Save Current email in Directory.

  • Follow

Hi all,

Brand brand new to VBA coding. Fully fledgling newbee in the ranks!
Hoping for a little help.

My final aim is to have a button and a drop-down box in a custom
toolbar. The dropdown box will offer a number of local directories and
the button will execute a save script which saves the email (with any
attachments) in the directory currently selected in the drop-down box.
This will ideally work with the email open in the preview pane as
opposed to having to double click each message before saving it.

I'm sure this is a big job so I'l attack it one section at a time.

I've found one macro to select the message which is open in the preview
pane: (http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=50) and have also
found a number of save-email scripts.

Would anybody be able to advise how to string these together.

Thanks a million.

DomV

--
DomV
0

So far it's hard to say what you're missing.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:46:34 +0100 schrieb DomV:

> Hi all,
>
> Brand brand new to VBA coding. Fully fledgling newbee in the ranks!
> Hoping for a little help.
>
> My final aim is to have a button and a drop-down box in a custom
> toolbar. The dropdown box will offer a number of local directories and
> the button will execute a save script which saves the email (with any
> attachments) in the directory currently selected in the drop-down box.
> This will ideally work with the email open in the preview pane as
> opposed to having to double click each message before saving it.
>
> I'm sure this is a big job so I'l attack it one section at a time.
>
> I've found one macro to select the message which is open in the preview
> pane: (http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=50) and have also
> found a number of save-email scripts.
>
> Would anybody be able to advise how to string these together.
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> DomV
0
Reply Michael 6/3/2010 7:14:26 AM