What can Windows CARDFILE 3.1 be Converted to run in Windows 7?

What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
7
(64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

First objective would be to get your data into a "non-proprietary" format
(or if proprietary - at least also includes an export function) - do a
Google search for the terms "Cardfile 3.0" or "Convert cardfile" etc

One of the Cardfile related google results that came up was:
http://www.kadifeli.com/fedon/addrfile.htm

(or try running it in Virtual XP mode while at the same time looking for a
suitable alternative to Cardfile altogether)

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"chuck2joyce" <chuck2joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with
> Windows
> 7
> (64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

0
Karl
11/28/2009 1:55:34 AM
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:06:01 -0800, chuck2joyce
<chuck2joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
>7
>(64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

Jot+Notes will import data from Cardfile

http://kingstairs.com/

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm

> On Friday, November 27, 2009 7:06 PM chuck2joyce wrote:

> What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
> 7
> (64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

>> On Friday, November 27, 2009 8:55 PM Karl Timmermans wrote:

>> First objective would be to get your data into a "non-proprietary" format
>> (or if proprietary - at least also includes an export function) - do a
>> Google search for the terms "Cardfile 3.0" or "Convert cardfile" etc
>>
>> One of the Cardfile related google results that came up was:
>> http://www.kadifeli.com/fedon/addrfile.htm
>>
>> (or try running it in Virtual XP mode while at the same time looking for a
>> suitable alternative to Cardfile altogether)
>>
>> Karl

>> Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
>> ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
>> "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
>> http://www.contactgenie.com

>>> On Friday, November 27, 2009 11:13 PM Steve Hayes wrote:

>>> Jot+Notes will import data from Cardfile
>>>
>>> http://kingstairs.com/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
>>> Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm
>>> Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
>>> E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Store ASP.NET Site Visitor Stats in MongoDb
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3a73c6de-82a1-4690-a7aa-d0eda58203f7/store-aspnet-site-visitor-stats-in-mongodb.aspx
0
doeraene (1)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can't send/receive

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Can't delete email #2

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

CRM 3.0 and embedded images
I have two issues in CRM that relate to how CRM works with embedded images or how CRM works with embedded images. First issue is that when I use an enbedded image in my Outlook signature, I get an error that the email cannot be promoted to CRM so I can either send the email without tracking it in CRM or I can remove the signature and then it works. Second issues is that when people reply to an email that is being tracked in CRM via a tracking token, if there are any images or pictures in the reply then the email is no longer tracked in CRM. You manually have to add the reply email t...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

fonts #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 and now the fonts are all messed up. I've read that office makes a new file for Microsoft fonts in computer/library/fonts. Can I move all those fonts straight into the fonts folder or do I need both folders? All the fonts in the fonts folder (not MSfonts) are in my Font Book, but Word doesn't seem to find them. I don't have any in the user file, since I am the only one using the computer, it was just easier to put all into the computer/library/fonts folder. Can you help me? &quo...

Can (or how can) I do this

several problems with windows update and WMDC
I installed WDMC and now i have to run this following update: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support but after I hit install the system is showing me this error: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2009 12:54 PM Error details: Code 80070103 Update type: Recommended can somebody tell me what to do with this error? AL Hello Al, Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032> -=- &q...

Office 2010 under Windows 7
Hi all, I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version. Unfortunately that does not change anything. Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks, Thomas There are Office...

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...