What can Windows CARDFILE 3.1 be Converted to run in Windows 7?

  • Follow

What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
7
(64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.
0
Reply Utf 11/28/2009 12:06:01 AM

First objective would be to get your data into a "non-proprietary" format
(or if proprietary - at least also includes an export function) - do a
Google search for the terms "Cardfile 3.0" or "Convert cardfile" etc

One of the Cardfile related google results that came up was:
http://www.kadifeli.com/fedon/addrfile.htm

(or try running it in Virtual XP mode while at the same time looking for a
suitable alternative to Cardfile altogether)

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"chuck2joyce" <chuck2joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with
> Windows
> 7
> (64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

0
Reply Karl 11/28/2009 1:55:34 AM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:06:01 -0800, chuck2joyce
<chuck2joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
>7
>(64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

Jot+Notes will import data from Cardfile

http://kingstairs.com/

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm

Use EviEdit
http://www.doeraene.be/programmes/eviedit.html

> On Friday, November 27, 2009 7:06 PM chuck2joyce wrote:

> What is a good replacement for MS Cardfile.exe?  It will not run with Windows
> 7
> (64-bit)?  I need  to use my CARDFILEs on my new computer.

>> On Friday, November 27, 2009 8:55 PM Karl Timmermans wrote:

>> First objective would be to get your data into a "non-proprietary" format
>> (or if proprietary - at least also includes an export function) - do a
>> Google search for the terms "Cardfile 3.0" or "Convert cardfile" etc
>>
>> One of the Cardfile related google results that came up was:
>> http://www.kadifeli.com/fedon/addrfile.htm
>>
>> (or try running it in Virtual XP mode while at the same time looking for a
>> suitable alternative to Cardfile altogether)
>>
>> Karl

>> Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
>> ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
>> "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
>> http://www.contactgenie.com

>>> On Friday, November 27, 2009 11:13 PM Steve Hayes wrote:

>>> Jot+Notes will import data from Cardfile
>>>
>>> http://kingstairs.com/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
>>> Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm
>>> Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
>>> E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Store ASP.NET Site Visitor Stats in MongoDb
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3a73c6de-82a1-4690-a7aa-d0eda58203f7/store-aspnet-site-visitor-stats-in-mongodb.aspx
0
Reply doeraene (1) 8/11/2010 8:32:45 AM

(page loaded in 5.749 seconds)