How can I work in two different documents on multiple monitors?

  • Follow

I would like to have two different Powerpoint documents open at the same time
on different/multiple monitors so that I can copy items from one document to
the other without having to open and close either document.

My computer is set up for multiple monitors.

Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 10:27:01 PM

You can probably stretch the PowerPoint window across both monitors and then
open both prentations and View >( Window) Arrange All in 2007 or Window >
Arrange All in earlier versions

You might also want to read
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"totallyjudy" wrote:

> I would like to have two different Powerpoint documents open at the same time
> on different/multiple monitors so that I can copy items from one document to
> the other without having to open and close either document.
>
> My computer is set up for multiple monitors.
>
> Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 10:32:01 PM

When I try to open a second document, it opens the second document but closes
the first. It only allows me to have one document open at a time.

I am using MS Office 2003

Judy

"John Wilson" wrote:

> You can probably stretch the PowerPoint window across both monitors and then
> open both prentations and View >( Window) Arrange All in 2007 or Window >
> Arrange All in earlier versions
>
> You might also want to read
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "totallyjudy" wrote:
>
> > I would like to have two different Powerpoint documents open at the same time
> > on different/multiple monitors so that I can copy items from one document to
> > the other without having to open and close either document.
> >
> > My computer is set up for multiple monitors.
> >
> > Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 10:49:02 PM

Did you click on Windows > Arrange All after opening the second presentation?
--

"totallyjudy" wrote:

> When I try to open a second document, it opens the second document but closes
> the first. It only allows me to have one document open at a time.
>
> I am using MS Office 2003
>
> Judy
>
> "John Wilson" wrote:
>
> > You can probably stretch the PowerPoint window across both monitors and then
> > open both prentations and View >( Window) Arrange All in 2007 or Window >
> > Arrange All in earlier versions
> >
> > You might also want to read
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html
> > --
> > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >
> > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
> >

> > "totallyjudy" wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to have two different Powerpoint documents open at the same time
> > > on different/multiple monitors so that I can copy items from one document to
> > > the other without having to open and close either document.
> > >
> > > My computer is set up for multiple monitors.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 10:55:01 PM

I clicked on Windows but did not need to click on "Arrange All" because it
only shows one document open - the most recent. No matter how many different
documents I open, it will only show the most recent document.

"John Wilson" wrote:

> Did you click on Windows > Arrange All after opening the second presentation?
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "totallyjudy" wrote:
>
> > When I try to open a second document, it opens the second document but closes
> > the first. It only allows me to have one document open at a time.
> >
> > I am using MS Office 2003
> >
> > Judy
> >
> > "John Wilson" wrote:
> >
> > > You can probably stretch the PowerPoint window across both monitors and then
> > > open both prentations and View >( Window) Arrange All in 2007 or Window >
> > > Arrange All in earlier versions
> > >
> > > You might also want to read
> > > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html
> > > --
> > > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> > >
> > > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html

0
Reply Utf 1/14/2010 11:21:02 PM

Wait! Hold the Press! It actually did allow the last two documents to remain
open. And I did the "Arrange All" and it worked on on Monitor. I'll probably
need to do the stretch across both monitor thingie, but that is okay!

Thanks, John!

"John Wilson" wrote:

> Did you click on Windows > Arrange All after opening the second presentation?
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "totallyjudy" wrote:
>
> > When I try to open a second document, it opens the second document but closes
> > the first. It only allows me to have one document open at a time.
> >
> > I am using MS Office 2003
> >
> > Judy
> >
> > "John Wilson" wrote:
> >
> > > You can probably stretch the PowerPoint window across both monitors and then
> > > open both prentations and View >( Window) Arrange All in 2007 or Window >
> > > Arrange All in earlier versions
> > >
> > > You might also want to read
> > > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html
> > > --