How To Refer To Custom Folder in VBA

  • Follow

Hello Outlook Group:

I am trying to reference a CUSTOM user folder at the same level as all the
other folders:

For example, I have a folder called MyEmails that appears in the Outlook
tree as follows:

Calendar
Contacts
Deleted Items
Drafts
Inbox
MyEmails

The VBA code I'm using from Access works for the Inbox, but fails on the
MAPI setup of the MyEmails Folder:

Set Inbox = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set MyEmailFolder = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").Folders("MyEmail")

I don't want to the the GetDefaultFolder because it isn't one.  Does anyone
know the code to create the Namespace for "MyEmail"?

Thanks,
Rich Locus

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

I finally came up with the code to do this... I had to refer to the Parent
directory of the Inbox:

Set MyEmailFolder =
OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Parent.Folders("MyEmail")
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Rich Locus" wrote:

> Hello Outlook Group:
>
> I am trying to reference a CUSTOM user folder at the same level as all the
> other folders:
>
> For example, I have a folder called MyEmails that appears in the Outlook
> tree as follows:
>
> Calendar
> Contacts
> Deleted Items
> Drafts
> Inbox
> MyEmails
>
> The VBA code I'm using from Access works for the Inbox, but fails on the
> MAPI setup of the MyEmails Folder:
>
> Set Inbox = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
> Set MyEmailFolder = OlApp.GetNamespace("Mapi").Folders("MyEmail")
>
> I don't want to the the GetDefaultFolder because it isn't one.  Does anyone
> know the code to create the Namespace for "MyEmail"?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Locus
>

> --
> Rich Locus