recieving same emails over and over again

Follow
Email
For some reason, Every time I press Send/Receive, the same emails and junk
mails keep coming time after time even when blocked and bounced to sender.
Please help.

0
Reply Utf 4/20/2010 8:08:01 PM

"LittleVic" <LittleVic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> For some reason, Every time I press Send/Receive, the same emails and junk
> mails keep coming time after time even when blocked and bounced to sender.

There are several issues here.  First, you can't "bounce" a message with a
mail client like Outlook.  Non-delivery reports must come from the mail
server, not the client, or it's not detected as an NDR.  On top of that,
spamers never see non-delivery reports so it's pointless to send them.

Second, we don't know what "blocked" means in your description, but trying to
add specific junk mail sender addresses to the Blocked Sender list in Outlook
is pointless because spammers constantly change the sending address.

Third, assuming you're using a POP account, there may be something interfering
with the POP protocols so that Outlook and the server never get to agree which
messages have been downloaded, which will cause them to be downloaded again
during the next send/receive.  One thing that can cause this is scanning your
incoming mail with an antivirus or -spam application.  If you expect Outlook
to properly handle incoming messages, do not get any applications between
Outlook and the server.  If your AV program is configured to scan mail,
uninstall it and reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

1
Reply Brian 4/21/2010 12:03:27 PM
Follow
Email

Visible Jpegs in email don't print
Using Windows 98 and Outlook 2000. JPEG within the email text (like a logo) do not print. I've forwarded the msg to Win XP/Outlook2000 and it prints fine. I've also controlled for the printer. The problem seems to stem from the computer running Windows98/Outlook2000. There don't appear to be any options to check. Could it be I need to download a certain patch or something? Thanks for any advice. Colfax Hi Colfax, this could be the help you need http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;271562 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den News...

email hijacked?
Help! Periodically when I start-up outlook to check email, outlook will indicate that it is sending email even though I don't have email to send. The emails don't show up in the 'sent items' folder and i'm haven't been able to stop the emails to check what they are before they go out. I have received one or two email failure replies with content that I clearly didn't send. I think it's been hijacked, but haven't been able to locate the culprit with several spyware and security products (ad-aware, spybot, norton). Checked for mydoom and not in...

Outlook 2003, how to recognize replied email
I've been a long time user of Outlook Express, am now using Outlook 2003. After replying to an email from the inbox in Outlook 2003, why doesn't the icon change showing me that I've replied to the email after doing so? Am I missing something, how do you tell if a reply has been made. Please send me a direct reply to skidown92.removethis@hotmail.com Thanks ...

Second email address for recipient
running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003. I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users, who already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact for this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to create another alias for this particular user? There may be a better method then mine, but for us I just create a distribution group with email address of comments@mycompany.com, ...

Sending email error
Account: 'pop-server.satx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.satx.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 That's not the complete error message. The first part is missing. From the fragment you supplied it appears that the recipient's email address may have contained an illegal character. Can you send emails to yourself, or to other recipients besides this one? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Adding email address to the GAL
Hello All, I am still having problems adding 100+ email address to the GAL I have exported my contact list to a CSV file. and used the caved to import the file to the AD, put I am getting errors. The file contact the full contact, name address, phone number and email address. What I would like to do is have all of the email address that we use all on the gal with full address details? how can I do this Thanks -- Regards Andrew Gledhill You haven't said what you were doing so I'll take a punt and say that you should be using: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CS...

Word as editor to send email via Gmail
Email messages showed double line spacing when viewing with browser (IE & Firefox). I found that it happened if Word was editor. The message was in HTML format. It was fine if Word was not editor or was sent with other email clients. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks, Charles Use Shift+Return to start a new line or use word-wrapping. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Charles Leung asked: | Email mes...

Out look exp emails
i am having the hardest time adding a new user to my outlook. we have done it before but for some reason it will not let me add my husband. i do everything the same way and even read all the instructions but still no go. it lets me create a page for him but when i click on send/receive it shows the little file pic and says...bad password. it is still the same password. i have tried not using a pass word and it does the same thing!! this is driving me mad! why does it work on my email addie and not his? i even delete mine and start over with mine and it works fine. please help...

Email pictures are pixelated-how can I fix
If anyone can help me that would be great. I am about to pull my hair out with this. I have created a newsletter in Publisher in landscape format with several text boxes and pictures. For some reason the logo in the left top corner pixelates when I send it as an email. I have sent it from publisher, saved it as an htm and sent it and also PDF'd and sent with the same result. The newsletter contains links in it which seems to be a problem in some save methods by making the links unavailable. So the bottom line is how can I keep my links and have clarity in my pictures when I em...

