Won't type in body of email only subject line

In what seemed the blink of an eye; where I could type messages normally, I
now can only type in the subject line.

New emails won't permit type in the body nor replies. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Musicdevine2240;110425 Wrote:
> In what seemed the blink of an eye; where I could type messages
> normally, I
> now can only type in the subject line.
>
> New emails won't permit type in the body nor replies. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Happy New Year!

This is in a compose message form, correct?
Did you try restarting outlook?

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Slipstick

Emails cannot add to the records automatically
I am using CRM 3.0, when I created an email activities and sent to external client (they are using gmail) via CRM web client, I can see a email record with GUID (CRM00030002) in the History of that contact record. When the client reply my mail, I can receive it in my Outlook Inbox with thta GUID at the subject line, however, I cannot find any email record which replied by the client appended to the activities/history of the contact record, does any has this experience and do you guus know any way to solve it? Event ID:0 Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceEx...

Error sending email to my exchange server
I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT. I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host. It works. When I send internal email everything works OK. But when I am sending email from external site I get the following error. host does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable Giving up on host In the last exciting episode, "Kamran Khayami" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Firebox Watchgaurd firewall using NAT. >I have tested smtp connection by telneting to host. It >works. > >W...

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Signiture on email
Dear Sirs, My signiture is shown only when I type new email. It will not show when I reply to e-mail. Also I could not use insert signiture in any email. the word insert is not shown in the TOOLS tab. Can you pplease assit & tel me what is wrong. thank you. Are you using Word as the email editor? What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

Auto Repsonse for Incoming Email
Sorry to ask this question but I can't seem to locate an answer in the archives. I have a distribution account account called service@abc.com. Emails are distributed to 5 users in the service department. The manager of the department would like an auto response generated for all new email acknowledging receipt of the email and thanking the customer for their business. We are running a mixture of OL 97 and 2000 on an Exchange 5.5 server. I have tried setting up a rule to reply to any inbound email to the service account but, it is not replying to the sender. Any help would be...

Suspicious Internet Email and Store.exe CPU 100% Usage
Hi everyone, My Exchange server is having issue with Store.exe 100% CPU Usage since yesterday. I noticed that there is a suspicious (from <Unknown>) internet mail is sitting in the inbound message waiting delivery queue and never goes away. I tried to delete it, but it did not go. I tried to check its Details but got the message "the message was deleted or delivered. Press Refresh button...". Could anyone know how to delete this email. Thanks in advance Eric ...

Retrieving Deleted Emails.........
I cannot fiugre out how to retrieve emails that have been deleted from my Deleted Items folder. I do not have the function "Retrieve Deleted Items" on my toolbar. Help anyone? Robert Boozer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot fiugre out how to retrieve emails that have been > deleted from my Deleted Items folder. I do not have the > function "Retrieve Deleted Items" on my toolbar. Help > anyone? The "Retrieve Deleted Items" item exists only when the mailbox is on an Exchange server. If you don't use Exchange, see ht...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

Is it possible to automate sending of a daily email?
Hello, I would like to automatically send an email every day at a scheduled time. Is it possible to do that using Outlook or the Calendar? If not, is there another method? Thank you for any and all help! -deb See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm for a way that can be modified to do what you want. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Greyhound Friend" <greyhoundfriend@mail.com&...

duplicate email question
If I have a user that is in 2 or more distribution lists and I am sending out an email to 2 distribution lists that a person is in both lists. Is there a way in outlook or with exchange that will only send out 1 email to the person and not two? Mark <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I have a user that is in 2 or more distribution lists and I am > sending out an email to 2 distribution lists that a person is in both > lists. Is there a way in outlook or with exchange that will only > send out 1 email to the person and not two? If Outlook can tell they're the s...

Sending and Filing an Email
How can I send and simulataneoulsy file a message into a Folder (need to be able to be promted to ask which Folder as it changes from message to message) at the same time.... ...

I can receive but not send email
Just updated from Vista to Windows 7 today. Now I can't send emails. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'hkelley@couturecardstock.com'. Subject 'Re: Splitcoast' Server Er...

How do I create a field that has multiple lines for entering order
I am creating a requisition form for ordering supplies and services that has fields for item no, description, quantity, etc. and a lot of blank fields as well. I need the blank lines that aren't used to be on the phone when printing as this is a standard company form. How do i get the blank lines to be there? the "on the phone" part of your sentance is a little baffling.... presuming you want to print blank lines...the key is not to print a form. you want to print a Report. so leave the form as it is.... make a Report that looks like the form but has the blank lines....

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

new email set regarding against an old case
Hi all, When I recevie an email in my queue in crm and its subject is identical to a previous case it is automatically set regarding the old case. how can i stop this from happening? Regards Ian ...

email single worksheet within workbook
Is it possible to email a single worksheet within a multiple worksheet workbook? Kate Hi Kate See my Wesite for a example http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kate" <kate.ganski@yale.edu> wrote in message news:001801c38e80$560aeae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to email a single worksheet within a > multiple worksheet workbook? > Kate On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:13:54 -0700, "Kate" <kate.ganski@yale.edu> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >Is it possible to e...

hidden text on body, seen on preview pane
some days ago I'm receiving some replies from a sender using Iplanet messenger service, I use exchange server and outlook 2003, when I open those emails I know there are some hidden text, this text is seen when I enable preview pane, but I can't find any way to read this text opening it in a new window. ...

record action on email
People are using email more & more and saving them just as we used to file letters. I would like to record any action taken on an email that is stored with the email just as I would write a note on a letter in the file. This way if I need to check what I did in response to an email, I just need to find the email and see what I recorded, just as I would have looked at a letter on a file. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button i...

Outlook sends same email many times
HI, Occasionally Outlook will send the same email many times to my recipient. I don't know this because the message remains in my outbox with the appearance of not being transmitted. But in fact, Outlook has sent the message to recipient over and over until I deleted it from the outbox. One person received an eight emails, but this same email was still in my outbox. This seems to happen when I have attached a file to the email. This is a real problem... Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. ...