Dashed line

How do I draw a dashed line? As in a graph?
-2

Farrokh

You need to choose the "line style" eg. dotted / dashed / solid

cheers

--
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...
"Farrokh" <Farrokh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I draw a dashed line? As in a graph?

2
TAJ

how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola
how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola? Do a regression analysis on the logarithms of the two variables. "aimee" wrote: > how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola? ...

background color for dashed line
Hi, I'm calling CPen::CreatePen() and passing PS_DASH (white color). My background is black BUT the line I draw (using the CPen object) is drawn on an existing WHITE line. As a result, I cannot see the new dashed line (because it doesn't draw anything between the small lines so I see only one solid line). I know that I can draw two lines- one black and one dashed white, but the question is if I can draw only one dashed line so that between the white small lines it will draw black lines? Regards, Ram. Ram, If memory serves, the color set in SetBkColor will be used by the background...

Off-line zreport simulation
Hi Folks Once in a while, we do trade shows and use the off-line mode. I would like to have the ability to simulate z-report - in order to know how well I did at the show. I would be interested in knowing what other people are doing... Not sure which of the transaction tables to use... Transaction, TransactionEntry , TransactionHold, TransactionHoldEntry I did a few tsql report scripts - this is what I have so far - \ - listing of stuff sold.. SELECT [Transaction].Time, [Transaction].TransactionNumber, item.ItemLookUpCode, TransactionEntry.Price, TransactionEntry.Quantity, Ite...

Macro to insert blank line with formula
I need a macro that will insert an extra blank line that includes a *total* formula in the last column. Simple if u know how, im sure :) Can anyone help me out plz? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sharlene , Simple, if you explain it better. How is your data arranged? What do you want to total? What is the logic for where to insert the blank line? That said, below is one way, based on the current cell's current region. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub SharleneInsert() With ActiveCell.CurrentRegion .Cells(.Rows.Count + 1, 1).EntireRow.Insert .Cells(.Rows.Count...

Command Line Utility to split text file by number of lines
I'm looking for an windows command line utility that can split files by number of line. Most of them are by bytes... can anyone recommend ? Thanks. You could write your own or try this: <http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/> If you tell me what you want to do, I can do it for you and send you by email. Send me a sample file and tell me how many lines in each file and I will do it for you. Make sure the files are text files not binary files because lines only apply to text files. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > I'm looking for an windows command line ...

How to insert a repeating dash in phone numbers without dashes in.
Please I've been trying to discover a way to insert a dash automatically in many phone numbers without dashes already input in a single column in Excel. The phone numbers are all unique so I can not use Find and Replace method with the asterisk wildcard. The only consistent factor is the dash would be inserted after the first 3 digits of each phone number in the column. Thanks for any help or tips! Hi in a column adjacent to your data type =SUBSTITUTE(C1," ","-") (where C1 is the first cell of your data) move the cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the ce...

Unwanted lines on page
I'm trying to print a monogram on card stock which is 7" wide and 10" long. No matter how I set the margins, my HP 4350 PhotoSmart printer always produces a page which has a short vertical line at the bottom right of the page, about 1" from the edge, and a short horizontal line at both the top and bottom of the page, about 1/2" from the edge of the paper. -- WEP I had this problem with small publications with my HP. HP advised me to use the best or maximum print quality. This worked for me. I don't see this solution with your printer however. You need to as...

Line Spacing
I have an odd problem. On a few slides I change the line spacing, save the file, and when I open it the spacing is back to original spacing? It is not the spacing of the applied design template? I am using 2003 on XP SP3. I have copied the slide to another presentation and saved and it kept the line spacing. I have copied the slide to another presentation, clicked on the smart tab and selected keep original formatting, saved, and it reverted back to the original line spacing. This appears to be related to the design template? Why then would it not revert to the design templa...

Lines at the end of a sheet
Hello, When I hit the Ctrl-End key it brings me to the end of the sheet. understand it is because there was data there but I have deleted it. Any way to change where the ctrl-end stops? Thanks Gre -- Gbond ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gbonda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27080 Select all the data from where the data stops to the end, if your data stops at row 450, in the name box type 451:65536 and press enter (name box is th...

I want my grid lines back
How is it that part of my spread sheet has grid lines showing and muc of it does not? Please make it all show grid lines.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ram, Make sure that the area that doesnt have grid lines are not merged cells. - Larry - --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Or you have set a white backround Fill color for some cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "nrage21 >" <<nrage21.1031df@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:nrage21.1031df@excelforum-nospam.com... >...

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

dashes
Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, Publisher was putting them in and I didn't want them. Now I decided I do want them and can't do it just from the keyboard. I see where you can go to Insert -> symbol but that is quite cumbersome. Thanks! Publisher 2002, Win-ME -- Hugs, Erika Use alt+0150 for en dash - Use alt+0151 for em dash - -- Ron Cohen "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:usEzyUZhEHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, > Publisher was puttin...

