unable to type in message body of new email

Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange.
Running IE 8 and Windows 7.  I can login fine and read email, but when i
click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text
in the message body.  Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the
message body.
I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an
XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup
bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X
control".  I add the DHTML add-on and am then able to type
--
Thanks.
Dan...

I found the solution to this problem. see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911829
The 2003 exchange patch is downloadable but the exchange 2000 patch is not
and you'll probably have to pay for it.  I don't believe this problems
happens at all in Exchange 2007.  Just run the 911829 patch on your 2003
exchange server and it will take care of this problem.
Dan...

"Dan S." wrote:

> Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange.
> Running IE 8 and Windows 7.  I can login fine and read email, but when i
> click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text
> in the message body.  Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the
> message body.
> I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an
> XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup
> bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X
> control".  I add the DHTML add-on and am then able to type
> --
> Thanks.
> Dan...

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Stuck emails
I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do I delete this email? have you tried a "shift delete"? have you tried deleting it in OWA? are these users running Outlook in cached mode? "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft....

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Unable to open calendar

Phone Message
I have seen that there is a way to setup a Phone message in Outlook, so users do not have to send an email, or give someone a sticky yellow note. I want to setup While you were out, I know this can be done in Novell's groupWise. How do u do it in Outlook, within a Workgroup? I just want clear defined instructions, as when I search I get numerous posts about this, regarding Office 97 file that u can download. But I want to set this up in Outlook 2002, with a toolbar button so people can send each other Phone messages to say who has called, to their POP3 mail. Please help Ta L...

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Customer Types #2
We have thousands of customers on our system, a lot of which we imported when we moved to RMS. I have several types of customers who are members of different 'clubs' e.g. barbeque club, food club, discount club, staff member etc, and then i have 2 stores. I want to be able to pull out groups of customers for analysis, and currently i can do this to a certain extent using filters to select the range of account numbers that i want, for example all staff numbers start with S so i can pull them out etc. My question is, can i set up several customer types e.g Staff Member Donaghade...

OL: Sent Messages Remain in My Outbox
I have read the article Q291613. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;Q291613 It said that I was trying to address the item to someone in my local personal address book. So, I tried to address an email with a totally new email address. however, the problem persists... pls pls hlp What version of Outlook and do you have send immediately checked? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: ChrisW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have re...

unable to scroll the page

Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format
Dear all, Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks. Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just like the following 01/0001 01/0002 01/0003 . . . Now, if I type in 01/0001 and I want to drag the mouse down to many cells and I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format. Can I do that? Simply, I want the cell t...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Unable to conect

Typed Data Set and relations
I've a fairly complex schema which I'm trying to create a typed data set for. I've had a number of issues to date but it is sort of working (e.g. elements are not considered nullable unless minOccurs="0" is present. If not the codegen:nullValue attribute is ignored). What I'm seeing at the moment is that if I do NOT add in key and key ref relations, the cs generated puts in sensibly named relations with appropriate accessors. But they don't work. If I put in explicit key refs I get pairs of relations defined for each 'real' relation. The ones added c...

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

Inteligent Message Filtering...
Is there any easy way to view the contents or sender that get dumped into the delete folder? My client liked being able to review the old mail in the admin box even though he might have received 1000 messages over the weekend. Occasionally, he found valuable mail. Thanks! Chris Do you mean the IMF Archive folder in mailroot? Check out IMF Archive Manager http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Chris Marsh" &l...