recieving same emails over and over again

  • Follow

For some reason, Every time I press Send/Receive, the same emails and junk
mails keep coming time after time even when blocked and bounced to sender.
Please help.

0
Reply Utf 4/20/2010 8:08:01 PM

"LittleVic" <LittleVic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> For some reason, Every time I press Send/Receive, the same emails and junk
> mails keep coming time after time even when blocked and bounced to sender.

There are several issues here.  First, you can't "bounce" a message with a
mail client like Outlook.  Non-delivery reports must come from the mail
server, not the client, or it's not detected as an NDR.  On top of that,
spamers never see non-delivery reports so it's pointless to send them.

Second, we don't know what "blocked" means in your description, but trying to
add specific junk mail sender addresses to the Blocked Sender list in Outlook
is pointless because spammers constantly change the sending address.

Third, assuming you're using a POP account, there may be something interfering
with the POP protocols so that Outlook and the server never get to agree which
messages have been downloaded, which will cause them to be downloaded again
during the next send/receive.  One thing that can cause this is scanning your
incoming mail with an antivirus or -spam application.  If you expect Outlook
to properly handle incoming messages, do not get any applications between
Outlook and the server.  If your AV program is configured to scan mail,
uninstall it and reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

1
Reply Brian 4/21/2010 12:03:27 PM