How to reduce font size for Folder list and email list?

I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font size
are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest. That
changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font size for
Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right?

I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing changed
to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are still in very
large font.

Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very large
font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at how very difficult it
is to change font sizes in browsers (Opera is impossible, IE changes some
things and not others, Fx is the easiest to change but it leaves some stuff
way too large now also).

Are the headers controlled by Windows Display Properties/Advanced Settings
as I haven't changed anything there yet (I use Classic View in XP Pro not XP
view and I also am having the same problems in Vista Ultimate with Windows
Mail where I do not use Aero but use Classic View also).  It is really
irritating to see some font still way too large and other font now smaller.
I am wondering why there is not one simple way to change the font size for
everything from browsers to email clients to Windows Explorer display, etc.
I've had large fonts for so many years now...I had no idea how difficult it
would be to change everything to smaller.  I have left Windows DPI at
120-..maybe I should have changed that first and then other things would not
have needed as much change...but I have used Window DPI of 120 for 12 years
now so I thought I would just leave it and change font sizes but that is
proving hard to do!

0
Melelina
4/18/2010 1:26:53 PM
outlookexpress.general 525 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Right click on the Desktop | Properties | Appearance. If there is an
Advanced button click that. In the Item drop-down box select Icon.  Change
the font size there.

Note that this will change the font size in some other places as well.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Melelina" <melelina@medscape.com> wrote in message
>I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font size
>are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest. That
>changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font size
>for Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right?
>
> I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing
> changed to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are still
> in very large font.
>
> Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very
> large font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at how very
> difficult it is to change font sizes in browsers (Opera is impossible,
> IE changes some things and not others, Fx is the easiest to change but
> it leaves some stuff way too large now also).
>
> Are the headers controlled by Windows Display Properties/Advanced
> Settings as I haven't changed anything there yet (I use Classic View in
> XP Pro not XP view and I also am having the same problems in Vista
> Ultimate with Windows Mail where I do not use Aero but use Classic View
> also).  It is really irritating to see some font still way too large and
> other font now smaller. I am wondering why there is not one simple way
> to change the font size for everything from browsers to email clients to
> Windows Explorer display, etc. I've had large fonts for so many years
> now...I had no idea how difficult it would be to change everything to
> smaller.  I have left Windows DPI at 120-..maybe I should have changed
> that first and then other things would not have needed as much
> change...but I have used Window DPI of 120 for 12 years now so I thought
> I would just leave it and change font sizes but that is proving hard to
> do!

0
Bruce
4/18/2010 2:26:44 PM
Thanks!!!
But who would know that "icon" in that Advanced Display Properties drop down
list would be the one to affect font size for certain aspects of OE? It was
set on Verdana and 10pt. which was large font...I guess because of using DPI
of 120 because ordinarily 10pt font is not large. I put it at 8 and that
made it just right (and changed the header size too).  A long time ago, I
had to learn by trial and error what each of those items governed in Windows
display, but I don't recall that I knew icon affected parts of OE. Maybe I
knew long ago and forgot because I have had to use big fonts for many years.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Right click on the Desktop | Properties | Appearance. If there is an
> Advanced button click that. In the Item drop-down box select Icon.  Change
> the font size there.
>
> Note that this will change the font size in some other places as well.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Melelina" <melelina@medscape.com> wrote in message
>>I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font size
>>are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest. That
>>changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font size for
>>Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right?
>>
>> I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing
>> changed to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are still
>> in very large font.
>>
>> Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very
>> large font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at how very
>> difficult it is to change font sizes in browsers (Opera is impossible, IE
>> changes some things and not others, Fx is the easiest to change but it
>> leaves some stuff way too large now also).
>>
>> Are the headers controlled by Windows Display Properties/Advanced
>> Settings as I haven't changed anything there yet (I use Classic View in
>> XP Pro not XP view and I also am having the same problems in Vista
>> Ultimate with Windows Mail where I do not use Aero but use Classic View
>> also).  It is really irritating to see some font still way too large and
>> other font now smaller. I am wondering why there is not one simple way to
>> change the font size for everything from browsers to email clients to
>> Windows Explorer display, etc. I've had large fonts for so many years
>> now...I had no idea how difficult it would be to change everything to
>> smaller.  I have left Windows DPI at 120-..maybe I should have changed
>> that first and then other things would not have needed as much
>> change...but I have used Window DPI of 120 for 12 years now so I thought
>> I would just leave it and change font sizes but that is proving hard to
>> do!

