How can I merge two power point presentations together...

  • Follow

Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?
0
Reply Utf 3/11/2010 6:17:02 PM

Which version of PowerPoint are you using? The easiest way is to open both
presentations, put them into the slide sorter view and drag from one to the
other. Keeping in mind that the slides that your putting into the new
presentation will take on whatever the new presentation looks like, dependig
on which version of PowerPoint your using.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?

0
Reply Michael 3/11/2010 7:14:58 PM

If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out to
where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you want
to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is available on
older versions of powerpoint or not.

"Ellen" wrote:

> Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?
0
Reply Utf 3/11/2010 7:43:01 PM

In older versions of PowerPoint (version 2000 for sure and maybe 2003 as
well): Insert<Slides From File
Then browse and select the presentation you want to copy.
Then choose the slides you want--or "Insert All" to copy the whole thing.
The copied slides will not retain their original formatting; they will
follow the formatting of the presentation where you are pasting them, based
on your Slide Master settings.

"Tammy" wrote:

> If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
> slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out to
> where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
> those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you want
> to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is available on
> older versions of powerpoint or not.
>

> "Ellen" wrote:
>
> > Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?
0
Reply Utf 3/12/2010 4:04:01 AM

Exactly.

Insert | Slides | From File is definitely available in PPT 97, 2000, 2002
and 2003. In 2007 it was moved (as Tammy mentioned) to Home tab | New Slide
| Reuse Slides, and it remains there in PPT 2010 (in the release candidate
version, anyway, and I don't see any reason to expect it to move again).

I just can't remember if it was available in PPT 95. (I think it was). Does
anyone still use PPT 95?

"PianoMan" <PianoMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In older versions of PowerPoint (version 2000 for sure and maybe 2003 as
> well): Insert<Slides From File
> Then browse and select the presentation you want to copy.
> Then choose the slides you want--or "Insert All" to copy the whole thing.
> The copied slides will not retain their original formatting; they will
> follow the formatting of the presentation where you are pasting them,
> based
> on your Slide Master settings.
>

> "Tammy" wrote:
>
>> If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
>> slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out
>> where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
>> those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you
>> want
>> to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is
>> available on
>> older versions of powerpoint or not.
>>

>> "Ellen" wrote:
>>
>> > Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?

0
Reply Echo 3/15/2010 2:04:28 PM

In article <3DB6A08D-23EA-4B33-BD9B-3D0262C57317@microsoft.com>, Echo S wrote:
> Exactly.
>
> Insert | Slides | From File is definitely available in PPT 97, 2000, 2002
> and 2003. In 2007 it was moved (as Tammy mentioned) to Home tab | New Slide
> | Reuse Slides, and it remains there in PPT 2010 (in the release candidate
> version, anyway, and I don't see any reason to expect it to move again).
>
> I just can't remember if it was available in PPT 95. (I think it was). Does
> anyone still use PPT 95?

Do I still have to use it to be able to claim that I remember?
If so, then I must not remember.
But if not, then yes, it was available.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/