how to sign out from ms outlook

plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......

Select FILE
Select EXIT

This will sign you out.

Nikki

"sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......

-4
Nikki
2/5/2010 4:37:08 AM
"sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......

You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.

-1
Gordon
2/5/2010 1:03:28 PM
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......
>
> You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.

Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a surprise
logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it has to
"repair" the pst file.

Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs that
run that way) without have to open it first?
 --
Jim

0
Jim
2/5/2010 4:37:12 PM
"Jim Nugent" <njim2k-nntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
> that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
> continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
> logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a surprise
> logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it has to
> "repair" the pst file.
>
> Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs that
> run that way) without have to open it first?

No, but it's my opinion that you should always close applications before
logging out of the computer to guarantee any outstanding I/O is completed
properly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/5/2010 5:05:35 PM
What addins are you running at home? It  should exit gracefully at home
too - but many times an addin will prevent it from closing properly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Jim Nugent" <njim2k-nntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "sumant aryan" <sumant aryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> plz tell me the process of how to sign out from ms outlook......
>>
>> You don't "sign out" from Outlook - you CLOSE it.
>
> Yes, if the window is open, it's easy. But Outlook has this nice feature
> that lets it be set to minimize to the tray next to the clock. I run it
> continuously. At work OL 2003 (on Exchange) can deal gracefully with a
> logout. At home, OL 2007(Internet Mail, Personal Folders) doesn't a
> surprise logoff (i.e. without exiting OL first), and when it starts up it
> has to "repair" the pst file.
>
> Is there a way to close it from the minimized state (like most programs
> that run that way) without have to open it first?
> --
> Jim

0
Diane
> What addins are you running at home? It  should exit gracefully at home
> too - but many times an addin will prevent it from closing properly.

Thank you! Problem solved. iTunes add-in? WTF? Hmmmph....
 --
Jim

0
Jim

What Is Ms Excel Used For & How do I use It ?
I havent a clue about excel, I need someone to give me a crash course on this please !!! Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excel_spreadsheet *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Liz" wrote: > I havent a clue about excel, I need someone to give me a crash course on this > please !!! Liz Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........ http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:02:01 -0700, Liz <Liz@di...

outlook 2002 imports double messages from outlook express
for some reason, my outlook 2002 (a new copy) seems to import two of each message from my old outlook express inbox. does anyone have any thoughts on why this may be happening, and what i could do to fix it? an e-mail response would be great, otherwise i'll check back on the board in a couple days. thanks! -- srikanth srikanth <srikanth.sivashankaran@yale.edu> wrote: > for some reason, my outlook 2002 (a new copy) seems to > import two of each message from my old outlook express > inbox. does anyone have any thoughts on why this may be > happening, and what...

MS Money 2004 Delux
Hi, I am planning to download trial version of the Money 2004 delux and use it for 60 days. My question is, before 60 days, If I buy Money 2004 delux from local vendor and load it, can I use the previously set up (in Trial version) data? Thanks Yes. If you do decide to buy the retail version, please buy a CD and don't download. It makes life so much easier were you to have a hard disk crash. Note also that if you decide not to buy M2004 your file cannot be read in earlier versions (assuming you are already a Money user). -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

Can't open attachments in Outlook 2003
Since installing some MS updates via Automatic updates last evening, I can;t open any attachments. The error messgae reads...Can't create file: image002.jpg. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have searched on this forum, but after clicking to read the initial post, when I try to click and read the subsequent posts, nothing happens and I see a small message in the lower left corner that reads "error on page". Any thoughts? Regards, Jon "j...

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

outlook delete message outbox problem
I am seeing that this is not an unusual problem. I have tried working "offline". I have tried disconnecting the internet connection to the computer, restarting, delaying message sending, etc. File still will not delete or be moved. I have noticed same "error" message as some others have gotten, mapi spooling? and "message has already begun transmission what a joke this has been for 2 weeks and I don't even know what archives this has been pulled from. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

OUTLOOK 2003 SHORTCUT
Can anyone tell me how to get the shortcut icon to open the application from the Office 2000 shortcut toolbar? Pentium 4; 512K ram; Windows XP Pro; Office 2000. Point the shortcut to the Outlook 2003 executable. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: BUD <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Can anyone tell me how to get the shortcut icon to open | the application from the Office 2000 shortcut toolbar? | | Pentium 4; 512K ram; Windows XP Pro; Office 2000. ...

Win7, IE8, CRM, Outlook, IFD, self-signed cert, certificate error
Strange problem - I've got CRM 4.0 running with IFD. IFD works fine from Internet Explorer. There is a self-signed certificate. In IE, IFD & the self-signed cert works fine, either with a warning or if the cert is installed to the local PC, with no warning. In Outlook, IFD has been working fine for many months. I've just noticed a a few Windows 7 clients that the Outlook client fails with invalid certificate errors. The client loads fine and integrates the Outlook navigation interface, but if the user tries to open any CRM item, gets a 'navigation blocked' error. ...

Outlook 2003 02-19-04
Can someone tell me if Outlook 2003 supported in v1.2? Thanks in advance. Hi, Yes it is :) -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft France -------------------- Merci de bien vouloir r�pondre � ce message dans le newsgroup o� il a �t� post�. Je le consulte r�guli�rement. "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12b6801c3f68a$23bc5250$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me if Outlook 2003 supported in v1.2? > Thanks in advance. Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Yes it is :) > >--=20 >Olivier Schmitt >Microsoft ...

Outlook Express:
Can outlook express be set up to send an away mesage/vacation response. Any help is appreciated from anyone. "jason Pope" <mr_anderson1979@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03dc01c3b3a4$432fa430$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can outlook express be set up to send an away > mesage/vacation response. Any help is appreciated from > anyone. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as ...

