote:
>
> > Here is what I want to do ...
> > 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundreds).
> > 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point files
> > and merge them into one.
> >
> > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the link to
> > execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but the
> > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks for you help.
Thank you for your response.

I am using Office 2007.

I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you need
to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007"  which I do not have.

I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having to
"cut and  Paste".  Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 or 7
slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).

On Mar 17, 10:01=A0pm, Russ <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I am using Office 2007.
>
> I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you n=
eed
> to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007" =A0which I do not=
 have.

> I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having t=
> "cut and =A0Paste". =A0Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 =
or 7
> slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
> > Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste Opt=
ions
> > button if necessary.
>
> > Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention whi=
ch
> > version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file =
are
> > in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under =
> > tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)
>
> > --
> > Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> > What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> > Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> > PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> > "Russ" <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Here is what I want to do ...
> > > 1. =A0Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible hundr=
eds).
> > > 2. =A0On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power po=
int
> > > files
> > > and merge them into one.
>
> > > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the =
link
> > > execute the slide show. =A0I also tried inserting them as an object, =
but the
> > > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>
> > > Any other ideas?
>
> > > Thanks for you help.

You only need SharePoint server if you want to create a library of
slides. You can browse to a file and insert the slides from that
presentation. But the interface in 2007 isn't as good for doing this
as before (it's not very easy to select all of the slides using the
'reuse slides' interface). I usually end up skipping the 'reuse
slides' function and copying the slides from the source file in slide
sorter mode, and pasting into place into the destination file.
0
Mark
3/18/2010 2:57:14 AM
As Mark explained, you can click that "browse" button in the Reuse Slides
pane and browse to a file. You don't have to use a SP slide library.

He's also right that the pane can be a pain. Right-click a thumbnail in the
pane and choose "all slides" to insert 'em all at once.

> Thank you for your response.
>
> I am using Office 2007.
>
> I had already ran across the "Reuse slide" option but it looks like you
> need
> to be running "Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007"  which I do not
> have.
>
> I wish I could just insert an entire existing slide show without having to
> "cut and  Paste".  Each week I will have to cut and paste at least 6 or 7
> slide shows (each one 3 to 4 pages long).
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Copy/paste them in and choose Keep Source Formatting from the Paste
>> button if necessary.
>>
>> Otherwise use Insert | Slides | From File. In future please mention which
>> version of PPT you're using because tools like insert slides from file
>> are
>> in different places in different versions. (In 2007, look for it under
>> tab | New Slide | Reuse Slides.)
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Here is what I want to do ...
>> > 1.  Create a bunch of small power points 3-4 slides (possible
>> > hundreds).
>> > 2.  On a weekly basis, I want to take several of the small power point
>> > files
>> > and merge them into one.
>> >
>> > I tried using hyper links, but I do not want to have to click on the
>> > link
>> > execute the slide show.  I also tried inserting them as an object, but
>> > the
>> > same thing, you have to click on the object to open it up.
>> >
>> > Any other ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks for you help.

0
Echo

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Multiple Excels
Hello Group Here's a really easy question for you with what's probably a really easy answer, but Excel Help is no help so I need your help. I have two Windows shortcuts to open separate Excel files. What I'd like is that they open the files in two separate instances of Excel instead of in the one instance. When I'm working with two workbooks I find it easier to switch between two applications than to flick between two open workbooks using the toolbar option. Can anybody help? Best wishes Peter Kessler Kessler Associates E: digital@kessler-web.co.uk W: http://www.digital.ke...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

how to combine multiple versions of single spreadsheet?
Well, the doomsday scenario has happened - two colleagues working on the same spreadsheet fail to communicate. Each has updated a project tracking sheet at the same time so we now have two new versions. Is there a way of Excel combining the latest data out of each sheet? To clarify: Person X opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version B Person Y opens spreadsheet version A to update and creates version C There is a lot of work entailed in updating the sheets but luckily persons X and Y have their own projects so they do not update the same information. Is there a way to c...