How do I leave out blank cells in a line graph?
I have a line-graph linked to a table of data. Some cells in the data table are blank (these cells have an apostrophe in), and at the moment the line graph displays these cells as zeros. But I'd like these blank cells to be omitted in the graph, and not displayed as 0. I've tried 'Tools>Options>Chart>' but the 'Plot empty cells as Not plotted is greyed out'. Can anyone help?! Either blank, or with an apostrophe, won't be treated as empty. If the cells aren't totally empty, try replacing the contents by N/A#. Perhaps IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()). --...

Pie chart with 'anchored' lines to text box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? ...

Fingding a friend on line
I`m a senior school student and I often surf on the internet.In China,I`m the one of common boys.And I am eager to finding a friend on line.Only two requirements to the people who want to communicate with me: 1,honest and good 2,my English level is low,so please describe your thought in a easy way. Thanks for your reading to this e-mail. With best regards, Camus. Sorry, you're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for questi...

In Line changes not printing in line
When I have my changes displayed in line and I select Print, the Print Preview shows the changes in line, but the actual printed document shows them as bubbles to the right. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Bubbles as in symbols? Are they document notes? If they are document notes you need to deselect print notes. They can be formatting marks, check display under Word options from your print dialogue box. Hope that helps :) "Robert_L_Ross" wrote: > When I have my changes displayed in line and I select Print, the Print > Preview shows the changes i...

Copy Data From Varying Lines to One Sheet
I have a small compilation of data in cells A10:I24, same set up, but different data on 6 sheets. In A10:A24 on each sheet are vendor names. I have a 7th sheet that is a "summary" of the data associated with each row by vendor. On each sheet these vendors are in a different order (On a different line) and may or may not exist on all the pages (Page 1 might have Vendor1, 2, and 3, while page 2 might have Vendor 2, 4, and 5). My question is, is it possible for a script to "look" at each page, and copy each vendor to this summary page, and then copy it's...

Query that gives all lines of a Sales order; just need a couple li
How can I pull Sales data that gives me a specific criteria I choose? Data has a category called 123X on a sales order, and i want all those with the X. But Data has a category 123Y that are on the same Sales order, and those come up on my query also. The dollar amount with the X category should be alot smaller than those with Y. Hope this is clear. Criteria like "*X" -- Wayne Manchester, England. "G Wack" wrote: > How can I pull Sales data that gives me a specific criteria I choose? > Data has a category called 123X on a sales order, and i want all...

macros from command line
Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a command line? Cyberwolf wrote: > Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a > command line? ------------------------ I don't quite understand what you mean by command line within the Excel context? What you can do if you wish, is to create a button for it. Push the button and the macro executes. You can place the button either on a sheet, or up in your tool bar. Bill Cyberwolf wrote: > Is there a switch that will run a macro in my personal workbook from a > command li...

Em dash with Hairspaces
I want to follow the Chicago Manual of Style when inserting an em dash into text, which calls for a very thin space ("hairspace") between the em dash and the letters to the left and right of it. If you insert an em dash between two letters (or words) in Publisher, the em dash solidly connects the two. You can of course manually insert a space before and after the em dash but that's unacceptable. What's the easiest way to create a modification of the em dash that incorporates hairspaces on both sides? In Publisher 2000 I was able to create an em dash to your...

Suppressing undesired lines
I am developing a report for my supervisor -- he doesn't want to see individual detail lines under $1,000, but want them included in the grand total. How do I suppress lines under 1,000 Use some VBA code to hide/show the section as appropriate. Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) If Me.Amount > 1000 Then Me.Section(acDetail).Visible = True Else Me.Section(acDetail).Visible = False ENd if End Sub John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County ...

optional hypens showing as dashes
In Word 2007 - when I copy an existing portion of a document to a new file (I use paste special to remove all formatting because I work across several documents with different style sheets and don't want to carry them into my new document), any hyphen inserted in the first document converts to a dash or the symbol that shows for an optional hyphen when you have paragraph marks showing, which then creates typos in the new document. This appears to be a glitch in the latest upgrades to Word as this never occurred in the past. Has anyone else come across this problem and is the...

How do I add base line to a stacked bar chart?
How do I add base line to a stacked bar chart? What do you mean by "Base Line"? "CM" wrote: > How do I add base line to a stacked bar chart? ...

Lined Monthly Calendar
How can I create a monthly calendar that has lines in each cell? what do you mean by lines? vertical horizontal diagonal???? "tennisolivia" wrote: > How can I create a monthly calendar that has lines in each cell? ...

Changes to PO line items need to be saved.
Once you open the Purchase Entry Detail window and make a change, either purposefully or not knowingly, there is no way to close the window except to save whatever was done. Since you don't always want to save a change, I would like Great Plains to allow you to save just the changes. Now, you are stuck in a loop and the only way out is to save. Sometime when we make a change we want to go back to how it was before but that now is not an option. Sometimes we are not even sure of the exact change that we made and just want to be able to back out of the window. If you hit cancel, y...