0
Melelina
4/19/2010 4:57:01 AM
You're welcome. (Icon doesn't really jump out and grab you when looking
for this) <w>.
--

> Thanks!!!
> But who would know that "icon" in that Advanced Display Properties drop
> down list would be the one to affect font size for certain aspects of
> OE? It was set on Verdana and 10pt. which was large font...I guess
> because of using DPI of 120 because ordinarily 10pt font is not large. I
> put it at 8 and that made it just right (and changed the header size
> too).  A long time ago, I had to learn by trial and error what each of
> those items governed in Windows display, but I don't recall that I knew
> icon affected parts of OE. Maybe I knew long ago and forgot because I
> have had to use big fonts for many years.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Right click on the Desktop | Properties | Appearance. If there is an
>> Advanced button click that. In the Item drop-down box select Icon.
>> Change the font size there.
>>
>> Note that this will change the font size in some other places as well.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Melelina" <melelina@medscape.com> wrote in message
>>>I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font
>>>size are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest.
>>>That changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font
>>>size for Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right?
>>>
>>> I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing
>>> changed to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are
>>> still in very large font.
>>>
>>> Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very
>>> large font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at how very
>>> difficult it is to change font sizes in browsers (Opera is impossible,
>>> IE changes some things and not others, Fx is the easiest to change but
>>> it leaves some stuff way too large now also).
>>>
>>> Are the headers controlled by Windows Display Properties/Advanced
>>> Settings as I haven't changed anything there yet (I use Classic View
>>> in XP Pro not XP view and I also am having the same problems in Vista
>>> Ultimate with Windows Mail where I do not use Aero but use Classic
>>> View also).  It is really irritating to see some font still way too
>>> large and other font now smaller. I am wondering why there is not one
>>> simple way to change the font size for everything from browsers to
>>> email clients to Windows Explorer display, etc. I've had large fonts
>>> for so many years now...I had no idea how difficult it would be to
>>> change everything to smaller.  I have left Windows DPI at 120-..maybe
>>> I should have changed that first and then other things would not have
>>> needed as much change...but I have used Window DPI of 120 for 12 years
>>> now so I thought I would just leave it and change font sizes but that
>>> is proving hard to do!

0
Bruce

SHGetFolderPath() returns wrong folder path?
Hi all, I'd like to get the local app-data directory on my Windows XP (Brazilian Portuguese version). I tried the following code: ::SHGetFolderPath(NULL, CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA, NULL, 0, pszPath)); But this function returns the following (incorrect) path: C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Configura=C3=A7=C3=B5es locais\Dados de aplicativos which should have been: C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Configura=E7=F5es locais\Dados de aplicativos Any idea what the problem is? Thanks. diandaolly wrote: > Hi all, > > I'd like to get the local app-data directory on my Windows X...

Public Folders View
Hi all Basically I have a Exchange2k native mode installation and I am having some problems with public folders. First of all I create a folder under All Public Folders (using Outlook) and I can not see this or any other folder when I am using System Manager. Because of this I can not select the newly created folder and mail enable it Am I missing something here ? Also reading through lots of documentation I noticed that there should be a option called View Hiden Folders on the Folders menu in System Manager. I am not seing this either Thanks. So what do you actually see in ESM when you e...

Hyper links in email
Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. Thanks in advance Kodiak <kodiak62at@hotmail.com> wrote: > Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 > installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to > restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. If your web browser is Internet Explorer, open IE and click Tools>Internet Optons>Programs>Rese...

herculanum font
I need herculanum font for MS Publisher document on Windows XP platform. I have never downloaded font from a site before. Are there sites you can legally download this for free and if so would it be spyware and adware free? Otherwise I will forget it since it is not critical I have the program match the event poster. Any recommendations? Thanks, Susan This is not a free font. There are some fonts that look similar, but Herculanum itself is not free. If you go to a free site you are taking your chances. http://www.1001fonts.com/payfonts/5328/Herculanum-.html You might try www.dafon...

Exporting Customer Mailing List Data From RMS
The objective is to export customer mailing list data in a format useable to a mailing service company. When you use the Mailing Labels option within Crystal Reports, the city/state/zip data is contained within one field. The preferred format is for that data to be in three separate fields, so that ZIP sorting can be performed. Can someone guide me through the process I need to follow to make this happen? Thanks. Do a customer list report (you will have to add the address fields by editing it with a text editor) from the reports menu and export it to CSV or comma seperated. &quo...

How do I find the time taken to respond to an email?
I want to be able to produce a report that shows the time taken to respond to emails. Is there an easy way to get this information from outlook. There's no built-in function for that. You'd have to program the solution yourself with VBA, or see www.slipstick.com, where you might find an Add-in for that. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:26:01 -0700 schrieb Veronica: > I want to...

reduce document print size
This seems like it should be an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out. I have a 24"x18" sign in Publisher, I want to reduce it to postcard size, or about 6"x4.5". I can't find any print driver setting to allow me to do this. There is a setting for 25% reduction but thats a function of the printer driver. Does publisher have a function to allow me to reduce the print size down to 12.5%? Hmmm.... I suppose I could output to jpg and reduce with photoshop.... surely there is a much easier answer though. Thanks! If there is text involved, the conversion...

How to reduce table?
I have a table with over 5000 rows. However, only about 2500 rows contain info, the rest are empty rows (one row with info, next empty, etc). I deleted a few rows by clicking on them and holding Ctrl key. But is there a way to delete several hundreds of empty rows at once? If there is, may someone please tell me how to do it! -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Select a column that has empty cells. F5>Special>Blanks>OK. Edit>Delete>Entire Rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:56:51 -0400, "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote: >I h...

how do i set up a group task list?
I want to set up a group task list that can be edited by 3 different people? I know I can share a task list but that means others have read only rights, which isn't enough. All help gratefully accepted. "steelygal" <steelygal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53439470-0622-4084-B941-4EB200A905AB@microsoft.com... >I want to set up a group task list that can be edited by 3 different people? > I know I can share a task list but that means others have read only rights, > which isn't enough. All help gratefully accepted. Share the t...

Reducing the Database
I hope someone can verify this for me as I read it and cant find the original source again. I had a user with a mailbox size of 1g. I have deleted every item in his mailbox, with the exception of a few emails (no attachment) and expect his mailbox size to be well under 50 mb. I have did not perform an offline defrag on this mail server, but rather moved the user to a new mail server. Should his current mailbox size now reflect 50 mb or will it show 1g as it did on the other server? Thanks Ken Depends :-) What is your Deleted Items Retention policy? If you deleted everything yesterda...

Automatically Change Font Size in Incoming E-mail?
Is there a way to change the font size automatically to a larger font for incoming e-mails? (have one that prints in tiny sized font every time...) You could choose the option to read all mail as plain text, and then specify the desired plain text font and size. As far as I know, this is the only way to have control over the appearance of text in Outlook (but one of the Outlook experts may prove me wrong on this one). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "T-rex915" <T-rex915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DFD66...

music when open an email
Is there a way to add a music file to publisher, so that when it is sent as an email, it plays music when you open the email? katefenton wrote: > Is there a way to add a music file to publisher, so that when it is sent as > an email, it plays music when you open the email? If there were, I wouldn't tell you. Uninvited music in emails and web pages should be a capital offense! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org I'll second that punishment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"...

Removing unused fonts from Office apps menus?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3301656718_367365 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, Is it possible to remove the fonts that I don�t use regularly from the menu of Office 2008 applications? I know that some fonts are essential to running the programs and I don�t want to necessarily disable/delete the fonts but just not have them displayed on the font menu � its a bit of a pain to scroll through so many fonts that I don...

Assign HTML Template to Specific Email Account in Outlook
Outlook XP. I am looking to assign an HTML Template to all the emails I reply/write within a specific email account. I figured out how to assign a template to ALL my emails, but, not to one specific account only, and not the rest. Can someone show me how to do this? Thanks D You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, D asked: | Outlook XP. | | I am looking to assign...