Unable to send or recieve
Using outlook 2002, I added a new E-mail account, when I press send recieve my new account is not listed. I then erased all of my accounts and re-installed outlook and setup all of my accounts. Now none of my accounts showup when I hit send/recieve. I setup outlook express temporarly(works fine). Please help. How can I uninstall and erase all the data from outlook. Thanks Under Tools->Email Accounts->Send/Receive Settings, what do you show for the send/receive intervals? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

Email #36
Can I move an outside text document into my outbox on Outlook and have it automatically email to a recipient based based upon an email address listed in the header of the document? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dave Mudra asked: | Can I move an outside text document into my outbox on | Outlook and have it automatically email to a recipient | based based upon an email ad...

Multiple emails
I keep getting mutiple copies of the same email. Sometimes 3 or 4, up to 6 identical. Other emails, I just get one. Any ideas? Mick You /are/ running Windows Mail on Vista and not Outlook Express, correct? Is this a pop3 account? Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For ...

Why is my email sending duplicate emails when I have attachments?
I attached a 2MB file and it keeps sending the same email over and over. What setting is wrong , my Outlook email or my Trend Micro security? need help, I am blowing up peoples computers with emails.. help. "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2C0B88-F0AC-472B-A6C9-46AABBF09BB2@microsoft.com... >I attached a 2MB file and it keeps sending the same email over and over. > What setting is wrong , my Outlook email or my Trend Micro security? need > help, I am blowing up peoples computers with emails.. help. This is usually ...

Enabling Relay for a specific email address or domain
I posted this question in a more generic fassion earlier, but should have added more detail. So here is is: I am running Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 server. On this server I am running an ASP helpdesk application that uses CDOSYS as the connection method to send the submitting user updates as the ticket progresses. The ASP application works as advertised when sending to the internal domain, but I get the following error when sending from a user with an email address outside of my domain: "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550...

Send email to shared team members
Hi all anybody got a suggestion for me as to how to send a email to all the users linked to a specific account? I have shared an account with multiple BU ? -- Warren O ...

Email and Contact
2 small questions i've got a folder full of emails with different senders i want to track on a CRM Account how should i do that? what i also would like is that when i recieve an (new)email from a contact known in CRM that ik automatically will be tracked in CRM ? thanks for your information Hello Capman, You do not need to install the Exchange Server router component to send email via SMTP. However without the router component we will be unable to track incoming email messages automatically. When you install the router componet we must also setup a dedicated Exchange mail bo...

email warnings
I have two accounts. One from my ISP an one from Hotmail. In Outlook 2003 I only receive warnings when a new mail has arrived from my ISP's account but not when I receive a mail from my Hotmail account. What must I do to receve a "new mail warning" for both accounts? You cannot receive a new mail notification from Hotmail - it does not work with http accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...

Send/Recieve Button
I think that I wore my send/recive button out! I removed and reinstalled office 2000, and my send/recieve button in Outlook 2000 still does not work properly. Any suggestions other than reinstalling Windows altogether? What do you mean when you say the button "does not work properly"? Do you get any errors? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "CJ" <cjennings@jenocom.com> wrote in message news:3fd101c355f6$9d8ec0c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I think that I wore my send/recive...

Losing Forwarded Email
Whenever I forward an email to someone, it does not appear in my sent folder. Is there a way to fix this? "AccessNovice" <AccessNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B3ABA5C-BDC1-44A1-BABB-D740C3FE33BF@microsoft.com... > Whenever I forward an email to someone, it does not appear in my sent > folder. > Is there a way to fix this? Are you using IMAP email by any chance? ...

Outlook help with programming reoccuring emails
would like to know if Outlook has capabilities to program an email to reoccur and be sent out automatically See if this page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | would like to know if Outlook has capabilities to program | an email to reoccur and be sent out automatically ...

Setting up different email accounts . .
I'm using Outlook 2000 and have added a few email address to my account for my wife and kid. I want to seperate the email accounts so that when you open Outlook you can choose which email account you want to log into with different inboxes, outboxes, etc. Right now, it's all just jumbled into one and the only thing you can do is pick which account you want to send the email from. I just can't seem to figure out how to do it, in Outlook express I used to use different "identities" if I remember correctly, but that doesn't seem to be available in Outlook. Ca...

Unable to send or recieve mail with Windows Live Mail
Whenever i try to Sync with my hotmail account from WLM i have had the following error for about a week now: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail.co (my email address) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 4402 Server Response: Client FolderId 327 is not found in the request Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/...

recieving emails
when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail server, who is on a different account on the same computer. The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 any possible ideas this means nothing to me What does "different account" mean? Different Windows user account, or different mail account on the same Windows Mail program? I tak...

Emails still in queue
I previously stated an issue that discussed several messages stuck in a Exchange 2000 Server queue. I was able to clean many of them out by changing passwords for users in AD and deleting the spam messages manually. I still have a few in the queue that are legit emails and I need to get them sent off to the recipient. I have run a trace route on these domains in the command prompt and it tells me the server did not respond. Does this sound like they have blacklisted our domain? Your IP address could be in blacklist. Use http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203204/EN-US http://support.microso...