Outlook will not work after windows update on Windows 7

Hi

this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
windows update will not run outllook.

when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it

i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better

i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which solves
the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.

i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !

help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1

Have you tried opening it with the /resetnavpane switch?

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
> windows update will not run outllook.
>
> when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
> when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
> happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
> the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it
>
> i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better
>

> i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which
solves
> the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.
>
> i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !
>
> help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1

0
Kathleen
12/11/2009 2:37:10 PM
what version of outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a
> windows update will not run outllook.
>
> when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message
> when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above
> happens,  if you say yes then it does the same
> the next time if offers a detect and repair,  that doesn't solve it
>
> i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it,  no better
>

> i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which
> solves
> the problem.  when the update is applied the errors start again.
>
> i've had to restore all the machines back, and disable windows update !
>
> help please ?  this is affecting my windows 7 rollout plans ?1

0
Diane

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Print Preview, Office Mac X, Zoom not working
The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the document, as it is unreadable otherwise. The following MSKB article refers to Excel 98, but perhaps the same solution will work in your version: XL98: Zoom Button Is Unavailable in Print Preview http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=186869 Nick Shestople wrote: > The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the > document, as it is unreadable otherwise. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook & Entourage

Updating a graph with 2 y axis
Hi, I have a Graph which on 1 axis which has 2 datalines shown as a line. and a 2nd axis which is a combined block. I am trying to add a 3rd item to the 1st axis but cannot get it to show as a line or on the same axis? Garfiled wrote: > Hi, I have a Graph which on 1 axis which has 2 datalines shown as a line. > and a 2nd axis which is a combined block. > I am trying to add a 3rd item to the 1st axis but cannot get it to show as a > line or on the same axis? > Right click on the graph line you want to change. and select "FormatDataSeries", then on the "Axis...

Opening Outlook

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Move Form to edge of chart window
I am using some vba in excel to display different forms in different sheets. Workbook has one data entry sheet with a dedicated form. This I manage to select as I have info on the screen resolution even if it changes and by selecting a particlar cell I manage to move this form relative to this cell. The problem is that I have 2 other sheets that are both chart windows. For each chart window I have a dedicated form that shows up whenever I switch to that particular sheet. My problem lies witht the positioning of these 2 forms, since that chart windows have no cells to refer ...

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002