Passport sign-in unsuccessful SOLUTION!!!
ok, i was getting the sign-in unsuccessful error that many money users seem to be having. after doing an extensive search here on google groups and did all suggested solutions it still wasn't working - so what i did was to go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ and delete the Money folder with all its subfolders (there was \12.0\something with xml files in them). after that passport sign-in worked like a charm. hope this helps anyone who has the problem Thank you for your helpful tip. It did work on my computer as well. I was so anno...

Date in cell shows as pound signs
Using Excel 2000. I have pre-formated worksheets in which the date columns are formatted to show the date style as 12-Nov-03. All worked fine until yesterday when the entries began to show up as pound signs. When I look at the formatting for the cell, it appears to be formatted correctly. I have checked with entries entered before yesterday and the formatting appears the same. My knowledge of the program is fairly rudimentary but I thought I could do the basic cell formatting by clicking Format, Cells, Number, Catagory - Date, etc. What am I missing here? Most grateful for your help....

EXCEL & OUTLOOK 2003
Hi all I generate mail items from Excel (VBA) . MS Outlook's feedback is something like "Some user is trying to get the access to your address book ..." . How to disable this feedback ? Thanks Fero See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to = the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later = versions. Disabling the prompts on the client is not an option. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookc...

how do I create a macro of text in Outlook 2003?
I need to insert a short sentence in many of my emails in the subject line. I tried looking into creating a Macro via the Outlook Help instructions, but I don't know how to write code. It seems that 2007 has quickstarts for this purpose, but can anyone tell me how to do it in Outlook 2003? the term is QuickParts http://www.timeatlas.com/Email/Outlook/Reusing_Outlook_Text_and_Images Marie wrote: > I need to insert a short sentence in many of my emails in the subject line. > I tried looking into creating a Macro via the Outlook Help instructions, but > I don...

how to eliminate ####sign and shortcut signs..
ie1: For instance keyed in 11111111111 in the cell, endup displaying 1.111111E+17 Qns: How to display my desired data which is '11111111111'. ie2: Intend to key '111,112,113....120' on cell, given 'pre-adjusted' column and numbers continue on next row below and next. Given '111,112....120' taken up 3rows and able to fill ideally,without the outcome shown ###### sign. 'Resize' column/row adviced, i just wanted the numbers to fill in my pre-adjusted field Preformat that cell as Text or start your entry with a leading apostrophe: '123,123,123,12...

Outlook Express Error Messages
When I try to open outlook express I get two messages: 1)Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory... 2)Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have WindowsMe and outlook version 6.0. Thanks. ...

CRM 4.0 Desktop Client
Hello everyone! I installed a brandnew MS CRM 4.0 System Enterprise and a brandnew XP Pro Client with Office 2007 installed. On this xp client I then installed the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. Everyting seems fine, Outlook starts without any problems. I then configured a new Data Group which should synchronize some contacts. I enabled this Data Group. When I try to synchronize Outlook with CRM, my Outlook reports an error and closes in the middle of the synchronization process. I then first disabled the Data Group, but still get the same error when trying to synchronize and also the CRM cli...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

transferring MSN Dialup messages to Outlook 2002 loses original da
I am trying to move my saved (on my computer) MSN Dialup emails into Outlook so that I do not have to have MSN 9 running to read them. I can transfer the saved emails to the MSN server and see them in Outlook, but while the original message date and time are there when I look at the email in MSN 9, when I look at it with Outlook, the transfer date and time are there instead. A message which had never been transferred to my computer appears in Outlook with the correct date and time. The messages look identical in MSN, but in Outlook one has the transfer date instead of the original date,...

Can't remove MS Office Test Drive
I can't seem to remove test drive. I have seen some previous posts, so I tried to Repair disk Permissions first, then ran Remove Office from the folder called Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive. It searches for files to remove, but the results are blank, and all it will do is Quit. The folder is in my Applications, and has size of 330 MB. I am running OS 10.4.8 on MacBook. Problems started when I mistakenly dragged my app's from my old eMac onto my new MacBook, instead of installing them from CD. I was able to remove the main MS Office 2004 folder (by running Remove Office from its ...

Running Outlook 2003 Minimized
I put a shortcut to Outlook 2003 in each users startup folder. I set the properties to run minimized. It works for all my users except one. No matter what I do I can't seem to get it to run minimized for this user. I can make it run maximized but it won run minimized. It just opens as normal when it is set to minimize. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA Steve ...

Money07 Sign In
Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. In microsoft.public.money, PapaFrank wrote: >Help, UG from 04 to 07 Deluxe, want to use file with standard password. >Unable to open file keeps asking for email ad password, have-not used >passport... tried singing in 04 setting up passport but no luck. > >I thought I saw a workaround somewhere. > > Try closing Money. ...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

MS Query variable
Is it possible to pass a variable to an MS query from and excel spreadsheet. ie. can the user enter something into a cell on sheet1 and this be called into an MSquery and the query run on this info? Dean This is certainly possible. However the MSquery results must be returned to excel. You need to access the query properties (right click in the data returned area) and select the Parameters option. This menu option is sensitive to the fact that the query is expecting parameters so ensure that the query is constructed for this first. (MSQuery help hsows you how) Then it is simply a m...

Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar
Dear All How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms, tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise Access 2003, regarding opening windows. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi Paul, I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007. You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object workspace by doing this: - Click the Office button - Click Access Options (bottom left corner) - Click Current Database category - Under the Application Options section for the r...