how to sign out from ms outlook

  • Follow

plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......
0
Reply Utf 2/5/2010 4:33:01 AM

Select FILE
Select EXIT

This will sign you out.

Nikki

"sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......

-1
Reply Nikki 2/5/2010 4:37:08 AM

"sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......

You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.

0
Reply Gordon 2/5/2010 1:03:28 PM

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......
>
> You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.

Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a surprise
logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it has to
"repair" the pst file.

Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs that
run that way) without have to open it first?
 --
Jim

0
Reply Jim 2/5/2010 4:37:12 PM

"Jim Nugent" <njim2k-nntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
> that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
> continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
> logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a surprise
> logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it has to
> "repair" the pst file.
>
> Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs that
> run that way) without have to open it first?

No, but it's my opinion that you should always close applications before
logging out of the computer to guarantee any outstanding I/O is completed
properly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 2/5/2010 5:05:35 PM

What addins are you running at home? It  should exit gracefully at home
too - but many times an addin will prevent it from closing properly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Jim Nugent" <njim2k-nntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......
>>
>> You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.
>
> Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
> that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
> continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
> logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a
> surprise logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it
> has to "repair" the pst file.
>
> Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs
> that run that way) without have to open it first?
> --
> Jim

0
Reply Diane 2/6/2010 4:54:09 PM

> What addins are you running at home? It  should exit gracefully at home
> too - but many times an addin will prevent it from closing properly.

Thank you! Problem solved. iTunes add-in? WTF? Hmmmph....
 --
Jim

0
Reply Jim 2/9/2010 3:11:38 PM