Word 2007 open window size
Is there a setting for Word 2007 to remember my window size (the last time I used word) when opening word or to force it to open with my desired window size? On my Win7 x64 ultimate laptop when I open word the window is about 1/4 of my screen. After I open word I resize the window to 1/2 the width of my screen and the full height of my screen. Within Win7 I use the Windows 7 Basic setting (I'm not sure if this will impact word 2007) - I don't like the Aero settings. I've also noticed that the window size will sometimes change when I'm using word. I've not b...

reading html email
I sent an html email from a web based account to my outlook 2002 account. The problem is that outlook 2002 isn't rendering the html, but showing only the code. How can I get it to render in my outlook account? Thanks, Chad ...

how can I change font color after bulletpoints?
I'm attempting to create a tiered bulletpoint list. I indented my 2nd point and changed the color to red. All text after the point is also red now. Any attempt to highlight the text and format it back to black changes the bulletpoint color t o black as well. I would like to be able to alter just the bulletpoint symbol color and retain whatever text color I want to use. I can't seem to figure it out though. How did you create the bullet point? How did you change its color? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice....

the viewstate hidden field, how can I reduce it?
hi asp.net 3.5 I see in my page that the hidden field viewstate is relativly very large, and are looking for ways to reduce it. Because I think it can improve ranking. <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="WJ6eLjF5Grnr80+KngeZIcTDmEbX+zjv6ptIUmMgYaqKCBB/5hAKJ748W52U1l74GfNLHDuTLuwC/O4GQE/Sp+BnQYsW+nJHK+Qkg6xfb467kHRpiCUUl/Uv2tgQssSa2K4sfbMyaL/IIlb03091A3lbQV1wLMDvL7NPqXgwJERA1+Cx2eNlzll2WkbhNQw5Ne0FmtmBXaZysPeDEeQIrl5R2IesEHnCbrG5Mz2otNviv2JKia1yXgAKw3ljDlH7wmYWOF+WXn9lhsF5YElQnMZV2hpzQjJ91O5YARub/ci77gftNaI2Z6FqHjH...

scanning for email
I tried to scan and send a doc. could not. I thought if I changed the destination to MC Word it would work . I need to cancel all that and start over again. You need to provide the Microsoft Office and Scanner versions for each of the items you mention in your post. Otherwise, no one here will be able to figure out what you are using to send what from what version of which program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratc...

how to stop sending a too-large email
started sending a very large email and it has not completely been sent. cant delete it or stop sending. any suggestions on how to delete it? PEEVEE <PEEVEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > started sending a very large email and it has not completely been > sent. cant delete it or stop sending. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

public folder replication #3
We have an exchange 5,5 and two exchange 2000 servers (one for testing) on the domain. I created a public folder in Outlook which appeared on exch1 - I set up a replication to exch2 and successfully moved the folder across to exch2. A couple of minutes after that I created a second pub folder on exch1 and set up replication and set the home server to exch2 - the folder disappeared off exch1 but never re-appeared on exch2 (its still in Outlook though). There are also old pub folders on exch2 that should have been removed as I deleted them from Outlook, but they are still there. It looks like ...

Corrupted email subject with 2 different character encoding
Hi, I'm now working on a auto-reply email system and found the following raw subject line is corrupted when display in outlook 2003. Subject: =?UTF8?Q?Testing =E5=A4=9A=E5=B9=B4=E5=89=8D=E7=95=99=E5=AD=B8=E8=A5=BF=E7=8F=AD=E7=89=99=E7=9A=84=E7=84=A6=E5=B0=8F=E5=A7=90?= <=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNkMkLCQvJE4lOSVGITwlOCU7JUMlSCRyN0gkKCEiGyhC?=> Thunderbird can display it without any problem. The subject line contains two differrent character encoding: UTF8 and ISO-2022-JP. I found that the japanese chararcter can be displayed properly while the UTF8 text is corrupted. Any clues to fix t...

Font list problems since upgrade to Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC We have upgraded our computers from Office 04. The WYSIWYG font list worked perfectly in 04 in all applications...namely Word. <br><br>Once we made the upgrade to 08, a good chunk of my fonts have disappeared. I have re-located the fonts to the 'Microsoft' folder within the fonts foler, so Word can now 'find' the font...but I have to manually type the name of the font into the list. It won't show up on the list as a choice on its own. <br><br>I have tried deleting the...

reduce printing
I am using MS Publisher 2003. I want to print our school paper which I formatted to 12" x 18" but reduced to the size of a legal size bond paper, 8.5" x 14". I am using Epson Stylus C43SX printer. What should I do? ...

Folder location
In organizing emails, does it matter whether a folder is placed under the email account or under storage folders? Is there any advantage to use "storage" folders? The only advantage I can think of, if you accidentally delete a mail = account, you won't lose the emails or their folders when they are under Storage = folders. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "bob" <bobw888@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:Jv-dnW6vMrL1rKzWnZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > In o...