How can I merge two power point presentations together...

Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?

Which version of PowerPoint are you using? The easiest way is to open both
presentations, put them into the slide sorter view and drag from one to the
other. Keeping in mind that the slides that your putting into the new
presentation will take on whatever the new presentation looks like, dependig
on which version of PowerPoint your using.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?

0
Michael
3/11/2010 7:14:58 PM
If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out to
where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you want
to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is available on
older versions of powerpoint or not.

"Ellen" wrote:

> Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?
In older versions of PowerPoint (version 2000 for sure and maybe 2003 as
well): Insert<Slides From File
Then browse and select the presentation you want to copy.
Then choose the slides you want--or "Insert All" to copy the whole thing.
The copied slides will not retain their original formatting; they will
follow the formatting of the presentation where you are pasting them, based
on your Slide Master settings.

"Tammy" wrote:

> If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
> slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out to
> where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
> those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you want
> to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is available on
> older versions of powerpoint or not.
>

> "Ellen" wrote:
>
> > Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?
Exactly.

Insert | Slides | From File is definitely available in PPT 97, 2000, 2002
and 2003. In 2007 it was moved (as Tammy mentioned) to Home tab | New Slide
| Reuse Slides, and it remains there in PPT 2010 (in the release candidate
version, anyway, and I don't see any reason to expect it to move again).

I just can't remember if it was available in PPT 95. (I think it was). Does
anyone still use PPT 95?

"PianoMan" <PianoMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In older versions of PowerPoint (version 2000 for sure and maybe 2003 as
> well): Insert<Slides From File
> Then browse and select the presentation you want to copy.
> Then choose the slides you want--or "Insert All" to copy the whole thing.
> The copied slides will not retain their original formatting; they will
> follow the formatting of the presentation where you are pasting them,
> based
> on your Slide Master settings.
>

> "Tammy" wrote:
>
>> If you are using Office 2007 you can go to "new slide" then choose "reuse
>> slides"  this will open another window which will allow you to browse out
>> where the other presentation is located.  This will then populate each of
>> those slides into that window.  You can pick and choose which slides you
>> want
>> to copy into your new presentation.  Not sure if this feature is
>> available on
>> older versions of powerpoint or not.
>>

>> "Ellen" wrote:
>>
>> > Do I need to cut and paste each slide or is there a better way?

0
Echo
3/15/2010 2:04:28 PM
In article <3DB6A08D-23EA-4B33-BD9B-3D0262C57317@microsoft.com>, Echo S wrote:
> Exactly.
>
> Insert | Slides | From File is definitely available in PPT 97, 2000, 2002
> and 2003. In 2007 it was moved (as Tammy mentioned) to Home tab | New Slide
> | Reuse Slides, and it remains there in PPT 2010 (in the release candidate
> version, anyway, and I don't see any reason to expect it to move again).
>
> I just can't remember if it was available in PPT 95. (I think it was). Does
> anyone still use PPT 95?

Do I still have to use it to be able to claim that I remember?
If so, then I must not remember.
But if not, then yes, it was available.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Points of Interest (POI)
Is it possible to convert from (UK) National Grid Reference to International map co-ordinates (longitude and latitude)? I want to build a Points of Interest (POI) file for my Garmin SatNav. Is the POI file format universal or are individual manufactures (or even models) different? Thanks. Bill R Have you tried asking Garmin? Bill R wrote: > Is it possible to convert from (UK) National Grid Reference to International > map co-ordinates (longitude and latitude)? I want to build a Points of > Interest (POI) file for my Garmin SatNav. > > Is the POI file format unive...

Validate almost one of two textbox
Hi, how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at least one of them (or both)? Thanks in advance. Luis On Nov 27, 2:16=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at > least one of them (or both)? > > Thanks in advance. > > Luis Use Javascript Function function jsValidateTextBoxGroup(sTxtBox1, sTxtBox2) { var bSuccess =3D true; var sTxtBox1Value =3D document.getElementById(sTxtBox1).value; var sTxtBox2Value =3D document.g...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...

Establish ranks by group and points with a twist?
I am trying to establish group positions for competitors based on penalty points and group. The catch being that equal times are considered as a single placing as illustrated below. I'm used to working what I will call normal ranking, using array formulas, to produce a ranking as shown by the figures in brackets. What I'm trying, and failing, to establish is a ranking where equal penalty points are considered as a single placing as shown by the non bracket ranking figures. I'd prefer to use worksheet formulas to calculate the rankng as the points change although VBA to work the ran...

Can you freeze columns in a list box?
I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the same in a list box? I have a list box that displays 30 columns of information. It would be helpful if the first 4 didn't have to disappear when you scroll to the right. "agene" <agene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AAE32B2-E08F-4F7F-9C5E-8B9CD2F806AE@microsoft.com... >I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on > the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the sa...