How do I set up a new email address for the first time?

I'm new to using Outlook and need to set up an email address for the first
time.  It cannot find my settings automatically and I'm not sure what to do
with the manual settings. Can someone please help??

Contact your ISP or check their website for the correct account and server
settings. You have to set up your Outlook profile manually:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--

Kathleen Orland

"New email address set up" <New email address set
up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to using Outlook and need to set up an email address for the first
> time.  It cannot find my settings automatically and I'm not sure what to
do
> with the manual settings. Can someone please help??

0
Orland
6/1/2010 7:24:30 PM
"New email address set up" <New email address set
up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm new to using Outlook and need to set up an email address for the first
> time.  It cannot find my settings automatically and I'm not sure what to do
> with the manual settings. Can someone please help??

Follow the instructions given you by your mail service provider.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
6/1/2010 7:27:02 PM
what version of outlook do you use?

See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/profile/profile.htm for a tutorial.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"New email address set up" <New email address set
up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to using Outlook and need to set up an email address for the first
> time.  It cannot find my settings automatically and I'm not sure what to
> do
> with the manual settings. Can someone please help??

1
Diane

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Convert time to a number when linking?
I'm referencing a time value in Worksheet "A" from the Data worksheet "B" like this; =Data!A1. Cell A1 is formatted as time and shows as 01:00, and I need it to be a general number (just a 1) in Worksheet "A" so I can divide it by another general number. Cells B1 & B2 are formatted as general in the source worksheet. In other words, the difference between 1:00 (A1) and 8:00 (A2) is 7. At 1:00 the temp was 32 (B1) degrees and at 8:00 the temperature was 152 (B2) degrees. In these 7 minutes the temperature rose 120 degrees. What I'm trying t...

email fonts #2
Dear all Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. EGB Are you receiving then sending email in plain text mode ? kev "egb" <egb@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqK1qILtHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I > reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. > > EGB > > > > > ...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

Unable to attach emails to business contacts without causing Outlook 2003 to crash!
I have just upgraded Office XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro. I am using the existing Outlook data file as my default mail file. The file appears to work as expected. I then installed Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. I imported contact details from a couple of contact folders. I believe inn order to link an email with a contact I should be able to Click on "Link to History" from the toolbar. Choose Business Contacts Choose a contact Then click Next - then Outlook crashes and keeps crashing at this point I tried detect and repair which lost me access to the BCM notes I had ...

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

CRM1.2 -> CRM3.0 on new server
Hello We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3.0 from scratch (going to put new drives in the server). What is my best option for transferring the data from CRM1.2 to the new CRM3.0 installation? Thanks Andrew 1. Redeploy v1.2 to the new server 2. Upgrade the new server to 3.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Andrew Hussey" wrote: > Hello > > We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh > installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3....

deleteing the first information store
Currently using Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP3 + rollup on widnows 2000 advanced server I need to delete the first information store on the server to free up some space - all the mailboxes have been migrated. Except of course for the "system attendant" mailbox ( not the SMTP or system mailboxes ). Apparently there is one per server and it will be recreated in another store one the SA service is restarted. Does anyone have a specific knowledge base article for Exchange 2000 that confirms this and also an article that explains what to do if the mailbox is not automatically rec...

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR