how to set up outlook email with craigslist

  • Follow

how do i set up my email account with outlook  with craigslist, i keep gettin
an error message
0
Reply Utf 2/16/2010 2:43:01 PM

"leigh patterson" <leigh patterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> how do i set up my email account with outlook  with craigslist, i keep
> gettin
> an error message

Exactly how are you trying to set the account up and exactly what erorrs to
you see?  What version of Outlook?  Does craigslist offer a mail server?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 2/16/2010 3:02:31 PM

I am told by geek squad that it would cost about $129.00 to install outlook.  I just paid dearly for a new computer with good protection, etc.  I am always checking Craigslist but cannot reply unless I copy the address and create the new email through Yahoo.  At this time of technology are still backwards when it comes to Craigslist?
0
Reply Donna 2/16/2010 11:09:24 PM

"Donna Christensen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message

Don't hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own.

>I am told by geek squad that it would cost about $129.00 to install outlook.
>I just paid dearly for a new
> computer with good protection, etc.  I am always checking Craigslist but
> cannot reply unless I copy the
> address and create the new email through Yahoo.  At this time of technology
> are still backwards when it
> comes to Craigslist?

Your message was one big long line.  If you intend to continue using a posting
agent that doesn't understand formatting, please insert line breaks manually.

New PCs come with Windows 7.  Windows 7 doesn't have a native mail client.
You can install any number of free mail clients and you won't have to pay a
dime.  Any of those mail clients can be configured to respond to your clicking
a mailto link.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 2/17/2010 6:46:12 PM

Hello, this is the message that I receive and have for some time. I would assume that it is similar to the individual that is posting.