Outlook will not work after windows update on Windows 7

  • Follow

Hi

this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
windows update will not run outllook.

when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it

i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better

i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which solves
the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.

i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !

help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1
0
Reply Utf 12/11/2009 11:46:02 AM

Have you tried opening it with the /resetnavpane switch?

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
> windows update will not run outllook.
>
> when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
> when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
> happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
> the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it
>
> i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better
>

> i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which
solves
> the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.
>
> i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !
>
> help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1

0
Reply Kathleen 12/11/2009 2:37:10 PM

what version of outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
> windows update will not run outllook.
>
> when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
> when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
> happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
> the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it
>
> i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better
>

> i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which
> solves
> the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.
>
> i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !
>
> help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1

0
Reply Diane 12/14/2009 2:13:40 PM

(page loaded in 0.039 seconds)

Reply: