Onebox.com & Outlook

Hi,

trying to use Outlook 2003 (version 11.5608.5606). I followed the
directions from Onebox.com to use outlook as my email interface. The
problem is, I can receive email A-OK, but I can't send email. Here are
my settings:

Incoming mail server (IMAP): pop.onebox.com
Outgoing mail server (STMP): stmp.onebox.com

I have my username & password stored in t he appropriate boxes, and it
clearly works for the incoming stuff... I even tried the "Log on Using:
(user specified info dialog boxes on the [More Settings] . [Outgoing
Server] page to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Viewer <boraxxarob@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Outgoing mail server (STMP): stmp.onebox.com

If this is literally correct, your problem is that you misspelled "smtp".
If not, then post the error messages, if any, that you see.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)
2/23/2006 12:05:08 AM
Argh!

Nope, I made a typo in the post. In outlook it is "smtp.onebox.com". Is
is perhaps case sensitive?

Viewer <boraxxarob@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nope, I made a typo in the post. In outlook it is "smtp.onebox.com".
> Is is perhaps case sensitive?

It is not case sensitive.

Turns out that "pop.onebox.com" and "smtp.onebox.com" are exactly the same
server.  Irrelevant, but interesting (to me, anyway).

> I have my username & password stored in t he appropriate boxes, and it
> clearly works for the incoming stuff... I even tried the "Log on Using:
> (user specified info dialog boxes on the [More Settings] . [Outgoing
> Server] page to no avail.

In addition to the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box,
have you checked the radio button that says "Use same settings as my
incoming mail server"?  Have you disabled any mail scanning by your
antivirus program?  Have you tried selecting the radio button that says "Log
on to the incoming mail server before sending mail"?  Do you receive any
error messages when you try to send?  If so, what is their exact text?  Have
you enabled diagnostic logging to see what's actually happening between your
Outlook and the mail server?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)
2/24/2006 2:05:26 PM
OK, Here's what I can say:

"In addition to the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
box,
have you checked the radio button that says "Use same settings as my
incoming mail server"?" -- Yes. That is the current setting

"Have you disabled any mail scanning by your antivirus program?" --
Aha! This may be a culprit. I'm using McAfee virusscan and the box fes
for scanning inbound & outbound email were checked. I'll try unchecking
the outbound box and see what happens.

"Have you tried selecting the radio button that says "Log on to the
incoming mail server before sending mail"?" - I don't know. I've looked
all over the setting and advanced settings and I don't see that one.

"Do you receive any error messages when you try to send?  " -- Yes, I
do.

"If so, what is their exact text?" -- Argh! I'm at the office now so I
don't have it in front of me, but I seem to recall that it was along
the line of unable to connect withthe server.

"Have you enabled diagnostic logging to see what's actually happening
between your Outlook and the mail server? " -- No. I dodn't know I
could nor how.  I'll explore that one too.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try it with the virus scanning off, and
I'll see if I can find out how to log the errors.

Update...

Did a bit more googling on the generic "can't send email" and got a
reference to some ISPs blocking Port 25 (whatever that is) to fight
spam. So I went to sbcglobal.net and did a bit of searching and found
that since September 2004 they have been blocking Port 25 and I instead
have to use Port 587 (I think that's the number). So, I have re-set my
outgoing port from 25 to 587 and I'll try that when I get home.

Sheesh! Why do I have to be part programmer just to send email. Doesn't
the internet know we don't all want to be programmers? We just want to
use the software...

I'll update with success or failure.

Failure!

Here's the error message:

Task 'Onebox.com' - Sending reported error (0x80042109) : outlook is
unable to connect to your outgoing MTP e-mail server. If you continute
to receive this message, contact your ISP.

What's next?

Viewer <boraxxarob@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Have you tried selecting the radio button that says "Log on to the
> incoming mail server before sending mail"?" - I don't know. I've
> looked all over the setting and advanced settings and I don't see
> that one.

It's at the bottom of the "Outgoing Server" tab.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479/en-us
--
Brian Tillman
0

My server (SMTP) requires authentication

then 2 choices

1) Use same settings as my incoming mail server

2) Log on using
    User Name: [box to fill in]
    Password:   [box to fill in]

Then Lof on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)

Tha's it.

I'm running outlook  2003 (11.5608.5606)

Hope that provides some insight...

> I don't have that button. My choices on th eOutgoing Server tab are:
....snip...
> Then Lof on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)

I have the button right below this checkbox.

> I'm running outlook  2003 (11.5608.5606)

And I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.8002.6562) SP2

What is back on the main account page, where you find the "More Settings"
button?  Do you have the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"
option checked or unchecked?
--
Brian Tillman
--

0
tillman1952 (16054)

Open Outlook COM from Windows Service
Hello NG I want to create a windows service using C#. In that service i want to open access to Outlook COM object but nothing happens. I've sat a reference to the Microsoft Outlook component verison 12 and using the following: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application objOL = New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application(); And the servcice don't get any further. It don't creates any errors or messages but i can't se that i continue to next line of code? Is it not possible to open Outlook COM object from a windows service? Kind regards Johnny...

Can you tell me how to delete an outlook identity?
Hi, I'm a newbie to Outlook, and I configured it incorrectly. I would like to start fresh and delete the identity I created. Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance. From: "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> | Hi, | | I'm a newbie to Outlook, and I configured it incorrectly. I would like to | start fresh and delete the identity I created. Can you help me with this? | Thanks in advance. Go to the Control Panel applet "Mail" and delete the profile then create a new profile. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV...

how do i access my outlook express for my online class
Please assist me, I'm taking a college course that uses, FLexnet and I am required to log on to outlook express. Please advise, I need to post home work and check in. Crystal "outlook express to access flex net" <outlook express to access flex net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4271352C-9C4C-4593-A63D-6D2F33026E30@microsoft.com... > Please assist me, I'm taking a college course that uses, FLexnet and I > am > required to log on to outlook express. Please advise, I need to post > home > work and check in. Ask in a newsgroup for...

Outlook Express to Outlook #10
I am trying desperately to transfer my old Outlook express 6 files to a new computer with outlook express 6. No success with professional advice given to me. Is it possible to transfer the files, or am I better going to Outlook. Please help. good advice on this topic seems hard to find. Thanks You could try asking in an OE ng as this is an OL ng. They are entirely different apps, Maybe look here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:663314C6-A981-490F-B5B8-1A7E887DACCD@microsoft.com... > I am trying desperatel...

Can I fix "Office.com ActiveX control could not be installed"?
I am trying to download a template of an Excel worksheet and it won't download and I receive this message "Office.com ActiveX control could not be installed". I believe, but don't know for sure since I am not very computer literate, that there may be something wrong in my files for my computer. In Internet Explorer, Tools, Security tab, be certain your security setting is Medium-High. This will prompt ActiveX permission. You could put Office in your Trusted site (Also under the Security tab). Click Trusted Sites, click Sites button, uncheck *Require server ve...

Outlook 2003 closed when i click on Minimize
I have the office 2003 Standard, with all Microsoft office update installed. When i press the Minimize the outlook is closing. Please advise. Thanks. Doubt it. Check your systray. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Moti Mamalia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a74f01c435cd$712f2760$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have the office 2003 Standard, with all Microsoft office > update installed. > > When i press the Minimize the outlook is closing. > > Please advise. > > Thanks. is it closing or going to the tray? click on Outlook'...

Using .mst files for outlook settings
Hi When I use a .mst file with Office2000 to install outlook 2000, the setup pickes up the .mst file settings but not all of the outlook settings are set. The setup has picked up the "Corporate or Workgroup" setting but not the rest of the settings such as the Exchange server and so on. When I open outlook after setup I'm asked to enter these details. Any Ideas Regards Gareth ...

Onebox.com & Outlook
Hi, trying to use Outlook 2003 (version 11.5608.5606). I followed the directions from Onebox.com to use outlook as my email interface. The problem is, I can receive email A-OK, but I can't send email. Here are my settings: Incoming mail server (IMAP): pop.onebox.com Outgoing mail server (STMP): stmp.onebox.com I have my username & password stored in t he appropriate boxes, and it clearly works for the incoming stuff... I even tried the "Log on Using: (user specified info dialog boxes on the [More Settings] . [Outgoing Server] page to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance ...

MFC COM
Hi, I have a specific need, where I have to develop a COM component using MFC(Classes derived from CCmdTarget). It need not support Automation(no IDispatch support, only custom interfaces). I need to support Connection points. What is the best way of doing it? Is there any wizard support like in ATL? Regards, Sai. Hi, Yes, ATL has support for connection points. While adding the individual objects thru ATL object wizard, u can mention whether u want ur component to support connection points. Girish. "Sai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05...

Formatting text color in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to have Outlook 2003 remember my text color and use it in every email? I've changed my color several times but it still uses black as the automatic setting. I find this very frustrating since I prefer to use navy blue in all my emails but don't know how to have OL remember it Thanks! Sorry! I already found out how to accomplish this task. No need to reply. ...

Outlook attachment location #2
How can I set attachment location in VB or C# code so when code launches the OL, user clicks on File insert button, it opens the location/folder I set in code. Thanks ...

exporting outlook expess 6 messages to another computer
I would like to export messages from outlook express 6 ( windows 98) to another computer using outlook express 6 (windows xp). I would appreciate if anyone could explain the procedure. LEVINE wrote: > I would like to export messages from outlook express 6 ( windows 98) to > another > computer using outlook express 6 (windows xp). I would appreciate if anyone > could > explain the procedure. > > <sigh> - see the reply to your other post...... -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk LEVINE <just...

Where is Outlook Express in Windows 7?
Hi, I just purchased a computer with Windows 7. I went to Start-->All Programs, and can't find OE on the menu. Is there OE in Windows 7? Please help, thanks in advancel. The last Windows version that had OE was XP. Win7 does not come with any e-mail client. If you want to stick with an MS client, Windows Live Mail is the successor to OE and Windows Mail (Vista). Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download): http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "sheana" <sheana@discussi...

Bluetooth Com port coding ?
I am not really sure if this is the right newsgroup to be asking this question so I appologize if it is not. Anyway, I have a Bluetooth barcode scanner and it has an incoming com port (COM3) and and outgoing com port (COM4); they are virtual com ports. I was wondering if anyone might know how to access these com ports? I tried it using a standard serial open command and using the com ports default settings, but nothing happened. So, either I don't have the proper com port settings for the device or I don't know how to access the device using the com ports properly. Basicall...

How to transfer Outlook e-mail archives into Outlook Express?
I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to Outlook Express. That decision is now weeks old, yet I still haven't done it ! ...Because I can't get any confidence about translating my archives from Outlook into O.E. I'm worried that the folder/file names use different extensions (as I think they do) in one program versus the other. Only Ork On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:35:06 -0800, "Only Ork" <OnlyOrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to >...

Outlook Today [Archive Folder]???
Hi, outlook/office 2000, windows xp. Everything works except the folder list is called Outlook Today - [Archive Folders] and I dont have the option to rename it. Also my archive pst file in documents/setting/microsoft/outlook is still too big even after compacting, about 50 Mb in Outlook. pst and 70 MB in Archive.pst duplication is somewhere. I dont mind losing my inbox and sent items data, but want to keep the data in my Calendar and contacts. Thanks Roo ...

Outlook 2000 #104
I cannot delete any messages from my Sent items at all. They just sit there. Now everytime I send a message it does send, but ends up keeping a copy in Outbox. Help! ...

Outlook Express Mail Import
I have just had to install a new H/Drive as the old one was starting to display boot errors.. I want to import my old email messages into the new hard drive,, but when I try to import it does'nt seem to find the old file.. has anyone done this successfully... Thanks This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgrou...

changing email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.com
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 SP1 / Windows 2000/2003 company has email addresses in the form firstinitiallastname@example.com (like jsmith@example.com). We would like to change our email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.com (like john.smith@example.com). How can we do this while still keeping the original email address as a secondary? First names and last names are already in the Active Directory, so hopefully this can done without brute force. Do we need to change each person manually, or can we apply a policy for this? thanks Karnov Hi Kanov, In AD go to the user's profile pr...

interoperation using COM from .NET with OptionalParameter
Hi! I have this simple main Console program. If I use row marked with 2 below it work but if I use row marked 1 I get runtime exception saying COMException was undandled. Exception HRESULT: OptionalParameter. The reason for this it that I can't send null as parameter value to a COM function. I mean normally it would be perfectly legal to send null values instead of a real object so why is it not valid in this case ? class Program { private static Object OptionalParameter = Type.Missing; static void Main(string[] args) { Application newExcelApp = new ...

Cannot view contacts or public folders in outlook address book
Hi, I have Exchange Server 2003 (data migrated from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 using a clean install of SBS 2003) and when I go to the Exchange Admin -> Recipients->All Address Lists ->All Contacts and hit "Preview" then it lists all the contacts I have set up in Active Directory. Similarly for ->Public folders. However, if I go to Outlook Address book and choose All Address Lists->All Contacts then no contacts are shown and if I go to Public folders most are shown but some are missing. I suspect a permissions problem but have checked the permissions on two public ...

Outlook Express 6 Spam Filter Program
How come everytime I open my e-mail, out of 33 downloads, only 2 are legitimately for me and the rest are spam? Can you not incorporate into Outlook Express a good Spam Filter system? I would feel so much safer having it coming from the company I am using rather than sownloading a spam program from someone else and hope that it doesn't create weird problems, glitches or messes with Outlook itself. There is this little thing called the DoJ and they like to sue if they think MS is pushing other companies out of business (which they would if they included a good antispam or antivirus ...

Holidays in Outlook
I can't seem to see the holidays on the calendar although they are listed as already installed. What am I missing? Thanks. Outlook 98/2000? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/20030804.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorit...

Can't open outlook after selecting exchange server instead of pop
installed office 2003, after selecting exchange server instead of pop3 i can't even access outlook to make changes. It says "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable". How do i correct this? How do I allow the outlook to at least open up? So, are we to assume you don't connect to Exchange? If not, why did you select Exchange as your transport? Start over with a new profile that uses the correct transports. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9147B3F-CDF0-4054-8338-0BBE8EB161DA@mic...

Com Component with MFC/ATL under COM+ vs database connections
Hi, I made a component using ATL component wizard (Simple Object). The component has some methods that delegate to another dll that is the actual implementation. The implementation dll is written using MFC, and uses CDatabase & CRecordset to access & query a database (odbc driver to sql server). A typical usage of the component would be to create the component, execute the method, and dispose of the component afterwards (this closes the database connection). I was wondering if the database connections are pooled when I run the component under COM+? Or should I implement specific inte...