Closing Outlook in a .bat file...?
Hi, Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? Thanks... -- Susan "Tiscali" <kegler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42d0ef53$1_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Hi, > > Can I force Outlook to close in a DOS .bat file so I can then invoke the > backup of the .pst database in the same .bat...? > Yes, but two caveats: 1) The tool you use may depend on your version of Windows 2) Unless you take very special measures (keystroke pushing to answer dialogs) ...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Some JPG files cannot be open after Security Update for Outlook.
Just recently some of the users cannot open some JPG files. After some testing when file was saved through Outlook the size increased by ~30 KB and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer wasn't able to open the file. When files was saved through OWA Windows Picture and Fax Viewer could open the file fine. Tried to disable antivirus on outlook, server and nothing helped. Eventually uninstalling "Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)" fixed the problem. Since then if the file is saved through Outlook it opens fine. Anybody experiencing this problem as well? Is there...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Excel "file is already open"
Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from outside Excel (such as from Windows Explorer), Excel indicates that the file is already open - although, once I click OK, I seem to be able to work with the file normally. The same file will open fine from within Excel. I am using Excel 97 on an XP-Home machine. Can you explain why I may be getting this message, and how I might correct for it? The FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site might give the solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen John McFadden wrote: > > Whenever I open a '.xls' workbook from ...

Word mail merge

Opening Multiple files simultaneously
I am trying to open several excel files at once, ie. select 2 or more files, right click, then click open, but I cannot get them to open at the same time. I have to open each file separately. I can have several files open at once but they must be opened individually Hi Lothar, I am not sure of a VBA way to do this but you can certainly open multiple files when using Explorer. Just shift+click the files you require, right click and open files. Regards, Nick. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to open several excel files at once, ie. >select 2 or more files, right cli...

Sharing one outlook file between a laptop and a desktop
Does anyone know if it is possible to have the same outlook file on two machines, running different versions of outlook? I would like to buy a laptop, and use it while traveling. My desktop at home has Outlook 2002, and I would like both systems to run off the same outlook database (is it the .pst file?). When I return home, I would like to update the desktop by syncing it to the laptop, like a pocket pc, and updating the files on the desktop. Am I living on the other side of the looking glass, or is this possible? Can you this same idea work amongst a network of different machines runnin...

Can I freeze multiple rows?
I'm working on a spreadsheet that has contact information in the farthest lefthand collumn and collumn headers at the top of the spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can freeze both of them so that I always know what I'm looking at without having to scroll all the way up or all the way over? Thanks a bunch! =) If you click on cell B2 and do Window > FreezePanes, then both column A and row 1 will be "frozen"....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 " <littlestar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B58B895-7C24-4418-87B3-B3B5F35AA682@microsoft.com....

Win32 DLL def file question
Hi How can we export Win32 dll functions for dynamically LoadLibrary and GetProceeAddress ? I see VS MFC DLL project has a def file but Win32 DLL does not have one, should we add a def file to VS Win32 DLL project , how can I do that ? Thank you . This will be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d91k01sh(VS.80).aspx -- Ajay "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBF8564-3F78-4808-B826-A0186AB29CCC@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can we export Win32 dll functions for dynamically LoadLibrary and > GetProceeAddress ? > &...

Split "Firstname Lastname" text box into two columns, Multiple Aut
Hello, I've got a bibliography data base I'm trying to set up and would like to enter a name, "John Smith" into my form and have it add an entry into my Authors table as Column 1 - John, Column 2, Smith. Also, there are sometimes mulitple authors on any given paper. How can I enter mulitple authors for the same paper? Below is the VBA, SQL code I've been trying to work from. I get an error, "Number of query values and destination fields are not the same" when I try to run it. But it still would 't solve the mulitple author problem even if it wo...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can I save application as .exe file
I have created several successful Access applications in the past. I need an application that can be maintained on several different computers which may not all have MS Office installed. Can I put the complete database on a CD so different people can update the data? I guess that this means the application would have to be a .exe file and maybe use CD-RW CDs so it can be written to on different computers. Really Gone There's never been an ability to create an executable from an Access database, and I wouldn't expect there ever to be such a capability. Take a look a...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...